Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Wherever you can find a man still wearing jnco, there you will find zandig

I mean, jeff hardy is still around

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Does the NWA have an actual roster right now? The closest I can find is the CWFH roster and uhhhhhhh maybe Timothy Thatcher is their next top guy? idk, he was the only name that stuck out to me

either way, if they’re going to be a nationwide promotion in TYOOL 2017 and not just a load of disparate territories which’ll probably go bankrupt within two years, they kinda need a somewhat stable roster of folks on call to wrestle across the country, idk

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Venomous posted:

Does the NWA have an actual roster right now?

no

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Venomous posted:

Does the NWA have an actual roster right now? The closest I can find is the CWFH roster and uhhhhhhh maybe Timothy Thatcher is their next top guy? idk, he was the only name that stuck out to me

either way, if they’re going to be a nationwide promotion in TYOOL 2017 and not just a load of disparate territories which’ll probably go bankrupt within two years, they kinda need a somewhat stable roster of folks on call to wrestle across the country, idk

Who needs a roster when you have Tim Storm

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I mean, the NWA's probably not going to be a thing in the 21st century but honestly, there's probably lots of worse ways to go about rebuilding it than to focus on the champion, build up a title match in an established indy with an established talent and some exposure, and grow out from there. Its theoretically a more thought out plan than just throwing together a bunch of indy matches and trying to create a company out of thin air. No? That didn't seem to work for Tharpe.

I mean, I know its NWA and Corgan and Tim Storm and the "name" is just Magnus (and not even "Magnus"). But in fairness you can't change the fact that the NWA is a joke right now. You can only try and make it not a joke and that will take time and a lot more than a thrown together indy card.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

You know...
Watching somebody be successful with an indy fed would be refreshing for once.
It obviously isn't going to happen here but it would still be nice.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

ChrisBTY posted:

You know...
Watching somebody be successful with an indy fed would be refreshing for once.
It obviously isn't going to happen here but it would still be nice.

Isn't the indy scene like in the absolute best shape it's been in since the territory days?

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

STAC Goat posted:

I mean, the NWA's probably not going to be a thing in the 21st century but honestly, there's probably lots of worse ways to go about rebuilding it than to focus on the champion, build up a title match in an established indy with an established talent and some exposure, and grow out from there. Its theoretically a more thought out plan than just throwing together a bunch of indy matches and trying to create a company out of thin air. No? That didn't seem to work for Tharpe.

I mean, I know its NWA and Corgan and Tim Storm and the "name" is just Magnus (and not even "Magnus"). But in fairness you can't change the fact that the NWA is a joke right now. You can only try and make it not a joke and that will take time and a lot more than a thrown together indy card.

I mean I don't get the sense that the NWA is toxic in the way, say, TNA is. At worst it's just not very relevant, which means it's starting from the same base as every other indy promotion out there.

So it's just going to be a question of how much money Corgan can lose before he has to pull out.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Maxwell Lord posted:

I mean I don't get the sense that the NWA is toxic in the way, say, TNA is. At worst it's just not very relevant, which means it's starting from the same base as every other indy promotion out there.

So it's just going to be a question of how much money Corgan can lose before he has to pull out.

It's this, yeah. the NWA brand isn't toxic, it's just irrelevant.

ribtstu
Feb 11, 2017
the ten pounds of gold vids are really good

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Maxwell Lord posted:

The NWA name is associated with concepts like 'antiquated' 'outdated' 'A husk of its former self'. It has a lot of baggage in the sense that it's almost impossible to take seriously in 2017.
You see Corgan trying to buy the NWA and think 'oh THAT thing :rolleyes:"
Not exactly a positive connotation when you're trying to build a brand.
And what's the upside? Because I'm not seeing one.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

ChrisBTY posted:

The NWA name is associated with concepts like 'antiquated' 'outdated' 'A husk of its former self'. It has a lot of baggage in the sense that it's almost impossible to take seriously in 2017.
You see Corgan trying to buy the NWA and think 'oh THAT thing :rolleyes:"
Not exactly a positive connotation when you're trying to build a brand.
And what's the upside? Because I'm not seeing one.

The upside is that Billy Corgan also thought TNA was a positive brand, so he think any brand value is good value.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

rare Magic card l00k posted:

The upside is that Billy Corgan also thought TNA was a positive brand, so he think any brand value is good value.

That uh... kind of just seems like another downside. A bad one

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Aesop Poprock posted:

That uh... kind of just seems like another downside. A bad one

It is an upside in that it is funny to me.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

If its not a traveling title, the NWA belt is just another trophy for a promotion. Really hard to convince me that I should care about a thing that looks like the thing Harley Race used to carry.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I feel like there's enough mid level Indies you could feasibly do a United Indy NWA since they mostly share talent anyways

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

imo bringing a bunch of promotions under your umbrellas is a bad idea and they should stick to periodic running super shows under the nwa banner that they build to with social media, a travelling champ, and the occasional angle at another promotion willing to let you piggyback

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

oatgan posted:

imo bringing a bunch of promotions under your umbrellas is a bad idea and they should stick to periodic running super shows under the nwa banner that they build to with social media, a travelling champ, and the occasional angle at another promotion willing to let you piggyback

Yeah that's probably the best, have it be a sort of connective tissue in the Indy world rather than the boss of it

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Yeah that's probably the best, have it be a sort of connective tissue in the Indy world rather than the boss of it

problem is convincing a core group of guys to let NWA offices handle all their bookings. Not a lot of indie dudes are into that unless the money's right. We're talking in the high 5 figures with travel+per diem.

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I think that's a solid approach.

One thought I had was if you could build the brand up to some kind of viability creating some kind of "showcase" promotion that would bring in talent from the different indies, giving them exposure as well as their promotions, the showcase promotion controls the belts so there's no promoters squabbling over who gets the belt, and if it's a successful endeavor you could treat the showcase like a "premiere league" of sorts with smaller feds acting almost like developmental territories, hence the Alliance.

Who am I kidding it would probably fail within a month. Gonna see if I can pull it off in TEW though.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Everyone buy Billy WILLIAM PATRICK CORGAN's new album so the NWA can live forever

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!

Venomous posted:

Everyone buy Billy WILLIAM PATRICK CORGAN's new album so the NWA can live forever

Well if he was really willing to sink his fortune into it, it could anyway as he is worth a pretty good chunk of change.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/RollingStone/status/928740750866731010

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANGMpJeVf_8

Ghidzilla
May 12, 2009
Does Tim Storm even have an established finish?

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Ghidzilla posted:

According to wikipedia he uses a swinging side slam called "Perfect Storm"

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I chuckled a bit when Tim Storm swore he never blew up during a match. Dude, you turn purple 3 minutes in.

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian

coconono posted:

I chuckled a bit when Tim Storm swore he never blew up during a match. Dude, you turn purple 3 minutes in.

can't get gassed if you never step on the pedal

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Ghidzilla posted:

Heart attack mostly likely, drug overdose is also possible

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

:drat:

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

God help me I am in LA for work at the moment and I could probably drive the 40-60 miles out of the way to go see Storm/Aldis on sunday. That or do laundry.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
do it. why ever say "i could do this extremely good and cool idea. . . ." if you arent actually going to do it

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

MotU posted:

do it. why ever say "i could do this extremely good and cool idea. . . ." if you arent actually going to do it

Yeah but then he'd have to watch Magnus wrestle

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

I'm in LA but can't make the NWA title match, it's up in Oxnard even though the promotion is called Hollywood.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

MassRafTer posted:

Yeah but then he'd have to watch Magnus wrestle

thats fine even bad things can be good things

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

MotU posted:

thats fine even bad things can be good things

Ah yes, the reverse of WWE's booking philosophy

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

The Magnus/Storm show is today, right? Is it something that will be streamed, or is it just a TV taping? Got nothing better to do on a Sunday.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I believe it's just a taping. If it's a title change I expect everyone will hear about it by the end of the night

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
It'll be on their facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/NWA/ 6 Eastern/3 Pacific

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/nwa/status/929831970867220486

https://twitter.com/nwa/status/929843007460843521

rovert fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Nov 12, 2017