Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
Hey Astros/Texans fans, do NOT check the NFL thread right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

TheChirurgeon posted:

Yeah of that list, only Gregerson and Maybin are real keep discussions, and even then only at the right price. Good place to be!

I wouldn't mind it if the Astros looked to add another starting pitcher, either. Keuchel/McCullers weren't particularly trustworthy this postseason.

Wouldn't hurt my feelings any and then you could keep using Peacock or McHugh as long relief. I really think if the 2018 season began tomorrow, the rotation would be Keuchel/Verlander/McCullers/Morton/Peacock. That's a drat good place to be, and maybe you shop around for another #4 or #5 starter at a moderate price.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

TheChirurgeon posted:

I just traded Carr away in fantasy because Watson was going to be my every week starter for the rest of the year lol

Also as much as I like Gattis he's not good enough to be locked in as your every day type DH

spaced ninja
Apr 10, 2009

Toilet Rascal

TheChirurgeon posted:

Ahhhhh and there is it. All seems right in the world again.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Well, Houston had a nice 16 hours.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Still pretty nice TBH

And if you're going to lose Watson for the year, might as well be the year where JJ and Mercilus have already been lost

spaced ninja
Apr 10, 2009

Toilet Rascal

Intruder posted:

Still pretty nice TBH

And if you're going to lose Watson for the year, might as well be the year where JJ and Mercilus have already been lost

Yeah, it sucks but doesn't hurt as bad as it could. I kinda wrote this season off as a learning year for him anyway despite how well he had been playing so far.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Like seriously this barely registers compared to a world series.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Imagine if Watson had torn his ACL and the Astros had lost last night

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Then yeah I'd be drinking for an entirely different reason on Friday. But as it is I'm buying a bottle of champagne tonight.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

While it sucks about Watson, I really don't care. Texans wasn't going to do anything this year with that atrocious defense.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

MrMidnight posted:

While it sucks about Watson, I really don't care. Texans wasn't going to do anything this year with that atrocious defense.

:same:

I'm already having baseball withdrawals.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I loved the reporter who asked Springer about the SI cover because she prefaced her question by saying there were questions about whether Springer would be on the WS roster because of his poor ALCS :laffo:

Verisimillipede
Jul 17, 2006

Why the gently caress is the parade at 2 PM when everyone is at work?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Verisimillipede posted:

Why the gently caress is the parade at 2 PM when everyone is at work?

Friday is an unofficial holiday, every downtown office is going to be a ghost town

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

My workplace sent an email saying tomorrow is a half day. The Astros just keeps on giving.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I was kind of hoping the Astros would sign Darvish somehow prior to game 3 but I doubt he wants to be teammates with Yuli so welp

Might not even need him though, Morton has been a revelation

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Friday is an unofficial holiday, every downtown office is going to be a ghost town

Corporate Service Industry is the worst industry. We are most definitely not closed and most definitely busy as gently caress. I need a gig in-house.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I honestly don't believe the Astros win this, or even reach the WS, without Charlie Morton which is amazing to think about

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Kirios posted:

gently caress yeah I love your avatars I rocked the Keenum one forever.

Edit: Nope I change my mind I want an Altuve getting all the hits.

DONE!

My goal is one per night, give or take, so think of that as the target wait time.

Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

THE BANK IS OPEN
That is amazing :3:

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

TheChirurgeon posted:

DONE!

My goal is one per night, give or take, so think of that as the target wait time.

:perfect:

I can't wait to see all of these lined up in a GDT

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.
Im super excited for my Charlie Morton av.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Chir you don't have to make me an av tbh but if you do please put the tuna pie and the bananas somewhere in it

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

For some reason I can't find the link to Sparks' drunken clubhouse interviews from yesterday. Does anyone have it?

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Awesome!

What should I put underneath? Or does the avatar speak for itself?

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Daily Reminder

The Houston Astros are World Series Champions

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I bought myself some really nice bubbly for tomorrow night and i'm going to drink that entire bottle, plus some other stuff.

I couldn't celebrate the night of but you can bet your rear end I will all weekend.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

I'll be at the parade early today. I'll post any cool pics I manage to grab.

Here's a cool video that made me tear up.

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=21259361

MrMidnight fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Nov 3, 2017

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I've decided not to gently caress around with the parade and just watch it on TV

Also thanks for posting that video, I would have never seen it since I never go to espn's site

"General Manager Jeff Luhnow drafted the right players" *shows clip of George Springer*

That was Ed Wade, all hail Ed Wade

Intruder fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Nov 3, 2017

spaced ninja
Apr 10, 2009

Toilet Rascal

Intruder posted:

I've decided not to gently caress around with the parade and just watch it on TV

Also thanks for posting that video, I would have never seen it since I never go to espn's site

"General Manager Jeff Luhnow drafted the right players" *shows clip of George Springer*

That was Ed Wade, all hail Ed Wade

Yeah I work kinda close to downtown off Washington and was thinking of kicking down there for a bit but after seeing the traffic heading down there on my way in (4 hours before the parade!) I'll probably just find a place to grab a beer and watch on tv.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

I work downtown and will be watching on TV. Can't gently caress with that mess.

Here is an awesome video of Bregman realizing on Wednesday night that Verlander is with the team for 2 more years. This team is the best! THE BEST!

https://streamable.com/enve1

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender
hahaha that owns

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Bregman is cool

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

Intruder posted:

Bregman is cool

He should be here forever with Altuve, Springer and Correa until they're old and broken down and causing us to lose all the time

https://twitter.com/HunterAtkins35/status/926494903764508672

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Holy gently caress this thing is going to be paaaacked

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Sab0921 posted:

He should be here forever with Altuve, Springer and Correa until they're old and broken down and causing us to lose all the time

https://twitter.com/HunterAtkins35/status/926494903764508672

Yeah and even then they get a pass

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
I doubt the Astros re-sign Maybin. He was just there to fill Marisnick's role who missed the post-season with thumb surgery.

Also, If avs are still available, I'll take a Josh Reddick wrestling themed one.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

MrMidnight posted:

Yeah and even then they get a pass

By then their sons will be ready to take the mantle, and the Astros locker room will start to resemble Degrassi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I bought the Chron newspaper of them winning. Gonna frame that forever

• Locked thread