Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Didn't Puig say the Astros had no chance in Game 7?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

fast cars loose anus posted:

You can poo poo on Giles and Reddick and whoever else all you want but they were part of getting us here in the first place so gently caress it

CHAMPIONS

My motley crew of losers, beefy lads, and washed up old men who can do no wrong (except Yuli) :toot:

Speaking of beefy lads, everyone should watch the Astros Instagram story for some primo McCann celebrations.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Kirios posted:

Didn't Puig say the Astros had no chance in Game 7?

Jansen, but yeah.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

GobiasIndustries posted:

I feel really, really bad for Darvish :( Giving up 9 runs in 2 starts for 3 1/3 total innings and knowing that it was (almost) entirely your fault has to suck beyond belief.

:same: Hopefully he has another chance at a ring someday.

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller
The Houston Astros not only won a game in the World Series, but won the whole drat thing. Congrats Stros bros!!!

Very happy for Verlander to get his due, he earned his keep throughout his career and he deserves it.

Also lol Tyler Clippard finally hit the random trade lottery

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

CubsWoo posted:

ESPN's inexplicable 2018 power rankings as of 10 minutes ago:

29. Royals
30. Tigers

Oh hell yes! Royals not the worst in the division!

I don't know if anyone other than Braves or Royals fans care but apparently the Royals blocked Dayton Moore from interviewing for Atlanta's GM job a few days ago. Which, if I'm Dayton I'm probably pretty annoyed by, Atlanta seems like an easier rebuild right now than the Royals do.

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller

Grittybeard posted:

I don't know if anyone other than Braves or Royals fans care but apparently the Royals blocked Dayton Moore from interviewing for Atlanta's GM job a few days ago. Which, if I'm Dayton I'm probably pretty annoyed by, Atlanta seems like an easier rebuild right now than the Royals do.

I love how lovely the AL Central is that its 2nd best team is 19th in the overall rankings.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Can any Cubs fans tell me if the World Series blu ray is worth buying? I assume the cheap one is just highlights and the eventual multi-disc set has full games?

MerklesBoner
Apr 5, 2003

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Can any Cubs fans tell me if the World Series blu ray is worth buying? I assume the cheap one is just highlights and the eventual multi-disc set has full games?

Hold out for the multi-disc set. You'd get all seven of the WS games, and probably game 7 of the ALCS to round it out. You also get your local broadcast guys as alternate audio options. It's rad as hell.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

MerklesBoner posted:

Hold out for the multi-disc set. You'd get all seven of the WS games, and probably game 7 of the ALCS to round it out. You also get your local broadcast guys as alternate audio options. It's rad as hell.

Excellent.

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
I'm glad reddick got a ring and had a good season aside from being total poo poo in October. I wish he could've gotten a cool world series moment, maybe someday after the A's rattle off their 2018-20 threepeat

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.
Very cool of the Astros to win a championship after 29 years of fandom. I’ll likely be moving west within the year to become an adopted Padres fan so maybe I can bear witness to another tank-and-rebirth

First step for the Padres is to go back to brown and yellow full time

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

The Astros need to rip up Altuve's contract and sign him to a long term 25 million dollar a year deal. I don't want to see him in another uniform.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Kirios posted:

The Astros need to rip up Altuve's contract and sign him to a long term 25 million dollar a year deal. I don't want to see him in another uniform.

This is how it begins. The next thing you know, the window is slammed shut by some team that's both young and rich and you're left saying, "it sure was nice Altuve retired an Astros."

In more immediate matters, I wish they'd clean up the floor of the Astrodome and hold the celebration in there. At the very least, give us a photo of the trophy under the ceiling.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dT0gux7BYwc

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
wheres th pie

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

bump_fn posted:

wheres th pie

banana/ham hollandaise first, IMO

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Ever since I was a kid I was a closeted Astros fan because I loved the orange 80s throwback hats. Closeted because I'm a Reds fan through and through, so I couldn't really root for another division team.

Now it's too late to get one of those orange caps because it'll make me a bandwagon lookin rear end fuckboi. :(

It could always just be (really) bad innings or cumulative wear of course, but what if Yu done hosed his elbow up or something and never said anything to anyone?

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

Just realized that the AL West now has a majority of teams that have won the World Series for the first time since the 1994 realignment. It had gotten to 50% when the Anaheim Angels won in 2002, but dropped back down to 40% when the Astros moved.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Sydin posted:

Less bad luck and more that he has been, historically, very bad in the first inning. Here are his career splits by inning:

So what you're saying is he's a perfect fit for the Cubs

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I am happy for Intruder.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

Big Mean Jerk posted:

The cheaper one is a documentary with a bunch of player interviews and locker room/team footage between games and will probably also include other season highlights and parts of the city parade/rally. I really liked the Cubs one because you also got a code for a digital download of the main feature.

The multi-disc will likely be 8 blu-rays and give you all 7 games of the WS and probably Game 7 of the ALCS. I enjoy my set but you're probably never going to watch the 3 games they lost, and the radio sync will have a good chunk of the in-between advertising stripped out if they're not contractually obligated to run it so you can sometimes run into big gaps in the audio that will feel weird to you if you spent most of the season listening to the radio calls.

I got both! You should probably get both too.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Harlock posted:

I am happy for Intruder.

Quoting this before you see his self-inflicted food toxxes.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Kirios posted:

They need to lock up that entire infield.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

CubsWoo posted:

29. Royals

its like being back home again after a long vacation

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Indians 162-0 begins now.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Bigass Moth posted:

Indians 162-0 begins now.

And then 0-3 in the postseason

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
Team records, November baseball:

Cubs (2-0)
Royals (1-0)
Giants (1-0)
Diamondbacks (2-1)
Yankees (3-3)
Phillies (1-2)
Rangers (0-1)
Mets (0-1)
Indians (0-2)

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Intruder eat the tuna

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Charlie Morton is the reason the Astros won.....

And their tanking 4 years.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Nov 2, 2017

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

http://www.lerctr.org/%7Etransit/healy/astros.wav

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
I'm here for the warm bananas and :hampants:

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Let Intruder bask in the glory for a week or so before forcing him to forever associate it with his own culinary permadeath

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
i for one am tentatively hopeful that banane a la astro will be a fine and tasty dish. surely no one would put anything disgusting in cold war era housewife magazines.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
The food toxx needs to be done GWS iron chef style with lots of preparation pics and topped off with a video of the actual consumption of it.

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

AM I TOO LATE

DID I MISS THE BANANA AND TUNA EATING

edit: I see I did not. Please proceed, Intruder.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Why do teams ever give opt out clauses. It's literally impossible for them to work out in the team's favor...

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

mcmagic posted:

Why do teams ever give opt out clauses. It's literally impossible for them to work out in the team's favor...

It works out in the team's favor by having that player on their team for the years that they are under contract before the opt out.

BasicFunk
Feb 26, 2011

How's your Funkentelechy?

Grittybeard posted:

Might not be such a bad thing for him since MLB is probably about to deal the Braves a giant bag of poo poo for whatever John Coppolella did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

mcmagic posted:

It's entirely a benefit for the player. The agents request one, and if he gets it, it's a good thing. No team thinks they are "good" for the team. Teams may hand them out as an incentive to get a player for at least a few years, though! But it's a total player advantage to have one.

• Locked thread