Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I think Sal's town. Scum would have someone advising them to do something productive, find a way to turn the heat or look more town. Sal's being thoroughly useless at scumhunting, but that doesn't mean he's scum, I'm useless most of the time, too!

Now that things are taking shape a little more, yeah, not only have I turned around on my feelings about Juchero, I agree with him.

##vote NevergirlsOFFICIAL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Dancer posted:

I get that this is making me suspect because I'm "his scumbud showing up and gettting on the Nevergirls train" but I feel this is worth pointing out... Is Sal really the *most* suspect? We have potential fairly suspect people:

Nevergirls
Chic Trombone (weirdly against Jon Joe for little apparent reason)
Juchero (weird cop behaviour, thogh he has made some salient contributions since).

Positions may differ, but I would argue that from any perspective at least one of those three is comparatively more suspect than Sal. My suspicion is on Nevergirls (and, personally, I find Juchero *less* suspect than Sal). You argue that a Sal flip gives us a lot information, which may be true. But if we lynch another townie today, we will (presumably) be dangerously close to scum guaranteed victory. I'd rather aim for a more likely immediate scum flip than a flip that gives info for a future we may not live to see.

I generally argue to minimise downside risk in mafia.

I feel the case on Nevergirls is reasonable and I'd move my vote ahead of deadline.

With that being said, even though you presciently mentioned being scumbud, I haven't forgotten our earlier interaction where you basically named me as someone who was nothingposting and then immediately climbed back when challenged even a bit.

I'm not certain but I have my eye on you.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

At work, leaning Nevergirls, will post more later.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

OK I guess this is happening so let me ask this: if you were me, and you were town about to get lynched - what should I do between now and deadline to ensure my death is not in vain? What will bring most value to town?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

NevergirlsOFFICIAL posted:

OK I guess this is happening so let me ask this: if you were me, and you were town about to get lynched - what should I do between now and deadline to ensure my death is not in vain? What will bring most value to town?
Make cases. Give opinions. Tell the thread who I think is scum so that when I flip, they can look at my ideas and opinions, and know that they can trust that my perspective was genuine. Then they can use it to inform their own opinions, and help them try to figure out who the scum are.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
im pretty sure chic trombone is scum.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
ugh im just not entirely sold on either sal or nevergirls as scum. what am i missing

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
yeah if i'm wrong on nevergirls(which i'm p.sure i'm not) then the flip will be both depressing and informative

depressing because we're getting pretty close to a scum win, and informative due to the sheer amount of discussion on the lynch

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

I am standing by my "look at lurkers first" strategy and the worst offenders at this time are chic trombone and dancer.

Chic Trombone:
d1
bandwagon vote on hal

d2
opening with excuses/irl reasons why they can't play but also specifying they're not asking for replacement
said juchero feels fishy and then not mentioned again (interested in hearing how you feel about them now btw)
voted for jonjoe for white noise posting - ok
said sees sal as scum - but no vote/mention again
is (as of yesterday) "re-evaluating" the jon joe case

basically useless

Dancer:
d1
nothing basically

d2
says they're lurking bc didn't take part in jokephase. the posts in d2 do have more content. Voted juchero, also suspects me and chic trombone.

I am confident that one of these is scum and I'd go with chic first

##vote chic trombone

If I die tonight enjoy knowing that my opinions and bad cases are at least sincere!

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Juchero posted:

yeah if i'm wrong on nevergirls(which i'm p.sure i'm not) then the flip will be both depressing and informative

depressing because we're getting pretty close to a scum win, and informative due to the sheer amount of discussion on the lynch

I'd urge everyone to spend the last few hours of d2 looking at some other people (See my suggestion above) even if you are 100% sure I'm scum you know there's more than one so take a gander. Assume for a moment I'm town and with that assumption in mind who would you think is scum? Spell that out then revisit after my flipflop.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Dancer
[...]
Voted juchero

For whatever it's worth, this is not really "true". I never bothered unvoting but I will absolutely vote for someone else before the day is over.

##unvote

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Dancer posted:

For whatever it's worth, this is not really "true". I never bothered unvoting but I will absolutely vote for someone else before the day is over.

##unvote

who are you thinking? Myself, chic?

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Of the 4 suspects I mentioned in my prev post, yeah the order is you, Chic, Sal, Juchero.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Mafia edit: and I'm not saying those 4 are the only suspect people in the game, just that I need time and effort to assess exactly what I think about them, and since they won't get voted today anyway I'm procrastinating on that.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Mafia edit again, sorry, can't accurately form sentences today.

Dancer posted:

Mafia edit: and I'm not saying those 4 are the only suspect people in the game, just that I need time and effort to assess exactly what I think about the other people in the game, and since they (i.e. the other people) won't get voted today anyway I'm procrastinating on that.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Q for the group if I’m town and get lunched who would you suspect in d3

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
I will not be present for the rest of the mafia day, or move my vote from Sal.

Peace.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
i'm gonna be pretty busy too, but if I can ill put out my case on my #2 scum pick before deadline

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Yeah I'm out drinking after work tonight so if I do post I'll probably be quite out of it.

I'm going to stick with Sal, but I'll at least try to keep an eye out and hammer if it's needed.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Sal, what are your thoughts on chic trombone?

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Not that I’m eager to die but I don’t think all the votes on me are counting

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

b-minus1 posted:

Sal, what are your thoughts on chic trombone?

I don't feel like chic trombone has posted enough for me to figure out one way or the other. I'm leaning town though but I'm only 70% sure. I liked Chics points about Jucheros weird declaration of cop as well as their good analysis of Jon Joe. But that's where I am right now.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
can someone point me to these votes that aren't counting

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
She hasn't posted much at all, which is one reason why I am suspicious. She's really only provided one read of her own, that jj is suspicious. everything else is in agreement with others.

##vote chic trombone

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

There's one on page 8, I think.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I don't see any

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

:shrug:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I've had a few people mention it now, but reading things over I don't see any. If anyone can point me to an actual vote that didn't count please let me know

Dancer
May 23, 2011
It's time for me to go to boardgames so I'mma vote before I forget.

I trust Juchero more than I did before, hell I even trust Sal more than I did before, and Nevergirls was way too eager to get the pitchforks out for Sal. My second choice would be Chic, but in my view Chic has never acted in a way where an assumption of good faith is as hard as it is with this act:

gently caress waiting till tomorrow. Sal is scum.
No argument presented, just trying to start a bandwagon.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Kashuno posted:

I don't see any

Looks like Juchero didn't really vote for me because he only used one #

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Dancer posted:

It's time for me to go to boardgames so I'mma vote before I forget.

I trust Juchero more than I did before, hell I even trust Sal more than I did before, and Nevergirls was way too eager to get the pitchforks out for Sal. My second choice would be Chic, but in my view Chic has never acted in a way where an assumption of good faith is as hard as it is with this act:

No argument presented, just trying to start a bandwagon.

remember this post tomorrow

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Where is everyone!!

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Looks like Juchero didn't really vote for me because he only used one #

whooops thanks i forgot my formatting i'm dum

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
i'll have my asiina case up before deadline hopefully, so stay tuned~

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
here's my case:

asiina loving post something more than two lines long so i have something to analyze!

but, with my previous assessment regarding how town low effort posting is more passive and votes less compared to scum low effort posting, it does look like it fits the former rather than the latter

more importantly than the actual posts though, are the timings of those posts. they feel less natural and more compelled by pressure on others, and even her response to Li's minor bit of casing felt artificial somehow

still not enough to dethrone my #1 pick but it's something to look at. probably not even a top 3 anymore.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Lynch all lurkers.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
we're going to lose this game because the scum have remained in the shadows while the townies tunnel one another

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

b-minus1 posted:

we're going to lose this game because the scum have remained in the shadows while the townies tunnel one another

honestly it feels like only three people are putting in any effort this game and it's frustrating

regardless, i still don't think a lurker lynch is the right choice

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
I disagree. At this point, it is anti-town to lurk. I know you are standing firm in your nevergirls case, but i would advise everyone to consider chic trombone. Not only for lurking, but lack of content with the few posts they've made.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

b-minus1 posted:

I disagree. At this point, it is anti-town to lurk. I know you are standing firm in your nevergirls case, but i would advise everyone to consider chic trombone. Not only for lurking, but lack of content with the few posts they've made.

it's deffo anti-town, but at the same time some people just get bored as a VT and don't put the effort in

it's hard to determine whether lurking is scummy or not, because it's something both sides are equally capable of, albeit benefiting scum more than town

• Locked thread