Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will be your champions come Sunday Morning?
This poll is closed.
Bisping/Garbrandt/Jdrzejczyk 51 29.82%
Bisping/Garbrandt/Namajunas 8 4.68%
Bisping/Dillishaw/Jdrzejczyk 16 9.36%
Bisping/Dillishaw/Namajunas 3 1.75%
St. Pierre/Dillishaw/Namajunas 12 7.02%
St. Pierre/Garbrandt/Jdrzejczyk 62 36.26%
St. Pierre/Garbrandt/Namajunas 6 3.51%
St. Pierre/Dillishaw/Jdrzejczyk 13 7.60%
Total: 171 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
if this was ten years ago, id pick gsp confidently

even right after splitting with hendricks, id pick him

unless bisping blows him out by being better prepared and just too big and powerful, gsp is going to find a way to win some rounds, i think. Dont really see GSP having a conditioning advantage and that was one of the things that diminished his dominance at ww, when his conditioning was a little less. Bisping seems to punch better nowadays. I'm not sure if gsp can jab away with impunity like he might have been able to at his peak speed. wouldn't be surprised to see either guy narrowly outstrike the other for 5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Bundt Cake posted:

if this was ten years ago, id pick gsp confidently

even right after splitting with hendricks, id pick him

unless bisping blows him out by being better prepared and just too big and powerful, gsp is going to find a way to win some rounds, i think. Dont really see GSP having a conditioning advantage and that was one of the things that diminished his dominance at ww, when his conditioning was a little less. Bisping seems to punch better nowadays. I'm not sure if gsp can jab away with impunity like he might have been able to at his peak speed. wouldn't be surprised to see either guy narrowly outstrike the other for 5

Bisping is craftier on the feet and will easily win, unless GSP figured out how to do more than jab at range. He's not going to have the reach to be able to force Bisping to the outside, and he's probably not going to have an easy time taking him down if he can even manage it.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
GSP read the new rules about cumming and practiced his "I try vary ard to finish im" speech Travis Bickle style for 6 months in lieu of a training camp

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

GSP got mind hosed by the heavy hands of the four foot tall anthropomorphic turtle, Matt Serra.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cYYMlDrCkA

yeah, i dont even know who that is

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Okay okay okay

I finally watched Joanna’s open workout

She produces more power than anyone I’ve ever seen close to her size except maybe for Bruce loving Lee and she seems to be getting better. She’s special. I love Rose to death and hope I’m wrong but that fight is going to be brutal.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
lol

mewse
May 2, 2006

Joannowns

Cyber Dog
Feb 22, 2008

I'm feeling the Rose upset.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Kilometers Davis posted:

Okay okay okay

She produces more power than anyone I’ve ever seen close to her size except maybe for Bruce loving Lee and she seems to be getting better. She’s special. I love Rose to death and hope I’m wrong but that fight is going to be brutal.

Her moving to ATT seems to have really upped her game compared to being at a much smaller gym back in Poland.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I hope Bisping wins a close decision victory because I cannot get enough salty tears.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

1st AD posted:

Bisping is craftier on the feet and will easily win, unless GSP figured out how to do more than jab at range. He's not going to have the reach to be able to force Bisping to the outside, and he's probably not going to have an easy time taking him down if he can even manage it.

GSP actually had more stand up than just jab until he lost to Matt Serra. He use to really use his kickboxing and karate strikes. Lots of kicks and even punches other than the jab. After the Serra loss he basically became ultra secure and just grinded out wins.

Bisping has gotten better every year since GSP has gone so ya if GSP can't lay n pray him it should be a solid Bisping victory maybe a TKO.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Joanna has shown some weakness on the ground in the past, and Rose loves to jump on that RNC. I don't know if its a live enough bet, but I might go for it.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Trast posted:

Her moving to ATT seems to have really upped her game compared to being at a much smaller gym back in Poland.

Someone or some combo of people there definitely figured out how to tighten up her entire skill set. I haven’t watched the embedded but I’m sure there’s good stuff in those. As far as I can tell she’s as good mentally as she is physically so a loss wouldn’t likely see her Rondaing but rather coming back 10x more focused.

I’m glad the general mma fans are catching on and talking about her more. Where she lacks in her English and typical charisma she comes through being scary as poo poo.

If she’s going to drop one to anyone though Rose is my #1 preference tbh

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Le Saboteur posted:

Joanna has shown some weakness on the ground in the past, and Rose loves to jump on that RNC. I don't know if its a live enough bet, but I might go for it.

She's been taken down by an excellent well-rounded fighter in Gadelha who is huge and strong and is a good wrestler and good grappler and hits hard for the division.

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice
Interviewer: "Michael said on his podcast that you look fat Georges ..."

Bisping (interjecting): "Actually I said he looks like he's been impregnated by aliens."

Georges: (smiles awkwardly)

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.
Is anyone else waiting with bated breath to see if Johny can fail to make 185 again?

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

El Roncho posted:

Is anyone else waiting with bated breath to see if Johny can fail to make 185 again?

making weight is hord

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

El Roncho posted:

I feel the most intense second hand miserable embarrassing sadness every time and I’m ready for the 50th time

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Man, Joanna pushed her fist into Rose's face during the face off and she barely reacted.

mewse
May 2, 2006

InfiniteZero posted:

Interviewer: "Michael said on his podcast that you look fat Georges ..."

Bisping (interjecting): "Actually I said he looks like he's been impregnated by aliens."

Georges: (smiles awkwardly)

You've gotta be a Diaz level troll to get GSP to flip out

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Le Saboteur posted:

Man, Joanna pushed her fist into Rose's face during the face off and she barely reacted.

JEsus christ her face produces more power than anyone I've ever seen except for maybe Keith loving Jardine

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Triticum Guzzler posted:

JEsus christ her face produces more power than anyone I've ever seen except for maybe Keith loving Jardine

lol

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I swear if Bisping weren't the biggest rear end in a top hat on Earth, GSP would come off like a giant villain.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

1st AD posted:

I agree gsp will have a hard time taking him down, but unless by crafty on the feet you mean he eye pokes and throws illegal knees im not sure i agree

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
cody said tj is the one who taught everyone on team alpha male how to do steroids lmao

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Skip My Posts posted:

cody said tj is the one who taught everyone on team alpha male how to do steroids lmao

They did start winning belts... checks out.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
New embedded: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=od156ozo-10

paging Lobster...

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Triticum Guzzler posted:

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Le Saboteur posted:

sounds like how im expecting the fight to go

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

I.N.R.I posted:

sounds like how im expecting the fight to go

lol

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

Triticum Guzzler posted:

They are both beautiful, gorgeous aliens.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Listen I was the first person here to like rose I like her more than anyone and would fight and die for her honor. But Joanna is approaching the power level of kato

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Yeah I kind of just want to see her maul another mediocre wrestle-boxer journeyman

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Cody's eyebrows will win our hearts on Saturday night

edit: We've seen GSP's dick in every inbedded

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

https://twitter.com/MMAFighting/status/926197283493941254

mewse
May 2, 2006

RIP Xyience

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I found a stash of long expired cans of Xyience covered in UFC logos at a local Walmart last year. I was transported instantly back to 2009.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

Kilometers Davis posted:

Okay okay okay

Hey So you know she’s had like 20 fights and never hurt anyone during any of them. Just btw

• Locked thread