Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Wheany posted:

i drive my fancy expensive car through slums to troll the people who live there

iphone x: a glass mansion on a hill overlooking the ghetto

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
whole loadda those things got stolen

surely apple knows what serial numbers on what truck and can prevent those phones from being activated at all?

Laslow
Jul 18, 2007
they could in theory let them activate and then use the gps info to reveal their location, but I doubt they care that much.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
stolen iphone xs

300 of the mongrels

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
if you don’t like the lack of touchid and such on the iphonex here’s a good idea buy the iphone 8

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate
Touch ID is garbage in winter and I have to cycle new thumbprints constantly because of my dry hands or if I moisturize them.

Trashman
Sep 11, 2000

You trash eating stink bag!
Fun Shoe

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

if you don’t like the lack of touchid and such on the iphonex here’s a good idea buy the iphone 8

yeah this. iPhone 8 owns and no doubt second edition of iPhone X will also own.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

sonatinas posted:

Touch ID is garbage in winter and I have to cycle new thumbprints constantly because of my dry hands or if I moisturize them.

you're touching it wrong

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Chris Knight posted:

you're touching it wrong

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

echinopsis posted:

whole loadda those things got stolen

surely apple knows what serial numbers on what truck and can prevent those phones from being activated at all?

they probably don't know right now, but it's easily traceable, at which point they will just blacklist the imeis and that'll be that. they'll just be used for parts.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Trashman posted:

yeah this. iPhone 8 owns and no doubt second edition of iPhone X will also own.

touchid on the 8 is ridiculously fast and good

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

sonatinas posted:

http://www.okeeffescompany.com/working-hands

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

i have multiple people in my family who did manual labor for their entire lives and have absolutely ruined their hands meaning touch id is more or less useless for them. they can set it up, but the failure rate is north of 50%. shame theyll never know the beauty of it.

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

sleepwalkers posted:

i have multiple people in my family who did manual labor for their entire lives and have absolutely ruined their hands meaning touch id is more or less useless for them. they can set it up, but the failure rate is north of 50%. shame theyll never know the beauty of it.

the apple equivalent of that camera that can't recognize black ppl

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

sleepwalkers posted:

they should take up a life of crime

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

sonatinas posted:

your face is garbage too so

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

gee billy, how come your mom lets you have TWO batteries

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Linguica posted:

At least only one of them cannot be disassembled, punctured, crushed, heated, or burned.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

my former coworkers got their iphone x and apparently it is extremely cool + good

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
i tried the phone at the crapple store. its uncomfortable to hold in landscape because it’s too big. its gonna bomb hard imo

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

poty posted:

i tried the phone at the crapple store. its uncomfortable to hold in landscape because it’s too big. its gonna bomb hard imo

how is anything uncomfortable to hold in landscape?

it's still smaller than a psp, switch, vita, gameboy, any tablet ever, or a dimestore paperback

or do you only have one hand and im being dismissive of your disability

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

46.7 million iphones sold last quarter, mac sales hit a quarterly record of 5.4 million, ipad sales up 14% to 10.3 million, further proof that apple is rapidly declining by selling more products than they ever have and that tim cook is the worst ceo ever

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

to celebrate the x launch i got an SE from samart, following yospos advice. wow this thing is way more comfortable i cant believe i suffered with dumb china-sized phones for years (and i have freakishly huge hands)

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

to celebrate the x launch i got an SE from samart, following yospos advice. wow this thing is way more comfortable i cant believe i suffered with dumb china-sized phones for years (and i have freakishly huge hands)
Welcome to the #Resistance

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Linguica posted:

Welcome to the #Capacitance

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

qirex posted:

46.7 million iphones sold last quarter, mac sales hit a quarterly record of 5.4 million, ipad sales up 14% to 10.3 million, further proof that apple is rapidly declining by selling more products than they ever have and that tim cook is the worst ceo ever

The 10.5 iPad Pro owns.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

I'm getting an X2 next year when they release one that's the size of the 4.7" iPhone screen.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Linguica posted:

nothing bad about bigger/more batteries

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

akadajet posted:

nothing bad about bigger/more batteries

they thought different

top notch phone

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Grassy Knowles posted:

how is anything uncomfortable to hold in landscape?

it's still smaller than a psp, switch, vita, gameboy, any tablet ever, or a dimestore paperback

or do you only have one hand and im being dismissive of your disability

its nice that you ask i will be similarly kind and gloss over the obvious mental condition that distorts your reasoning to the point where using two hands to hold a phone is acceptable

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Wheany posted:

i drive my fancy expensive car through slums to troll the people who live there

isn't this how bonfire of the vanities starts

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
when can I buy an unlocked iPhone X from Apple?

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Astoundingly Ugly Baby posted:

when can I buy an unlocked iPhone X from Apple?

never I told them not to give you one

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

they thought different

top notch phone

if op's could rename they threads this would be the iPhone thread name right now

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

cis autodrag posted:

never I told them not to give you one

oh. that’s cool then. didn’t want one anyway :colbert:

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

nice!

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Linguica posted:

*snort*

Laslow
Jul 18, 2007
it’s smaller than my Plus with the same amount of screen real estate. exactly what I was buying it for. all the gestures, awful app and skee-ball function fine.

I’m sure when I use the camera people will just love the 95 megabyte attachments. and I’m never using face id because that’s dumb.

4/5 because of the one spec of dust under my screen protector.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

Laslow posted:

screen protector.

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison