Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Kirios posted:

I bought the Chron newspaper of them winning. Gonna frame that forever

I can't even find one anywhere. I went to ten different gas stations and book shops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I ordered it off of chron.com.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Kirios posted:

I bought the Chron newspaper of them winning. Gonna frame that forever

My girlfriend framed my copy of the Chicago Tribune cover for me, it's great.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I can't even find one anywhere. I went to ten different gas stations and book shops.

Did the old school thing of being a daily subscriber to the Chronicle. Was delivered to my doorstep.

Wondering what I should include in a frame.

I went to 5 playoff games, have 3 towels and 2 clappers (I think I lost some of the ticket stubs). I have the ALDS, ALCS and World Series newspaper headlines. I have this Houston Strong shirt that went 11-1 in the playoffs. gently caress THIS TEAM AND THISPLAYOFF RUN WAS AWESOME.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Sab0921 posted:

Did the old school thing of being a daily subscriber to the Chronicle. Was delivered to my doorstep.

Wondering what I should include in a frame.

I went to 5 playoff games, have 3 towels and 2 clappers (I think I lost some of the ticket stubs). I have the ALDS, ALCS and World Series newspaper headlines. I have this Houston Strong shirt that went 11-1 in the playoffs. gently caress THIS TEAM AND THISPLAYOFF RUN WAS AWESOME.

I took Kirios' lead and ordered the heavy stock versions off the Chron website. I think I'll frame those with the rally towel and maybe my tickets? I wish I had real stub style tickets instead of these printouts.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I took Kirios' lead and ordered the heavy stock versions off the Chron website. I think I'll frame those with the rally towel and maybe my tickets? I wish I had real stub style tickets instead of these printouts.

Same - I think only season ticket holders got real tickets. The only real tickets I have are for ALCS Game 2 because they're from a season ticket holder.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Got a ton of pics. Will post later after I drink

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

this guy is all of us

https://twitter.com/ShooterMcbaggin/status/926544642061062145

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Why are they doing the anthem at the victory rally?

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

Intruder posted:

Why are they doing the anthem at the victory rally?

Because patriotism is now a stupid dick waving contest about how much you love and respect the national anthem and military - so basically Republicans. Glad the crowd booed the gently caress out of Greg Abbott and Dan Patrick (they also booed the gently caress out of Sheila Jackson Lee).

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Sab0921 posted:

Glad the crowd booed the gently caress out of Greg Abbott and Dan Patrick (they also booed the gently caress out of Sheila Jackson Lee).

God bless (the tolerable parts of) Texas.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Intruder posted:

I love my av but Correa going nuts after the Bregman walkoff would be amazing

Done!

spaced ninja
Apr 10, 2009

Toilet Rascal
https://mobile.twitter.com/AlanEnokian/status/926558786827030528

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Amazing. Thanks

e: Prior to The Incident I probably would have asked for Yuli going super saiyan :v:

Intruder fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Nov 4, 2017

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

PrinceRandom posted:

Gattis.
I hope it's properly sexy

DONE!

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Oh my...

:stwoon:

e: I have to say the Houston Strong patches are a nice touch

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.
Wow these are great pretty damned awesome

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Intruder posted:

Doesn't matter in game 7

I hope Marwin hits a monstrous double that would score 99% of runners from first so I can watch McCann jog into third as the ball reaches the infield

This is my favorite post I made through the entire playoffs

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OSV4y1vJ7E

Musgrove catches a beer from a parking garage and chugs it. Go Stros.

Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

THE BANK IS OPEN
Hey guys, remember that time the Astro's won the motherfucking WORLD SERIES?

I literally love you all

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

George Springer's WS line was amazing. .379/.471/1.000

Let me check Sir Barrold of Bonds

.471/.700/1.294

:stare::stare::stare::stare::stare:

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

Intruder posted:

George Springer's WS line was amazing. .379/.471/1.000

Let me check Sir Barrold of Bonds

.471/.700/1.294

:stare::stare::stare::stare::stare:

What's Springer's line if you remove his 4 K game 1?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Barrold still better

It becomes .440/.533/1.160

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

Intruder posted:

Barrold still better

It becomes .440/.533/1.160

Roid Bonds is loving insane and the unquestionably the GOAT.

There are probably beer league softball players who cant touch his 2004 OPS in Major League Baseball -1.422 across a season of MLB.

However, this is the Astro Lounge, where 1.201 is the only number to beat. Bagwell's OPS in 1994.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The number to meet or beat is one ring, which Barrold failed to do :smug:

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

Intruder posted:

The number to meet or beat is one ring, which Barrold failed to do :smug:

Judge not lest ye be judged.

Our saviors Jeffery Robert Bagwell and Craig Alan Biggio ended their careers of service to our great city with no rings. The Giants have won many rings in the post-Barrold era.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I hated the Bagwell trade when I was younger because Glenn "The Big Bopper" Davis was my favorite Astro

Davis would be traded for Steve Finley, Pete Harnisch and Curt Schilling

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I may not have been able to celebrate the night of but I've downed a bottle of champagne and a pint of mead.

It's finally starting to set in that, yes, the Astros won the World Series and it can never be taken away from us.

Gentlemen, we're going to remember this for the rest of our lives. Cherish this moment.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

Intruder posted:

I hated the Bagwell trade when I was younger because Glenn "The Big Bopper" Davis was my favorite Astro

Davis would be traded for Steve Finley, Pete Harnisch and Curt Schilling

Bagwell giveth and taketh away. He took away your favorite player, but gave us a future. However, is it Bagwell that is ultimately responsible for Schilling's current position as a MAGA twitter troll? Had Bagwell been bad, Davis doesn't get Wally Pipp'd, Schilling never comes to Houston and never exposed to the 1992 RNC in the Astrodome which I have just made up to be Schilling's first exposure to right wing politics?

My Bagwell story is that he bought our table a bottle of champagne at Hugo's once. I got him to autograph it. He made a crack about how only dudes my age come up to him and never women. That bottle is still displayed very prominently in my house. Jeff Bagwell is awesome.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Hahahaha oh my god these own so hard. I hope my McCann av involves food and/or running

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

Sab0921 posted:

As far as changes that need to be made, I think we have to put Bregman and Yuli at 1&2 and move Springer back to 5 or 6 - he is lost up there right now (and was throughout the Yankees series as well). He's hurting the team when the leadoff guy is basically Adam Everett up there. Also, we need Gattis' bat. Hinch has to get his mind around the double switch. When McCann was up in the 7th, Gattis should have gone in at that point and caught the remainder of the game.

Deepest apologies Mr. Springer, I will never doubt you again.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

well this is absolutely perfect.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
The Astros won the World Series y'all idk if you heard

Watching game 5 again just hit the Correa HR

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.
Pretty funny 2 minutes for Springer, Altuve, Bregman on SNL last night.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

In my drunken exuberance after reading this thread at 3 am after coming back from Main St. I apparently requested a Charlie Morton avatar that had already been claimed. For that action, I deeply apologize. b0ng, and all other Astro-posters, I am ashamed of my actions and will use this as a learning experience moving forward.

That being said, I still want a cool 'Stros World Series av! So, to the extent any Astro is not claimed, I'll take em. Maybe Brian McCann as the baseball fun police. My wife decided Brian McCann was her favorite player through the postseason because of his soothing skills with pitchers. She brought a "Yes we McCann" poster to the parade and everything.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Sorry for the delay. Here's the best of all my parade pictures.

https://imgur.com/a/xrhEz

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Springer's on a pretty nice truck

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Sab0921 posted:

In my drunken exuberance after reading this thread at 3 am after coming back from Main St. I apparently requested a Charlie Morton avatar that had already been claimed. For that action, I deeply apologize. b0ng, and all other Astro-posters, I am ashamed of my actions and will use this as a learning experience moving forward.

That being said, I still want a cool 'Stros World Series av! So, to the extent any Astro is not claimed, I'll take em. Maybe Brian McCann as the baseball fun police. My wife decided Brian McCann was her favorite player through the postseason because of his soothing skills with pitchers. She brought a "Yes we McCann" poster to the parade and everything.

We cool fam!

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.

For everyone’s information, SI is reprinting the original 2014 issue and it’s available for purchase. It’s a 1:1 copy of the original, too - nothing indicating that it’s a reprint. Should knock down those $400+ prices on eBay. I’m getting the reprint and the above magazine framed in a single custom frame, really looking forward to it.

• Locked thread