Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zen death robot
May 27, 2001
at least the power button and volume buttons still exist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

zen death robot posted:

*Jony Ive's eyes narrow as he grips his sword apple pencil*

"Soon."

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

its insanely dumb to not be able to copy text chunks, or to not be able to export pdfs to other apps from iBooks

its not very well integrated, basically

there's a secret way to export PDFs from ibooks, you gotta hit the share button, then print, then on the print preview you use a pinch zoom in gesture on the preview page, then hit the share button that appears at the top of the page. this process also shows off two different share buttons present in iOS11

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Jenny Agutter posted:

there's a secret way to export PDFs from ibooks, you gotta hit the share button, then print, then on the print preview you use a pinch zoom in gesture on the preview page, then hit the share button that appears at the top of the page. this process also shows off two different share buttons present in iOS11

thank you but also i am absolutely flabbergasted at how stupid this is

GenJoe
Sep 15, 2010

Rehabilitated?

That's just a bullshit word.
the sharrow is really stupid and is a constant source of user friction, I mean it's there so the OS can control app-to-app and app-to-system interactions because you don't want to trust developers with that poo poo, but the workflows it creates are just sooo bad

the fact that iBooks sharrow makes you go to quicklook before you can export seems like a bug though and it can prob be fixed

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

zen death robot posted:

my iPhone 8(apples flagship new phone) has a wonky volume up button and it’s really weird

it’s like a week old

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Shifty Pony posted:

*Jony Ive's eyes narrow as he grips his sword apple pencil*

"Soon."

jony was burned when he made the iPod Shuffle smooth edition with no buttons. customers were not happy with it and they went back to a button design pretty rapidly.

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

zen death robot posted:

also the ringer switch

i'm glad that's still on the phone but i'm frankly amazed that it's still on the phone

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

mods?

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_OT1FQSWuU

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

im still trying to figure out who gave you the impression that iBooks is some kind of data expor tool or PDF creator

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Last Chance posted:

im still trying to figure out who gave you the impression that iBooks is some kind of data expor tool or PDF creator

some of the books i need to occasionally reference are in pdf form and i like to keep my books organised in one place and sometimes i need to share things written in them. hope this helps

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy
intel is making a chip with AMD graphics https://www.anandtech.com/show/12003/intel-to-create-new-8th-generation-cpus-with-amd-radeon-graphics-with-hbm2-using-emib

which means quad core macbooks and 13" macbooks pro with real graphics!

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Perplx posted:

intel is making a chip with AMD graphics https://www.anandtech.com/show/12003/intel-to-create-new-8th-generation-cpus-with-amd-radeon-graphics-with-hbm2-using-emib

which means quad core macbooks and 13" macbooks pro with real graphics!

or not, we'll see how good it is in reality.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

i was on the train watching a video with my X and AirPods and a guy behind me taps my shoulder.

him: do you like it? was it worth it?

me: i'm liking it.

he gives me a smirk and pulls out a space grey iPhone X box from a white apple bag. looks like he had come back from buying one. i give him a nod and a thumbs up while mouthing "nice" and went back to my movie.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
turns out apple didn't use ireland as a massive tax shelter

https://www.cnet.com/news/apple-paradise-papers-reportedly-cash-jersey-channel-island-to-avoid-irish-taxes/

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
why couldn't ibooks be better/good?

with some small changes it could be mediocre, instead of crippled trash

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

cinci zoo sniper posted:

i was on the train watching a video with my X and AirPods and a guy behind me taps my shoulder.

him: do you like it? was it worth it?

me: i'm liking it.

he gives me a smirk and pulls out a space grey iPhone X box from a white apple bag. looks like he had come back from buying one. i give him a nod and a thumbs up while mouthing "nice" and went back to my movie.

lol, did you seriously spend the equiv of like five months rent on a telephone?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

infernal machines posted:

no i copied a post from reddit before it became a popular copypasta. besides, how realistic does it sound to you that two latvians on train are discussing their 4-figure purchases

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

ill still likely buy it, but i just spent 6 months of rent on a chair and 5 more on a media computer for my parents

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
not very, i was wondering how long it would be before you got rolled into the street and guillotined for your largess

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

not very, i was wondering how long it would be before you got rolled into the street and guillotined for your largess

i wouldn't be surprised if someone would try to mug me, even though brazen street muggeries are a thing of the past decade

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
LOL if one kilodollar is several months rent for you

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

5months ?

do you live in a cardboard box under a bridge

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
cinci zoo sniper lives in latvia

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

holy crap

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user

lol, did you seriously spend the equiv of like five months rent [in Southeastern Ohio] on a telephone?

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
https://twitter.com/whosalexander/status/927232813883158529

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Doc Block posted:

cinci zoo sniper lives in latvia

ive read a lot about latvia, their ruler is a real maniac but he was actually moved to tears on 9/11

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

ive read a lot about latvia, their ruler is a real maniac but he was actually moved to tears on 9/11

latvia is not latveria

trap sprung

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

lmao. apple is going to make the EU bureaucrats play whack a mole with every tiny municipality that has a trade agreement with the EU.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

The Management posted:

lmao. apple is going to make the EU bureaucrats play whack a mole with every tiny municipality that has a trade agreement with the EU.

eu is already talking about unified blacklist lol

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Endless Mike posted:

latvia is not latveria
/

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Endless Mike posted:

latvia is not latveria by decree of DOOM

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

5months ?

do you live in a cardboard box under a bridge

i was talking to cinci, who lives in latvia, where the average rent is like $200

where i live 5 months rent will buy you a used car

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

i was talking to cinci, who lives in latvia, where the average rent is like $200 by decree of DOOM

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

i was talking to cinci, who lives in latvia, where the average rent is like $200

where i live 5 months rent will buy you a used car

here 5 months of rent will buy you a used car too, to be honest :v:

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

i guess the disparity is an iphone x does not cost the equivalent of a used car* here

*like, something other than an 86 renault alliance

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

i guess the disparity is an iphone x does not cost the equivalent of a used car* here

*like, something other than an 86 renault alliance

what do you think is a 1000 dollar used car in latvia, 2010 q7 with 50 kilomiles?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

like a diesel rabbit from 1991, idk.

my assumptions about eastern europe haven't changed since the wall fell