Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Snake Maze posted:

If you're talking about what I think you're talking about (the stuff immediately after the credits), then you can change the music at anytime from the map, and you can leave mushroom kingdom whenever you want by throwing your hat on the globe

Yeah, I realized the music thing shortly after I posted. I'd stopped playing for a bit just after arriving.

I also have no desire to leave the Mushroom Kingdom, as that place is a delight.

Though I'm a little concerned at how many stars they have to sell. I hadn't been spending too much money most of the game then I dropped 2K on stars and they still have more for sale.

Game knows how to treat me right. Except with still having tutorial signs with tiny videos in the post-game. I've figured out how to dive jump by now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
I really like the joycons, in grip mode, hands mode, or separate they feel good. It didn't take long to get used to the separate control set up for mario

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!

Vikar Jerome posted:

nice. but who knows these days, thanks brexit.

was it always that nice price in the usa? at launch i remember it being 70-80 quid but now i'm questioning my own sanity because 55 seems like a nice price and i might get it.

Yep, I paid $69.99 at launch. Maybe you saw some listings by third party sellers on Amazon since it was in low stock the first month or so after launch?

LethalGeek posted:

Unlike the left joycon thing it seems to less common but enough that there's an * on the Pro Controller purchase. That said the fix sounds like taking some screws out and shoving a piece of tiny cardboard or something under the plastic of the pad.

http://www.ateijelo.com/blog/2017/07/12/effective-fix-switch-pro-controller-dpad-issues

Actually this person is smart and i'm going to do this later

Yikes, that sucks their QA isn't catching that. Must be hit or miss then and I got lucky I guess, haha. Or maybe my being used to the XBone controllers has trained how I use the d-pad, even though PS4 is my primary console... well it was pre-Switch.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
I need to send in my left joycon still... I have procrastinated so drat long. And now ALL THE GAMES are here. Need to buy another set and then send it in :derp: Hidden costs!

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Hammer Bro. posted:

Though I'm a little concerned at how many stars they have to sell. I hadn't been spending too much money most of the game then I dropped 2K on stars and they still have more for sale.

As far as I know, there's no limit to how many stars you can buy. The game stops keeping track after you have 999 though.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Hammer Bro. posted:

Post game store stars are literally infinite and do not effect "collection" numbers, it's just a way to get faster level and costume unlocks

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
joycon felt kinda weird at first but after playing a ton of zelda with it i bought a pro controller and then the pro controller felt huge. now they both feel great.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Hammer Bro. posted:

Yeah, I realized the music thing shortly after I posted. I'd stopped playing for a bit just after arriving.

I also have no desire to leave the Mushroom Kingdom, as that place is a delight.

Game knows how to treat me right. Except with still having tutorial signs with tiny videos in the post-game. I've figured out how to dive jump by now.

Stop buying them. They have them for sale until you hit the 999 moon limit so theres like 166 that are possible to buy for no reason except reaching milestones earlier. After the first one in each world they are kinda a waste until you are done with everything.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
I have pretty large hands I guess (I'm 6'4) and the joycons feel fine to me when they're on the switch itself or in that controller shell thing, but they feel small individually if they don't have the "back filler" pieces attached. Neither SMO, Zelda or Kart made me want a pro controller over the shell thing they provide you.

But I've happily used everything from the GameCube to the dualshock 2+3+4 to the OG massive Xbox controller to Dreamcast without much trouble and I know some folks are very picky.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!

Thom P. Tiers posted:

I need to send in my left joycon still... I have procrastinated so drat long. And now ALL THE GAMES are here. Need to buy another set and then send it in :derp: Hidden costs!

I totally forgot about the joycon issue for a few months, and then when I was playing Mario Kart the other day, I was sitting back on the couch with my hands cradling it and my character was responding erratically, and it came back to me. Maybe I should see about sending it in at some point even though it isn't that bad with my setup.

Does it have to be within the first year after purchase?

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

FireMrshlBill posted:

I totally forgot about the joycon issue for a few months, and then when I was playing Mario Kart the other day, I was sitting back on the couch with my hands cradling it and my character was responding erratically, and it came back to me. Maybe I should see about sending it in at some point even though it isn't that bad with my setup.

Does it have to be within the first year after purchase?

They should be able to help you regardless. Nintendo has a really tight tracking system for product and they’ll be able to tell when and where you purchased your Switch via the serial number

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Octodad: Dadliest Catch is coming to Switch next week.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
That's a really short window between announcement and release.

Also I will probably buy it at some point because gently caress it, game's good from what I hear.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I played through both RE Revelations last month and they pretty middle of the road as far as Resi games go, Rev 1 is obviously an upscaled 3DS game and feels more like a rail shooter, 2 is a more fully fledged game but has a few annoyances. They're both decent but not essential.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Suspicious Cook posted:

Wasn't there an article recently about Capcom underestimating the Switch but trying to play it off as normal procedure for third parties to just port things for the first year since there isn't enough development time? Just ignore the fact that they had Dead Rising 3 developed specifically for the Xbox One at launch.

I feel like companies expected the Switch to be a Wii U level flop but instead it's huge and now they're having to figure out their game plan. EA is no big loss and modern Capcom is real hit or miss, but it would be nice to see proper Switch support from them in time. Being able to play home console titles anywhere you want is awesome and it would be foolish of them not to dip their fingers into this pie. Just imagine all those Call of Duty kids being able to game at their rooftop parties!

much like how hardly anyone should miss EA, Capcom missing the boat isn't really a big deal since Monster Hunter World ain't coming for Switch and every fighting game they touch turns to poo poo. Now that ArcSys is on board with the tag team game and hopefully DBFZ, Capcom being late to the party is no biggie. All I need is my mandatory RE4 port.

I'm REALLY curious what the From Software game will be, if it isn't Dark Souls.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

If they do this right it could be the best motion control game on the console.

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

DLC Inc posted:

Star Fox Souls

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Hopefully it'll be a good mech game

:pray:

Or a new Lost Kingdom game. I really liked them.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

They got 3 things going, one is an AC, one of them works in VR, and one is admittedly a Souls-y sounding game. So who knows where they're going.

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
I still can't get over how sloppily these huge companies are programming stuff. What the hell. I'd have to specifically go way out of my way to make a wrestling game's save be 5 gigabytes

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Ohtsam posted:

Star Fox Souls

Dinosaur Planet 2

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

If the Switch hits that 14+ million sales figure in its first year then a lot of stage time at E3 next year is going to be companies scrambling to show off what they're making for the Switch.

mango sentinel posted:

Are there any "must have" eShop titles $15 and under?

I already have Neo Turf Masters.

Blaster Master Zero if you're in to that kind of gameplay.

They were too busy brutally murdering Breath of Fire.

DLC Inc posted:

Luigi's Mansion Souls.

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

Evil Fluffy posted:

If the Switch hits that 14+ million sales figure in its first year then a lot of stage time at E3 next year is going to be companies scrambling to show off what they're making for the Switch.

The first year of the switch has been loving unbelievable after supporting the Wii U the past 5 years. Being a nintendo fan has some crazy ups and downs

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

It really has. Could the Wii U have been saved with better marketing? It simply confused too many people, and the launch wasn’t anything special. I’m glad I owned one for sure, and miss the eshop music (but not the load times for OS stuff).

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

EL BROMANCE posted:

It really has. Could the Wii U have been saved with better marketing? It simply confused too many people, and the launch wasn’t anything special.

They did what I figured they'd do and immediately ported all the best Wii U software onto the switch for the 90% of people who never touched one

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

The wiiU was too good and pure for this world

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

whaley posted:

I still can't get over how sloppily these huge companies are programming stuff. What the hell. I'd have to specifically go way out of my way to make a wrestling game's save be 5 gigabytes

I work at an auto manufacturer and I'm not sure our database of 5 million cars we've built, their build history and their specs and manifest is even 5 gigabytes

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
I'd be happy with a dark souls 1 and 2 pack to be honest

God knows I could spend another 100 hours running around in drangleic or lordran, wearing the dumbest outfit possible and overall being a giant piece of poo poo

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

EL BROMANCE posted:

It really has. Could the Wii U have been saved with better marketing? It simply confused too many people, and the launch wasn’t anything special. I’m glad I owned one for sure, and miss the eshop music (but not the load times for OS stuff).

It came out with an HD MARIO and a fantastic and soon to be defunct message board system

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Anyone itt had success installing the Basstop replacement joy-con shells? Mine keeps triggering the + button every time I hit ZR, unless I totally remove the top left screw. Seems like the plastic is just warped but wondering if there's some secret code to the way the screws go back in.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Evil Fluffy posted:

Luigi's Mansion Souls.

galaxy brain: Waluigi Bloodbourne

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Verisimilidude posted:

I have relatively small hands and even I find the controls to be a bit too small

Yep. The straps help but it's a pain taking them on and off and they contribute to clutter in the TV room

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
i hope FROM port dark souls and add in super mario equipment just so the dark souls lore dudes brains melt.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Ah, Cap, or some say Cappy...

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
I doubt anybody would have that kind of reaction, especially after 3, but ok?

Some added equipment or even cut content would be sweet

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Mario has gotten buckwild :stare:

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I, uh, spent a lot of time exploring New Donk City before getting the band back together. I should have done that first.

The Manticore
Aug 23, 2008

Did you mean to make that post, or were you just pushing keys at random?

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

If they do this right it could be the best motion control game on the console.

Good news!

https://twitter.com/YoungHorses/status/926186327900639232

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Anyway ya'll are bitching about motion controls but what if in BOTW you could make Link climb faster by shaking the controller. Ever think about that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Lobster Harmonica posted:

The first year of the switch has been loving unbelievable after supporting the Wii U the past 5 years. Being a nintendo fan has some crazy ups and downs

Imo the Wii U was still cool and had good games. Switch is better but I don't think of the Wii U as much of a down

• Locked thread