Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
You should know by now that sa's motto is "when we say 'good', we're being ironic"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Weatherman posted:

Counterpoint: if this is a good comic thread then meep moop and oink should be bannable

samn, but achewood instead

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Weatherman posted:

Counterpoint: if this is a good comic thread then meep moop and oink should be bannable

It's not a good comic thread, it's a favourite comic thread. BIG difference.

The previous iterations used to be called 'PYF funny comics' and had a whole bunch of posting rules, in case people have forgotten.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

The previous iterations used to be called 'PYF funny comics' and had a whole bunch of posting rules, in case people have forgotten.

"rules are made to be... frozen" - astronaut John Glenn in the Nickelodeon feature film "Snow Day"

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Shai-Hulud posted:

Can i just present the most milquetoast of opinion?
I think MM&O is good comic. I'm also just kind of tired of it. Yeah they are dysfunctional fuckups who are jerks to each other, i get it, lets move on.
I've read pretty much every MM&O that has been posted and i'm not saying stop posting it. But the whole "WE NEED TO POST EVERY MM&O AGAIN BECAUSE SOMEONE SAID HE DOESN'T LIKE THEM!!!" is just annoying.
MM&O is fine in moderation.

Honestly - having just read this thread over the last few days - a big part of my distaste for MM&O is people (one person in particular, but I can’t remember the name) just posting giant MM&O dumps without timg or anything, so instead of “mildly funny adventures of two nihilist gently caress-ups and their loser friend” it became “this stupid poo poo I have to scroll past for five minutes again”.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

This is a favourite comic thread not a good one so I don't really care what someone posts generally but please timg MMO or any other long comic from now on.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Besesoth posted:

“this stupid poo poo I have to scroll past for five minutes again”.

Press the page down button on your keyboard. It will blow your mind.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Wow, this still exists

Sentient Data has a new favorite as of 14:38 on Nov 6, 2017

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Donzilla

Only registered members can see post attachments!

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Pastry of the Year posted:

"rules are made to be... frozen" - astronaut John Glenn in the Nickelodeon feature film "Snow Day"

Snow Day was live-action please don't troll.

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Sentient Data posted:

Wow, this still exists

Was it supposed to be banned from the internet or something?

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Snow Day was live-action please don't troll.

There was this incredible golden age of Nickolodeon where they had live-action programming for latchkey kids and it was something else. Some of the game shows they had back in the day where straight up insane. I wonder what MIKE! O! MALLY! is up to these days...

edit: God damnit now the "walking across the screen" jingle from Nick-Arcade is stuck in my head. DOO do DOO do DOO do do DOO do DOO!

Mr. Bad Guy has a new favorite as of 16:21 on Nov 6, 2017

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006
edit != quote

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

Electric Charity
Mar 22, 2009
this except explaining furries

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

I wonder what MIKE! O! MALLY! is up to these days...

I don’t know about THESE days, but wasn’t he on Yes, Dear for awhile? I remember blearily watching that in the middle of the night once and when I saw him, I reacted with hilarious, sleep deprivation-fueled glee.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Electric Charity posted:

I'm surprised he didn't use football so he could call it "handegg".

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Electric Charity posted:

Take that, sports fans!

I wish this tool had went ahead and committed suicide instead of cockteasing us.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

cnut
May 3, 2016

:nws:

https://i.imgur.com/g1ivSv5.gif

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master

:twisted:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

dumb.
Apr 11, 2014

-=💀=-

Post your favorite comic: A loving meaningless exercise except to those who have spent years convincing themselves of its significance.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Randaconda posted:

Take that, sports fans!

I wish this tool had went ahead and committed suicide instead of cockteasing us.

Jesus, dude

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Considering how much more enjoyable the probations and bans are than some edgelord telling people to kill themselves this is my favourite rule.
It generates a net positive flow of humour.

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
I too advocate suicide for comic artists who disappoint me.

It's all of them. All the comic writers.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I like Gunshow.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
I don't really care for BACK, but I thought this was a good gag.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

wyoming posted:

I don't really care for BACK, but I thought this was a good gag.

Idgi :confused:

Posting the confused emote a lot today.:saddowns:

Horace
Apr 17, 2007

Gone Skiin'

Despite mountains of evidence to the contrary I still cling to the belief foxdad is ironic.

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.

Randaconda posted:

Take that, sports fans!

He was making a joke about the pointlessness of creating comics disguised as a joke about how sports are stupid.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Horace posted:

Despite mountains of evidence to the contrary I still cling to the belief foxdad is ironic.

I read through the whole thing and it seems to be clearly poking fun at furries.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

my MMandO hot take:

Owl is the worst of them. Because whilst the others are just deplorable horrible selfish people wallowing in their own filth, they do not understand or feel ashamed of what they have done or what they are. Owl however, is just as bad as they are and has done things of comparable depravity. But he realizes how awful he is, and the situation he is living in, and yearns to be free of it, but cannot find the strength or the will to be free of it. So he is condemned to not only wade through the sewer pipe that is his, (and the others), existence, but be ashamed of it and further ashamed of himself for knowing how bad it is yet doing nothing to better himself.

Also it's funny to laugh at pathetic druggies, and their whacky pathetic adventures.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Horace posted:

Beachcomber posted:

I read through the whole thing and it seems to be clearly poking fun at furries.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, but it's very weird the tone it takes whenever I see it posted here. Like, on the one hand, it seems to be very intimately inside the furry subculture, at the same time it seems to harbor no illusions against literally every thing that's wrong and terrible with that same culture. Like, I don't think I've ever seen anything else from furry fandom that self-aware.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
Owl is the other character to have raped someone.

At least from what I've read.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

BrigadierSensible posted:

my MMandO hot take:

Owl is the worst of them. Because whilst the others are just deplorable horrible selfish people wallowing in their own filth, they do not understand or feel ashamed of what they have done or what they are. Owl however, is just as bad as they are and has done things of comparable depravity. But he realizes how awful he is, and the situation he is living in, and yearns to be free of it, but cannot find the strength or the will to be free of it. So he is condemned to not only wade through the sewer pipe that is his, (and the others), existence, but be ashamed of it and further ashamed of himself for knowing how bad it is yet doing nothing to better himself.

Also it's funny to laugh at pathetic druggies, and their whacky pathetic adventures.

Yeah man, poo poo on the person trapped in an abusive relationship. Owl keep trying to better himself, he ends up getting sabotaged or betrayed by the others almost every time.
Megg and Mogg KNOW what they are doing. In one instance, they realize if Owl gets out of this, they lose their money train., so they continually drag him back down, so he can't escape.
Crabs in a bucket, mate.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Johnny Aztec posted:

Yeah man, poo poo on the person trapped in an abusive relationship. Owl keep trying to better himself, he ends up getting sabotaged or betrayed by the others almost every time.
Megg and Mogg KNOW what they are doing. In one instance, they realize if Owl gets out of this, they lose their money train., so they continually drag him back down, so he can't escape.
Crabs in a bucket, mate.

Fair enough. Can I rephrase then?

Owl is the most pathetic of them. For he is the only one who knows how bad/depraved/lowly/sad their lives are, yet cannot for whatever reason find himslef a better one. Megg and Mogg may know what they are doing, but to them the filth is fun and cool. Even if they have moments of clarity about whatthey are doing to themselves, they want to keep doing it.

Owl doesn't want this life, and that what makes him the most tragic figure of them all.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Megg and Mogg are trapped in an abusive/co-dependent relationship as well. Also Owl is definitely a lovely person who'll betray his friends at the drop of a hat if it means he gets his dick wet:

Everyone fuckin' sucks!

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Yeah, Owl is a really lovely person when he is drunk. I think one comic, he realized this and decided to stop drinking, and Mogg and Megg conspired to get him drunk.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Choco1980 posted:

I've said it before and I'll say it again, but it's very weird the tone it takes whenever I see it posted here. Like, on the one hand, it seems to be very intimately inside the furry subculture, at the same time it seems to harbor no illusions against literally every thing that's wrong and terrible with that same culture. Like, I don't think I've ever seen anything else from furry fandom that self-aware.

I wish I was half as articulate with my thoughts. Also I like the dad-puns because I don't think that is a common furry thing either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fools Infinite
Mar 21, 2006
Journeyman

Choco1980 posted:

The way it portrays the fur suit faces so lifelessly always makes me feel that there is an element of mockery to it.