Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

SomethingJones posted:

The moderation in that thread is directly related to how many shitizens are posting in it. The mods don't even bother that much with it anymore (apart from the usual cleanup) unless stuff starts getting reported. It's the stuff being reported that leads to the temp bans and it's not even posters over-reacting, it's just for being off-topic - for example someone posting something about the SC community instead of the game will get reported.

So in order to not appear biased the mods will remove off-topic posts, sometimes issue an infraction and with enough infractions = temp ban.

What then happens is the shitizens act like complete dicks and end up getting perma'd themselves.

Then you have to wait for another wave of shitizens to build up some rep so they can post in the thread again and the cycle begins anew. They've been at it for years, they can't get anyone permanently banned except for themselves, they are complete idiots.

Why yes, yes of course they are.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Viscous Soda posted:

That thing contains catnip. You can literally see when it kicks in.

:catdrugs:

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

http://i.imgur.com/hWG9M1k.gifv

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

The Titanic posted:

Have you ever been to space? Know what it’s full of? Nothings.

And poo poo.

But mostly nothing. So not having anything to do for 8+ minutes is the simulation side of Star Citizen. It revolves around doubling the transverse side of the triple negative of space distances so everything is unrealistically close but hideously far in all the best ways. :smuggo:

How can something be full of nothing? If theres nothing there, it cannot be full.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I needed a distraction from studying...

#18 - "Can you help us negotiate a license deal with Marvel?"
Doesn't apply, although I imagine the question was asked with respect to Coutt's.

Absolutely applies because Chris keeps going "This is WING COMMANDER 2.0" and "If EA wasn't cockbloxking us with the license I'd remake the series" and then they got a poo poo ton of money and said gently caress it we dont need wing commander we'll build our own license, with articulated thrusters and space rape!

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Jobbo_Fett posted:

How can something be full of nothing? If theres nothing there, it cannot be full.

I know your avee is not from this but it still makes me think of it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTeYsURaBno

did I just post anime :ohdear:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Thoatse posted:

Its a great cartoon!

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

Thoatse posted:

you posted goodness. Also this was what everyone secretly hoped for when they did Rebels

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tRStz404qY

:shrug:

edit:

After the current burndown finishes, testing of shopping & cargo will begin! Then there'll be FIVE more "gameloops" to burndown and test.

I'm pumped

:lol:

Quavers fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Nov 3, 2017

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Thoatse posted:

That was obviously done by a filthy gaijin (who likes Macross) so not anime, you're safe.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Quavers posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tRStz404qY

:shrug:

edit:

After the current burndown finishes, testing of shopping & cargo will begin! Then there'll be FIVE more "gameloops" to burndown and test.

I'm pumped

:lol:

I'm the 3/4 of the video which is just a re-hash of citizencon to fill dead air

Which is good because I didn't actually watch any of the citizencon snore fest, and it really is awkward Chris starts shilling for Intel within the first 10 seconds of his address speech

Also the Intel guy doesn't know or care who Chris is and just says 'Thank you... thank... you' As if trying to remember who Chris is and quickly moving past it

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

McGiggins posted:

Been looking for a replacement for the pigeon dating sim.

Doki Doki literature club.
Go into it completely blind. No spoilers. It's free.
It starts dull and stupid. Then Something Happens. It's worth the wait. Pay attention to everything.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

From the end of last week they've gone from 17 bugs, down to 11, back up to 17, and finally reaching 15 bugs on the second of seven burndowns during the evocati phase of burndowns.

:gary:

Tokamak fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Nov 3, 2017

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

his nibs posted:

strangely alluring

tax:

that bear can sell anything

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

Tokamak posted:

From the end of last week they've gone from 17 bugs, down to 11, back up to 17, and finally reaching 15 bugs on the second of seven burndowns during the evocati phase of burndowns.

:gary:

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Dark energy begs to differ.

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

Defeated in Diplomacy under suspicious circumstances

Breetai posted:

Doki Doki literature club.
Go into it completely blind. No spoilers. It's free.
It starts dull and stupid. Then Something Happens. It's worth the wait. Pay attention to everything.

I just finished DDLC and I second this recommendation. It's really great if you go into it blind.

Mne nravitsya
Jul 14, 2017

Omniblivion posted:

Stockholm Star Citizen Syndrome

Star Syndrome

Ubik_Lives
Nov 16, 2012

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Clearly you've never downloaded Star Citizen to your hard drive.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I think the Stellaris mod I downloaded is an ad for Star Citizen?

BluesShaman
Apr 25, 2016

She wore Blue Velvet.

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

Thoatse posted:

Those don't look like printer marks to me, that would leave a topographical layer texture if extruded or a sandstone like texture if SLS printed. It looks like shoddy fiberglass work ...to me that texture looks like coarse plain weave cloth with no veil ply. My guess is it's cnc carved mdf boards and thought they could fiberglass it to make look good without knowing how to layup fiberglass.

so they cnc'ed it then ruined it with after touches :aaaaa:

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

BluesShaman
Apr 25, 2016

She wore Blue Velvet.
Everyone who criticizes SC is literally Derek Smart. - Insane persons

Mu77ley
Oct 14, 2016

Toops posted:

I like #20 and #21.

#23 was good also.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

TheAgent posted:

trials in tainted space is making like $35k a month for bad erotic fiction

I don't even loving know anymore. nothing in this loving world makes sense

Honestly, that sort of thing doesn't upset me one bit due to one simple principle. They could be raking in a million a month for that and I'd still be okay with it, so long as the customer gets what they pay for on a reliable schedule.

Not so with Star Citizen, whose schedule is anything but and whose audience continues to claim all kinds of poo poo for what it will *eventually* deliver, but only wind up with dreams and a terrible tech demo.

CrazyLoon fucked around with this message at 09:47 on Nov 3, 2017

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Toops posted:

Dark energy begs to differ.

Also, Seinfeld.

Yes, I jest. Unlike the case to be made for Star Citizen.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Enchanted Hat posted:

I just finished DDLC and I second this recommendation. It's really great if you go into it blind.

not actual spoiler, but hint to make it even better

Play windowed and watch that game folder while playing.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/sonicviz/status/926295010802307072

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/AtlasDefenseInd/status/926070440845627393

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
TLDR : If CR pitched the game to an actual publisher, it would fail on all counts.

That's so good for star citizen.

:munch:

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Is that loving eren? Jesus christ this development is killing all of them

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Is that loving eren? Jesus christ this development is killing all of them

Yea, I gotta say it's genuinely sad seeing the guy slowly turn into a physical mini-Lesnick.

Nanako the Narc
Sep 6, 2011

Thoatse posted:

This is one of my favourite pieces of fan animation. I love all the little nods to X-wing/TIE fighter like the tug, the fighter cockpits and the briefing room.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

That aircraft carrier has around 40 aeroplanes on it. The is Javelin 150m longer, and holds 3.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

The rest of the space is taken up by gravity goo and toilet cubicles.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

And trough urinals.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Tokamak posted:

That aircraft carrier has around 40 aeroplanes on it. The is Javelin 150m longer, and holds 3.

This is one of my favorite things about sci-fi spaceships.

When I was first making strides on the Internet, I was part of a few sci-fi boards. I had a lot of fun designing spaceships for my own space opera universes. Coming up with all these detailed statistics and histories. Really, I would've been the model of someone who would go on to back Star Citizen. I remember coming up with some sort of battle cruiser. I think it was six hundred meters long and it had something like six gun turrets. I remember someone pointing out how weird it was to only have six weapon systems when you compared it to modern military naval vessels.

Funnily enough, of course, Wing Commander is practically the model for weirdly undergunned capital ships.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

Now, aside from the Abuminable, business goes on as usual.

Milky Moor posted:

I remember someone pointing out how weird it was to only have six weapon systems when you compared it to modern military naval vessels.

Plus, enemies need to be in visual range to be engaged and must be attacked manually.