Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

worlds smallest violin for the guy who lives in tokyo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
I'll be in Tokyo later this month, looks like I won't be making the pilgrimage.

naem
May 29, 2011

Can't believe they named a city after a motorcycle

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

I had a beer with Stephen Harper once and now I like him.

Fun Shoe
If I cross the rainbow bridge that's on that map, will I see my dead pets or Asgard?

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

A seaside park for every kilometer. :japan:

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Former DILF posted:

worlds smallest violin for the guy who lives in tokyo

Tokyo sucks don’t move here

Instead of 1/4 lb all beef hot dogs and refills being central to everyday life they scattered them in the forbidden zones outside the cities where the radioactive ghouls hunt in packs

SpannerX posted:

If I cross the rainbow bridge that's on that map, will I see my dead pets or Asgard?

No just really overpriced shopping malls made for Chinese tourists and a lack of Sherpa throws and dogs

Teikanmi fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Nov 6, 2017

Lupin
Feb 21, 2007
I'm guessing none of you Tokyo goons are real Costco devotees and/or you've never actually driven there. Traffic isn't THAT bad and I used to commute to the Makuhari one all the time from Ikebukuro. Took 40 minutes or less which is completely acceptable for a visit to the Holy Temple of Costco. To be fair, it was usually on my motorbike, but you don't need that much room for some cheese and one 1/4 pound dog with refill.

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

You can get 3 dollar ramen in Tokyo. It's not a dog but im guessing its good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtVL76gh09U

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Guys, I just finished my first day at my new job. It isn't the seasonal job at Costco I mentioned before though. It is, however, a short drive from that Costco.

Naturally I'm celebrating with my usual $1.50 brat and vanilla yogurt.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

SpannerX posted:

Just banana peels and blue shells, tbh.

secular woods sex
Aug 1, 2000
I dispense wisdom by the gallon.
Two dogs and a chicken bake in one sitting, PBUC.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Hotdog In A Hallway posted:

Two dogs and a chicken bake in one sitting, PBUC.

Can we get a goonfund going for a ‘stco coffin for this giant of a man?

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747
Just had a dinner of Rotisserie chicken with roasted green beans and Normandy blend. PBUC

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

Lupin posted:

I'm guessing none of you Tokyo goons are real Costco devotees and/or you've never actually driven there. Traffic isn't THAT bad and I used to commute to the Makuhari one all the time from Ikebukuro. Took 40 minutes or less which is completely acceptable for a visit to the Holy Temple of Costco. To be fair, it was usually on my motorbike, but you don't need that much room for some cheese and one 1/4 pound dog with refill.

dude...I need pics of this cheese-hauling motorcycle on the tokyo streets

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Can we get a goonfund going for a ‘stco coffin for this giant of a man?

does the 'co sell defibrillators?

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Some Akira-looking dude racing through the neon streets on late night Tokyo to the synth funk tunes that accompany the squealing tires eating a hot dog wrapped in a Sherpa throw

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003

Chinatown posted:

Gotta hit the 'sco this weekend for a 2-pack of Dr. Bronners Magic Hemp Peppermint Pure Castile Soap. ALL ONE!

wtf bro, that's the soap i swear by but my costco doesn't sell it! and i can't find it on costco.com either. what sort of trickery is this

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:
We had rotisserie chicken soup tonight for dinner. Holy poo poo didn't realize the soup would be so thick and delicious.

PBUC

ThirstyBuck
Nov 6, 2010

Filled up on hi-test petrol, picked up some jamacian meat pockets, and got slice of za on the way out. PBUC

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

DELETE CASCADE posted:

wtf bro, that's the soap i swear by but my costco doesn't sell it! and i can't find it on costco.com either. what sort of trickery is this

its a Costco thats close to where Dr. Bronners is based so maybe its a local product type thing.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Chinatown posted:

its a Costco thats close to where Dr. Bronners is based so maybe its a local product type thing.

I've seen it before in a New England Costco so I don't think so.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Duck and Cover posted:

I've seen it before in a New England Costco so I don't think so.

ALL ONE OR NONE!!! ALL ONE! ALL ONE! ALL ONE!

Dr. Capco
May 21, 2007

Pillbug
I went to Costco expecting to buy that Sherpa blanket but it looked hot as gently caress so I bought the king size plush blanket instead, feels like I'm wrapped up in bunny fur but not roasting my balls off at night.

Haul:
- 6 pack of ramen bowls
- peanut butter pretzel tub
- instant breakfast box
- giant roast
- premier protein shakes
- aforementioned blanket
- 2 packs of the canned turkey (S tier quesadilla meat btw)

I also bought the best food deal in the tri-state area, I'd mention it but I don't want the secret to get out.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Thinking about them redacted.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:

Pondering upon a pup

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

ThirstyBuck posted:

Filled up on hi-test petrol, picked up some jamacian meat pockets, and got slice of za on the way out. PBUC

Petrol isnt supposed to have testosterone in it, i think you might have gotten ripped off

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Former DILF posted:

Petrol isnt supposed to have testosterone in it, i think you might have gotten ripped off

Hi test just means high octane. So 92 or 95 or whatever octane.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Costco is great for reminding me that I needed new wiper blades. That plus some Rain-X wiper fluid, and my windshield's never had it so good.

Frozen chicken protip: skip the Purdue 10 lb. bag. Yes, they're cheaper by weight than the Kirkland individually-wrapped breasts, but they're much lower quality. Do yourself a favor and get the good poo poo.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

The Midniter posted:

Costco is great for reminding me that I needed new wiper blades. That plus some Rain-X wiper fluid, and my windshield's never had it so good.

Frozen chicken protip: skip the Purdue 10 lb. bag. Yes, they're cheaper by weight than the Kirkland individually-wrapped breasts, but they're much lower quality. Do yourself a favor and get the good poo poo.

Yas yas yas PBUC @ all this

RJWaters2
Dec 16, 2011

It was not not not so great
What about us in Foster Farms country

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo

Tim Whatley posted:

May I post this deal for newcomers to the faith:
https://costcomembershipoffer.com/purchase/open/visasocial

Costco membership, $20 Costco card, 12 pack of Kirkland towels, some Kirkland vitamin water and a goddamn food court pizza for $60

Has anyone tried this? I wanna give this link to my friends but "costcomembershipoffer.com" sets off some bells and whistles for me.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

RJWaters2 posted:

What about us in Foster Farms country

Kirkland transcends such petty boundaries

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

belt posted:

Has anyone tried this? I wanna give this link to my friends but "costcomembershipoffer.com" sets off some bells and whistles for me.

I mean, it is an awful lot of :effort: for someone to set up a scam it seems like it's administered by DCGOne as a third party membership seller.

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005

belt posted:

Seems sketchy to me. Costco doesn't do any 3rd party advertising, so I'm not sure what they would get out of it.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

You're going to get exactly what's specified on that website.

I'll personally refund you if it goes down any differently.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Meydey posted:

Seems sketchy to me. Costco doesn't do any 3rd party advertising, so I'm not sure what they would get out of it.

I got my current membership through Groupon and it was pretty much that exact same deal so they do this stuff all the time. In fact my first membership was a similar thing and was through LivingSocial.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

I too will refund anyone who is not 100% blessed.

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005

Trastion posted:

I got my current membership through Groupon and it was pretty much that exact same deal so they do this stuff all the time. In fact my first membership was a similar thing and was through LivingSocial.

Definitely not my dept, but if it works then ok I guess.
There have been a few issues of fraudulent coupons over the years. I think the last one was a $41 off $50 that made the rounds.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

binge crotching posted:

Hi test just means high octane. So 92 or 95 or whatever octane.

That's what we call a joke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
Business Insider saw all that Costco had made, and it was good:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duQmsfNIGwU

PBUC