Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Founders Raptor any good? I got one with a +10% dmg and guaranteed affliction status for a level 5 perk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBlandName
Feb 5, 2012

Seditiar posted:

Each weapon has its own headshot multiplier. Shotgun only gets +10% damage on headshots, so just going for center mass is best with them. Shredder Sniper Rifle falls under Sniper Rifles so ignores this (iirc sniper rifle is 50 or 75% headshot bonus).

I don't use shotguns ever, there's like 2 different good ones though, but really only for Chargers. Especially later on where random Charger waves can pop up, which shits out like 15-30 Chargers over a minute. I believe the Backbreaker is really good and Room Sweeper(?). From what I've heard anyway.

To add to this, headshot multiplier is uniquely defined for every weapon. But the numbers have all been chosen so that similar* weapons firing at full speed with 100% headshot rates will have equal DPS up until the weapon needs to reload. So, uh, to bottom line it a higher headshot multiplier is a bad thing. Aaand weapons that need to reload frequently are a bad thing. (Most sniper rifles have 100% extra damage on headshot, and if you take into account the footnote they are 2nd class weapons for every target except lobbers.)

*Equal range, equal knockback. Guns with more knockback do less damage. Guns with more range do less damage.

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Founders Raptor any good? I got one with a +10% dmg and guaranteed affliction status for a level 5 perk
The first question applies to all non-sniper rifles.
Does it have any type of elemental damage? If no it's going to be increasingly lovely past the second map region.

Raptor specific:
The gun is semi-automatic and has a large headshot multiplier, but it's still balanced around being fired at full speed and with full headshots.
Can you reliably fire the weapon 8 times a second with full headshots? If yes it's decent but unspectacular with a significant flaw of using medium bullets for the same damage as light bullet guns. If no you're falling way behind on damage compared to the "balance point."

So, what I mean is, Raptor is a bad weapon type that only exists to make it harder to roll good weapons. It will be fine and fun for the first two world regions, which takes you up to power level 40 or so. It's not going to be pleasant trying to use it for the last half of the game.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Interesting.

I have a Legendary Tigerjaw (auto shotty)and Legendary Maverick (double barrel).

Am I better off with, say, my Rare sniper rifle that upgrades to water damage?

Edit:. Okay my legendary double barrel shotgun seems to have good perks.

15% afflicted damage
15% stunned staggered, knocked down
22.5% reload speed
60% crit damage
Changes to fire damage

Gumbel2Gumbel fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Nov 4, 2017

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
What perks do you have on the Tigerjaw? It's a pretty great weapon in general and if it has an element it could be useful for a very long time.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

10% damage, 12% fire rate, 18% fire rate, 20% damage, 5 headshots in a row = 30%, damage increase

Pararoid
Dec 6, 2005

Te Waipounamu pride

A good stream. That last win was intense!

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)

Pararoid posted:

A good stream. That last win was intense!

Thanks man! Glad you stopped by :D

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Aw yeah, solod stonewood ssd 10. The only real challenging wave was to kill 800 enemies while it spawned a constant stream of lobbers. Mythic Ramirez is op as gently caress with those cluster+electric field grenades.

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

KILL-GORE

(and counting!)
Stream in 15 minutes!

https://www.twitch.tv/sigmahere

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

So my legendary double barrel shotgun is pretty neat! It needs more durability though, but it has a wide cone of CC impact.

I went from getting annihilated by those lanky laser beam shooting monsters to soloing them with Pathfinder Jess.

It probably wouldn't be great unless it was legendary with the decreased reload speed but it's a lot of fun!

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

So my legendary double barrel shotgun is pretty neat! It needs more durability though, but it has a wide cone of CC impact.

I went from getting annihilated by those lanky laser beam shooting monsters to soloing them with Pathfinder Jess.

It probably wouldn't be great unless it was legendary with the decreased reload speed but it's a lot of fun!

One of my favourites is a The Bear pump shotgun with 30% reload - it makes the single shell reload animation as fast as the fire rate, so you never ever have to stop shooting.

Blight Runner
May 3, 2009
So is there some new meta I don't know about with the wall/floor launchers? Every pub game I end up in uses them on every surface. I prefer things to die instead of having to baby sit an area before they take another swipe at the walls/floor. It's super frustrating to ask people to use deadly traps and they just ignore me for more pusher traps.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.

TheBlandName posted:

To add to this, headshot multiplier is uniquely defined for every weapon. But the numbers have all been chosen so that similar* weapons firing at full speed with 100% headshot rates will have equal DPS up until the weapon needs to reload. So, uh, to bottom line it a higher headshot multiplier is a bad thing. Aaand weapons that need to reload frequently are a bad thing.
Source for math? Everything seems to melt vs my deathstalker (surgical triple shot rifle) way more than most other guns I've tried, and it has 100% headshot.

It's also easier to headshot forever and at most combat distances while scoped since that always makes the cone of fire really small seemingly regardless of how much it's fired. So maybe that's it. Non scopes seem to bloom more in my experience. Scoped weapons have higher headshot. Considering my two winningest strategies are either kill everything while it's far away from the base, or just focus on anything not a regular or a jumper and letting gas traps handle those so I can neutralize the real threats, being able to reliably hit for fullish damage (not into the serious reduction from range) at almost max spitter distance is very useful.

And medium bullets don't matter too much when you can 1 shot huskies, 3 shot the laserfaces, and 1 center mass spitters with decent team bonuses, which is working fine so far into canny. Assuming ammo would even be a problem anyway. I can craft about 40k medium bullets right at the moment, but I don't need to very often anyway.

I don't doubt that weapons with low headshot are often better up close when not headshotting reliably, but you can also use the surgical rifle scope ridiculously close. Bolt sniper is a bit harder to do that with, but it also more obviously falls behind unless you're lancing rows of husks with each shot to multiply the damage.

Kylra fucked around with this message at 09:14 on Nov 5, 2017

Leif.
Mar 27, 2005

Son of the Defender
Formerly Diplomaticus/SWATJester

Blight Runner posted:

So is there some new meta I don't know about with the wall/floor launchers? Every pub game I end up in uses them on every surface. I prefer things to die instead of having to baby sit an area before they take another swipe at the walls/floor. It's super frustrating to ask people to use deadly traps and they just ignore me for more pusher traps.

1) launcher traps tend to make the wall take less damage.
2) launcher traps are significantly cheaper to make, parts wise, than almost anything else.
3) If the enemy goes into an inescapable pit, they despawn. On any objective where husks can be forced to walk within 1 square of a building (that you can destroy and use the basement for a pit), they are objectively better than almost any other trap.
4) As a corollary to points 1 and 3, it tends to cluster husks together making them easier to kill.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Yeah, I wouldn't coat a long wall with deadly traps. Kill porch design is my first goto, or failing that it's usually launchers everywhere/ let the pubs waste all their stuff on a horribly inefficient design. No way am I spending 20x what is required because the team won't funnel properly.

Also really fun is knocking smashers into pits with launchers. Quickest smasher kills possible with traps I'm pretty sure.

Kylra fucked around with this message at 08:50 on Nov 5, 2017

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

Leif. posted:

1) launcher traps tend to make the wall take less damage.
2) launcher traps are significantly cheaper to make, parts wise, than almost anything else.
3) If the enemy goes into an inescapable pit, they despawn. On any objective where husks can be forced to walk within 1 square of a building (that you can destroy and use the basement for a pit), they are objectively better than almost any other trap.
4) As a corollary to points 1 and 3, it tends to cluster husks together making them easier to kill.

On top of that, dead Husks respawn almost instantly, ones that keep getting knocked back won't. Well, they won't until they die. I.e. you're wasting a lot less ammo/weapon durability.

That being said, I prefer having 1-3 knockbacks per side if there's no pit, then deadly stuff before it. The more classic TD setup if you will.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Is there a good video on trap design? I can't really follow this conversation that well

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Is there a good video on trap design? I can't really follow this conversation that well

You can plant this at the top of any ramp you want, it's very basic but it'll get the job done. I built 1 of these in every single wave in Horde Bash, sometimes 2 (from the leftovers of a few waves), I also build them in all Twine Peaks maps. Do use stone or metal though, wood isn't strong enough but I didn't want to waste other resources on a useless spot in my SSD.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01dZQ8TqzeA

The wall dart traps will never overlap, and 1 of them will help cleaning up outside of the box as well. Gas Traps to get rid of basically anything except specials, Husky Husks (the fat ones) usually don't get through either, depending on how many traps can blast them. The little walls are there to slow them down some more + block as much damage from a charger as possible. The Wall Launcher(s) will throw them back out, giving your other traps more time to re-arm again.

There's some in-depth guides out there, but honestly, it's overkill. It's nice to know how the AI works in general lines, but other than that not really needed. FYI: you can't redirect Husks for more than 3-4 tiles with a single wall. You can however make multiple boxes. You basically make half floors (which gives a wall halfway in the floor), put stairs on top of it + 4 walls around the floor + a roof. Then repeat, I've successfully redirected Husks up to 5-6 tiles that way. But again, overkill unless you're doing huge missions like SSDs or a Survive the Storm 14 day mission. The latter was a limited time event, so not really applicable.

E: The gas traps are really strong, but obviously have a huge downside: it activates the gas cans from the Husks. Make sure you have your stone/metal walls at level 3 + a constructor buff and they'll survive 2-3 hits depending on how much time there is between explosions. Stay on top of repairs and you'll literally only have to worry about Lobbers/Chargers. Chargers usually make it through with 50-60% health left.

Seditiar fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Nov 5, 2017

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

That's awesome thanks for putting that online for me. What should I level up my traps to? Schematics seem pretty rare for me and I only have some blue level 10's. Or should I wait for a purple drop?

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

That's awesome thanks for putting that online for me. What should I level up my traps to? Schematics seem pretty rare for me and I only have some blue level 10's. Or should I wait for a purple drop?

You're welcome. :)

To answer your question: I'd personally upgrade Wall Darts (no nuts and bolts either) as high as possible of your area. I.e. 10 in Stonewood, 20 in Plankerton. Once you've done that and have more experience/materials to dump: Floor Spikes, then Wall Launchers, then Wall Dynamos, then Gas traps.

I almost exclusively use Ceiling Gas, Wall Darts, Wall Dynamo, Floor Spikes and Wall Launcher traps. Almost everyone does the same in Twine Peaks. Some use the Ceiling Electrical Field traps, which is basically the same as Gas Trap, but they probably had a way better rolled Electrical trap than Gas trap. Wall Spikes are useless, Wall Dynamos are only good on walls that do not get hit by Husks. Your "main" box (the big walls around your objective) are usually spammed with Wall Launchers by everyone, keeps the damage on the main objective walls to a minimum and easier to clean up Husks.

Wall Launchers do not use Nuts and Bolts, it's one of the major reasons why they're so popular. It's also the reason why Gas Traps/Floor Spikes aren't used as often, but they do a ton of damage so it's definitely worth it to place a few here and there. If you're low on Nuts and Bolts, I suggest using only 1 Gas trap and only 1 Floor Spike in your small boxes, and on the last spot. That way they won't activate as often, only when needed. This also reduces the chance of activating gas cans dramatically, because the wall dynamo + 1 wall dart trap will clean most of the Husks before the gas trap is activated.

I don't have any experience with the Halloween traps, Freezing/Tires. I've done about 20 missions since the Halloween event and I've never seen anyone use one. I imagine the freezing traps are pretty great at the end of the line, though.

Fake edit as I almost forgot: Floor Launchers are great as well, but require a bit more setup. Place a floor + wall like this: _| and then a 2 tile elevated roof: \ Place it on top of the wall, that way they'll get launched by your floor launcher trap, then bounced off the angled roof and down into the pit, off the ramp or whatever. Very effective as well, but they do use nuts and bolts, so they're a lot less popular.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Cool! I'm going to play around with it a bit today. What's the best way to determine where husks are coming from? The purple spots on the radar before you start the event?

Do patrol wards do anything?

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Cool! I'm going to play around with it a bit today. What's the best way to determine where husks are coming from? The purple spots on the radar before you start the event?

Do patrol wards do anything?

Purple spots + wind directions. Often there's a ramp to a hill without summoning stones, it's best to build a wall block (like above mentioned) on the bottom of the ramp, while walking backwards up the hill. Then build another one on top, thay way you can often make better use of trap tunnels because you suddenly shut down a huge area where they'd drop straight into your base. That's because Husks also take traps into account for the quickest/safest path.

Later on, storms can swap directions, if people want to stay within build limit, you can only build 2-4 trap tunnels, try to find the best spots. These are usually next to ramps and/or natural walls (like solid rock).

Edit: 2 months ago Spirit Wards were still bugged and didn't do poo poo. Not sure if they're bugged still.

Seditiar fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Nov 5, 2017

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Here's basic killporch style A:

Style B (I opened up a wall so you can see the shield relay being protected):

The important minimums are this:
1) the thinnest line of walls to attack must be at the kill porch. In these, it is one full metal wall in every case.
2) Gas trap on the kill porch ceiling.
3) Floor walls plus a wall of strength equivalent to the narrowest layer of walls blocking the non-porch areas.
4) Half walls to the sides of the kill porch to give more area for husks to attack so they don't go for the floor walls. If there's already 3-5 husks at the wall launcher spot, they'll overflow to the sides and avoid the gas trap if you don't have more wall for them to hit. As a bonus, they seems to extra hate half walls over short walls or floor walls for some reason and so will be even more prone to go to and stay in the gas trap area.
5) This covers about a 4 square distance on either side. Any longer than that and they tend to not path to the porch, so you'll need an extra porch. As well, I'd generally suggest a porch on opposite sides of an objective, so minimum recommended coverage for most objectives is 2 porches. The main exception is if there's a ramp layout that puts them incoming on only non-opposite sides.

Bells and whistles:
1) You can use spiral staircases pointed away from the building like in A to let you get on top of the building, but not husks. This way it doesn't shorten their path to use the stairs, and you don't need to spend on a vertical launcher.
2) Using floors (including floor walls) lets you jump over the half walls or the midlevel of a full spiral staircase at the porch reliably if you need to. Floor walls also seem to be a bit lower aggro priority than short walls.
3) You can line the walls behind floor walls with launchers just in case an accident happens.
4) You can layer short walls over the full walls and sploders won't blow them up as easily if you miss one.
5) Spike floor slows husks and gives more time for the wall launcher to activate and/or reload, which lowers repairs on hard maps.
6) If you want to crisp huskies better, you can add electric traps to the half walls, but I never bother wasting N&B on that. With the wall launcher they don't usually get to hit the inside wall too often, and the gas trap kills them in a round or two of launches if I don't.

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

Ive just won my first game of battle Royale.

I am still yet to kill anyone...

TheBlandName
Feb 5, 2012

Kylra posted:

Source for math? Everything seems to melt vs my deathstalker (surgical triple shot rifle) way more than most other guns I've tried, and it has 100% headshot.

I don't have a compiled source to link the math for you. But if you go to Whitesushi's spreadsheet and use the "DPS" column (which is single-clip DPS) and then multiply by 100%+headshot bonus you'll get numbers that are all within 5% DPS of similar weapons. So basically all similar weapons have the same peak performance, and the difference is in how much missing headshots fucks you, how much reloading fucks you, and how generally usable the weapon is. Semi-auto assault weapons with 4096 range are comparatively bad weapons because of this. There are assault weapons with 4096 range that reload more efficiently and don't require you to maintain exactly 8 clicks per second the entire time you fire. There's admittedly a few weapons that outperform in the single clip comparison, but those are also weapons that get hosed on all three categories of actual fighting conditions, so they're not worth talking about for general purposes.

Putting all that aside for the moment, perks matter more than base weapon type. Having energy damage on the first gun* you level is worth 32% more damage in a single perk slot. Having a specific element on the second gun you level is worth 50% more damage than your energy gun*. So you probably have good perks on the deathstalker and comparatively bad perks on everything else you've tried. But the conversation of "what perks are good" is long, drawn out, dependent on what other perks are on the gun, base gun type, and even as complicated as that is it boils down to "except for godly crit rolls all the good perks are even better on weapons with lower innate bonuses." So I don't bother comparing weapon bases with bad or no perk rolls because they're going to be lovely regardless. And THEN since a +24% headshot damage perk is better for a Terminator than your Deathstalker I'm going to call the Terminator the better base weapon type.

*Snipers don't need elemental damage because they all start at a 20% damage deficit in real conditions AND the good perks are less effective on them, so they'll never be at the top of the DPS chart. So they're only the best for shooting lobbers which are never elemental husks.

TLDR: Guns with bad perks will be fun until the end of Plankerton anyway. It's a computer game so I'm not worried about differences smaller than 5% or so, and I'm only talking about the weapons that are really worth comparing anyway (good perk rolls, elemental attribute at minimum for non-snipers). There's a handful of weapon base types so incredibly bad that even good perks won't save them, but why include them in any detailed analysis? The answer is going to be "still bad."

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

KILL-GORE

(and counting!)
WHAT????

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXfgPDeGmi4

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

One of the biggest differences with Sniper rifles is: they're fairly headshot dependent, but you can easily reach 80-100% headshot percentage in a game if you try hard. Even in burst fire, you'll get 75% headshot at best, and probably closer to 25-50%.

That being said, I've never really given shotguns a fair try, I might actually farm some Drops of Rain soon for one, I think I've got a few laying around.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

What a ride.

TheBlandName
Feb 5, 2012

Seditiar posted:

One of the biggest differences with Sniper rifles is: they're fairly headshot dependent, but you can easily reach 80-100% headshot percentage in a game if you try hard. Even in burst fire, you'll get 75% headshot at best, and probably closer to 25-50%.

That being said, I've never really given shotguns a fair try, I might actually farm some Drops of Rain soon for one, I think I've got a few laying around.

Doesn't matter. I'm already assuming 100% headshot rate and snipers still have 20% lower DPS when accounting for reloads. Never mind that the situations you most need to squeeze every drop of DPS are when things are hectic enough that you're not getting 100% headshots because you have to shoot the back of a charger or similar. Even with a perfect player snipers are bad DPS guns unless your sniper has 0.01%er perk rolls and all your other choices are trash tier. (Harder than you think, because perks are less effective on snipers to begin with.)

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
Just picked this game up, Battle Royale is really fun, Co-Op seems fun too but why the gently caress is the stats/levelling so complicated and confusing?

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

Just picked this game up, Battle Royale is really fun, Co-Op seems fun too but why the gently caress is the stats/levelling so complicated and confusing?

Progress through skill trees, only level up purple/orange stuff usually, defenders don't matter, match your survivor leaders to professions and level them up first because survivors are important.

Also only ever use soldier commandos and dragon ninjas unless you're farming with a Pathfinder Jess.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

My Deathstalker does have good rolls (see below), but it was mowing stuff even before I really got those rolling. It definitely chews through stuff faster than an equal level Hydra at anything not in near-melee range since the hydra still blooms quite a bit, has noticeably more damage dropoff from range, and has a good bit more recoil. It's also probably worth noting that the 4.8 shots/s fire rate on the deathstalker is burst total. You can actually only click it a bit faster than 1 shot/s, which is a pretty relaxed and easy to keep up with pace. I still use both guns though, but I tend to use the deathstalker more.

I'd also swear you can headshot smashers at the top of their back kind of like how you can headshot the faces draped down a husk's back even though it's not really the head. But, thinking about it it might just be criticals, so I'll have to doublecheck this better with a volunteer test smasher later.

Ultimately though, while I agree with the general assessment that true snipers tend to have an overspecialized role and that many of the semi-autos are too much of a pain to fire consistently, I don't think just going all short range shotguns and auto pistols only because they have the highest theoretical DPS when your gun is clipping through the back of a smasher is quite the most correct answer.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I'm gonna try the free PS4 version out tonight. Anyone who wants to help out my non-PUBG playing rear end, my PSN's "zerodrone". :)

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Just doublechecked and you cannot headshot smashers from the back. Having 60% crit rate on my weapon just kind of made it look like it.

But like, even at power 50 they get downed so fast I don't really feel the need for 20% more point blank non-headshot damage or whatever. They barely ever make it more than 5-10 seconds after coming into view of everyone. Hell, if Goin' Commando is up, I can just melt them in a couple seconds solo. Maybe it changes by twine peaks and that's when the horror story starts, but everyone said canny would be the wall and I'm still just melting through everything and taking first place more often than not in the first third of canny right now. The only thing that really makes me pause at the moment is soloing my storm shield defenses.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Are weapon spawns really so predictable? Even if I jump and land literally as fast as possible, within literally 1 second I see messages about players eliminating each other. Even if you knew for certain where a weapon was, it doesn't seem like that would be doable. And I'm not sure I like being able to see where other players are choosing to land, takes away a massive amount of the mystery and feels too "metagamey". Seems like it would be a lot more fun if everyone started at a random spot that is guaranteed to be a certain distance from others, or just let players choose their spawn point and remove the tedious plane-jumping part entirely.

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

KILL-GORE

(and counting!)
First time i've ever died to a bush camper in over 600 games, feels bad man :argh:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

precision posted:

Are weapon spawns really so predictable? Even if I jump and land literally as fast as possible, within literally 1 second I see messages about players eliminating each other. Even if you knew for certain where a weapon was, it doesn't seem like that would be doable. And I'm not sure I like being able to see where other players are choosing to land, takes away a massive amount of the mystery and feels too "metagamey". Seems like it would be a lot more fun if everyone started at a random spot that is guaranteed to be a certain distance from others, or just let players choose their spawn point and remove the tedious plane-jumping part entirely.

Tons of people jump out the instant the doors open and they aim straight at the ground. Landing where you know items will spawn means you're going to kill or be killed very fast.

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

Kylra posted:

Just doublechecked and you cannot headshot smashers from the back. Having 60% crit rate on my weapon just kind of made it look like it.

But like, even at power 50 they get downed so fast I don't really feel the need for 20% more point blank non-headshot damage or whatever. They barely ever make it more than 5-10 seconds after coming into view of everyone. Hell, if Goin' Commando is up, I can just melt them in a couple seconds solo. Maybe it changes by twine peaks and that's when the horror story starts, but everyone said canny would be the wall and I'm still just melting through everything and taking first place more often than not in the first third of canny right now. The only thing that really makes me pause at the moment is soloing my storm shield defenses.

Canny isn't too bad, although level 64+ missions can start spawning charger waves iirc. It'll also start making GBS threads elemental chargers.

Canny also got fixed for the most part, probably about 2 months ago.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

I only just got to Plankerton but I enjoy bolt action snipers because the bullets pierce. Husks spread out as they approach you but at a distance they go single file and if they start piling up on a wall or survivor's RV they sit in a nice line (if you shoot from the side). I think my best shot has been 4 things killed in one bullet so far but the game doesn't actually seem to track those. A head shot usually stuns most high health things for a second. I only dislike the sniper rifle for the midget husks, but that's what my other two weapon slots are for.

I'm sure I'll find out shortly if my current weapon loadout isn't feasible through Plankerton!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Rexxed posted:

I only just got to Plankerton but I enjoy bolt action snipers because the bullets pierce. Husks spread out as they approach you but at a distance they go single file and if they start piling up on a wall or survivor's RV they sit in a nice line (if you shoot from the side). I think my best shot has been 4 things killed in one bullet so far but the game doesn't actually seem to track those. A head shot usually stuns most high health things for a second. I only dislike the sniper rifle for the midget husks, but that's what my other two weapon slots are for.

I'm sure I'll find out shortly if my current weapon loadout isn't feasible through Plankerton!

Did you finish Fortnitemares? The extra pinatas are killer for better heroes and weapons.

• Locked thread