Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Flankensttein: A name given to a FPS gamer who constantly flanks to get kills.

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."
I’ll bet that partly for you. I’m 3 bottles of wine deep with my wife in Miami Beach for her birthday and just texted my bookie 3k In Maia/machida parlay. Don’t even know the odds and don’t care also won’t be able to watch the fight until I wake up tomorrow. I have 10k on penn state ml because I knew the bucks would blow it! If they come back I’m gonna be salty even though they are my home team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

jase1 posted:

I’ll bet that partly for you. I’m 3 bottles of wine deep with my wife in Miami Beach for her birthday and just texted my bookie 3k In Maia/machida parlay. Don’t even know the odds and don’t care also won’t be able to watch the fight until I wake up tomorrow. I have 10k on penn state ml because I knew the bucks would blow it! If they come back I’m gonna be salty even though they are my home team.

They are both about +110. This season has been so bad for me I put twenty on each and five on the parlay. gently caress this World Series. It's like predicting how much salt is in a bag of popcorn.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Sorry about your PSU bet.

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

"So I was playing COD yesterday, and some flankenstein came up from behind and shot me."
Holy poo poo I can’t believe they came back just when I count them out JT Barrett competes 16 straight hahah

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Captain Log posted:

They are both about +110. This season has been so bad for me I put twenty on each and five on the parlay. gently caress this World Series. It's like predicting how much salt is in a bag of popcorn.

gently caress this earth. I'm on a run that shouldn't be statistically possible.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
I feel like a lot fewer people would have bet on Maia if they knew Colby is close with Jorge Masvidal, owned and condolences to you all

Freudian slippers
Jun 23, 2009
US Goon shocked and appalled to find that world is a dirty, unjust place

Won on Santos, but boy, was I wrong on Maia & Machida. Don't bet on MMA.

Captain Log posted:

I'm starting to think a Machida/Maia might be a with a twenty buck parlay. But I'm literally having my worst betting run since 2012. What's the worse that could happen!?

Edit : Has Jim Miller turned into an old timey ghost? He is at about 3 to 1 under. Feels weird.

He's been struggling with Lyme disease for quite a while.

Question for the pro betting posters: Where can you see who's been assigned as referee/judges? I feel this should be easily obtainable information.

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

I’m on a bad run as well. Down over 30k in sports betting the last 2 weeks and down another 10 in poker. Only thing to do is chase in the NFL today with a bunch of 3 team parlays to get my end of the month looking better!

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

I think yesterday was the first time I whiffed on every part of a parlay (Font/Maia/Machida) and definitely the hardest the whiffs have been.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Did anyone think both Machida and Maia would lose? That's loving crazy.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Captain Log posted:

me

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Captain Log posted:

It's not 2012.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Tezcatlipoca posted:

It's not 2012.

I’m going to look at this post before I ever bet on MMA.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

My bookie basically told me he doesn't want my GSW totals action this week.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

$200 parlay

Gsp
Jj
Garbrandt
Gall

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Oh poo poo mickey gall is fighting?!

Edit: oh snap he's getting a tall order this fight. If he cleans this guy up on the ground like Northcutt and Punk then Gall is legit. If he gets sparked that's just more reason to laugh about Sage Northcutt.

Mr. Nice! fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Oct 31, 2017

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

STONE COLD 64 posted:

$200 parlay

Gsp
Jj
Garbrandt
Gall

I he night is going to be an emotional roller coaster for you buddy. You're gonna sit and think drat I got this! And then Bisping is going to look GSP in round 4

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Mr. Nice! posted:

Oh poo poo mickey gall is fighting?!

Edit: oh snap he's getting a tall order this fight. If he cleans this guy up on the ground like Northcutt and Punk then Gall is legit. If he gets sparked that's just more reason to laugh about Sage Northcutt.

If he wins impressively, he'll be one of the great prospects for sure. He's so far fought three utter nobodies, beat them like a prospect should and raised his stock a lot, and then crushed a lower-level UFC guy who he matched up well with. Northcutt isn't great but he's not that bad. Brown is a mid-tier guy who looked a lot like Gall in his early career. Gall can definitely beat him but an impressive finish won't be easy.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
Masvidal and TJ are turning into pretty sizable underdogs. Thinking of putting some on both if that trend keeps up.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Lloyd Boner posted:

Masvidal and TJ are turning into pretty sizable underdogs. Thinking of putting some on both if that trend keeps up.

yeah right there with you. i actually favor masvidal, and at the very least it''ll be loving close. i favor garbrandt but it will be competitive.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Lloyd Boner posted:

Fatherdog used to say masvidal would beat any 1 dimensional guy. if the guy wrestled primarily, or struck primarily , masvidal would win. So by his theory from a couple years ago, bet masvidal. Personally im 10 times bitten twice shy about masvidal , but Wonderboy is a dissapointment too

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
masvidal had a good fight with maia but wonderboy has beaten a few great fighters and only really lost to woodley. who is really good even if the fights themselves werent amazing. so i wonder about masvidals chances

Freudian slippers
Jun 23, 2009
US Goon shocked and appalled to find that world is a dirty, unjust place

I've got two chump-change parlays on
GSP-Joanna-Garbrant-Masvidal-Borrachinha
and
GSP-Joanna-Garbrant-Thompson-Borrachina

Should be some fun fights no matter who wins, though.

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Masvidal has slick striking but Wonderboy knocked out Bobby Knuckles pretty easily so I see him winning on the feet.

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Already have 5k on bisping at +115 and gonna add a few more.

1k on masvidal at +150
1k on Hendricks at +225

Also 2 parlays 1k on each

Masvidal, JJ and bisping that pays like 4K

Hendricks, masvidal and bisping that pays like 15k

Might throw more on bisping tonight based on how much I drink today.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

jase1 posted:

Already have 5k on bisping at +115 and gonna add a few more.

1k on masvidal at +150
1k on Hendricks at +225

Also 2 parlays 1k on each

Masvidal, JJ and bisping that pays like 4K

Hendricks, masvidal and bisping that pays like 15k

Might throw more on bisping tonight based on how much I drink today.

nothing on cody-TJ? cody is coming off a back injury which always worries me with an athlete, but the odds are so close i'm not sure TJ is worth it at +150

jase1
Aug 11, 2004

Cody is from Ohio and a Browns fan so I want to bet on him but I don’t like the odds at all. The way I have been gambling lately though I expect to literally lose every single one of my bets tonight. I’m not even betting college football today and haven’t played poker in a week and that may go longer depending on tonight. My bankroll has taken a hit recently and I have been chasing like a motherfucker so I’m gonna slow down for a little bit and go pad the bankroll at a couple of pool halls this week. Variance is a bitch and I’m playing terrible poker so it’s time to go to my bread and butter for a little bit.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

jase1 posted:

Cody is from Ohio and a Browns fan so I want to bet on him but I don’t like the odds at all. The way I have been gambling lately though I expect to literally lose every single one of my bets tonight. I’m not even betting college football today and haven’t played poker in a week and that may go longer depending on tonight. My bankroll has taken a hit recently and I have been chasing like a motherfucker so I’m gonna slow down for a little bit and go pad the bankroll at a couple of pool halls this week. Variance is a bitch and I’m playing terrible poker so it’s time to go to my bread and butter for a little bit.

gently caress that World Series and all pro football at the moment. At least in my world.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Jase is gonna hit it big this weekend. I can feel jt

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
johny and corey anderson are good bets imo. that kid johny is fighting is dangerous but if johny has any of the same brain cells that helped him outbox robbie lawler left in there he's got a chance of making him look dumb. corey's the better bet imo, i can see him out hustling osp.

got a parlay on gsp / cody / joanna / masvidal / hendricks but other than that i'm not really feeling the gambling aspect of this card. just looking forward to cool fights.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Marching Powder posted:

johny and corey anderson are good bets imo. that kid johny is fighting is dangerous but if johny has any of the same brain cells that helped him outbox robbie lawler left in there he's got a chance of making him look dumb. corey's the better bet imo, i can see him out hustling osp.

got a parlay on gsp / cody / joanna / masvidal / hendricks but other than that i'm not really feeling the gambling aspect of this card. just looking forward to cool fights.

This card vacillates between fights I won't touch and undercard fights where I'm clueless as to who is fighting.

Any sneaky things on the undercard to watch out for other than Anderson and Johny Hit Hord Hendricks?

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Captain Log posted:

This card vacillates between fights I won't touch and undercard fights where I'm clueless as to who is fighting.

Any sneaky things on the undercard to watch out for other than Anderson and Johny Hit Hord Hendricks?

i was gonna say oleinik

Grifter
Jul 24, 2003

I do this technique called a suplex. You probably haven't heard of it, it's pretty obscure.
Longtime reader, first time bettor. 20 bucks on Bisping by decision.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Marching Powder posted:

i was gonna say oleinik

Probably a decent pick.

Great night to have small bets on Gall and Anderson.

Which means Hendricks and GSP are gonna die.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

hey mickey youre so fine your so fine you blew my parlay you overrated piece of poo poo god dammit

hey mickey
hey mickey

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

I had Godbeer to win and Godbeer inside the distance and felt like I was dead in the water after 15 seconds so thank god for Harris being a dumbass

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Aye Doc posted:

I had Godbeer to win and Godbeer inside the distance and felt like I was dead in the water after 15 seconds so thank god for Harris being a dumbass

You are a blessed man.

My last “good” MMA bet was Serra by TKO over GSP. I’m still being punished for that.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
I'm 0-4 so far from this card. Kiss of loving death over here. Going to bet on Cody now so TJ wins.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Memento posted:

I'm 0-4 so far from this card. Kiss of loving death over here. Going to bet on Cody now so TJ wins.

hahaha same man i'm getting wasted. the only one i've hit is godbeer lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
my only bet is a small one on bisping