Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will be your champions come Sunday Morning?
This poll is closed.
Bisping/Garbrandt/Jdrzejczyk 51 29.82%
Bisping/Garbrandt/Namajunas 8 4.68%
Bisping/Dillishaw/Jdrzejczyk 16 9.36%
Bisping/Dillishaw/Namajunas 3 1.75%
St. Pierre/Dillishaw/Namajunas 12 7.02%
St. Pierre/Garbrandt/Jdrzejczyk 62 36.26%
St. Pierre/Garbrandt/Namajunas 6 3.51%
St. Pierre/Dillishaw/Jdrzejczyk 13 7.60%
Total: 171 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

AND HERE. WE. GO!

https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/11/3/16601740/ufc-217-weigh-in-video

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

Cody makes weight

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

Hendricks prefaces his weigh-in with an excuse about why he's going to miss weight; and then he makes weight. Fucken rofl

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

Dillashaw makes weight as well.

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

Masvidal makes weight. No-one has missed so far.

EDIT: Bisping makes weight.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Fighters have until 11am ET to weigh in, and everyone who has weighed in so far did so successfully. There are only 3 fighters left who have not yet weighed in: GSP, Joanna Champion, and Wonderboy.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
GSP gonna lose

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Wonderboy made weight, 2 fighters left

edit: GSP made weight, we're now just waiting on Joanna

Rigel fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Nov 3, 2017

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

GSP makes weight.

It's hilarious how everyone forgets they need to hold a pose for a few moments after they make weight.

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

JJ always struggles to make weight. I wonder how long she'll resist the urge to jump to flyweight.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg

Brown Paper Bag posted:

JJ always struggles to make weight. I wonder how long she'll resist the urge to jump to flyweight.

She should be in the cage after the TUF finale

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

I'd love to see her fight Shevchenko for the flyweight title. Whoever wins TUF isn't going to successfully defend the belt.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Brown Paper Bag posted:

Yeah she's always been very upfront about 115 not being her ideal weight. Assuming she retains the 115 belt it's going to be interesting to see if she tries to hold and defend two belts or relinquishes the belt and goes all out for 125.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Brown Paper Bag posted:

Hendricks prefaces his weigh-in with an excuse about why he's going to miss weight; and then he makes weight. Fucken rofl

if he's harnessing irony as a tool against journalists: cool. if he accidentally made weight: also cool

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

OK, Ariel, enough.

Re-enacting Marilyn Monroe's "Happy Birthday Mr. President" the first time may have arguably been funny (it was not). The 2nd time was a bit weird, at this point you are now just being super-creepy.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

chaleski posted:

GSP actually seems to be the one p4p great who's immune to "always bad" status, which I think has something to do with his ridiculously good resume AND that he never went on a horrible end-of-career losing streak (yet)

I think the split decision win over Hendricks would have been the beginning of the decline, but he made the smart move and retired. However, I think he has enough left in the tank to beat Bisping one final time.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

15 minutes left, at this point its probably safe to assume that Joanna is having a difficult cut. Fighters don't voluntarily delay rehydration just for the hell of it.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

If Joanna can at least get to 116, then it sounds like NY will give her 2 more hours.

https://twitter.com/bokamotoESPN/status/926460524103073802

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

8mins left and still no sign of JJ.

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
That laugh

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

JJ makes weight.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Joanna makes weight right at 115.

Everyone is good to go, barring some kind of medical issue.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
For all the waiting she honestly looks probably the best she has weighing in in awhile.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
Yay! Man I feel like this card really snuck up on me.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

Le Saboteur posted:

For all the waiting she honestly looks probably the best she has weighing in in awhile.

Leading up to the fight she's looked to be in really good shape on social media.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Horse Inspector posted:

Who went Bisping/Dillashaw/Namajunas with me? Lets hang out, get married, buy a house and have three babies which we name Count, Killashaw and Rose.

oh yeah

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Trailer for the new EA UFC game, they've already got the MM suplex arm bar in there. https://twitter.com/ufc/status/926485034319667205

mewse
May 2, 2006

Conor hasn't fought MMA in a year. Impressive for a guy who hasn't defended 2 different belts

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

a guy on the cover with two belts, one he no longer owns, the other he will not defend

who has not fought in MMA this year and will not

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Le Saboteur posted:

Trailer for the new EA UFC game, they've already got the MM suplex arm bar in there. https://twitter.com/ufc/status/926485034319667205

hopefully they'll catch the muslim guys making the sign of the cross bug before it goes to release this time.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Josuke Higashikata posted:

a guy on the cover with two belts, one he no longer owns, the other he will not defend

who has not fought in MMA this year and will not

joe silva is spinning in his grave

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

mewse posted:

joe silva is spinning in his grave

Gimmie' all yer belts.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
This guys pants arent ever going to fall down...

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

The real life version of MM’s armbar looked more video game -like.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Work Friend Keven posted:

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Work Friend Keven posted:

-GSP

mewse
May 2, 2006

To recap how ludicrous this is:

After winning the 145 belt, conor fought nate diaz twice at 170 lbs, losing the first time, and then fought for the belt at 155 instead of defending 145. Then he took a year off MMA to make a bunch of money from a gimmick boxing match.

They put him and his two belts on the cover of this video game like he is the reigning champ of either of those divisions. He was stripped of his 145 belt and Tony Ferguson is the interim champ at 155.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
*nodding* yeah good point. I wish they had put a real champ on there like someone who weighs less than 130 lbs and is maybe 5'5" max.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Yeah that's really crazy they put the UFC's most popular fighter showing his greatest achievement on the marketing material. Should have been Werdum calling someone gay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mewse
May 2, 2006

• Locked thread