Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

after beating the game i've just been going back to old kingdoms and cleaning house. i'm up to over 600 moons now and i'm working on my new donk city revisit and god loving drat i'm reminded how good this stage is

https://twitter.com/kaubocks/status/926311181052125184

i haven't even set foot in the dark/darker side stages yet. this game is insane. i love it. it's my favorite mario by a country mile right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Kaubocks posted:

after beating the game i've just been going back to old kingdoms and cleaning house. i'm up to over 600 moons now and i'm working on my new donk city revisit and god loving drat i'm reminded how good this stage is

https://twitter.com/kaubocks/status/926311181052125184

i haven't even set foot in the dark/darker side stages yet. this game is insane. i love it. it's my favorite mario by a country mile right now

There's a P-Button the building rooftop to your left as you're falling that creates platforms to run across.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

look if you see a moon floating over large swaths of empty air too far to jump to and your first thought is "surely there must be a switch or something around here" and not "i'm gonna ramp a motor scooter off a building 35 stories high" then i don't want to talk to you

(i remembered the switch like ten minutes later :ssh:)

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Showing up that golden koops by doing all sorts of impossible jumps while he's following the main path like a chump is the best

I never did find a way to completely own him in snow kingdom though. I beat him by a bit to the last wind-blowing guy but then we were stuck in the same cycle and and I just had to narrowly win the sprint to the end.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
How is it that the most difficult enemies in the game are the god damned Goombas. How.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Tayter Swift posted:

How is it that the most difficult enemies in the game are the god damned Goombas. How.

I've taken too much damage trying to assimilate them into the stack. :argh:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
How do you get the wedding dress in game

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

This octopus fight is terrible.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Macaluso posted:

How do you get the wedding dress in game
All post game cosmetics are unlocked via total moon count. Alternatively, scan the Wedding Peach amiibo with the amiibo robot.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

I just finished that Octopus fight and it really does suck.

Also, bowser seems like he'd make a pretty good husband. He literally goes around the world and picks out the best thing from each place to be at his wedding.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
The Octopus fight is easy as hell. Fly over him with a Gushen, hold Jump until he cries uncle. Repeat twice more.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Between not being able to tell what elevation I was at, and the horrible controls for spinning around in the air it totally ruined the fun of flying around in the little octopi which I loved until that fight. I never want to se another one of those for the rest of my life now.

For as stellar as this games controls are in general, the in flight 360 degree stuff is so bad. Maybe it's just me but it all feels so wrong. I dread having to control a top down bullet bill or similar stuff.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

You can shoot him from the side too. You never need to go above him. Octopus hate water

E: Hardest enemies in the game are the mummies because you have to stomp them, they're super fast, and if there's more then 1 you're going to get hit because jumping on them doesn't bounce you in the air.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

These Eskimo seals in the next area are so cute I can't stay mad though.

Lets Pickle
Jul 9, 2007

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Beat the last post-game world last night. What an incredible ride this has been

One question about the hint art, though: Is it possible to make it impossible to get the Art achievement Moons from Toadette if you end up finding the Moons before finding their hint art?

AFAIK if you haven't seen the hint art the corresponding moon doesn't exist yet. I used a guide and tried to get the Lost Kingdom one, but it wasn't there because I missed the art for it.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

cheetah7071 posted:

Showing up that golden koops by doing all sorts of impossible jumps while he's following the main path like a chump is the best

I never did find a way to completely own him in snow kingdom though. I beat him by a bit to the last wind-blowing guy but then we were stuck in the same cycle and and I just had to narrowly win the sprint to the end.

I believe I used one of the gust holes that takes you right up to the end

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

So the portrait moons count towards the kingdom you collect it in, and not where you found the painting, right? I'm missing a moon in Cascade and I'm thinking it has to be a painting.

Also, I finally got 100 jump ropes, what a pain in the rear end. Even with the 'hey!' audio cue I still kept loving up between 40-50. Once I got to 50 it actually got a lot easier, I ended up finishing with 233.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

AlphaKeny1 posted:

Also, bowser seems like he'd make a pretty good husband. He literally goes around the world and picks out the best thing from each place to be at his wedding.

Tell me about it! :kimchi:

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I dunno about good husband but he's a hell of a wedding planner, he should just do that

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

The ring he stole doesn't even fit, come on man you can do better. Bowser goes big and that's admirable but I don't think he's really put too much thought into this wedding thing, just grabbing the biggest and bestest things imaginable and hoping that's all a wedding is.

E:Admittedly outside of that ring they're basically all home-runs though.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Traxis posted:

So the portrait moons count towards the kingdom you collect it in, and not where you found the painting, right? I'm missing a moon in Cascade and I'm thinking it has to be a painting.

Also, I finally got 100 jump ropes, what a pain in the rear end. Even with the 'hey!' audio cue I still kept loving up between 40-50. Once I got to 50 it actually got a lot easier, I ended up finishing with 233.

Art moons count for the Kingdom the art is in.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

cheetah7071 posted:

I dunno about good husband but he's a hell of a wedding planner, he should just do that

He hired the Broodals to do all that for him, though.

Ironically at the end they're worried about how this fiasco has ruined their business.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Can someone tell me how to get the Moon here please?

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

It's admirable that Bowser is going to great lengths to make his and Peach's day very special, but maybe he shouldn't be stealing.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Technically the Broodals are the one stealing.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
also maybe he shouldn't be forcing someone to marry him

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Bowser is really Peach's gay bff and every so often she helps him out by staging a kidnapping thing because he really just wants Mario to notice him :smith:

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Neddy Seagoon posted:

https://twitter.com/dinominal/status/926384349339049984

shake that joycon

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Gotta blow it up somehow.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)

Hedrigall posted:

Bowser is really Peach's gay bff and every so often she helps him out by staging a kidnapping thing because he really just wants Mario to notice him :smith:

Go to the final boss wearing the dress and check just how into it Bowser is

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Cheers. I figured out I needed a Bullet Bill, just couldn't figure out how to get one to there.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I only 3 special coins left oh the Sand Kingdom and I can’t figure out how to get to them aaaaah

(it’s the place that exits at the top of the pyramid, if you come in that way first thing you see is a bunch of fruit, can’t remember where the entrance is)

e: I found the catapult right after this

Escobarbarian fucked around with this message at 12:58 on Nov 3, 2017

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

s.i.r.e. posted:

The Lost Kingdom is the YI area.

its not, lost kingdom is the dk isles after a few millennia or so. basically confirmed via the map info.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Hey Yoshi you know how our relationship has always been one of friendship and riding on you while finding you fruit to eat?

What if instead... I possess you and take away all your free will

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I really think the addition of the cap mechanic does a lot of good for the gameplay

the ethics on the other hand...
there are already articles on this aren't there

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Your Computer posted:

I really think the addition of the cap mechanic does a lot of good for the gameplay

the ethics on the other hand...
there are already articles on this aren't there

PEACH: I love you, Mario...
MARIO: Oh?
PEACH: ... but only when you're John Malkovich.
MARIO: Oh.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I want to play the whole game as Bowser :(

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

https://twitter.com/itsSupercar/status/926396109127278593

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo