Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Costco opened 20 minutes ago and the checkout lines are at full length.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
look at this noob who doesnt lineup prim-o spot right infront of the door 25 minutes before they open (because if you show 24 minutes then you get el noobo secondary spot, not good!) and then powerbumrush the store to the exit

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

dungeness crab

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Gotta hit the 'sco this weekend for a 2-pack of Dr. Bronners Magic Hemp Peppermint Pure Castile Soap. ALL ONE!

large hands
Jan 24, 2006
got 2 nice yellowfin tuna steaks for tataki tonight.

they have wings at the food court here now:

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

large hands posted:

You know that by posting you're now legally obligated to give the thread a review of them

large hands
Jan 24, 2006
no food court for me today but I'll get some next time.

also that's 1.17 us dollars for a 1/4 pound plus all beef hot dog and 20oz POP (with refill)

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo
I just moved to Lincoln, NE and I was miserable because there wasn't a Costco. But now they just opened a Costco and it owns.

That's my Costco story, now I'm gonna go eat burrito bowl that I got from Costco.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

large hands posted:

Fries and chicken wings and poo poo :wtf: where are you I want to experience this madness

large hands
Jan 24, 2006

Good soup! posted:

Fries and chicken wings and poo poo :wtf: where are you I want to experience this madness

and poutine. West coast Canada. they used to do a tasty Montreal smoked meat sandwich but they ditched it a couple years ago, sadly

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Canada is the best

Math You
Oct 27, 2010

So put your faith
in more than steel
The wings are 100% solid. My warehouse was the first to get em about 2 years ago.
Sauces served on the side so they stay nice and crispy. Honestly don't need sauce though.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

So I guess the next time I head through YVR I need to make a run over to the Costco next to BC Place.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

large hands posted:

and poutine. West coast Canada. they used to do a tasty Montreal smoked meat sandwich but they ditched it a couple years ago, sadly

They def still have the smoked meat here in Toronto. I can't confirm but I think they use the Schwartz's stuff that you can buy in-store, which is legit, OG smoked meat.

We should all post pics of our various localized food court menus and add it to the OP.

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed

binge crotching posted:

So I guess the next time I head through YVR I need to make a run over to the Costco next to BC Place.

BC Place doesn't have the wings yet. Richmond might, both Burnaby ones certainly do.

large hands
Jan 24, 2006

flashy_mcflash posted:

They def still have the smoked meat here in Toronto. I can't confirm but I think they use the Schwartz's stuff that you can buy in-store, which is legit, OG smoked meat.

We should all post pics of our various localized food court menus and add it to the OP.

they still sell the Dunn's smoked meat pouches here, just don't sell sandwiches made with them at the food court, honestly they were great but a little weird because they made them with these triangular ciabatta buns.

i quite like the turkey provolone baked sandwich, although it's salty as heck and big enough for two people

looking forward to hitting the maui Costco when we're there in January, Costco poke ftw

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Costco fact of the day - Christopher "Ludacris" Bridges wrote the 2001 hit "Move Bitch" after a Saturday morning trip to Costco.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

*dabs sweating forehead with handkerchief*

DustyNuts
Jun 1, 2000

Have you seen me?

Today's haul:

3x Ultimate Sherpa Throws (Teal, Blue, Brown)
Box of Red Lobster Cheddar Bay biscuit mix (makes 40) for $4.25
Bigass quinoa salad
Fresh cilantro lime shrimp
Hooded winter coat for the wife
TP
Kirkland Ibuprofen 2 pack
Dogfish Head IPA Christmas 12 pack
3x Hot dogs w/soda and refill

The cats are already very much on the sherpa throws.

PBUC

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

:discourse:

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Hey... I don't have a costco membership, but... can I get one of those pizzas?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

DustyNuts posted:

Fresh cilantro lime shrimp

plz review

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

moolchaba posted:

Our foodcourt is outside, they don't even ask!

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

moolchaba posted:

Just walk in the back, food court is open to everyone.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

May I post this deal for newcomers to the faith:
https://costcomembershipoffer.com/purchase/open/visasocial

Costco membership, $20 Costco card, 12 pack of Kirkland towels, some Kirkland vitamin water and a goddamn food court pizza for $60

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Tim Whatley posted:

Costco membership, $20 Costco card, 12 pack of Kirkland towels, some Kirkland vitamin water and a goddamn food court pizza for $60

Thats a smokin' deal right there.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

They have a standup in the Christmas Area (tm) that has a gift membership to give this holiday season, though this year everyone gets a Sherpa throw.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
I love that pizza robot

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

I am strangely fond of this thread considering I have never set foot in Costco, in fact there isn't one in my entire country. I would have to cross open water to reach a land where the 1/4lb all-beef hotdog and drink (with refill) for 1.50 can be found. :(

What makes me post is this folk song about another supermarket chain that I think could easily be adapted to be about the mysterious wonders of the 'Co

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cL7jyXCQ2Zc

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM
My local 'stco stopped selling the $30 Levi's so I have been dangerously low on pants for a while. I tried some of the Urban Star $15 pants they had but I didn't like them, the fabric had a weird stretchiness to them. Luckily they had some online so I order a couple with free shipping, PBUC

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

Super Waffle posted:

My local 'stco stopped selling the $30 Levi's so I have been dangerously low on pants for a while. I tried some of the Urban Star $15 pants they had but I didn't like them, the fabric had a weird stretchiness to them. Luckily they had some online so I order a couple with free shipping, PBUC

I only wear urban star jeans because of the stretchiness. It allows me to eat as many 'co dogs as I want and my pants still fit.

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot

Tim Whatley posted:

I'm signing up for this but now I'm worried that my car will be too small to bring back the items from costco. Do they sell SUVs?

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

gently caress the ROW posted:

I'm signing up for this but now I'm worried that my car will be too small to bring back the items from costco. Do they sell SUVs?

Actually, they do.

https://www.costcoauto.com

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

gently caress the ROW posted:

Don't worry. Shop online and Costco will send the stuff to you!

Also I drive a Honda Civic and it's plenty big enough for my Costco pilgrimages.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I live in Japan's Costco No Man's Land :cry:

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

One of the unexpected benefits of a Costco membership is that you come to appreciate just how spacious your Nissan sedan really is.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Teikanmi posted:

I live in Japan's Costco No Man's Land :cry:

I see 8 of them on that map and I am pretty sure that map doesn't cover that large of an area as Japan isn't all that big. Do you not drive or something?

Tokyo to Sakura is 1 hour by car.

Trastion fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Nov 6, 2017

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Trastion posted:

I see 8 of them on that map and I am pretty sure that map doesn't cover that large of an area as Japan isn't all that big. Do you not drive or something?

Tokyo traffic is insane. And depending upon the time of day, you really don't want to try and carry your Costco haul on the subway.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

slave to my cravings posted:

I only wear urban star jeans because of the stretchiness. It allows me to eat as many 'co dogs as I want and my pants still fit.

:hf:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Trastion posted:

Tokyo to Sakura is 1 hour by car.

bahahahaha owning a car in Tokyo are you nuts dude, aside from how unbelievably expensive it is and how insane the traffic is, the train and subway system in Japan is kind of one of the things they're known for

Also Tokyo is loving huge, it takes like an hour for me to go from my house (the star) to the Kawasaki Costco, you probably just don't realize how loving massive the city is

edit: see for yourself