Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Gaz-L posted:

I liked how genuinely enthusiastic Cole sounded about Dunne. I think he was just pleased that he actually knew something about a debuting guy from first-hand knowledge. He even called the finish properly, both by what the move is and then by the fancy name.
Cole and Nigel (and presumably no Vince in their ear) on the UK Tournament were a loving great desk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Dave is speculating that they might work an angle where Booker T is actually Jason Jordan's dad

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Eli Wiggum posted:

Dave is speculating that they might work an angle where Booker T is actually Jason Jordan's dad

I like how this is both doubling down on the dad angle ( :v: ), but also abandoning it.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Eli Wiggum posted:

Bryan is the one who is speculating that.

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

Eli Wiggum posted:

There's less resemblance between Booker T and Jordan than between Angle and Jordan!

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

MassRafTer posted:

Bryan is the one who is speculating that.
My bad, I should've just credited WOR

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
One month ago Bray Wyatt came out as a crossdresser and then disappeared forever

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Rarity posted:

One month ago Bray Wyatt came out as a crossdresser and then disappeared forever

He died

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

im glad he's dead

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

wwe is in a great position here to retool bray's gimmick to not be lovely and gravitate towards the worst feuds since kane but hes going to come back from his time off exactly the same and probably feud with kane by spring time

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Rarity posted:

and I don't know how to feel about that.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

oatgan posted:

wwe is in a great position here to retool bray's gimmick to not be lovely and gravitate towards the worst feuds since kane but hes going to come back from his time off exactly the same and probably feud with kane by spring time

They had a golden opportunity to do it when Randy burned his house down and they doubled down on it instead. I expect it to get even worse.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

We’ll always have that one night on Raw where he teamed with Roman and summoned him to do a spear while pinning some dude

E:

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

oatgan posted:

I was thinking the same but with Roman.

Mr Snips
Jan 9, 2009

I wish they did more with Pete Dunne and the rest of the UK guys, that match between him and Tyler Bate at one of the NXT takeovers was so good but then they've barely used them since

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Mr Snips posted:

I wish they did more with Pete Dunne and the rest of the UK guys, that match between him and Tyler Bate at one of the NXT takeovers was so good but then they've barely used them since

What else can you do with guys you only hired to ensure no one threatens your monopoly?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Emma seems easier to book than I thought. Expect to see her most places. Has already agreed to some bookings already.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

I'm pretty happy with the UK talent's set up right now. They're rolled out in front of NXT crowds (crowds that would give them a reaction) as special attractions, and for the moment it's worked. Makes them feel like more of a deal.

The last thing I'd want is the UK division to go the same way as the cruiserweights, trotted out every week and made to wrestle the same style of match as everyone else on the roster for 5 minutes.

Blooming Brilliant fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Nov 7, 2017

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

rovert posted:

Emma seems easier to book than I thought. Expect to see her most places. Has already agreed to some bookings already.

Good for Emma :unsmith:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

rovert posted:

Hell yeah

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Eli Wiggum posted:

...so the angle (...heh) is that a black dude doesn't know who his real father is

fuckin' Vince.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

the escape goat posted:

...so the angle (...heh) is that a black dude doesn't know who his real father is

fuckin' Vince.

It's not the angle it is Bryan Alvarez theorizing why Booker acts the way he does on the shows towards JJ.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

MassRafTer posted:

It's not the angle it is Bryan Alvarez theorizing why Booker acts the way he does on the shows towards JJ.

i have a way better theory, booker is dumb and not that great at commentary

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Just a reminder: The Ric Flair 30 for 30 is tonight at 10 PM ET

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
The commentary is just about the only entertaining thing about Jason Jordan appearances.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Jenkem Delivery posted:

Just a reminder: The Ric Flair 30 for 30 is tonight at 10 PM ET
Set my DVR this morning :cool:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I like seeing old stuff and how relevant it ends up still being

Jericho 18 years ago in his Y2J debut posted:

Now let's go over the facts. Television ratings, downward spiral; pay-per-view buy-rates, plummeting; mainstream acceptance, non-existent; and reactions of the live crowds, complete and utter silence. And I know why you're silent! You're silent because you're embarrassed to be here. And quite honestly, I'm embarrassed for you. And the reason why you're embarrassed is because of the steady stream of uninteresting, untalented, mediocre "sports entertainers" who you're forced to cheer for and care for. No wonder you're not cheering! You could care less about every single idiot in that dressing room, and especially this idiot in the center of the ring. You people have been led to believe that mediocrity is excellence.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Sin Cara's injury wasn't as bad as it looked and he's cleared.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

This is excellent news; an injury right now would have doomed him for sure (he's still doomed, but less so).

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Aphrodite posted:

Very good to hear

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Aphrodite posted:

that's loving amazing because it looked like his tibia was about to snap in two

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Eli Wiggum posted:

I can't believe Kurt Angle hosed Booker T

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Jiro posted:

With the whole poo poo of Roman and Bray getting sick scuttling best laid plans, it doesn't surprise me to get the titles off of Seth and Dean. It feels like they're going to torpedo The Shield reunion before the Rumble and get them both back into mediocre singles competition feuds for Mania while the death march to Roman's coronation continues ever onward once he returns.

They were always going to burn Seth and Dean's popularity at the altar of getting Roman over anyway at least this way they can still be good on their own, eventually again, while Vince drags us to hell with Roman leading the way.

Seems more likely to me that they took the title from Seth and Dean so they can regain them as The Shield when Roman gets back

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

Blooming Brilliant posted:

I'm pretty happy with the UK talent's set up right now. They're rolled out in front of NXT crowds (crowds that would give them a reaction) as special attractions, and for the moment it's worked. Makes them feel like more of a deal.

The last thing I'd want is the UK division to go the same way as the cruiserweights, trotted out every week and made to wrestle the same style of match as everyone else on the roster for 5 minutes.

I'm impressed that they let them still do as many indie dates as they do. I watched Dunne fight John Morrison at a show at Santino's school in Ontario a few weeks ago, it was awesome.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Perry Normal posted:

I'm impressed that they let them still do as many indie dates as they do. I watched Dunne fight John Morrison at a show at Santino's school in Ontario a few weeks ago, it was awesome.

They are only paying these guys 20,000 a year, if they didn't let them take those dates they'd starve to death.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

I can't believe Kurt Angle hosed Booker T

He always wanted to have that beastiality sex

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Rarity posted:

He always wanted to have that beastiality sex

I forgot that was a thing that actually happened

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Aphrodite posted:

The ol' rubber ankle trick! Gets 'em every time!

He's gotta be working hurt, though, whoof.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I was gonna say I'm surprised considering how injury prone he is but I think that was the old Sin Cara? And now I'm not even sure if that was injuries or just botches he was known for

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYBUdIUEzxQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Both, botches and injuries usually went hand-in-hand.

The one I always remember is him jumping to the outside against Del Rio, and calling the match off because he strained his finger, to which Del Rio just booted him in the face.

I want to say this happened a few weeks before someone else worked through a match long injury (maybe Zayn's shoulder injury against Cena?)

• Locked thread