Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Hate-Senpai posted:

I will never not mourn the loss of Beelzebub.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
beelzebub was real good but it ran its course.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Holy poo poo, Astra: Lost in Space! :supaburn:

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
A Fumino chapter of We Never Learn! :toot:

https://jaiminisbox.com/reader/read/we-can-t-study/en/0/37/page/1

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

I loved that crazy telephone chain. Also, Uruka, just push him down already geez

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Fumino's the main character of this manga.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Golem Hearts still good
Was honestly expecting Lamech as the (Number 1) supporting character to be the big change from the pilot.

Would still have expected him to Kamina but not this quick.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
Random We Never Learn thought: Asumi is the girl most similar in character to how Nariyuki was presented at the start of the manga. He's really mellowed out a lot since then

maid ship go!!!

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Tarezax posted:

Random We Never Learn thought: Asumi is the girl most similar in character to how Nariyuki was presented at the start of the manga. He's really mellowed out a lot since then

maid ship go!!!

Many (Most?) harem manga/shows usually present a specific girl as the one the reader/viewer thinks is 'destined' to wind up with the main character, We Never Learn has done a good job of presenting it in a way that makes it feel like I don't have a clue how it'll end up. All the girls (Sans teacher) feel like they've got a strong enough bond with the MC that you can't tell which way the wind will end up blowing.

Though it'll probably end completely unresolved like most seem to.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
It's totally Uruka, the Childhood friend.

Like it's not even moderately hidden, how that is likely going to be the endgame(if it gets an ending). Uruka's solo situations with Nariyuki are all based around how much she likes him, not just awkward situations they find themselves in as with what happens with the other female protags, but out right about how much she loves him.

Just like it was obvious from her arc that the endgame of Keima in "A World God Only Knows" was gonna be Chihiro

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Dexo posted:

It's totally Uruka, the Childhood friend.

Like it's not even moderately hidden, how that is likely going to be the endgame(if it gets an ending). Uruka's solo situations with Nariyuki are all based around how much she likes him, not just awkward situations they find themselves in as with what happens with the other female protags, but out right about how much she loves him.

Just like it was obvious from her arc that the endgame of Keima in "A World God Only Knows" was gonna be Chihiro

I'd agree if not for Rizu. All the other girls feel like there isn't a shot but there's been so much development between Rizu and Nariyuki that I feel like the author might be trying to fake us out with Uruka.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
nariyuki x studying is my otp

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Harem end is the only good end, because these people are clearly too stupid to function outside their group.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I've never thought Uruka would be the one. Usually "childhood friend who has obviously had a crush on the MC for years" doesn't tend to win these things unless it's either a romcom with only one or two love interests (i.e. not a harem thing) or a situation where they're a childhood friend who has been gone for years and only recently returned.

Also, aesthetically speaking the tan/athletic-type characters rarely win these things. That's why I initially assumed Furuhashi would win (she has the aesthetics most typical to someone who "wins" harems), but her personality and later involvement made me lean more towards Rizu, who technically got the first kiss. That being said, the author has been unpredictable enough that I'm willing to give Uruka a non-zero chance, whereas I normally wouldn't even consider the possibility.

Regardless, I would bet a small but not trivial amount of money (like maybe 10 bucks) on the winner being either Furuhashi or Rizu. Asumi and the teacher definitely don't stand a chance, regardless. I'm actually leaning a bit towards Furuhashi right now, since Furuhashi has more of a potential "arc" in terms of realizing her feelings for the protagonist, putting her own feelings above that of her friends, etc.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
Some new Tanaka-kun chapters went up. Miyano is an extremely powerful friend

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The harem victor betting pool...

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
I make an investment on the conclusion being really disapointing and crap regardless of who wins.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I choose to have faith.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Same. I admit I haven't read many harem manga but I have enjoyed every chapter of We Never Learn so I want to believe it can keep it up.

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.

ConanThe3rd posted:

I make an investment on the conclusion being really disapointing and crap regardless of who wins.

I never read\watch Harem stuff because this is usually the case. This time feels like I might be happily surprised.

Rizu is gonna be the winner drat it. You can't convince me otherwise.

Irritated Goat fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Nov 7, 2017

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The audacity of hope.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I'm going to say the one who follows Yuiga to his college/university (now that I think about it, what is the difference?) has the best chance.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Irritated Goat posted:

I never read\watch Harem stuff because this is usually the case. This time feels like I might be happily surprised.

Rizu is gonna be the winner drat it. You can't convince me otherwise.

I don't read them because they're trash even by manga standards

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Talking about harems, I really like Rokudou no Onna-tachi. Starts like a normal harem about some weakling getting a super power that makes bad girls fall for him, then turns around to a badass story where the MC realizes his magical gimmick is just a crouch in the happiness of the people around him and does everything he can to make people immune to that power. Seems like a parody of the genre at some points, it's pretty good.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Jose posted:

I don't read them because they're trash even by manga standards

We Never Learn pulled me in with the hopes it'd be about idiots trying to teach other idiots how not to be idiots and then it turned into a harem and now I can't get out.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Talas posted:

Talking about harems, I really like Rokudou no Onna-tachi. Starts like a normal harem about some weakling getting a super power that makes bad girls fall for him, then turns around to a badass story where the MC realizes his magical gimmick is just a crouch in the happiness of the people around him and does everything he can to make people immune to that power. Seems like a parody of the genre at some points, it's pretty good.

It'd be cool if the main girl had any personality at all and wasn't completely overshadowed by the triplet girl who showed up recently

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

khy posted:

We Never Learn pulled me in with the hopes it'd be about idiots trying to teach other idiots how not to be idiots and then it turned into a harem and now I can't get out.

It's still that in a way, except Rizu and Uruka aren't teaching anyone. Fumino is trying to teach them not to be love-idiots, while ignoring that she herself is a love-idiot.

Speaking of We Never Learn, I picked up one of the volumes in Japan that came with the bookmarks (Team Furuhashi) and it has "We Never Learn" printed in English on it. Take that, scanlators!

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Talas posted:

Rokudou is a good boy.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I hated harem manga when I was in my edgy teens but now I'm in my lazy late 20s and I don't hate harem manga anymore.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Harem manga are good for when I want to read something more relatable

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Cake Attack posted:

I can't believe my Cake Attack is so popular.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Cake Attack posted:

so you're after a guy you have no chance with and never got over it?

IceBorg
Oct 23, 2012

I KINDA DOUBT THAT!

TriffTshngo posted:

Rokudou is a good boy.
He's best boy

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Hate-Senpai posted:

I can't believe my Cake Attack is so oblivious.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Full Drive's dialog is loving weird.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Well
I see RobotxLaserbeam doesn't shy away from the usual sport manga othering of black people.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

can't believe this is still here and hungry marie got canned

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Well
I see RobotxLaserbeam doesn't shy away from the usual sport manga othering of black people.

I think you mean the natural aptitude for sports black people have, of course.

(Why, Japan.)

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Golem Hearts seems all right

https://jaiminisbox.com/reader/read/golem-hearts/en/0/3/page/1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Fabricated posted:

Full Drive's dialog is loving weird.

Agreed. The game is still hard to follow, but it seems like it's getting slightly better?