Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

They also have the TV show or whatever coming out so I suppose they want that to look the best?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

After six years a fan finished the Rhinestone Eyes video from the storyboards we got, and it's pretty drat impressive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-iPq3qWeQQ

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Yeah, that almost looks like an official music video. Had you not said anything, I would have thought it was one.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

So apparently Damon's planning on doing The Fall again but better during this tour? :shrug:

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
extremely hosed up that while Gorillaz has had Danny Brown, Vince Staples, and Danny Brown and Vince Staples as openers on this tour, the show I'm gonna see in Atlanta has loving DRAM instead

I mean I like DRAM but gently caress I saw him in a small venue in Brooklyn and he was fine and I really don't need to see him as a depressing arena show opener no one cares about

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Dram rules

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I was happy with Vince Staples but I would have loved to see DRAM

HeavingGirth
Oct 6, 2014

Danny Brown and Vince Staples were pretty amazing openers, so I understand that frustration.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I'd really like a bsides album, particularly so we get cut stuff like the "Leviathan" song they did with The Horrors for Plastic Beach

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

DLC Inc posted:

I'd really like a bsides album, particularly so we get cut stuff like the "Leviathan" song they did with The Horrors for Plastic Beach

Wait.. what? The Horrors are so good. Their new album is brilliant. How did I miss this?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
I was at the concert in SF on wednesday, and holy poo poo, that was one of the most fun shows I've been to. Danny Brown was a great opener

Though, is there a reason why they didn't do Feel Good? My friend was saying something about rights

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches

Dugong posted:

Wait.. what? The Horrors are so good. Their new album is brilliant. How did I miss this?
There were 70 songs that were recorded but never released for Plastic Beach. [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tnn5fwZ4Qo]this is the track with The Horrors (it also featured Gruff Rhys)[/ur]

I was fortunate enough to get to see them a second time this tour in LA the other day. Best concert I've ever been to.

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

The stairs lead down in both directions.

Saw them live last night. Killer show. Amazing energy from the audience. I was a little disappointed that they didn't play Feel Good but it was still one of the best shows I've ever seen. I was surprised that they played Sex Murder Party considering that it's probably one of the less interesting songs they have ever released but I do admit that it sounds much better live. DRAM did great as the opener but I wish I could have seen Danny Brown. Attrocity Exhibition was one of the best records to come out last year and I would have loved to hear some of it live.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Saw them last night in Austin and they loving played re-hash. I’m dead

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoAxRICB9j8

Another new track off the boxset

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

XIII posted:

Another new track off the boxset

I just looked this up, and it's loving $500 on Amazon? What the gently caress?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Yeah, I’m waiting/hoping for an H-Sides album to be announced, because as much as I love Damon... I am not spending three times what I paid for a concert ticket to see them.

As for the new track, I found it pretty enjoyable, especially the second half.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Regalingualius posted:

Yeah, I’m waiting/hoping for an H-Sides album to be announced, because as much as I love Damon... I am not spending three times what I paid for a concert ticket to see them.

As for the new track, I found it pretty enjoyable, especially the second half.

I know I could find these tracks online, but I do also like to buy my music and "own" it. But yeah, I would prefer it as another $15 (max) CD than something ridiculous. I already have the G-Sides and D-Sides albums, so just put out another.

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord
I know I'm a bit late to the party, but for once I'm glad we got two ACTUAL music videos compared to the number of remixes of other tracks on their youtube channel.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Like this. I think we're due a full video soon though.

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

the new songs are out, you can find them online if you try pretty easily. Really fun collection of loose demos and bsides, some real gems on it. Particularly Five Whales In A Dream, which sounds like a circa 2004 Gorillaz demo, and Midnite Float which is pretty much the Humanz' Sgt Pepper

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I know they need to keep a veneer of 'exclusivity' but it really makes no sense not to just release digital versions of this stuff. I'd even pay for it if they didn't want to put it on Apple/Spotify.

Like, everyone who cares is going to download it anyway and most of the time there isn't even a realistic option to buy the overpriced box after release/pre-orders. Radiohead did this too with OKNOTOK.

Anyway I'm gonna listen to this.

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord
I'm really not considering buying that overpriced box set, the only reason for that would be Jamie's nice artwork, but for just some extra tracks and demos...I'd wait for a digital version if that's coming out.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Went to the first London show tonight. It was really loving good. Honestly one of the first gigs I've been to where the crowd is just as - if not more - hype for the new material than for the older stuff. Humanz is a really great live album.

They managed to double the length of both Sex Murder Party and Sweepstakes and made it... Good? The only tracks I'm sad not to have heard were Momentz and Empire Ants. And Soundcheck but that was never gonna happen.

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

I really wish they’d done Sweepstakes at the Glasgow show. Love that track.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I've been listening to Gorillaz since the beginning, and Humanz just isn't doing it for me. I find myself looking down at my phone when it's on shuffle and wondering why it's playing bad songs, then seeing the Humanz cover. Brutal.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

I think Humanz is more consistent than Demon Days :shrug: I am definitely biased though after seeing the album at Printworks.

Great show in Manchester. Wish my friends had come down for the London show rather than vice versa but I’m just happy I’ve actually seen the band a few times now. Kids with Guns is so good live.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

I might like the DRAM Special version of Andromeda more than the original

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zD6PveAO6l0

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Dugong posted:

I think Humanz is more consistent than Demon Days :shrug:

Same, but when Plastic Beach came out. (At least The Fall was sold for what it was.)

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Rumours and interviews have suggested Damon is recording a sequel to Humanz that will be considered part of phase 4 still. Apparently he's already recorded a new song called Hollywood that has Snoop Dogg on it.

I'm stoked :) We are blessed that Damon Albarn is back into a really productive mode again.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Hedrigall posted:

Rumours and interviews have suggested Damon is recording a sequel to Humanz that will be considered part of phase 4 still. Apparently he's already recorded a new song called Hollywood that has Snoop Dogg on it.

I'm stoked :) We are blessed that Damon Albarn is back into a really productive mode again.

I hope by "sequel" that actually means "nothing like Humanz" or at least "way less guest artists." It was cool that Plastic Beach had a really solid cast of half of The Clash plus kept things tight with appearances: two songs with Little Dragon, two with Mos Def, two with Womack. Humanz still feels like a bizarre mixtape of like two dozen goddamn people with no quality control. Some really good songs on there but also a large number I skip over all the time.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

DLC Inc posted:

"way less guest artists."

:getout:

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

DLC Inc posted:

I hope by "sequel" that actually means "nothing like Humanz" or at least "way less guest artists." It was cool that Plastic Beach had a really solid cast of half of The Clash plus kept things tight with appearances: two songs with Little Dragon, two with Mos Def, two with Womack. Humanz still feels like a bizarre mixtape of like two dozen goddamn people with no quality control. Some really good songs on there but also a large number I skip over all the time.

I agree

warez
Mar 13, 2003

HOLA FANTA DONT CHA WANNA?

DLC Inc posted:

Yeah. The novelty of working with such a wide variety of artists really wore thin on this new one; the entire thing reminded me of a mid-stage Basement Jaxx album in the worst way.

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

new album has production work from Flume and Mike WIll Made It, as well as features from Snoop Dogg and Jamie Principle. Damon wanted an Usher feature too but who knows if he got it

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
its spring 2018 and ive decided, humanz is going to have been the best album of the 2010s

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jduPFTLf_Ys

New song "Hollywood" featuring Snoop Dogg just debuted in Chile, here's a live recording. It's great! Rumour is the single drops this Friday. Album is also almost finished.

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

album's been done since march 2nd, idk if there's a single coming friday though

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
I hope this album is good. Humanz wasn't. The best song was a bonus track (Apprentice)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Nail Rat posted:

I hope this album is good. Humanz wasn't. The best song was a bonus track (Apprentice)

wrong bitch, humanz is god tier. gently caress off and never return to this thread