Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

MrMidnight posted:

Cubs fans...is it normal to re-watch every single highlight, post game interview for hours on end???

I still re-watch 2011 Game 6 highlights. For that matter, I still re-watch Beltran striking out looking in the NLCS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Its the offseason, heres a really interesting article about baseball in Palau https://deadspin.com/greetings-from-palau-the-micronesian-archipelago-that-1819864501

I'm the guy in the comments calling bullshit because ive been there and i never saw anyone play baseball

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I haven't done OOTP since...09? I'd love to give it another shot.

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller

bewbies posted:

Offseason doldrums? NFL unwatchable? Hockey and soccer not good enough for you? I'm going to run a goon be-a-player in Out-of-the-Park 18 for anyone interested. Once I get the final kinks out of the setup worked out I'll post a signup thread, hopefully later this week. So, if you're interested start thinking about what kind of fake baseball player YOU want to be!

Poll question for anyone interested: would you all prefer to do a modern game, or historical? If historical, what era? Reminder: the farther back we go, the fewer players we can inject without breaking the game.

I am very down to be left-handed Dave Kingman in the modern era of All the Dingers.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

G-Hawk posted:

Yikes:

One thing I did not include in the Correa story: He revealed that he injured his right thumb in #Astros’ walkoff celebration in Game 2 ALCS.
Correa said he received numerous injections in thumb, revealing series of needle marks. Still had .866 OPS in playoffs and .817 OPS in WS.

Yikes indeed.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

John Wilkes Booth posted:

I am very down to be left-handed Dave Kingman in the modern era of All the Dingers.

Last time I tried to be a Greg Bird-esque second baseman, but everybody else was some kind of ubermensch so it didn't work out too great for me.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I feel that every series has a crazy loving injury that the player was hiding out of pure adrenaline. I wonder how bad Correa's thumb was

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
Needle marks and juiced balls? Truly is the golden age of baseball.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Grittybeard posted:

Oh hell yes! Royals not the worst in the division!

I don't know if anyone other than Braves or Royals fans care but apparently the Royals blocked Dayton Moore from interviewing for Atlanta's GM job a few days ago. Which, if I'm Dayton I'm probably pretty annoyed by, Atlanta seems like an easier rebuild right now than the Royals do.

BasicFunk posted:

Might not be such a bad thing for him since MLB is probably about to deal the Braves a giant bag of poo poo for whatever John Coppolella did.
Yeah the few vague remarks Moore made publicly about the Braves' interest seemed like they were clearly a thanks but no thanks.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

bewbies posted:

Offseason doldrums? NFL unwatchable? Hockey and soccer not good enough for you? I'm going to run a goon be-a-player in Out-of-the-Park 18 for anyone interested. Once I get the final kinks out of the setup worked out I'll post a signup thread, hopefully later this week. So, if you're interested start thinking about what kind of fake baseball player YOU want to be!

Poll question for anyone interested: would you all prefer to do a modern game, or historical? If historical, what era? Reminder: the farther back we go, the fewer players we can inject without breaking the game.

Sign me the gently caress up. Assuming OOTP is wired to handle it, I'll make a Mariano Rivera style closer, but instead of only throwing a cutter he only throws changeups. Really good changeups, but just changeups.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

bewbies posted:

I'm down if you can make me a pitcher with 100mph gas and a 60 mph eephus and literally nothing else

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

bewbies posted:

hell yes

I want to be Aaron Judge but with prime Ichiro's strikeout rate

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Carlosologist posted:

hell yes

No mary sues.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I will create the bananas and pie sometime this weekend btw

I'll take a picture of all the ingredients, then of the finished products, then figure out the logistics on recording eating them

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

bewbies posted:

I want to be the world's fastest beefy lad catcher

naginalJJ
Feb 10, 2007

Baby, looks like a dance epidemic to me
I'm seeing things I thought I'd never see
Dance epidemic tonight
I want to be a pitcher with a 100 MPH fastball and a crazy dancy knuckleball!

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Kirios posted:

So...

Charlie Morton, best offseason signing last year, right? 7 million dollars was a loving steal.
Man his previous team sure let him off cheap, I mean spending more 7 million dollars is just too hard for 10th richest owner in the MLB.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

bewbies posted:

Hell yeah I'm in for this.

I prefer the modern game because I wasn't alive back in historical times.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

iospace posted:

No mary sues.

This needs to be strictly enforced this time.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Carlosologist posted:

hell yes

So basically Barry Bonds?

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

I want to do the OOOP thing but don't know what it is or if I'd have to learn anything in particular.

The offseason articles speculating about the bullpen or whatever for next season are already coming, and I'm already bored.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
N: There's already rumblings that the Dodgers have an interest in signing Arrieta

V: Not that the Dodgers couldn't afford to blow past the luxury tax threshold if they wanted to, but that is going to be one hell of a payroll they're rocking.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Thom P. Tiers posted:

So basically Barry Bonds?

Whoa now, not that many dingers.

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Sydin posted:

N: There's already rumblings that the Dodgers have an interest in signing Arrieta

V: Not that the Dodgers couldn't afford to blow past the luxury tax threshold if they wanted to, but that is going to be one hell of a payroll they're rocking.

Oh my god no

secular woods sex
Aug 1, 2000
I dispense wisdom by the gallon.
7 foot tall left handed submarine knuckleballer is my OOTP jam

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Is there a submarine pitcher option?

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
Clayton Kershaw on World Series loss: 'Maybe one of these days I won’t fail'

"I think once the dust settles and we go home, we can realize that we had a pretty amazing season and we finished in second place, which nobody cares about or remembers.''

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

well if I can't be god-tier Aaron Judge I guess being a 5'5" power pitcher is my back up

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
When do they announce league MVPs?

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

all-Rush mixtape posted:

Here's the full award schedule

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

all-Rush mixtape posted:

Finalists (non-gold glove) will be announced on the 6th. Gold Glove winners on the 7th, Silver Sluggers on the 9th. "Defensive Players of the Year" on the 10th, Rookies of the Year the 13th, Managers 14th, Cy Youngs 15th, MVPs 16th. Awards Ceremony is the 17th.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

PrinceRandom posted:

Is there a submarine pitcher option?

If so I want my 100 mph FB/60 mph eephus pitcher to be a submariner

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Intruder posted:

If so I want my 100 mph FB/60 mph eephus pitcher to be a submariner

Oh god a Submarine eephus would be the best eephus.

Lefty junkballer for me. Fastball tops out at 90 at most, everything has movement. My imaginary guy basically has a job because he's left handed and throws things that don't go straight.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Intruder posted:

I will create the bananas and pie sometime this weekend btw

I'll take a picture of all the ingredients, then of the finished products, then figure out the logistics on recording eating them

Oof, both in one weekend?

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

sword_man.gif posted:

Clayton Kershaw on World Series loss: 'Maybe one of these days I won’t fail'

"I think once the dust settles and we go home, we can realize that we had a pretty amazing season and we finished in second place, which nobody cares about or remembers.''

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

GobiasIndustries posted:

Oof, both in one weekend?

Might as well get it over with

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
The Yankee job seems to be Rual Ibanez, Jerry Hairston Jr and Jay Bell.

Ambassador of Funk
Aug 2, 2009

Whenever I'm put to the test, I'm gonna ace it.

bewbies posted:

I may not post much, but please let me live out my never to be fulfilled modern baseball dreams.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

mcmagic posted:

The Yankee job seems to be Rual Ibanez, Jerry Hairston Jr and Jay Bell.

I hope it's Raul. I still haven't forgiven Jerry for booting that ball during Andy's perfect game.

But I've also seen a lot of articles say Raul doesn't want to leave his job with LA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Inspector_666 posted:

I hope it's Raul. I still haven't forgiven Jerry for booting that ball during Andy's perfect game.

But I've also seen a lot of articles say Raul doesn't want to leave his job with LA.

I wanted David Cone or John Flaherty.

• Locked thread