Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

learnincurve posted:

It’s the gift that keeps on giving. The independent has decided to simply go with Lewis’s own words and left them there without comment.

Hamilton is contracted to Mercedes and left the United Kingdom to live in Monaco and then Switzerland in 2007.

His personal wealth is estimated to be at £131m and he featured in the Sunday Times Rich List for 2017.

When it was published he told the Sunday Times Style magazine: “I race in 19 different countries, so I earn my money in 20 different places and I pay tax in several different places, and I pay a lot here as well.

“I am contributing to the country and, not only that, I help keep a team of more than 1,000 people employed. I am part of a much bigger picture.”

1. Fuckin' lmao if he genuinely believes that is how it works - if he does, he is forgiven in my eyes for such naivety.
2. Yeah, nothing to do with one of the world's largest auto manufacturers bankrolling the operation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Sounds like Hamilton should hand his wdc over to an honest taxpayer like our big Sebastian Vettel

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

learnincurve posted:

For about a year, then he moved to Abu Dhabi.

Is that true?
It's one thing to avoid taxes, but doing it through a country with a more troubling track record than maldonado is another.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

BubbaGrace posted:

I just want to let the best thread know if you purchase Project Cars 2™ right now, you can attempt to outpace handling consultant and race car driver NICOLAS HAMILTON™. The only non-fraud Hamilton.

I've been outpaced by him on 2 separate real karting circuits. I don't need to add a virtual one to the list.

The Unfetered One
May 31, 2011

by Lowtax
Nicholas Hamilton walks like Andi Sirkis while playing Caeser from Planet of the Apes. When that was pointed out to me I have never been able to unsee it. I don't feel terrible when I involuntarily laugh out loud.

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.
you ah

should

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Nicholas Hamilton Is unironically the Good Hamilton, and that’s an inside thought that you really shouldn’t be sharing dear.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
“He was able to win in the junior categories before moving into F1,” Alonso said. “He already had trophies and championships in his pocket coming and arrived in F1 in every single season performing very competitively apart from one or two with Jenson when he had some issues there.
“Lewis is one of the champions who has been able to win with a dominant car, like the last three years, with a good car, like in 2010 or 2012, and with bad cars like 2009 or 2011. Not all the champions can say that.”

And these quotes are from the same Alonso who couldn't stand Hamilton in 2007 during their pairing at McLaren, with Alonso being the reigning WDC. Alonso still couldn't stand Hamilton about 5 years after 2007, but finally came to realize that champions race to win not to play second fiddle to other drivers. Can you asked Verstapen today to play second fiddle to even Lewis Hamilton? Then you will be preaching in the desert.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Alonso has been pretty open about growing up and acknowledging that a lot of 2007 was his own fault. Consequently he is much cooler than Lewis.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
But Nando doesn't still rise

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Nando doesn’t need to rise, he is rock hard 24/7.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Shame about the terrible team of British Frauds he drives for though. This also goes for the current immoral WDC.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Theophany posted:

Am I right in thinking that Nando is the only current F1 driver making any real bank

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

wicka posted:

Nando doesn’t need to rise, he is rock hard 24/7.

Lmbo new thread title

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

GramCracker posted:

Lmbo new thread title

All the skyscrapers in Pittsburgh are lit up in brown to honor my great shitpost

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://nesn.com/2017/11/leaked-details-reveal-f1s-2019-budget-cap-wont-cover-driver-salaries/

Lol there will be at least another threat of a breakaway series. Liberty doesnt know what the gently caress they are getting into

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
It won't happen.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

DoctorGonzo posted:

https://nesn.com/2017/11/leaked-details-reveal-f1s-2019-budget-cap-wont-cover-driver-salaries/

Lol there will be at least another threat of a breakaway series. Liberty doesnt know what the gently caress they are getting into

These are all good ideas. I expect the actual cap will be some ways north of that $175m figure though.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Breakaway threats come all the time in F1 and never actually end up happening. The difference this time is that Liberty are happier to call bluffs than Bernie and friends

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I would totally watch a Ferrari WEC/Sport cars over liberty formula 1.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Well good news they already suck in GT3 so you can go watch that

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

DoctorGonzo posted:

Ah yes, Prototype WEC, the successful sports car series with lots of entries.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
I wonder if ferrari will call the new series GP1

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Also WEC is on fire so yeah that won't happen eather

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
*Human Grand Prix thinks back to the Halcyon days of 2015 wherein the 6-car LMP1 class was going to dethrone F1".

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I dont think Liberty has the political clout to make another Concorde, something has to give be it technical or political considerations. It will be fun.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Human Grand Prix posted:

*Human Grand Prix thinks back to the Halcyon days of 2015 wherein the 6-car LMP1 class was going to dethrone F1".

I remember people getting pissed at me cause I was saying LMP1 was on really shaky ground with 2/3rds of the entries coming from one company lol.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Ferrari will get what they want, don't worry.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Human Grand Prix posted:

Ferrari will get what they want, don't worry.

I hope they lose the legacy vote or whenever the gently caress it's called

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Norns posted:

I hope they lose the legacy vote or whenever the gently caress it's called

They won't and lol if you think they will.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Hey I said I HOPE not that lol they will.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

All of Liberty’s proposals basically rest on the idea that their ability to more effectively exploit F1’s commercial rights means that forcing the teams to accept a more equitable revenue split would still result in them getting more money than they do now. We’ll see.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ferrari will lose the veto power or the extra money, i dont think that they will lose both and if they do Marchionne loving sucks at his work.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I hope Ferrari get more legacy votes and also the other teams have to complement and be nice to Ferrari constantly.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I hope Ferrari get more legacy votes and also the other teams have to complement and be nice to Ferrari constantly.

lol

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

DoctorGonzo posted:

You wouldn't be missed

because you'd be unable to stay away and not come into the thread to talk about how much you're not watching F1

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Feels Villeneuve posted:

thread title

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

It makes more sense to strip Ferrari of their veto and give them more money, then take away that money next time, when they can’t veto anything.

• Locked thread