Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

My...my.... masculinity :cry:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Oh God and one of the replies is just pure anti-Semitism.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

if you think PG WWE is some kind of SJW conspiracy to ruin wrestling you're being willfully stupid.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
So is the forum normally that loving regressive or what

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Maxwell Lord posted:

So is the forum normally that loving regressive or what

Yes. I peek in from time to time to see what kind of terrible posts I can find there. There are a lot. The one I quoted though stuck out because the guy who made it is an unironic Jinder Mahal fan. In every way.

The posters there are incredibly lovely and full of bad opinions, including directing unwarranted hatred towards WWE.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I will grant the guy that sub Ellsworth is really jarring as a gimmick in 2017 PG WWE though.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I will grant the guy that sub Ellsworth is really jarring as a gimmick in 2017 PG WWE though.

Hey, if it leads to Becky disdainfully spraying him with a water bottle it can't be that bad.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I'm gonna hazard a guess that James Ellsworth is a dog because Vince and Road Dogg think it's funny, not because of any feminist agenda.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Also Road Dogg is a leather pup.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Vince McMahon

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

yeah attitude era never had dominatrix gimmicks

*glancing at shaniqua and meat*

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

noted SJW Vince McMahon, who gave us "The African Dream" Akeem

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Kinda funny. "If this were reversed, it would NOT be considered acceptable, when of course it is."

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

MassRafTer posted:

People love to tell Dave that Wrestlemania is a bigger event worldwide than the World Series

https://twitter.com/SPanasiuk/status/925842664699805696

Kind of interesting that the places he's completely forgetting about when he says nobody outside the US cares about baseball (Latin America, Japan, Canada) are the places with the strongest pro wrestling traditions outside the US

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's true that if a country doesn't have an established Baseball fanbase already, like the US, Japan etc, no one cares about it even slightly though.

There's absolutely no chance that the MLB could try to make a base in the UK for example like the NFL has done, to limited success.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...

Josuke Higashikata posted:

It's true that if a country doesn't have an established Baseball fanbase already, like the US, Japan etc, no one cares about it even slightly though.

There's absolutely no chance that the MLB could try to make a base in the UK for example like the NFL has done, to limited success.

No poo poo and that isn’t the point.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Cricket fans would show up to US style baseball games in the UK just to jeer the players.

I dunno, it might work. Just not as intended.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

As opposed to WWE's vast success breaking into new territories, such as the noted trillions they're raking in from Jinder's India

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Marquis de Pyro posted:

As opposed to WWE's vast success breaking into new territories, such as the noted trillions they're raking in from Jinder's India

Any success would put them ahead, so yeh, kinda

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

I think they'd have exactly the same success the NFL is having, since the London NFL games mostly draw American expats living in Europe.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Defiance Industries posted:

I think they'd have exactly the same success the NFL is having, since the London NFL games mostly draw American expats living in Europe.

This isn't really true, I know tons of people who go to NFL games when they're here and none of them are American expats. It's a special event attraction kind of thing. Whether the same people would turn out for a full season's worth of games is a different question.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Heck, when I was in Cambridge back in 2001, I told some guy I was from Kansas City and he was like "Oh, like the Kansas City Chiefs". The Chiefs weren't even good that year.

(I wonder if it helps at all that US football is structurally similar to rugby.)

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

Corrode posted:

This isn't really true, I know tons of people who go to NFL games when they're here and none of them are American expats. It's a special event attraction kind of thing. Whether the same people would turn out for a full season's worth of games is a different question.

I know loads of people who travel from Dublin to go watch american football and Have Opinions about it. gently caress knows why.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Von Linus posted:

I know loads of people who travel from Dublin to go watch american football and Have Opinions about it. gently caress knows why.

because they like the sport, brent

Son of Man
Jan 29, 2003

by Azathoth
I must admit I'm surprised baseball would be as successful as wrestling to a completely new audience. If not for tradition and momentum I don't think Americans would watch baseball

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Son of Man posted:

I must admit I'm surprised baseball would be as successful as wrestling to a completely new audience. If not for tradition and momentum I don't think Americans would watch baseball

I'm surprised anyone likes wrestling.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

MassRafTer posted:

I'm surprised anyone likes wrestling.

It's really good.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Son of Man posted:

The last two World Series were both better stories than most anything WWE has written in the last 15 years

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

St Evan Echoes posted:

The last two World Series were both better stories than most anything WWE has written in the last 15 years

I can't imagine WWE committing to a 100+ year build

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The perennial loser vs. the racist is a WWE story.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Aphrodite posted:

The perennial loser vs. the racist is a WWE story.

And like in WWE, racism was proven to be cool and good and heroic.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

rare Magic card l00k posted:

And like in WWE, racism was proven to be cool and good and heroic.

Also handsome and erudite.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Racism was always good.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
https://twitter.com/piersmorgan/status/927995249624059904

Graves retired due to concussions.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Piers Morgan... being an insufferable twat...

whoa

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Does Piers have a deathwish? He's gone from attacking women to dudes that will not give a gently caress if he bleeds to death under their fists.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

https://twitter.com/isalrightnow/status/927538984275849216

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

coconono posted:

Does Piers have a deathwish? He's gone from attacking women to dudes that will not give a gently caress if he bleeds to death under their fists.

Piers Morgan is a man who was a shoot oval office who decided to use it as a work and forgot that everyone else will always remember it's a shoot.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Remember when they'd bring Heath Slater out specifically to job to respected wrestling veterans?

That is Piers Morgan's entire life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012
Please use the correct Private Eye autocorrect endorsed spelling of Piers "Morgan" Moron's name.