Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
I will buy the anime game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I have no idea what to think about Xenoblade 2. It looks really dumb but it might be the kind of dumb that is fun to play.

I’ll probably wait a month or so to see what kind of reception it has.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Andrast posted:

I have no idea what to think about Xenoblade 2. It looks really dumb but it might be the kind of dumb that is fun to play.

I’ll probably wait a month of so to see what kind reception it has.

I'll see what the direct is like and that'll color me either way

strategery
Apr 21, 2004
I come to you baring a gift. Its in my diper and its not a toaster.
Just got a switch and mario. Is the rumor of GameCube virtual console (Or any virtual console) still alive?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

strategery posted:

Just got a switch and mario. Is the rumor of GameCube virtual console (Or any virtual console) still alive?

No.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I was excited by Xenoblade 2 and then that excitement deflated completely when I saw the characters :( It's not even that it's anime, it's just extremely not my style and that makes me sad.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

Rexroom posted:

Same but I have a feeling I'm going to be severely disappointed.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Louisgod posted:

Same but I have a feeling I'm going to be severely disappointed.

Convince yourself that it'll be a pile of poo poo so maybe you'll be pleasantly surprised.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
I liked the little bit that I played of Xenoblade and i played through XCX twice, but something about the gameplay they've shown for XB2 kinda looks... boring to me? I guess I'll probably watch the direct. Theoretically this is a game I should be excited for but right now I'm all about Mario and Warriors and I'm thinking about Doom.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I actually think the look of XB2 is fine but the combat/UI looks like a total mess

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I don't love the idea of blades and would rather there just be a core group of strong characters again...

Maybe it'll still all work out

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

The very first bit they showed when they unveiled the Switch had me really hopeful. The main character's goofy proportions kinda made it look cartoony. But the more they show it off the worse it looks. It's a wait and see at least.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Elman posted:

Is 3D Land better or worse than World? Not like I'm gonna play that before Odyssey, but it's something to consider.

3D Land is a tech demo of 3D World in 240p

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
I really don't like that blade system, it looks really stupid having your cool anime friendo just standing back and sending you good vibes.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I wish I had an anime friend to send me good vibes...

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I was going to play tokyo mirage sessions for the first time and then I realized my gamepad battery was dead...

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I bought a high capacity battery to play BotW longer without having to charge the pad then stopped playing it like a week later.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

I hope the XB2 Direct doesn't have horrible cringe-worthy narration like the segment during the last general Nintendo Direct.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
XB2 looks (and sounds) closer to XB1 which is a good thing that makes me interested. The characters just look really unappealing, though. I'll check out the direct and hope it looks promising.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Rexroom posted:

I have preordered the Limited Edition of the anime game.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

xenoblade chronicles is one of my favorite rpgs and i'm not going to watch this xc2 direct, not because i don't want to get spoiled but because they have been doing a terrible job showing off this game to the point where i'm going to wait for reviews

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

They seem to have burned all the goodwill XB1 generated at this point, so I wonder how long until monosoft sells badly enough for Nintendo to either sell them or turn them fully into an asset farm.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

the Switch is successful enough that Nintendo can allow lower-selling riskier titles to go on, like the DS. i think monolithsoft will be fine. i feel like Nintendo will keep coming back to Platinum too, even though their games always bomb

the more successful the Switch is, I bet we'll see the return of stuff like ArtSyle. the world is ready for pictobits 2

with nintendo being the primary game provider for their own console, they need to have as many games as possible, so having successful hardware means they can afford to put out games that might bomb if it helps fill out the release calendar. like Metroid Prime is not the most financially successful game series for them but they can do it because the Switch is a hit

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Nov 3, 2017

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Quest For Glory II posted:

like Metroid Prime is not the most financially successful game series for them but they can do it because the Switch is a hit

Just wait until we find out that Metroid Prime 4 was the game From Software was working on this whole time.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Kaubocks posted:

xenoblade chronicles is one of my favorite rpgs and i'm not going to watch this xc2 direct, not because i don't want to get spoiled but because they have been doing a terrible job showing off this game to the point where i'm going to wait for reviews

Its kind of amazing because they've managed to not show off anything I liked about XC1 and XCX except for maybe having a Nopon party member.

and I'm half expecting them to clarify he's a temporary member to make room for more blades at some point.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

THE loving MOON posted:

I liked the little bit that I played of Xenoblade and i played through XCX twice, but something about the gameplay they've shown for XB2 kinda looks... boring to me? I guess I'll probably watch the direct. Theoretically this is a game I should be excited for but right now I'm all about Mario and Warriors and I'm thinking about Doom.

Playing XC1 a 'little bit' but finishing XCX twice is, like, the opposite of everyone else on the planet's experience with those two games.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Is there a decent site for showing cross comparison of games available on multiple consoles? Like, I’d probably pick up the Switch version in most cases unless it was a case of the Xbox One version being better for a bunch of reasons.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
Metroid Prime 4 had better retain the perfect controls of MP 1-3 Wii aka the best FPS control scheme of all time

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

Metroid Prime 4 had better retain the perfect controls of MP 1-3 Wii aka the best FPS control scheme of all time

I'm fairly sure the Switch can't sync with Wiimotes so it'll be a normal FPS with maybe Splatoon-style gyro aiming if they're feeling spicy.

Or they might go back to the Other M control scheme because Nintendo seems like they're due for an insane and easily forseeable misstep. :v:

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Suspicious Cook posted:

Just wait until we find out that Metroid Prime 4 was the game From Software was working on this whole time.

I can't even joke about it because that would actually be a great fit

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Zore posted:

I'm fairly sure the Switch can't sync with Wiimotes so it'll be a normal FPS with maybe Splatoon-style gyro aiming if they're feeling spicy.

Or they might go back to the Other M control scheme because Nintendo seems like they're due for an insane and easily forseeable misstep. :v:

Yeah I'm hoping for separated joycons with right hand gyro aiming as an option at least.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Rexroom posted:

As someone who bought Disgaea with his Switch, I am all aboard the anime express

Granted I have seen literally nothing from XB2 aside from the Switch announcement video so I cannot say whether it will be good or not

Fancy Hat!
Dec 5, 2003

In spite of how he's dressed, he ain't nobody's fool.

Axel Serenity posted:

As someone who bought Disgaea with his Switch, I am all aboard the anime express

Granted I have seen literally nothing from XB2 aside from the Switch announcement video so I cannot say whether it will be good or not

There is a Xenoblade 2 segment from a direct a couple months ago that explains the game IN EXCRUCIATING DETAIL for atleast 10-15 minutes, so that's a good place to get an idea.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

uh i have been reliably informed that "waggle" is bad

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Zore posted:

except for maybe having a Nopon party member.

Tora looks like a fusion of Riki and Reyn and I'm going to be disappointed when his battle quips aren't as good as either of the two

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Playing XC1 a 'little bit' but finishing XCX twice is, like, the opposite of everyone else on the planet's experience with those two games.

Yeah I know. I started xb1, lent it to a friend because I got distracted by something and never finished it. I accidentally deleted my save for xcx moving files around and replayed it to do the post game stuff... which I never got around to anyway. :shrug:

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Fancy Hat! posted:

There is a Xenoblade 2 segment from a direct a couple months ago that explains the game IN EXCRUCIATING DETAIL for atleast 10-15 minutes, so that's a good place to get an idea.

I'm watching one right now and apparently a dragon turns into a cat that rides on Rex's back and this isn't doing much to dissuade me from slamming my credit card down

So far my only complaint are the clearly unfinished animations and textures? Seems like some of the world is too smooth or something

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Guys, this isnt the vita thread. You don’t have to pretend to be excited about anime games, because there are actual good games on the Switch.

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Smart and cool, handsome, wealthy and so sexy

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Guys, this isnt the vita thread. You don’t have to pretend to be excited about anime games, because there are actual good games on the Switch.

anime games are good dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Suspicious Cook posted:

Don't give up Chozo!
Try powersuit but hole

• Locked thread