Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I got 666 moons in my ship and since then I've just been using the warp portraits to get around so I don't ruin the meme number

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)

Dr Cheeto posted:

I got 666 moons in my ship and since then I've just been using the warp portraits to get around so I don't ruin the meme number

Heck yea

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Do you have to take a Jaxi to the top of the Inverted Pyramid somehow to fix there being a missing statue? I got the moon for taking him to visit the lonely statue by the oasis so now I'm thinking.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Do you have to take a Jaxi to the top of the Inverted Pyramid somehow to fix there being a missing statue? I got the moon for taking him to visit the lonely statue by the oasis so now I'm thinking.

The is a Jaxi station on top of the pyramid

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Dr Cheeto posted:

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

Dr Cheeto posted:

I'm going to need to find more warp portals because I just got 420.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Dr Cheeto posted:

The is a Jaxi station on top of the pyramid
I'm gonna be honest, I don't know how to turn one of them into an actual Jaxi - there's just a bench and a sign? (might be one there already I haven't checked this specific one recently)

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I'm gonna be honest, I don't know how to turn one of them into an actual Jaxi - there's just a bench and a sign? (might be one there already I haven't checked this specific one recently)

Walk up to the sign and there should be an A button prompt to call the Jaxi

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Failed for an hour last night on Darker, got it third try this morning. Turns out the trick is wear a wedding dress.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)

Nephzinho posted:

Failed for an hour last night on Darker, got it third try this morning. Turns out the trick is wear a wedding dress.

Isn't it always

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
is there any way to fight the broodals again? i mean, for like the 3rd time. i wanna fight the mecha again in bowser's kingdom because that and the fight music owned. i haven't found a painting for it tho. i dont have darker unlocked yet.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Vikar Jerome posted:

is there any way to fight the broodals again? i mean, for like the 3rd time. i wanna fight the mecha again in bowser's kingdom because that and the fight music owned. i haven't found a painting for it tho. i dont have darker unlocked yet.

You can repeat the boss rush on Dark whenever you want. That's the only way.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I think you have to find Jaxi by the town and pay him $30 before he'll come to arbitrary Jaxi stops.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
This moon where you have to roll on the edge of the Wood Kingdom beginning area and get the music notes is BRUTAL drat

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Poopy Palpy posted:

I think you have to find Jaxi by the town and pay him $30 before he'll come to arbitrary Jaxi stops.

This is correct

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Regy Rusty posted:

drat it. ah well, i really liked the fireworks and the colours and craziness. good thing you can blast through a new game quickly enough, game is too good to get mad about.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Regy Rusty posted:

There's also a 2nd power line that appears that takes you instantly to the RoboBrood fight.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Dr. Fetus posted:

There's also a 2nd power line that appears that takes you instantly to the RoboBrood fight.

Oh I didn't know that. That's cool

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
I'm late to the party on finishing the main story but the ending owns and sorry but Mario is anime now.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

:toot: What an amazing game. All that's left to do is to max out the Moon Counter and beat Bowser one last time.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

It would be pretty cool if this game didn't freeze up all the time. It took me 5 tries to accept my multimoon from the snow race because it kept locking up.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Harlock posted:

It would be pretty cool if this game didn't freeze up all the time. It took me 5 tries to accept my multimoon from the snow race because it kept locking up.

That sounds like an issue with your copy of the game or your Switch. I haven't had any crashes at all in the game.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Just found the new donk city scooter challenge stage. That was...significantly easier than up on the moon. :shepface:

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Dr. Fetus posted:

That sounds like an issue with your copy of the game or your Switch. I haven't had any crashes at all in the game.

Yea I’m at 400 moons and haven’t had a single issue of any kind.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I've been asking around and other people have been reporting similar software crashes

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Dr. Fetus posted:

:toot: What an amazing game. All that's left to do is to max out the Moon Counter and beat Bowser one last time.

Will the sail turn gold if you simply hit that number or do you have to specifically get the moons the hard way? I wish I hadn't bought the 10 from the store to see what that was about cause I feel like I cheated my moon count by ten :( I wanted to get the non-maxing out amount legitimately

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Macaluso posted:

Will the sail turn gold if you simply hit that number or do you have to specifically get the moons the hard way? I wish I hadn't bought the 10 from the store to see what that was about cause I feel like I cheated my moon count by ten :( I wanted to get the non-maxing out amount legitimately

I have no idea, since I didn't buy any extra Moons until after I got every other Moon first.

And with that, I've done everything in the game. Including the harder final boss. What an amazing game. Nintendo really knocked it out of the park this year.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Macaluso posted:

No.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Cool thanks :)

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I feel like I've been all over every map head to toe about 50 times at this point but somehow I'm still missing two warp paintings and a bunch of hint art.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Got all the moons. Just googled for help on the last 3 or 4. Jump rope was easy, bird moons are the real ones that can gently caress off

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Luncheon kingdom kind of sucks.

Klisejo
Apr 13, 2006

Who else see da' Leprechaun say YEAH!

Harlock posted:

Is Odyssey installed on your SD card? Might check that if it is.

edit: Also you can go into the System menu->manage software->Super Mario Odyssey->scroll down to the bottom->Check for Corrupt Data

Klisejo fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Nov 4, 2017

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Motto posted:

Just found the new donk city scooter challenge stage. That was...significantly easier than up on the moon. :shepface:
High five, did the second one first brother :shepicide:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Zomg dark souls

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

veni veni veni posted:

On the other hand, it doesn't.

I don't think any of the kingdoms suck. Lake and Snow kingdom are the weakest for me but I just don't care for water or snow levels in general.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

veni veni veni posted:

You suck :mad:

Don't insult the perfect fork boys.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Luncheon kingdom just got on my nerves. Cool to look at but it was kind of a pain.

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

God, gently caress these bouncing ice races. The timing for high or low bounces seems to be completely random, and a single bad bounce fucks up the whole race :bang:

e: and of course as soon I post that I beat it.

Dad Jokes fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Nov 5, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

I liked the Luncheon Kingdom for being a really interesting take on a lava level. Both gameplay and aesthetically-wise.

• Locked thread