Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What the hell happens next?
This poll is closed.
They literally set fire to the ring by accident 2 2.22%
They literally set fire to the ring on purpose 6 6.67%
Film 6 months of content accidentally using WWE prop belts 6 6.67%
Rehire Jeff Jarrett 23 25.56%
Start splicing in archival footage of AJ Styles and pretending it's current 23 25.56%
Accidentally switch the live Pop TV feed to the WWE Network 6 6.67%
Lose the keys to the production truck, film 6 months of content in the parking lot with a Samsung 7 7.78%
Sue a fan who flips the bird on air, lose all company rights to said fan 13 14.44%
Somehow everything gets good and they start making money (Comedy Option) 4 4.44%
Total: 90 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Nobody outrules the Marquise de Cat!

Maxwell Lord posted:

They can now only eat 1/4 of a craft table sandwich

Sandwiches? The catering consists solely of these:

And you have to microwave 'em yourself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Go RV! posted:

how much could a ref in fuckin tna have been making to start, jesus

Ref gigs on the shindies* go for around $100 a night so TNA was probably paying around $150.

It’s gonna be funny when TNA tapes another 3 months of TV and Eddie Edwards refs all the matches.

*shindies - those lovely middle of nowhere, maybe run twice before they close down indies. If they’re lucky, they get picked up by a new money mark and repeat.

coconono fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Nov 4, 2017

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
EVOLVE's Brandon Tollie is one of the new referees. So not everyone is local.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

coconono posted:

Ref gigs on the shindies* go for around $100 a night so TNA was probably paying around $150.

It’s gonna be funny when TNA tapes another 3 months of TV and Eddie Edwards refs all the matches.

*shindies - those lovely middle of nowhere, maybe run twice before they close down indies. If they’re lucky, they get picked up by a new money mark and repeat.

TNA proudly presents Refamania, the only PPV where every match is a Special guest Referee match.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

coconono posted:

Lol if you think refs make 100 on a shindie

Its nowhere close

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

rovert posted:

EVOLVE's Brandon Tollie is one of the new referees. So not everyone is local.

So does this mean Gabe pays referees worse than dirt for a guy to trek up to Canada for work

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I thought about buying BFG just for shits and giggles, but they're still charging $50 for these so nope :stonk:

What's the over/under on buys? Is 500 too generous?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/cagesideseats/status/926917007924178944

Welp, there goes the one match I was kinda interested in

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Benne posted:

I thought about buying BFG just for shits and giggles, but they're still charging $50 for these so nope :stonk:

What's the over/under on buys? Is 500 too generous?

How many wrestling journalists and youtubers are there?

That plus the one guy who is gonna stream it

Who wants to bet its gonna be written into contracts that all Impact talent must order the PPV

Mel Mudkiper fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Nov 4, 2017

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

BFG card now:

Eli Drake defending world title vs Johnny Impact
Trevor Lee defending X title in a six-way vs Petey Williams, Sonjay Dutt, Dezmond Xavier, Garza Jr, and Matt Sydal
OI4K defend the tag titles in a 5150 street fight vs all of LAX (Ortiz, Santana, Konnan, Homicide, and Diamante)
Sienna defends the Knockouts title against Allie and Gail Kim (note: Taryn Terrell, originally scheduled, left the company. I expect Rosemary to be inserted in the match now that she has nothing else)
Moose and Stephan Bonnar vs Lashley and King Mo in 6 Sides of Steel
Abyss with Father James Mitchell vs Grado in Monster's Ball; if Grado loses, he's deported
Team Impact (EC3, James Storm, and Eddie Edwards) vs Team AAA (Pagano, Texano, and El Hijo del Fantasma)
The return of Del Rio

$50

Chris James 2 fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Nov 4, 2017

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
That's a loving dire card for their biggest show of the year

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Chris James 2 posted:

Trevor Lee defending X title in a six-way vs Petey Williams, Sonjay Dutt, Dezmond Xavier, Garza Jr, and Matt Sydal

The hottest match of 2008

Also, Stephan Bonnar as in UFC Hugh Grant Stephan Bonnar

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Johnny Impact is Johnny Mundo, right?

I'd pay $50 to never see him wrestle again.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
I think I'm more pumped for the Tim Storm vs Magnus match for the NWA world's title than that entire card put together.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Mel Mudkiper posted:

The one and only

coconono posted:

Johnny Impact is Johnny Mundo, right?

Yep, and he's probably winning

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Chris James 2 posted:

BFG card now:

Eli Drake defending world title vs Johnny Impact
OI4K defend the tag titles in a 5150 street fight vs all of LAX (Ortiz, Santana, Konnan, Homicide, and Diamante)
Sienna defends the Knockouts title against Allie and Gail Kim (note: Taryn Terrell, originally scheduled, left the company. I expect Rosemary to be inserted in the match now that she has nothing else)
Moose and Stephan Bonnar vs Lashley and King Mo in 6 Sides of Steel
Abyss with Father James Mitchell vs Grado in Monster's Ball; if Grado loses, he's deported
Team Impact (EC3, James Storm, and Eddie Edwards) vs Team AAA (Pagano, Texano, and El Hijo del Fantasma)
The return of Del Rio

$50

Sweet, there's still plenty of time for Del Rio to no-show and for at least one member of Team AAA to drop out due to TNA loving up their visa

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Mel Mudkiper posted:

lol

Also lol that they think $50 is in anyway a good price tag for this (or any show they could put on).

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
The only thing I'm looking forward to on this ppv is how they explain away suspending Alberto and stripping him of the title because of dropped battery charges. Will he cut a fiery babyface promo about the man, shoot on their apparent breakup, or just no show?

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

It's funny I did once upon a time think he'd be a good pro wrestler, or at least he had the charisma down, but it's been a long time since I thought about him.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Benne posted:

That's a loving dire card for their biggest show of the year

Wait I thought that was Slammiversary

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

quote:

WHY TAYA WILL MISS PPV, NASHVILLE OFFICE UPDATE, TOP EXEC LET GO BY IMPACT AND MORE
By Mike Johnson on 2017-11-04 18:48:00

PWInsider.com has confirmed with multiple sources that an email from Ed Nordholm was issued to the staff of the Impact Wrestling offices in Nashville informing them that the company is going to begin "consolidating" the office with the Anthem office in Toronto. The email was sent out a week ago Friday. That means the beginning of the end of the actual physical office in Nashville, although there is no timeline on that. What this means for the office staff in Nashville remains to be seen. It may be that some depart while others do their work from home or are even moved to Canada. The belief among one source is that the production of the Impact series would remain in Nashville, but that's not 100% confirmed. The company has been slowly moving its merchandise sales to a third party fulfillment company, so that would solve the issue of how they handle orders.

Dean Broadhead, who was the company's Chief Financial Officer for many years (and was credited by many with being the person that was able to keep the company going during the tumultous time period where there were all sorts of financial issues) was let go. It appears that happened at the end of September.

The situation with Taya Valkyrie appears to be that she would have no problem getting into Canada (where she was born) but may have an issue returning to the United States. While she is married to John Hennigan, she has not yet received permanent residence and with the current Presidency in the U.S., there was a concern her return could be complicated, so the company made the decision to yank her instead of taking a chance. Michael Elgin had a similar situation with ROH awhile back that took several weeks to resolve. There is no heat on Taya and the company intends to use her on the January tapings.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

lol like TNA can afford to have heat with anyone even if they wanted to - there's nobody left

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

I don't know if they let Dean Broadhead go due to lack of money but it would in no way surprise me. There's something beautifully poetic and yet extremely TNA about not being able to pay your chief financial officer.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Broadhead is a guy that pulled all nighters and cold called tons of people, trying to scrape money together for tapings last year. And they say this company doesn't reward loyalty.

Last June:

quote:

TNA’s Chief Financial Officer Dean Broadhead has shed some light on TNA’s financial problems in a recent Facebook post. He wrote, “On Thursday and Friday, I logged over 80 business calls on my cell…attorneys, accountants, vendors, bankers, and employees. Maybe time to retire but maybe not until everything is in the right place. To answer why, I had a 12-hour timeframe to secure interim financing so that the production trucks could come – lawyers, bankers, accountants, and owners. Some of them were out of the country. Some were on the west coast and some were on the east coast. That was the reason for all of the calls.”

The interim financing ended up being Billy Corgan.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

flashy_mcflash posted:

Broadhead is a guy that pulled all nighters and cold called tons of people, trying to scrape money together for tapings last year. And they say this company doesn't reward loyalty.

Well at least he got what he deserved

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

"hey listen greg, yeah I know you're vacation, but can you just listen? TNA needs some help getting--Greg? Greg? Are you there?"

VileLL
Oct 3, 2015

remember when grado was popular

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I can still buy ten tickets to the "sold out" Bound For Glory

Try for yourself

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

It was never sold out, TNA was just playing hard to get

I didn't see coyness as a business strategy coming, but here we are

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Nov 5, 2017

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal

loltna posted:

Impact announced and started their own "Network", billed as the Global Wrestling Network (with Impact keeping the Global tag even after splitting from GFW). Unsurprisingly, the launch was filled with problems, as the "Network" had hardly been beta tested, it was run off a Wordpress page, and, most damningly, was not run on a secure HTTPS connection, prompting much facepalming and hilarity. Fortunately, the last of the issues was fairly quickly fixed.
Prior to the launch of the service, the entire site and contents were accidentally made available early and free for anyone to watch, albeit with some page loading issues. This was solved by the end of the day when the page was locked behind a password.

Apparently this happened? 8 bucks a month to a company that barely make ends meet and has bad business practices sounds like a great plan :downs:

Sotar
Dec 1, 2009
I wonder how many people might have bought tickets but saw they were "sold out" and gave up? That number has to be at least 1 right?

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

flashy_mcflash posted:

I can still buy ten tickets to the "sold out" Bound For Glory

Try for yourself

Weird this is what I got

quote:

The number of seats you requested in RINGSIDE - RESERVED SEATS - ROWS 1 - 3 was not found. However, seats were found in FLOOR - GENERAL ADMISSION. Click on "Check Out" to accept these tickets and continue.

Also with that CFO gone this is probably gonna be the death of GFW/TNA/Impact it sounds like

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Taintrunner posted:

Also with that CFO gone this is probably gonna be the death of GFW/TNA/Impact it sounds like

How many times has this been said in the last 15 goddamned years? TNA will outlast all of us. It's gonna be them, Keith Richards and the cockroaches after the apocalypse.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
I look forward to TNA trying to outdraw Richards on the cockroach TV network

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
It's like moving the entire promotion to another country was a bad idea

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Maxwell Lord posted:

It's like moving the entire promotion to another country was a bad idea

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
I wonder if I just showed up tonight they would let me in.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Raskolnikov38 posted:

I look forward to TNA trying to outdraw Richards on the cockroach TV network
richards probably has a higher workrate than half the tna roster

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

sbaldrick posted:

They'd probably have you do a run-in during the main event.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

sbaldrick posted:

They absolutely would