Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will be your champions come Sunday Morning?
This poll is closed.
Bisping/Garbrandt/Jdrzejczyk 51 29.82%
Bisping/Garbrandt/Namajunas 8 4.68%
Bisping/Dillishaw/Jdrzejczyk 16 9.36%
Bisping/Dillishaw/Namajunas 3 1.75%
St. Pierre/Dillishaw/Namajunas 12 7.02%
St. Pierre/Garbrandt/Jdrzejczyk 62 36.26%
St. Pierre/Garbrandt/Namajunas 6 3.51%
St. Pierre/Dillishaw/Jdrzejczyk 13 7.60%
Total: 171 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Did GSP actually do the flip after the fight?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
he "flipped" on his steroid dealer in order to avoid jail time

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Dr. Abysmal posted:

Did GSP actually do the flip after the fight?

he no longer flips since Mutons negate agility bonuses.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Commonshore posted:

The promo shots and staredowns of JJ (glamour glamour) and Rose (psychopathic staredowns) are starting to give me a Rocky III feeling about this match. Rose's kryptonite is people who will wrestle her, and JJ isn't going to do that. That means we're looking at an aggressive kickboxing match with Rose threatening submissions here and there.

Rose by TKO or submission might be a live underdog bet. If available, Rose TKO (cuts) might have particularly good value as a long shot bet, and it's worth a fiver.

:smugdog:

Had I been not too lazy to bet, I could have won $125 for that fiver on the Rose by TKO +2500 line.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Yeah I could have won a million dollars off a parlay too wow betting the day after the event is great.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Lucky for GSP that USADA hasn't figured out how to catch someone guzzling gallons of cum for their TRT

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar
If Anderson somehow wins his fight they’re gonna make a gsp v Anderson fight.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

Work Friend Keven posted:

lol

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
We could have possibly had a second two division champ this year is Jones wasn't an idiot. He couldn't even cheat as well as Bisping.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I hope GSP pops hot so that bisping retains his title in the way that is sure to upset the absolute maximum number of people. In fact I want every ufc champion to lose their belt and for every single one of the people that beats them to pop hot afterwards. Inshallah

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Skip My Posts posted:

yeah, i think he's gonna beat mighty mouse

I think so too

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I dunno how to call DJ vs TJ but it'd be a close fight and it needs to happen

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Lol

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

...and the pitch! posted:

Was GSP as in danger as his bloody face makes it look?

Nope.

I thought Bisping would defend takedowns and pepper him up over 5 but GSP solidly outstruck Bisping. GSP had his mouth open early and looked tired but he didn't really slow down. It was a straight up asswhopping to be honest. Totally didn't expect that result

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

tesilential posted:

Nope.

I thought Bisping would defend takedowns and pepper him up over 5 but GSP solidly outstruck Bisping. GSP had his mouth open early and looked tired but he didn't really slow down. It was a straight up asswhopping to be honest. Totally didn't expect that result

I'm pretty sure most of that damage on GSP was from Bisping off his back doing a Mousasi impression.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
I'm pretty sure the most damage on GSP is to his liver, kidneys, heart, and lungs due to their grotesque swelling as a result of abusing Human Growth Hormone.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar
If GSP doesn't take out Bisping when he did, I think that Bisping takes rounds 3-5. I think he was well on his way to winning round 3 when GSP nailed him.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Was JJ outmatched?

gsp wouldnt have won a decision , i dont know if bisping could have finished him though. well its all academic since he choked him out anyway

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

I.N.R.I posted:

gsp wouldnt have won a decision , i dont know if bisping could have finished him though. well its all academic since he choked him out anyway

GSP won the first, lost the second and would have won the third if Bisping survives the choke so it is a little weird to say he wouldn't have won a decision. He needed one more round.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
like i said its academic

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Its academic & not athletic because the fight was decided by science in the form of steroids.

freud mayweather
Jan 29, 2009

Its academic & not athletic because the fight was decided by science in the form of steroids.

bisping's only weakness

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

If GSP said he was happy he won the fight but knew he was past his prime and couldn't compete against a guy ten years younger like Whittaker I wouldn't hold it against him to to relinquish the belt and retire again. What he did after a four year lay off is pretty pretty epic when it comes to MMA.

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.
Yeah Bisping totally could've won were he not almost knocked out and then choked unconscious. This is a totally relevant conversation to have.

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.

Was JJ outmatched?

Ate some nasty elbows while he was on top of Bisping but they didn't seem to faze him much. Aside from that and one solid jab that Bisping landed that I can remember, GSP never looked like he was in an serious danger.

What the hell happened to Joanna? Is Namajunas that powerful of a striker, or was it was simple as her floundering when she goes against someone with similar reach?

I just watched Namajunas's post-fight interview, and it's very sad that a retarded girl is being forced to cage fight.

il serpente cosmico fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Nov 6, 2017

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
GSP was gassed.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
Didnt bisping gas against kennedy

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

il serpente cosmico posted:

Ate some nasty elbows while he was on top of Bisping but they didn't seem to faze him much. Aside from that and one solid jab that Bisping landed that I can remember, GSP never looked like he was in an serious danger.

What the hell happened to Joanna? Is Namajunas that powerful of a striker, or was it was simple as her floundering when she goes against someone with similar reach?

I just watched Namajunas's post-fight interview, and it's very sad that a retarded girl is being forced to cage fight.

she feels very normal, actually

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
She's a wee dafty

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries
Conor vs Gsp at 170 would be really cool.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

willie_dee posted:

Nope

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

willie_dee posted:

lol

GSP would throw Conor around like a larger, excellent-at-wrestling person would throw around a smaller, bad-at-wrestling person.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Josuke Higashikata posted:

A Middleweight who was never good is actually Chris Weidman Luck Rockhold Jacare Mousassi Uriah Hall Anderson Silva

freud mayweather posted:

he was getting clearly exhausted from missing overhand rights and failing to keep bisping down, and it looked like he'd either lose a lopsided decision or take an accumulation tko. then he landed a gorgeous punch and showed a killer instinct we've never really seen from him before. it was pretty great.

We usually see him fight people who are better.

il serpente cosmico posted:

It was a mechanically perfect punch, with all of Thug's weight and torque behind it.

Snowman_McK fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Nov 6, 2017

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

david carmichael posted:

Didnt bisping gas against kennedy

And Chael iirc.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

willie_dee posted:

It will never happen. Mostly because Conor will never fight in the UFC again.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
The goddamn negotiations for a GSP/Conor fight would be hellish.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Has there ever been any ~epo chatter around 38 year old infinite gas tank Mike Bisping?

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Ratios and Tendency posted:

Has there ever been any ~epo chatter around 38 year old infinite gas tank Mike Bisping?

He doesn’t carry a ton of muscle to slow him down and seems to have really good conditioning. It’s not all that crazy to me. Doesn’t blow his adrenaline load quick nowadays either.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Ratios and Tendency posted:

Some people from his old fight camp accused him of doping. Rampage was the loudest about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Triticum Guzzler posted:

I think so too

so does mighty mouse

• Locked thread