Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will be your champions come Sunday Morning?
This poll is closed.
Bisping/Garbrandt/Jdrzejczyk 51 29.82%
Bisping/Garbrandt/Namajunas 8 4.68%
Bisping/Dillishaw/Jdrzejczyk 16 9.36%
Bisping/Dillishaw/Namajunas 3 1.75%
St. Pierre/Dillishaw/Namajunas 12 7.02%
St. Pierre/Garbrandt/Jdrzejczyk 62 36.26%
St. Pierre/Garbrandt/Namajunas 6 3.51%
St. Pierre/Dillishaw/Jdrzejczyk 13 7.60%
Total: 171 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I guess it's finally time to admit that Bisping isn't the greatest fighter of all time.

Only the greatest middleweight...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Bundt Cake posted:

sean sherk said it takes 5 years to build up the cardio for 5 rounds , and he was roiding like crazy

Yeah but e: some steroids take your cardio. Not saying Sherk wouldn't have avoided those, but doping could definitely affect how your body changes in terms of cardio adaptation.

kimbo305 fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Nov 6, 2017

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Marching Powder posted:

whoever said cody is fighting's idiot savant is on the money

Cross quoting from the most recent GDT, that was me and that was the only thing I got right about the most ridiculous card this year.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Also, was using ARod to open the show and talk about other NYC teams clever or dumb?
I don't know enough about people's take on ARod these days to understand.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
they simply could not function without his tireless efforts, a round of applause for inanimate carbon rod

2 fat 4 my lambo
Oct 9, 2003

WEED POOP
I'LL SHOW HIM INANIMATE

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Untrustable posted:

No one's talking about Stephen Thompson's win over Masvidal. Who should he fight next? You really can't throw him up against Woodley again. Maybe Colby Covington or...or...I think everyone else is booked up. Even fuckin Ponzinibbio.

The only reason I remember that fight is so I can complain about it nearly putting me and my friends to sleep. gently caress wonder boy forever.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Wonderboy is basically white gangly Machida.

Karate counter puncher
Trained by dad
Drinks piss???

Does cool karate stuff if you engage him, but if you don't it might be a loooooong night.

Then you put him up against a guy who likes standing with his back to the cage doing nothing and you have the most electrifying instant rematch in UFC history.

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
It's the only way to fight
In guard
Wonderboy is the new Fitch. He's just gonna sit in that #1 slot and derail anyone else trying to get a title shot. They're gonna have to start keeping guys away from him and teasing him with phony #1 contender fights cause nobody wants to see a 3rd Woodley match.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries
I'm not a massive fan of Redditors, but someone on their found out that fight pass puts a bitcoin miner on your PC without permission and uses a ton of resources.

https://np.reddit.com/r/MMA/comments/7b4zdk/fight_pass_is_shady_ysk_ufc_fight_pass_is_using/dpf96js/

mewse
May 2, 2006

willie_dee posted:

I'm not a massive fan of Redditors, but someone on their found out that fight pass puts a bitcoin miner on your PC without permission and uses a ton of resources.

https://np.reddit.com/r/MMA/comments/7b4zdk/fight_pass_is_shady_ysk_ufc_fight_pass_is_using/dpf96js/

If this is true then it's probably just the UFC servers being compromised which wouldn't be surprising unfortunately

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
Like every single one of those reports about a website installing bitcoin miners, its usually either an advertiser doing so without their permission or a security breach.

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.

2 fat 4 my lambo posted:

I'LL SHOW HIM INANIMATE

Very polite of Arlovski to wait for Mir's controller to get plugged back in.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Wonderboy Masvidal was good and cool

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Also we're basically guaranteed to get Bisping vs Romero now and I'm so happy about that

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Fat Twitter Man posted:

Also we're basically guaranteed to get Bisping vs Romero now and I'm so happy about that

I could easily see Bisping picking a fight with someone essier and then retiring if he wins.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Wouldn’t be surprised if Bisping retired to duck Romero. I️ would after that creepy rear end Embedded cameo.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Let's see Jacare take on Bisping.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

2 fat 4 my lambo posted:

I'LL SHOW HIM INANIMATE

I miss frank mir

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug

Bluedeanie posted:

I could easily see Bisping picking a fight with someone easier and then retiring if he wins.

Totally this.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
Artem Lobov believes he should be cut by the UFC, proving once and for all that Artem Lobov is a man who just wants to give the people what they want

Bluedeanie posted:

I could easily see Bisping picking a fight with someone essier and then retiring if he wins.
This is why he's the greatest

Romero will never get to beat the poo poo out of my beautiful boy

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

El Roncho posted:

Very polite of Arlovski to wait for Mir's controller to get plugged back in.

lol

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

Frank Mir is the last tired fat guy without a shirt I'd want to gently caress with.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

henkman posted:

I miss frank mir

Well he signed with Bellator back in August.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Frank Mir is the last tired fat guy without a shirt I'd want to gently caress with.

Have you seen Roy Nelson?

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

willie_dee posted:

Conor vs Gsp at 170 would be really cool.

Not really and this would only happen if Dana White finally had enough of Conor and decided to throw him to the wolves but instead of wolves he meant a french-canadian.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

JaySB posted:

Have you seen Roy Nelson?

Yeah it’s gross

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

Skip My Posts posted:

Yeah it’s gross

I feel like he would smell horrible.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah why would Dana white match up his biggest stars to make the most money. He clearly protects Conor from match ups he may lose like Diaz and mayweather

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Captain Log posted:

Frank Mir is the last tired fat guy without a shirt I'd want to gently caress

Fixed for Frank mir's wife.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

CRISPYBABY posted:

Does cool karate stuff if you engage him, but if you don't it might be a loooooong night.

If he threw his rushing 1-2s with more power, more accuracy, or more often (pick 2), he would be a lot more exciting.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Bundt Cake posted:

i think he had a job then but he trained like a pro even when he had a job. maybe his strength and wrestling have picked up but i dunno. the reason i brought it up is he hasnt fought at 135 in a long time, he wasnt an elite wrestler there, and brad pickett was the worst wrestler who gave him problems

You think that maybe a guy who effortlessly outwrestled an olympian, a member of team alpha male and a Sambo champion might have improved in 7 years. Maybe, you dunno. He wasn't an elite anything at that point in his career. It was his first fight at a venue that wasn't also a waffle stand.

Brad Pickett is actually a solid wrestler, symptomatic of the magical place that was the WEC, where British guys could wrestle and Japanese fighters had really great title fights instead of just being depressing drunks.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I guess it's finally time to admit that Bisping isn't the greatest fighter of all time.

Only the greatest middleweight...

He's not even the best middleweight to lose to a title fight to a welterweight.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Snowman_McK posted:

You think that maybe a guy who effortlessly outwrestled an olympian, a member of team alpha male and a Sambo champion might have improved in 7 years. Maybe, you dunno. He wasn't an elite anything at that point in his career. It was his first fight at a venue that wasn't also a waffle stand.

Brad Pickett is actually a solid wrestler, symptomatic of the magical place that was the WEC, where British guys could wrestle and Japanese fighters had really great title fights instead of just being depressing drunks.

A. Pettis, Bendo, Cruz and Cerrone were all on the Main Card of WEC 53. What a magical card that was.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Joanna was absolutely adamant on the MMA Hour this afternoon that she did not tap to strikes. She must have really been knocked loopy.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Snowman_McK posted:

He's not even the best middleweight to lose to a title fight to a welterweight.

Yeah that's Yoel Romero.

Although moving to Middle seems to have been the magic Bullet for Bobby Knuckles

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Memento posted:

Yeah that's Yoel Romero.

Although moving to Middle seems to have been the magic Bullet for Bobby Knuckles

Johny must be very upset that as a fellow fat welter, he can't get any traction at 185.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

Le Saboteur posted:

Joanna was absolutely adamant on the MMA Hour this afternoon that she did not tap to strikes. She must have really been knocked loopy.

If only she was on Rogan's podcast so he could immediately force her to watch the video where she very clearly taps to strikes.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Snowman_McK posted:

Yeah I kinda doubt he improved that much at wrestling

mewse
May 2, 2006

Le Saboteur posted:

She tapped, it's on tape, but that doesn't mean she did it intentionally

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Someone ask Alistair Overeem if he saw the tap

• Locked thread