Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Irving is lying to her to sell her

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007
It was her emails

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!
I'm on Team Reality Simulation. Most likely White Rose has the technology to simulate a reality for someone so you can live in whatever world you want to live in (personal Matrix's) but I wouldn't rule out they discovered the world is a simulation and how to alter it.

How many episodes are in this season? Just eight?

siggy2021
Mar 8, 2010

Kawasaki Nun posted:

Irving is lying to her to sell her

This. We've already seen several instances of Irving being incredibly manipulative and a great liar. I'm pretty certain we can't trust anything he says to the other characters.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽

Gobbeldygook posted:

I'm on Team Reality Simulation. Most likely White Rose has the technology to simulate a reality for someone so you can live in whatever world you want to live in (personal Matrix's) but I wouldn't rule out they discovered the world is a simulation and how to alter it.

How many episodes are in this season? Just eight?

So San Junipero?

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

Harminoff posted:

So San Junipero?
Along those lines, but to align with what's been hinted at so far it would have to be more than a simple shared digital immortality. So if you want to live in a simulation in which you live in New York, you're rich, the hack never happened, and your mom is alive you can while someone else can live in a simulation in which your bitch-rear end mom is dead.

Der Luftwaffle
Dec 29, 2008
I hope there's a parallel universe or simulated reality where Flipper has a responsible owner :ohdear:

LentThem
Aug 31, 2004

90% Retractible

siggy2021 posted:

This. We've already seen several instances of Irving being incredibly manipulative and a great liar. I'm pretty certain we can't trust anything he says to the other characters.

"is there an evacuation plan for the building before we blow it up? well sure, yeah, of course there is!"

looking forward to angela's reaction to that not happening

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007
I CAN'T HELP BUT DERAIL THREADS WITH MY VERY PRESENCE

I ALSO HAVE A CLOUD OF DEDICATED IDIOTS FOLLOWING ME SHITTING UP EVERY THREAD I POST IN

IGNORE ME AND ANY DINOSAUR THAT FIGHTS WITH ME BECAUSE WE JUST CAN'T SHUT UP
New theory: the alf dream was actually the real universe that the show is being simulated from within.

Poppyseed Poundcake posted:

So all the rebbits on that episode were made 2 years ago. That's some good foreshadowing. https://www.reddit.com/r/inside_e_corp/

Big fan of the use of "jabroni".

Another E Corp Suit Bites the Dust! posted:

Saw some jabroni get the perp walk through the lobby the Feds. How many does that make now?? Lol. Only at E Corp...

curse of flubber fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Nov 6, 2017

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

siggy2021 posted:

I feel pretty sure that we're going to end up with a fairly mundane economic power play as opposed to any timetravel/alternative reality/ quantum accelerator poo poo. Irving doesn't strike me as someone that operates off any kind of sincere principals or beliefs, other than money spends.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

So considering it's been 2 years since the end of Season 1 and my brain is fizzling a bit thanks to other fantastic television airing since then, I want to get a general read from the thread on Angela. Specifically, I'm curious why she has so much sway over Price. As far as I can tell, the current theory is that Price is her father. The vibe I got from "come celebrate my birthday" and "I see what you see in her eyes" was a little more of the attraction nature. So, what does the thread generally think of this relationship? Is it one of these two things or is there something more I'm missing?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Price/Angela is basically Palpatine/Anakin

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Yeah, I think it's basically that Angela is really good at her job. She's an up-and-coming go-getter, and Price thinks that she also has the potential to be a real ruthless shark, which he admires.

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

She's one of the few to have rejected him, I imagine

btw, finally caught up with the season / this thread today. The Tyrell episode was fantastic in a lot of ways! My wife bowed out of the series after episode 1 of this season, but she's missing out and I'll make her rewatch it with me if when it turns out to be awesome, parallel universes notwithstanding.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

CloFan posted:

She's the Liz Lemon to his Jack Donaghy

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

CloFan posted:

That too. He admires that she has strength, and imagines (possibly correctly) that she has the capacity for evil and ruthlessness to be his successor

e: Hell I would put even odds on her actually becoming the new head of Evil Corp by the end of the show

e2: As Queen's "You're My Best Friend" plays, slow pan over a board room table at which is seated Angela, Elliott and Mr. Robot. Elliott in voiceover says "We thought we had to destroy the system, but the truth is... all we had to do was take it for ourselves" Everyone smiles. Smash cut to credits. Fin.

precision fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Nov 7, 2017

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Snak posted:

Yeah, I think it's basically that Angela is really good at her job. She's an up-and-coming go-getter, and Price thinks that she also has the potential to be a real ruthless shark, which he admires.

Especially as she doesn't LOOK like a serious apex predator.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
She probably also has all kinds of dirt on him, or at least he has reason to suspect she does. Might as well keep that kind of threat close.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
oh god what if the E in E corp stands for Elliott :tinfoil:

JitteryComa
Nov 6, 2012
AFAIK he was just using her to get her dad and the other families of the people who died like her mom and Elliot's dad to settle their suit against E-Corp. In addition she got them to drop a contingency that would call for federal inspections of the Washington Township Power Plant, which seems to be integral to Whiterose's plans. During all that I think he just took a genuine liking to her. Whiterose taunting him about Angela was just her going, "Eat poo poo old man. I got to your go-to personally, like it was nothing."

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

JitteryComa posted:

AFAIK he was just using her to get her dad and the other families of the people who died like her mom and Elliot's dad to settle their suit against E-Corp. In addition she got them to drop a contingency that would call for federal inspections of the Washington Township Power Plant, which seems to be integral to Whiterose's plans. During all that I think he just took a genuine liking to her. Whiterose taunting him about Angela was just her going, "Eat poo poo old man. I got to your go-to personally, like it was nothing."

Yeah, that does sound like Whiterose. They like to make sure EVERYONE knows where the power lies.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
Claim your free mr robot hoodie. Just got mine.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

I haven't been able to get poo poo from that E-Corp site. Every time i go they're always sold out. :(

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

TraderStav posted:

Gone. Thanks, though.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Kabuki Shipoopi posted:

I haven't been able to get poo poo from that E-Corp site. Every time i go they're always sold out. :(

Same here, fluke thing where I happened to pull my phone out right when the email came across and I got lucky.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

TraderStav posted:

No, you got MINE.

They were sold out in the time it took for me to get the email and open the site. Just like every other limited number giveaway they offer. :sigh:

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Samizdata posted:

No, you got MINE.

They were sold out in the time it took for me to get the email and open the site. Just like every other limited number giveaway they offer. :sigh:

Need to have auto-fill contact information ready on your phone, friend.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

TraderStav posted:

Or a side personality that wakes you up and uses your computer at night.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

TraderStav posted:

Not phone. PC.

The Sean posted:

Or a side personality that wakes you up and uses your computer at night.

Also, gently caress that. I have enough sleep dep issues as it stands. Speaking of which, how long until Elliot becomes COMPLETELY psychotic then dies?

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Emails are delayed so good luck getting it if you are trying based off that.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Harminoff posted:

Emails are delayed so good luck getting it if you are trying based off that.

And we loop back around to "gently caress that".

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

Yeah, I added the website to my phones home screen and check it periodically. Managed to snag the power bank and hoodie, but the echos and funko pops went super quick.

Although, I don’t remember being asked a size for the hoodie, but I had just woken up and was clicking fast to make sure I got one, so I don’t know if I missed something. Oh well.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Expect the hoodie to be either too big or too small because they went with some generic "fits most" size.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Hold on, "Sam Esmail" is an anagram of "mass email" :tinfoil:

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

muscles like this! posted:

Expect the hoodie to be either too big or too small because they went with some generic "fits most" size.

No such thing as a hoodie that's too big :colbert: Nothing on erf is more comfy than a massive hoodie. :kimchi:

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I hope you guys who got a hoodie don't fit into it :colbert:

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
This whole avoiding HR reminds me of the beginning of The Matrix.

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005
This is extremely loving good

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Josh Lyman posted:

I hope you guys who got a hoodie don't fit into it :colbert:

Seconded. None of you. At all. And not even your pets fit in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
Is everything slightly out of focus?

I don't have access to an HDTV in this location not sure if it's the lovely tv.

• Locked thread