Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Recommended by 10 out of 10 Aragami

I still can't believe Lanzon made it to the super boss :allears:

Congrats on finishing this LP Ragnar, it was fun to read and really useful, especially with Bosses/FOEs strategies and the class breakdowns.

Edit: poo poo, update in the previous page :v:

Ragnar Homsar posted:

The end.

Thank you very much for reading.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

The ennnnnd!

Mission accomplished!

Efe
Feb 2, 2016

I make alive things dead and sometimes the other way around.
Now that's what I call a superboss. I'll be damned if I don't enjoy every second of fighting that thing, whenever I reach it.

Great job on another LP completed, and making it look way easier than it probably will be.

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.
I am sad to say that EO5 will unfortunately not be archived. I sent a request to baldurk and he said the offsite hosting on rhematic made it impossible, and the expectation for SSLPs is that they be hosted directly on the Archive.

That's just how it goes, I guess.

Level Seven
Feb 14, 2013

Wubba dubba dubba
that blew.

Megamarm
Time to rewrite each update to fit in post limits then, get on it.

Great job with the great LP, absolutely will keep referring to all this glorious info while doing my playthrough.

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

Level Seven posted:

Time to rewrite each update to fit in post limits then, get on it.

I mean, you're probably kidding, but I am planning out how to convert updates to test poster things, since those can be archived. I'm just...tired today.

BlackPersona
Oct 21, 2012

Thanks for the LP! I've been using it as a guide for my own playthrough, especially the class write-ups for Master Titles. You did an amazing job on the LP, story and mechanic-wise :)

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
The test posters don't have a character limit. Or if they do, they're a lot bigger than SA's character limits.

Anyways, good job with the LP! Congrats on getting it finished!

Level Seven
Feb 14, 2013

Wubba dubba dubba
that blew.

Megamarm

Ragnar Homsar posted:

I mean, you're probably kidding, but I am planning out how to convert updates to test poster things, since those can be archived. I'm just...tired today.

Of course I was kidding, some of those updates look like they'd take at least two posts to fit, never mind thinking of clean ways to split them.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Star Devourer? More like dirt devourer, that was simply brutal.

The ending implication is that Arken* and party traveled to our Earth right? The gigantic moon is kinda a tell. But screw Magda for proposing the Dinogator species and Arken for agreeing; the squirrels (:argh:) probably hid inside a backpack (and then made off with an Ariadne Thread on the new planet of course).

*how they localized Archon

This is probably the last Etrian game, barring maybe a third Untold. The 3ds is going to get phased out now that the Switch counts as both the home and handheld console and I don't see this series working without the main screen/map screen setup.
So long and thanks for all the maps, beautiful crazy series.

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

Omobono posted:

This is probably the last Etrian game, barring maybe a third Untold. The 3ds is going to get phased out now that the Switch counts as both the home and handheld console and I don't see this series working without the main screen/map screen setup.
So long and thanks for all the maps, beautiful crazy series.

Shigeo Komori, director of every EO game besides 1 and 4, said there's one last "non-numbered" EO game coming out for the 3DS.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Ragnar Homsar posted:

Shigeo Komori, director of every EO game besides 1 and 4, said there's one last "non-numbered" EO game coming out for the 3DS.

That's nice news, thanks.
What does "not-numbered" mean? Untold 3 or something else? Because let me tell you, I'd love to play a fixed and rebalanced 3, with maybe actually useful farmers.

I actually managed to type that last sentence with a straight face mostly straight face without giggling too hard.

unrelated: I meant to ask, where's your new avatar from?

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

Omobono posted:

unrelated: I meant to ask, where's your new avatar from?

Komi-san wa Comyushou Desu. It's a comedy manga about a high schooler who everyone admires but is extremely socially anxious and bad at communication. Whenever she's in "socially anxious" mode she makes the blank face with cartoon eyes in my avatar.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Ragnar Homsar posted:

Please do! It would be an absolute goddamn shame if this LP wasn't archived. You three made this game so beautiful and immersive with the story you created.
Thank you so much for putting all the effort into making such a good LP.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

:toot: Finally it's done, huh?

I'll hold off watching the boss fight until I actually get there myself, but anyway, congrats for finishing another EO LP!

Arcade Rabbit
Nov 11, 2013

I don't remember where I saw it, but I believe they said they'd be moving the series to the Switch after the non-numbered game. I don't know how they'd keep the map making aspect, but considering the effort and innovation from this game, I doubt they're ready to drop the series anytime soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
I’m sad to see this finish. But god drat it’s been entertaining as hell.

• Locked thread