Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Is there a way we can list all the available players?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

I wonder if you could do a Google forms thing

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

AggressivelyStupid posted:

I wonder if you could do a Google forms thing

This would be interesting. See what players get picked the most.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
Just going down the thread, here are a couple of decent dudes with small/rookie contracts who stood out to me:

Spencer Dinwiddie (Nets)
Sam Dekker (Clippers)
Bojan son of Bogdan (Pacers)
Will Barton ($11m, Nuggets)
James Ennis (Memphis)
Rockets: PJ Tucker, Luc Mbah a Moute, Nene (~$5m each)

You could also reunite the 2009 orlando magic by taking Dwight Howard, Ryan Anderson, Jameer Nelson and Courtney Lee. Then just sign Turkoglu and Rashard Lewis as free agents.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Today I learned Luke Babbitt is still in the NBA

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

It looks like you can't build as good of a team as I initially thought, but still definitely a better team than the Bulls

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I've been patiently waiting for a goon to make a google spreadsheet

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Day Man posted:

It looks like you can't build as good of a team as I initially thought, but still definitely a better team than the Bulls

It's gonna be a team that would wreck the Hawks or Bulls but get hosed up by all the other teams in the league. Maybe not Sacramento.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Here's what I'd go with. I'm assuming you get to draft 13 guys. Would not be trying to win now but rebuid. Mostly went with young players drafted in the first round in recent years. The hope being that a few turn out to be good players or can be swapped for future picks. And with their low salaries, you can take on bad contracts for picks.

Then I added a few veterans. I think Aminu's deal is great and he could easily be traded for an asset. Olynyk is a nice young piece for a team that isn't spending big bucks. And Barton feels like a guy who a contender would throw a late 1st at near the deadline to give them a spark off the bench. Or at worst he plays out the season and you sign him long term.

Poeltl (Toronto)
LeVert (Brooklyn)
Exum (Utah)
McCaw (Golden State)
Ellenson (Detroit)
Yabusele (Boston)
Chriss (Phoenix)
Patton (Minnesota)
DJ Wilson (Milwaukee)
Korkmaz (Philly)

Aminu (Portland)
Olynyk (Miami)
Barton (Denver)

Niwrad fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Nov 3, 2017

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Not gonna lie, I completely forgot Patton exists

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Niwrad posted:

Yabusele (Boston)

Boston almost certainly protects
Hayward
Horford
Irving
Brown
Tatum

you'd rather have Yabusele than a Marcus Morris or Marcus Smart or Terry Rozier?

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

EvanTH posted:

Boston almost certainly protects
Hayward
Horford
Irving
Brown
Tatum

you'd rather have Yabusele than a Marcus Morris or Marcus Smart or Terry Rozier?

Smart's a RFA at the end of the season and Morris doesn't offer anything long term. Rozier would be fine but Yabusele seems to have more upside. I don't know that much about Yabusele outside of some things online so maybe Rozier is the much better pick.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
He's 22 year old rookie. Which reminds me GSW supporter what thinks Bell or McCaw is going to be anywhere near the player Iguodala is um I think that's not correct. Projecting every player to age like Jimmy Butler is not a great strategy.

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized
Based on who people have posted their team would protect, my selection:

PG Marcus Smart (Boston)
SG Will Barton (Denver)
SF Danny Green (San Antonio)
PF Al-Farooq Aminu (Portland)
C Cody Zeller (Charlotte)

PG TJ McConnell (Philadelphia)
PG Cory Joseph (Indiana)
SG Patrick McCaw (Golden State)
SG Terrence Ferguson (Oklahoma City)
SF Tony Snell (Milwaukee)
SF OG Anunoby (Toronto)
PF Nemanja Bjelica (Minnesota)
PF Derek Favors (Utah)
C Kelly Olynyk (Miami)

Cap room remaining: $11.1m

UFAs: Favors, Barton / Green and Joseph have players options

Your only long term contacts are Zeller 4/56m, Snell 4/46m and Olynyk 4/50m which are all perfectly reasonable. Smart, McCaw, Ferguson, Anunoby are all on rookie contracts so will be RFAs when their deals expire. The guys who are UFAs this summer could all be moved to a contender at the deadline for assets. But if you wanted to compete you have $11m in cap space to go get someone and I think the team as is even without a trade would definitely be a playoff team in the east.

Other than deliberately building a team full of rookies and bottoming out for a top three draft pick, this is a pretty good situation. Potential playoff team now, with several young guys who could improve and also excellent flexibility moving forward with no-one on the roster having a bad contract.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

that apostrophe in Deandre' Bembry's name isn't an error, it's really in there. What the heck is that apostrophe doing in there
why's it hangin out there
what does it want

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
I wrote down players who were likely to be drafted in any scenario, tanking, hustle veterans, upside guys, combo plate. Use this to build the roster of your dreams

disaster draft

76ers
luwawu caborot
richuan holmes
tj mcconnell
jj reddick
furkan korkmaz

magic
bismack biyombo
arron afflalo
dj augustin
Elfrid Payton
Terence Ross

nuggets
Wilson Chandler
ken faried
mason plumlee

pistons
Henry Ellenson
Avery Bradley
Ish Smith

pacers roster
ike anigbogu
bojan bogdanovic
edmond sumner
thaddeus young
cory

okc
felton
terrance ferguson
andre roberson

nyk
hardaway jr
cournety lee

spurs

bertans
lauvergne
tony parker
patty mills

celtics
smart
marcus morris
semi ojeleye
baynes

bucks
greg monroe
delevadova
teletovic
snell

toronto
peltl
cj miles
bbe noguiera
og anuboby

rockets
nene
ryan anderson
mabah moute
troy williams
onuaku
pj tucker

suns
tj warren
marqueese chriss
chandler

wolves
taj gibson
shabazz
justin patton
Tyus Jones

clips
sindarius
lou williams
austin rivers
montrezl
sam dekker

grizzlies
tyreke
dillon brooks
deyonta davis
jarrel martin

wizards
sheldon mack
ian mahinmi
jodie meeks
tomas staoransky
jason smith

blazers
mo harkless
al farouq aminu
caleb swanigan
noah vonleh

cavaliers
assuming (lebron/love/crowder/IT/TT protected

wade
Jr Smith

Brooklyn Nets or Hens, assuming they keep lin and dont protect Allen

quincy acy
trevor booker
spencer dinwiddie
sean kilpatrick
Jarret allen

hawks (assuming bembry, prince, bazemore, john collins, brussino protected)
ilyasova
schroder
babbitt

Hornets (protected = Batum, Walker, Lamb, Monk, Ho, Mkg)

Dwight Howard
Cody Zeller
Marvin Williams
Dwayne Bacon

Heat
James Johnson
Rodney Macgruder
Jordan Mickey
Dion WAiters
Kelly Olynyk

pelicans
Alexis Ajinca
Solomon Hill
Ian Clark

Jazz, assuming (Donvan Mitchell, Rudy Gobert, Rodney Hood, Alec Burks, Derrick Favors protected)

jonas jerebko
thabo sefolosha
ekpe udoh
dante exum
joe ingles

warriors (curry, durant, klay thompson, andre igoudala, draymond)

Zaza Pachulia
Shuan LIvingston
Omri Casspi
Pat Mccaw

Kings (assuming Giles, Cauley-Stein, Hield, fox, Labissiere protected)
Geoge Hill
Bogdan Bogdanovic
Koufous

Lakers (assuming Ball, Kuzma, Randle, Ingram, Nance)
Have one of the hardest other than 76ers to choose

Brook Lopez
Ivica Zubac
Kentavious Caldwell Pope

Mavericks ( I have no idea Dennis Smith jr, Nerlens, seth curry, dwight powell, harrison barnes)

Yogi Ferrel
Jonathan motley
Maxi Kleber

:siren: :siren:

Win Now Hustlers
Kris Dunn's orphaned 5 year old daughter is lifted to the sky by BEBE NOGUIERA as the Bulls win their last game of the season to get the 1st seed in the East.

PG: Geoge Hill/Shaun Livingston SG: Kentavious Caldwell Pope/Avery Bradley SF: Tj Warren/ Al Farouq Aminu PF: Thad Young/Richuan Holmes C: Nene/Bebe Noguiera

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 09:03 on Nov 5, 2017

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I will fight you for leaving Tyus off the list of draftable players

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

IcePhoenix posted:

I will fight you for leaving Tyus off the list of draftable players

If there's anyone not on the list, I'll add them, I became more expansive in my listing as I progressed. The only people left off are late second rounders who haven't played yet and don't have Tools.

My aim was to cover all the realistic candidates so someone else can put them in a google doc or something

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

If the goal is EC dominance you could also consider taking players you wouldn't otherwise take off the Celtics and Cavs

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Dejan Bimble posted:

If there's anyone not on the list, I'll add them, I became more expansive in my listing as I progressed. The only people left off are late second rounders who haven't played yet and don't have Tools.

My aim was to cover all the realistic candidates so someone else can put them in a google doc or something

To protect Gordon, Vucevic, Simmons, Fournier, and Isaac Orlando has to leave Ross and Payton open too. Or if they like Payton, Simmons maybe. Any of those three has to be major consideration.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Based of Dejan's post, your Disaster Team Bulls:

PG - George Hill
SG - JJ Reddick
SF - T.J. Warren
PF - Ryan Anderson
C - Dwight Howard

Bench
Wilson Chandler
Lou Williams
Jakob Poeltl
Tyson Chandler
Tony Parker
Greg Monroe
Al Farouq Aminu

It was actually really hard building this team. There's a ton of talent in the disaster pool and you could easily swap out a bunch of these guys and make your own team that would, in fact, trounce the current Bulls roster. I decided to go with a veteran back court in Hill and Reddick that gave complimentary perimeter shooting to my stretch four, Ryan Anderson. T.J. Warren's lanes are now open up since there will be a perpetual clog int he middle with Dwight. I had to go with Dwight as my center because I still think he's a top quality guy. I also kinda think the Hornets would potentially protect him over Batum which would throw my entire model out of whack.

The bench was the hardest part. I decided to go with a low minutes Tony Parker and Lou Williams to continue the 3 bombs. The bigs and forwards are also top quality rebounders. The bench could go small with Aminu or Chandler at the 4, or go big with Monroe and Chandler. Chandler will also work well with Tony Parker's PnR as well as putting up elite rebounding numbers in a Lou William's ran offense. Potential ball movement problems with the bench though, and they'll be slow as hell.

Guys who missed the cut:
Lucas Noguiera, Avery Bradley (He'd be the starting SG but he'd never get released into a disaster draft Dejan!!), Bojan Bogdonavic, Taj Gibson, Andre Roberson, Thaddeus Young, CJ Miles, Courtney Lee, Dennis Schroder (again Dejan!! Nicolas Brussino is a punk and Dennis is their PG of the future!!), Tyreke Evans, Marvin Williams, Cody Zeller, James Johnson, Dion Waiters, Joe Ingles, Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, Brook Lopez.

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

FYI, that team is almost certainly over the cap Doltos.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

NBA.com doesn't have salary info which is annoying, I wonder if there's an good site with up to date poo poo on that that is also easy to scrape

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

Doltos posted:

PG - George Hill - $20m
SG - JJ Reddick - $23m
SF - T.J. Warren - $3.15m
PF - Ryan Anderson - $19.58m
C - Dwight Howard - $23.5m

Bench
Wilson Chandler - $12.01m
Lou Williams - $7m
Jakob Poeltl - $2.825m
Tyson Chandler - $13m
Tony Parker - $15.45m
Greg Monroe - $17.88m
Al Farouq Aminu - $7.32m

$164.72m total salary.

Even if you were allowed to break the salary cap in this situation, your luxury tax bill alone would be $244m. I don't think Jerry Reisendorf is paying $400m for a 43 win team.

Also Chandler and Warren both are on the Suns.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I DIDNT KNOW WE WERE FOLLOWING STUPID REAL LIFE RULES, GUYS

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
I liked your team!

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Thank you :)

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...

tanglewood1420 posted:

Based on who people have posted their team would protect, my selection:

PG Marcus Smart (Boston)
SG Will Barton (Denver)
SF Danny Green (San Antonio)
PF Al-Farooq Aminu (Portland)
C Cody Zeller (Charlotte)

PG TJ McConnell (Philadelphia)
PG Cory Joseph (Indiana)
SG Patrick McCaw (Golden State)
SG Terrence Ferguson (Oklahoma City)
SF Tony Snell (Milwaukee)
SF OG Anunoby (Toronto)
PF Nemanja Bjelica (Minnesota)
PF Derek Favors (Utah)
C Kelly Olynyk (Miami)

Cap room remaining: $11.1m

UFAs: Favors, Barton / Green and Joseph have players options

Your only long term contacts are Zeller 4/56m, Snell 4/46m and Olynyk 4/50m which are all perfectly reasonable. Smart, McCaw, Ferguson, Anunoby are all on rookie contracts so will be RFAs when their deals expire. The guys who are UFAs this summer could all be moved to a contender at the deadline for assets. But if you wanted to compete you have $11m in cap space to go get someone and I think the team as is even without a trade would definitely be a playoff team in the east.

Other than deliberately building a team full of rookies and bottoming out for a top three draft pick, this is a pretty good situation. Potential playoff team now, with several young guys who could improve and also excellent flexibility moving forward with no-one on the roster having a bad contract.

You can't take Green. Besides Kawhi and LMA. he's one of the few Spurs guys I'm sure I'd protect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

tanglewood1420 posted:

Even if you were allowed to break the salary cap in this situation, your luxury tax bill alone would be $244m. I don't think Jerry Reisendorf is paying $400m for a 43 win team.

I feel like we can at least ignore what the actual Reinsdorf/GarPax would do since the objective is to assemble a good team

Doltos is close to the optimal spare parts team I think, maybe swap out Ryan Anderson for Marcus Morris and JJ Redick for Will Barton to get closer to the cap

• Locked thread