Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
Finally got around to applying one of the screen protectors listed in the OP. Did the shower thing and it was easy to apply. Haven't played it yet, but I don't think there will be any problems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Of all the things he stole who was going to officiate? how'd he forget that part?

This question is answered already, Kamek was going to do it

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Macaluso posted:

Update: Turns out you literally can't do that moon unless you do the motion controls. Shaking makes the frog jump higher. I just never noticed that little bit of info at the bottom. Poop on that

Wrong.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

MARIO IS SO GOOD

was just gonna play like 30 minutes before bed, two hours later I'm up to 377 moons :buddy:

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

But it is shitloads easier that way.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Macaluso posted:

Update: Turns out you literally can't do that moon unless you do the motion controls. Shaking makes the frog jump higher. I just never noticed that little bit of info at the bottom. Poop on that

Yea, they definitely shoehorned in a handful of things where motion controls are nigh-unavoidable, but I'm not at all mad about it. None of it is at Donkey Kong Country Returns level of "shake the Wiimote to ground pound or GLHF" so it's all good.

What do you do otherwise? Jump out of the frog at the apex of the normal jump?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

This goddamn thing is making me try to hit O to confirm stuff on my PS4

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
mfw when I'm still playing goty 2017 Gold Story and Neo Turd Masters because those are the two best games on the Nibntendop Switch

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Calaveron posted:

I used my joycons today for the first time since buying the switch on release day and turns out the left one has that awful, awful lag problem. That’s not a thing that’s fixed by getting new joycons right? I have to send my entire unit to Nintendo right?

Spellman posted:

I've been having this problem too, except only sometimes. When I reboot the Switch sometimes the remotes seem to fix themselves. But mainly I think there's something interfering with it

*However yea the Switch Joy-Cons at launch were poo poo unless you live in a shoebox, and the warranty would be gone by now. But you can still ask if you can send them in for free repair because you're just opening them as if they're brand new and they should work

You don't have to send your entire unit, you send the joycon. The joycons that came with the console are under a one year warranty so you're good.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I just spent like an hour trying to figure out the moon "hidden among the Push-Blocks"

Some of these moons make me feel like an idiot when I finally figure them out :psyduck:

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

veni veni veni posted:

This goddamn thing is making me try to hit O to confirm stuff on my PS4

Which is how it should be!!!

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

enojy posted:

Yea, they definitely shoehorned in a handful of things where motion controls are nigh-unavoidable, but I'm not at all mad about it. None of it is at Donkey Kong Country Returns level of "shake the Wiimote to ground pound or GLHF" so it's all good.

What do you do otherwise? Jump out of the frog at the apex of the normal jump?

You can do a bunch of stuff when you jump out of an enemy. Generally a hat bounce or a dive will get extra height/distance. It’s hard to get the timing right though, I spent most of the game not using stuff like that and now I have to learn all the advanced moves.

Olivil
Jul 15, 2010

Wow I'd like to be as smart as a computer
I love the Switch but isn't there a SMO thread?

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
All these upcoming games make me realize I gotta snag a microsd card soon. Any goonfaves? I'll probably just go by the usual Amazon suspects otherwise

64gb seems serviceable but I'm thinking I should spring for the 128...

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I really think Metroid is going to end up being the last 3DS game I buy. It’s really hard going back to it after playing the Switch.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Samurai Sanders posted:

I really think Metroid is going to end up being the last 3DS game I buy. It’s really hard going back to it after playing the Switch.

I've been playing Radiant Historia (imported / missed it the first time around) and I've been enjoying it but there's not a moment I don't wish it was on the Switch. (Especially since there's no 3D.)

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Gold Story and Neo Turd Masters

neo... turd masters

would be perfect for the Switch

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Please do the odyssey spoilers in the odyssey thread :colbert:

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

KingSlime posted:

All these upcoming games make me realize I gotta snag a microsd card soon. Any goonfaves? I'll probably just go by the usual Amazon suspects otherwise

Yeah getting any popular one from name brands (samsung, sandisk, kingston, toshiba) is a safe bet. 64 and 128 is the sweet spot for $/GB right now and read/write speeds won't make much/any difference when playing games, so just get one of the bestsellers

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

KingSlime posted:

you probably already know this but make sure that the card you order is actually coming from amazon and not another seller listing their stuff on amazon or you will get a counterfeit 19 times out of 20

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I wonder how they handled Doom being like 80 gigs for Switch.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

Switch Doom is a lot smaller due to the lower texture resolution. For the physical release, Campaign and Arcade Modes fit on a single 16gb cartridge, with an optional 9gb download for multiplayer. The eShop version is a single 13.6gb download.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Ah, that makes sense. imo it still looks great portable from what I've seen, which is what i'd mostly be interested in since I already have the PS4 version.

My biggest concern would be that the joycon sticks couldn't handle it very well. I hope they bumped the auto aim through the roof for the switch version because I think it would be barely playable otherwise.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Come join us in the Odyssey thread, Odyssey friends.

The next few weeks are insane, Doom is out in 7 days, and Xenoblade Chronicles 2 just 3 weeks after that. (Skyrim and LA Noire are out in between but eh). I had a quick look at the Coming Soon section on the eShop last night, and there were a bunch of other decent-looking games out on the 10th and the 17th November also.

I still have barely touched Fire Emblem Warriors, also.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

veni veni veni posted:

Well u see it's not a graphically intense experience (like that random wrestling game)

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Also they only had to fit half the fps in the cardridge so that saves like 40GB

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
I can't wait for USB storage so I can use glue my portable DVD drive to my mario box and pretend it's a real console :smug:

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Macaluso posted:

I just spent like an hour trying to figure out the moon "hidden among the Push-Blocks"

Some of these moons make me feel like an idiot when I finally figure them out :psyduck:

Where was it

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Someone earlier in the thread said Mario 3D World wasn't that great and I'm extremely upset

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Quest For Glory II posted:

Someone earlier in the thread said Mario 3D World wasn't that great and I'm extremely upset

I missed getting it on the U and hope it gets a port to the Switch at some point. Probably will, when they have a slow month or something.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Among the push blocks

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

3D world was the best 3D mario until very recently

MZ
Apr 21, 2004

Excuse me while I kiss the sky.

Evil Fluffy posted:

If the Switch hits that 14+ million sales figure in its first year then a lot of stage time at E3 next year is going to be companies scrambling to show off what they're making for the Switch.

:eng101: Nintendo hasn't had a stage at E3 for years.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

alf_pogs posted:

3D world was the best 3D mario until very recently

3D world is a 2D mario not a 3D mario though :colbert:

speaking of, one thing I really wish they took from 3D world that would fit so perfectly with the suits and stuff is Bowser's theme:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-h55eVAJmM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWRMSn63yb0

:swoon:

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

The 3D World soundtrack is better than Odyssey's

e: also why is there no ghost house. I demand ghost house dlc

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 11:43 on Nov 3, 2017

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

iajanus posted:

Among the push blocks

I searched that room for like an hour

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
New Blade showed up:

https://twitter.com/XenobladeJP/status/926343950746583040

Designed by Shunya Yamashita, does those bishoujou line of Kotobukiya statues which you've probably seen.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

The 3D World soundtrack is better than Odyssey's

e: also why is there no ghost house. I demand ghost house dlc

Did you not see the entire town of ghost houses, complete with hat-wearing ghosts, at the start of the game? :colbert:

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

It was good until that one stage I could never beat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
Every Mario without a level timer > every Mario with a level timer

• Locked thread