Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Raw Results
  • Raw is in Manchester, England. MizTV had Miz warning Baron Corbin he would defeat him at Survivor Series. He accused Kurt Angle of setting him up for Braun Strowman as well as locking in Daniel Bryan so Kane could get to him. Angle denied these claims but did admit that Braun's price for being on Team Raw at Survivor Series was to get a one-on-one match with Miz tonight.

• Elias (who a guy shouted he would marry) asked the crowd if they wanted to hear Wonderwall, then sang a derogatory song before Jason Jordan interupted. Jordan won a Guitar on a Pole match against Elias, with the crowd mostly feeling indifferent or openly hostile towards Jordan in spite of Elias' heeling.

• Kurt Angle got mad at The Bar backstage for trying to undercut/manipulate him. They admitted they wanted a shot at the tag titles so they could face the Usos at Survivor Series, and he gave them a shot against Dean and Seth tonight.

• Asuka murdered a jobber called Stacey Coates. Stacey's grandma was in the front row to watch the execution. Alicia Fox appeared in what seemed to be a pre-taped vignette to announce Asuka was on Team Raw for Survivor Series.

• Samoa Joe ran through Apollo and Titus as they were coming to the ring for Titus vs Joe. Joe choked out Titus on the ramp, got in the ring and declared he would run through ANYBODY who got in his way, and called out anybody to answer his challenge. Finn Balor immediately answered that challenge.

• Samoa Joe and Finn Balor ended in a double-countout after they two wouldn't stop fighting outside of the ring. The match was very good and got a lot of time, and after the result the two still refused to stop fighting and had to be dragged apart. Kurt Angle came out and announced that he appreciated their passion, and was putting them BOTH on Team Raw. Even then Balor still took a dive off the entrance platform to get one final shot on Joe.

• Bo Dallas and Curtis Axel gave Miz a pep-talk backstage to hype him up for his match against Braun.

• Kurt Angle called Daniel Bryan to apologize to him for the attack by Kane the previous week. Jason Jordan showed up and Kurt put him onto Team Raw.

• Sasha Banks did an interview reminding that she lead Team Raw to victory last year and both she and Bayley had better be on the team this year, but Alicia hasn't contacted them yet.

• Sasha and Bayley defeated Alicia and Nia in match that got a lot of time, with Sasha submitting Alicia. Afterwards, a furious Alicia shouted that she needed and wanted Sasha on her team. However she quite specifically did not mention Bayley.

• Braun beat up Miz easily before Kane showed up and attacked him. Braun powered out of a chokeslam and hit Kane with the powerslam, but Kane sat up and was straight back to his feet. Braun knocked Kane out of the ring (he landed on his feet) and then got jumped from behind by Bo and Miz, but destroyed them both.

• Renee interviewed Seth and Dean backstage about The Bar, and wouldn't be drawn into whether she liked them or not because she is meant to be impartial. After Seth and Dean left she couldn't resist:

Abroham Lincoln posted:

don't leave her hanging!!!!!

• Enzo did a long and rambling promo to an indifferent crowd, mocking Kalisto as his next challenger for the Cruiserweight Title at Survivor Series. Kalisto came out but just sat down at a chair at ringside, at which point Enzo's opponent was revealed to be UK Champion Pete Dunne. The crowd went APESHIT for Dunne.

• Dunne defeated Enzo. Enzo almost stole a win by using the ropes for leverage but Kalisto drew the ref's attention to it, causing Enzo to bellow,"SNITCHES GET STITCHES!"

• Alexa Bliss did a backstage interview, upset about Nattie's claims that she'd run Alexa off. She was also irritated at Charlie for questioning her for running away from the Smackdown invaders a couple of weeks earlier.

• The Bar came out and revealed they were wearing Liverpool FC kits. It was announced that Roman Reigns returns next week and the Shield will be reunited.

• The Bar defeated Dean and Seth to become the new Raw Tag Team Champions. The match was solid if unspectacular until The New Day came out of nowhere to mock Raw for doing nothing in the wake of Smackdown's attack two weeks earlier. Kurt Angle called out the Raw Roster to fight off an expected second attack by the Smackdown roster. In the confusion, the Bar pinned the Shield and became the new Champs, while the New Day left happy to have caused chaos.

Smackdown Results
  • Shane McMahon talked poo poo about Raw, blaming Kurt and Stephanie for the attack on Bryan and pledging to get revenge as Team Captain at Survivor Series. He introduced The New Day to thank them for causing chaos at Raw last night. Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn came out to harangue Shane McMahon, and the war of words eventually lead to Sami Zayn vs Kofi Kingston.

• Kofi Kingston defeated Sami Zayn in match that ran roughly 10 minutes. Owens immediately jumped into the ring and attacked Kofi afterwards, then helped Sami up the ramp as the rest of the New Day came to Kofi's aid.

• The Bludgeon Brothers did another video package talking about the world being a horrible place.

• Dean Ambrose and Mojo Rawley are together in a commercial for xfinity for some bizarre reason.

• Randy Orton defeated Rusev with a great looking RKO to cement his place on Team Smackdown.

• Backstage, James Ellsworth - now off his leash - told Becky that a woman should know her place, that the Women's Revolution was just a line, and that she couldn't beat him because he was a man. Becky replied this was a ballsy statement for somebody who didn't have any.

• Becky Lynch submitted Ellsworth in a match that walked a fine line between terrible and fun (I liked it), with Ellsworth getting in a fair amount of offense before Becky destroyed him. After the match Carmella joined Ellsworth in the ring, then kicked him and left him lying.

• Nattie interrupted Shane and Charlotte backstage to tell him that she was willing to not only represent Smackdown in a title vs title match at Survivor Series, but would take Charlotte's place on Team Smackdown. Shane told her that because she got DQed at Hell in a Cell, she would be putting her title on the line next week on Smackdown, with the winner to face Alexa Bliss at Survivor Series.

• Chad Gable and Shelton Benjamin won by Countout against the Usos in a tag title match, after Gable took out an Uso with a chopblock outside the ring and he couldn't get back in by the end of the count. The announcers sold this as putting the Usos at risk for Survivor Series then promptly moved on.

• Renee interviewed AJ Styles backstage about Jinder Mahal's earlier comments that AJ would be an appetizer ahead of Brock Lesnar at Survivor Series.

• Next week, Sin Cara faces Baron Corbin for the Intercontinental Title and the New Day will face Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn.

• AJ Styles faced Jinder Mahal for the WWE Championship. It was the best match Jinder has ever been in, with AJ selling like a madman for him and the match being perfectly paced. But then as always happens the Singh Brothers interfered, AJ beat them up only to get hit with the Khallas from behind by Jinder and pinned 1. 2. Thre-

• AJ GOT HIS FOOT ON THE ROPES!

• :siren: AJ PINS JINDER! AJ IS THE NEW WWE CHAMPION! :derp: :siren:

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Nov 8, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
Shield/New Day should be a fun trios if Roman is well by then, but good lord is SS gonna have a lot of heel vs heel matches.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I am honestly liking the build for Survivor Series. Raw v Smackdown is something they've done many many times, of course, but for once they're acting like it matters.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
new day gonna trounce the shield because the shield is worthless to WWE if its not getting roman over

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Maxwell Lord posted:

I am honestly liking the build for Survivor Series. Raw v Smackdown is something they've done many many times, of course, but for once they're acting like it matters.

Agreed. Also goddamn Seth and Dean vs. New Day is gonna be SIIIICK.

EDIT: Oh I guess it's a trios match, I mentally assumed Roman would be on Team Raw.

SamuraiFoochs fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Nov 7, 2017

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

With the Braun and Miz stuff. Are they building towards Braun taking the title off Miz? Or with Kane getting involved, are they building to a Vince McMahon wank fest of "hey, heres two big guys in the ring together, surely you want to see that"?

(Although saying that I do indeed like both Kane and Braun. I just like Miz better.)

I wouldn't be against giving Braun the IC title, and putting him in a feud with Miz. You get the monster babyface with some gold, and teh Miz gets to be sneaky, snarky and mean, (which he is good at) and have to cheat to get the title, or use Bo and Curtis to gang up on the undefeatable big man.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Agreed. Also goddamn Seth and Dean vs. New Day is gonna be SIIIICK.

EDIT: Oh I guess it's a trios match, I mentally assumed Roman would be on Team Raw.

Reigns is still not cleared and they're unsure if he'll be at Survivor Series. Jason Jordan was literally his replacement for Team Raw

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Asuka is on... Team Smackdown? What?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Chris James 2 posted:

Reigns is still not cleared and they're unsure if he'll be at Survivor Series. Jason Jordan was literally his replacement for Team Raw

They said he'd be on Raw next week so I assumed that meant he was cleared. Guess not? I legit hope The Big Dog is okay. :)

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Alan_Shore posted:

Asuka is on... Team Smackdown? What?

No? She's on Team RAW. J-Ru messed up. :mad:

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

DarkstarIV posted:

The OP?

Asuka murdered a jobber called Stacey Coates. Stacey's grandma was in the front row to watch the execution. Alicia Fox appeared in what seemed to be a pre-taped vignette to announce Asuka was on Team Smackdown for Survivor Series.

Ah you edited before I replied.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Chris James 2 posted:

was it ever confirmed he had viral meningitis as well

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Raskolnikov38 posted:

There were conflicting reports of either viral meningitis or mumps. No confirmation one way or the other.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Raskolnikov38 posted:

It was the moops.

I mean mumps.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

MassRafTer posted:

It was the moops.

I mean mumps.

I mean that can progress into viral meningitis so it’s not mutually exclusive

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Pete Dunne showing up is pretty cool.

imo AJ should win the WWE Championship tomorrow.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

VJeff posted:

Pete Dunne showing up is pretty cool.

imo AJ should win the WWE Championship tomorrow.

If he can manage to dodge the Khallas, he has a chance

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Midnightghoul posted:

If he can manage to dodge the Khallas, he has a chance

sorry but some mysterious higher up has already decided he has NO CHANCE! NO CHANCE IN HELL!!

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

SamuraiFoochs posted:

They said he'd be on Raw next week so I assumed that meant he was cleared. Guess not? I legit hope The Big Dog is okay. :)

I’m assuming he was Team Raw but they’ve moved to this Shield/New Day thing because they can easily make it a tag match if this is going to be a last minute decision to clear him.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Pete Dunne should be on Raw full time, he’s one of the best heels they have

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Enzo's promos was one of the most awkward things I've seen in the ring in ages. Thank God Pete Dunne showed up to save the segment :neckbeard:

That title change was amazing

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??
I was at this Raw, sat right near where New Day did that promo and I would like to Thank WWE for editing around my drunken buffoonery. It was a pretty crap show but the main event was fun.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

DarkstarIV posted:

Sorry guys :(

Asuka being on Team Smackdown would be cool though :shobon:

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

With the whole poo poo of Roman and Bray getting sick scuttling best laid plans, it doesn't surprise me to get the titles off of Seth and Dean. It feels like they're going to torpedo The Shield reunion before the Rumble and get them both back into mediocre singles competition feuds for Mania while the death march to Roman's coronation continues ever onward once he returns.

They were always going to burn Seth and Dean's popularity at the altar of getting Roman over anyway at least this way they can still be good on their own, eventually again, while Vince drags us to hell with Roman leading the way.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Is Roman considered bad?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

New Day vs The Shield in a six man tag at Survivor Series is probably gonna be really goddamn good.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Not watched wrestling in a few months. My thoughts so far are

Braun is good
I can't understand cesaro anymore
Asuka is a real cutie
Titus owns

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

What's the recovery time for mumps/meningitis? Is there a chance Roman might miss Mania?

I hope not, because you know Vince would just push back the coronation to WM35. Might as well get it over and done with.

Also how long before we get "Die Jordan Die" chants?

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Blooming Brilliant posted:

What's the recovery time for mumps/meningitis? Is there a chance Roman might miss Mania?

I hope not, because you know Vince would just push back the coronation to WM35. Might as well get it over and done with.

Also how long before we get "Die Jordan Die" chants?

Mumps generally lasts a couple of weeks - meningitis 7-10 days (providing there are no complications). Of course bearing in mind they're both highly contagious and wrestling is a contact thing wwe are probably going to err on the side of caution.

E: I doubt Roman will miss mania unless there's something else going on

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
So I'm guessing Liverpool and Manchester have a sports rivalry?

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

CobiWann posted:

Yeah, they're the big football teams in the Northwest area.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

CobiWann posted:

A bit. Three top tier football teams between them

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

CobiWann posted:

Yes. Liverpool FC and Manchester United are the two most successful teams in English football history, with Liverpool having 18 league championships and Man Utd having 20. Liverpool hasn't won the league for like 30 years now though so nobody really cares about them outside of Liverpool anymore.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

More to the point, this season city, United and Liverpool are all in the top 5 of the table

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I'm renees fistbump trying desperately not to corpse at Ambrose

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
For those who weren't aware, Kairi is cool and good. I posted this in the NXT thread, but may as well post it here as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMksMatkzyA

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

I got bored and decided to do the dishes, missing Pete loving Dunne by about 5 minutes. God dammit.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

e: I was so mad I posted it twice.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I liked how genuinely enthusiastic Cole sounded about Dunne. I think he was just pleased that he actually knew something about a debuting guy from first-hand knowledge. He even called the finish properly, both by what the move is and then by the fancy name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ebi_sTnwI-g

Ronda's worked punches are looking good

• Locked thread