Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

does the music change when you become yoshi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Internet Kraken posted:

For those struggling with the Broodal boss rush, know that Topper is the only one that is actually difficult. All the other fights are still incredibly easy. The only other thing that tripped me up was Rango bouncing at me so quickly, but you can evade him by just walking in a circle.

So if you can get the Topper fight down you should be able to clear it, and he's the first fight so its easy to practice against him. Also apparently you can leave and grab the max heart hidden on a vegetable outside without the fights resetting. so you can beat Topper, get the max heart to restore any damage, and then do the rest of the bosses.

Rango can also be deflected by hitting him with Cappy, and he seems to come right back at you in the same direction so you can pretty much deflect him indefinitely until his invincible phase ends.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

If you just jump on Rango as he's hopping around the phase ends immediately.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Got to the credits this game is loving awesome.

And holy poo poo post game feature spoiler I thought it was a sound test at first, but you can leave the menu and the music still plays this owns

Kaewan
May 29, 2008
I just got jump rope, volleyball and a few purp coins left. Gonna put that off for a while.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
So is there even a point of trying to find as many moons in each kingdom before the post game stuff unlocks? I feel like if there is more poo poo to find in each level, it might be best to go back later.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Electric Phantasm posted:

And holy poo poo post game feature spoiler I thought it was a sound test at first, but you can leave the menu and the music still plays this owns
There are moons for it. Not even joking - there's a few Toads with headphones on and music notes coming out who ask to hear specific songs, I've found one in New Donk and one in Forest

Annath posted:

Does any Wedding Amiibo give you the wedding set, or do you need to scan Mario, Peach, and Bowser to get it?
I can confirm Bowser gave me Bowser's set, I think each gives you their respective set, and also you can buy them postgame.

e: there are some purple coins stumping me in Seaside. They're visible through a crack and right by the hot springs? But like, inside the rock. I can't find a way in.
e2: for posterity, I was missing a tunnel below it, in case anyone is as dumb as me

DACK FAYDEN fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Nov 2, 2017

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

a.lo posted:

does the music change when you become yoshi

I don't believe so.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

s.i.r.e. posted:

I don't believe so.

gently caress that

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

a.lo posted:

gently caress that

I'll double check right now.

edit: Nope.

sigher fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Nov 2, 2017

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

hell yeah

https://twitter.com/BonzoESC/status/925920067522527232

(bigger vid)

https://i.bf1c.us/power-moons.mp4

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Lunatic Sledge posted:

The jump rope was bad, I found volleyball to be way, way worse

Once you break 50 jumps the only real secret is doing small jumps and getting a rhythm. Alternatively, if you can slide a moped in there and get the jumps started successfully, it has more bounce and less downtime on medium to big sized jumps. I think I cracked 70 with the moped, my roommate made the 100 without it after shaking his head at me.

My jump roping might have been less successful but it was way more rad

Volleyball is actually really easy; Stand in the center and flick Cappy at the ball.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I had a genuine moron moment tonight after running into a bunch of groups of purple coins that were just out of reach of the platform I was on in New Donk City. On three different occasions I jumped and died 3 times to get all of them. The third time I started to get annoyed and thought "this is stupid design, they should just give Mario something he can throw to get these coins, like a boomerang"

In my defense I have a really bad cold and I'm tired.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

i'm up to 525 moons, this game owns

i did the loops races in the mermaid kingdom (lake?) and checked the leaderboards afterwards. apparently it can be done in under 20 seconds?? uhhh yeah ok (wtf)

SirBukkake
Aug 24, 2006
Idk some black dude
I'm just a mean green mother from outer space and I'm bad

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

SirBukkake posted:

Aren't Piranha Plants basically a ripoff of Audrey from LSoH? Or was it one of those coincidental things, since who in Japan would know about a 60s-era play?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

SirBukkake posted:

Wait, what? I thought you could only make them choke on Cappy :stare:.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Have them snack on something else first.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I'm disappointed all these sphinx moons just involve spotting him and answering no questions. I like that guy, I want to chat with him more.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
https://my.mixtape.moe/cdurtz.mp4

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Motto posted:

Have them snack on something else first.

Keep in mind that this doesn't work on the big ones. They'll eat Cappy anyway.

Oh and the Fire Piranha Plants also count as a separate entry in the Capture list.

Lets Pickle
Jul 9, 2007

For anyone else having trouble with the bullshit that is Picture Match :

Just stick post-its or something similar to your screen to line up your parts

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

Or just take screenshots to compare your work. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
The single biggest thing that'll gently caress your score is the eyes. Make sure you have them on the right sides.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I'm Moon Crazed, I see moons in my dreams, I see moons in the sky, I want more moons

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

argh. where on dark side is this bonus heart piece? so close to being done with the boss rush but only 1 hit left in it and im stressin'

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Got to 88 on the jump rope. I really don't want to sit there for two hours just to get that drat moon. BUT I'M GOING TO.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Lets Pickle posted:

For anyone else having trouble with the bullshit that is Picture Match :

Just stick post-its or something similar to your screen to line up your parts

It's the harder ones where everything disappears that I can't do :negative:

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Frankston posted:

It's the harder ones where everything disappears that I can't do :negative:

I've only encountered one so far, and the pieces disappeared. You're saying there's more, and that I missed them? This is shameful.

Lets Pickle
Jul 9, 2007

I think what amazes me most about Mario Odyssey is that the core mechanics are so good that despite the huge amount of content I feel like there is room for even more captures and more kingdoms. There were some annoying moons that repeat themselves:

Picture Match
Dog
Trace Walking
Gardening
Sheep Herding

but I can forgive all of it easily because of how goddamn fun and creative the other 95% of the game is. Some of my favorites:

Most satisfying capture: The hammer bro who throws pans/Tropical Wiggler
Most useful capture: Pokio/Uproot
Best capture controls: Meat
Creepiest capture: RC car guy
Most underused capture: Charging Chuck
Favorite overall capture: Pokio

Best level palette: Luncheon Kingdom
best level music: Lost Kingdom
most creative level: Metro Kingdom, holy poo poo. Honorable mention to Bowser's Kingdom
most confusing level to navigate: Wooded Kingdom

Best Boss fight: The one where you punch a guy in the face with his own hands
Most annoying boss fight: Dark Side Topper can eat a dick.

Hardest Moon: I guess the Darker Side, but none of them were THAT hard.
Moon I never would have found without a guide: All of the ones where you look into the sky with the robot binoculars
Most nostalgic moon: The one where you look at the light inside Peach's castle, and the one where you go down the secret pipe playing Mario Bros. 1-1 on the movie screen
I can't believe they made me do that: Walk to the far end of the sand kingdom for hint art, get 100 in volleyball, cross the timed p-switch roadway without a motor scooter

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Meridian posted:

I've only encountered one so far, and the pieces disappeared. You're saying there's more, and that I missed them? This is shameful.

Well I've only come across one goomba also but I assume there are more elsewhere

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)
I was stuck around 65 at jump rope for a while until I played in handheld mode to eliminate input lag and immediately got to 210

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Kurtofan posted:

I'm Moon Crazed, I see moons in my dreams, I see moons in the sky, I want more moons

You're a lunatic

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Inescapable Duck posted:

You're a lunatic

I see what you did there

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Is it just me, or is the Push-block Peril challenge room in Cap Kingdom one of the harder ones in the game? I'm sure there are more difficult ones but I had an unreasonable amount of difficulty with it (mainly the top section). I beat it last night, and found the 2nd moon in it, but considering it's sort of early game it just seemed really tricky. Maybe I just haven't hit the harder ones in other worlds (the one with rotating blocks in, I think, Luncheon Kingdom, had me stuck for a while too).

I got all the moons and coins in Cap Kingdom last night, I had to look up a couple of each (I missed all the coins in Top Hat Tower somehow, and the Hint Art moon really messed me up - I didn't realise that you had to go to a different Kingdom for it :doh:) I moved onto Cascade, found a few Moons and coins completely accidentally while just messing around trying to jump onto platforms. Also I seriously don't understand how I missed the T-rex my first time through. :psyduck:

irlZaphod fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Nov 2, 2017

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Nina posted:

I was stuck around 65 at jump rope for a while until I played in handheld mode to eliminate input lag and immediately got to 210

wow i just tried this and yep, definitely easier

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I turned Mario into a Jojo.

• Locked thread