Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
So loving happy for Verlander. You finally got your ring, big guy. Sorry the Tigers decided to stock their bullpen with terrible assbabies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

I'll take a Morton one.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

bong claimed 'em, perhaps I could interest you in a Keuchel?

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Kirios posted:

bong claimed 'em, perhaps I could interest you in a Keuchel?

oops just saw that. Hmmm....McCullers then.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Excellent choice, he was magic in game 7 of the ALCS.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

When is the parade

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Intruder posted:

When is the parade

Friday...that's all I know.

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
I'm a latecomer, my family moved to Houston in 2001 and I became an Astros fan because we kept getting free tickets for games

in summary:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOU0yV2dj8U

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

curried lamb of God posted:

I'm a latecomer, my family moved to Houston in 2001 and I became an Astros fan because we kept getting free tickets for games

in summary:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOU0yV2dj8U

pick your player you want an avatar of friend

RussianBear
Sep 14, 2003

I am become death, the destroyer of worlds
I’m so happy right now. My daughter turned two months old today and she now lives in a world where the Houston Astros are World Series Champions! She isn’t condemned to a life of Houston sports misery! There is hope. It feels so good.

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners

Kirios posted:

pick your player you want an avatar of friend

I'm Venezuelan and Altuve was already taken, so I have to go for Marwin

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

You can have Altuve if I get a Josh Reddick in a Ric Flair robe woo-ing w/ his USA speedo.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

RussianBear posted:

I’m so happy right now. My daughter turned two months old today and she now lives in a world where the Houston Astros are World Series Champions! She isn’t condemned to a life of Houston sports misery! There is hope. It feels so good.

What the gently caress man my daughter was born August 28th when was yours born?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I'll take McCann if no one else has. Otherwise, gimme Brad Peacock.

I also feel like I don't deserve to take your money after being such a turd yesterday, so you pick the av and I'll pay for it, or you pick your own av and I'll pay for that one.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Bagwell looks like a hobo

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Intruder posted:

Bagwell looks like a hobo

Hall of Famers get to look like whatever they want imo

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

guys

guys

I'm still in utter loving disbelief

This is amazing

I'm happy enough to eat some bananas and pie

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
I'm watching highlights again and I can't believe how many ridiculous jams we escaped in that game

Of course the Astros had to win a World Series in the most emotionally exhausting series I've ever watched

Worth it

Woo

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe
Can I get Bregman?

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

i am so loving ahppy gently caress yeah houston astros world series champs

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe
So not only did the SI cover get it right, it featured the WS MVP.

That's gotta be the greatest cover of all time right?

RussianBear
Sep 14, 2003

I am become death, the destroyer of worlds

Kirios posted:

What the gently caress man my daughter was born August 28th when was yours born?

September 1st. I’m so thankful my wife is from San Antonio and wasn’t raised an Astros fan so she could handle all the childcare while I freaked out during the playoffs.

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.
Justin Verlander is the best trade ever. I have no idea what to do with myself

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

b0ng posted:

Justin Verlander is the best trade ever. I have no idea what to do with myself

It is, it really is the best Astros trade ever. I don't care if Franklin Perez, Daz Cameron and Jake Rogers become hall of famers. It was so incredibly worth it.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
It was a pleasure posting with you, Astros Goons. Congratulations. :)

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

ComposerGuy posted:

So not only did the SI cover get it right, it featured the WS MVP.

That's gotta be the greatest cover of all time right?

Even the part about u.s. Soccer turned out relevant.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

guys im so happy

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Reddick is being interviewed while wearing his Astros championship belt so gently caress him

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Intruder posted:

Reddick is being interviewed while wearing his Astros championship belt so gently caress him

lol

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Just ordered the World Series t-shirt and hat. Gonna wear the gently caress out of those.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Its finally starting to sink in

Oh my god

Imasalmon
Mar 19, 2003

Meet me in the Hall of Fame
I know I don't post much anymore, but holy Toledo, I can't stop crying.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

i just dont understand yet

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Just spent 200 dollars on a shirt, ballcap, baseball and a framed SI cover.

Zero regrets.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Lance's wife is :3:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Imasalmon posted:

I know I don't post much anymore, but holy Toledo, I can't stop crying.

Same, man. Same

I wish Granny could see this, but then again I'm sure she can

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.
Astros own and I am 100% going to the mall during lunch break tomorrow to confirm my hat size and order my WS champion hat

Also I will be partaking in the hilariously overpriced bidding on SI 2014 covers

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

If you're willing to pay for a year of SI you can get a pretty solid deal on the covers (it's how I got the framed one):

http://subscription-assets.si.com/qa/assets/themes/magazines/SUBS/templates/velocity/site/si-2017wsc/lp.html?xid=WS17-Social_Internal

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller
Reading through this whole thread is a very feel-good time. Gives hope to struggling teams everywhere

Also I still cannot believe y'all broke the SI cover curse, including having the main guy named MVP of the series

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.
BRO - GIVE ME A MOTHERFUCKIN CHARLIE MORTON AVATAR - WHAT A loving BOSS MOTHERFUCKER.

LETS GO ASTROS, JUST GOT BACK FROM DOWNTOWN. LOVE THIS CITY, LOVE EVERYONE HERE.

gently caress HARVEY

gently caress HURRICANES

HOUSTON IS loving AWESOME. I LOVE EVERYONE HERE AND EVERYWHERE. THE ASTROS WON A loving WORLD SERIES HOLY MOTHERFUCKING poo poo.

• Locked thread