Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Catfishenfuego posted:

The joke is that every single James Wan horror movie has spooky puppets/dolls in it.

Just because Paul Walker was all CG...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

SamuraiFoochs posted:

The mayor thing is true, yes. What's funny is I thought for sure he'd retired but nope, he recently returned and is back to kayfabe murdering dudes.

I don't know Kane's politics, but he can't be as bad as most Mayors that Knoxville has had. My friend Madeline Rogero is pretty much the one good one they've had in decades.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

precision posted:

I don't know Kane's politics, but he can't be as bad as most Mayors that Knoxville has had. My friend Madeline Rogero is pretty much the one good one they've had in decades.

I sure hope you like Ron Paul

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

“Freddy, the motorcycle!” and “Is there anyone left in the theater? It’s Super Freddy time!” had me dying. I hope they do a list of the Chucky and Final Destination movies at some point, even though I love them and would be kind of sad if they trashed them super hard.

The Twinkie Czar
Dec 31, 2004
I went for super stud.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

The best part is KISS insisted that he be in main events but he was utter poo poo so WCW would put him on early and just call the match a "special main event". I feel like the guys would get a kick out of The Death Of WCW.

Page after page of tv ratings and live-event receipts? You can keep it. The last page inspired me to relisten to their No Holds Barred episode. Still a great one, even if they couldn't figure out that Kurt Fuller was an obvious Ted Turner analog.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

The Twinkie Czar posted:

Page after page of tv ratings and live-event receipts? You can keep it. The last page inspired me to relisten to their No Holds Barred episode. Still a great one, even if they couldn't figure out that Kurt Fuller was an obvious Ted Turner analog.

I less mean the book itself and more a concise listing of all the insane and stupid poo poo WCW did. Like the LOLTNA page.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Oh my god, casting Sean Connery as Gerard Butler's father in the next ________ Has Fallen movie would make me so loving happy

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Holy poo poo does this movie sound racist

Also sushi is loving delicious, you stupid movie from two decades ago

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
Wesley Snipes: He can read and do stuff.

Super Fan
Jul 16, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I hope they do Blade

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Blade would have to be a We Love Movies... even Blade II has things that are kind of good about it

... Wait, was Blade II the one where Wesley wouldn't close his eyes and so they had to CGI them?

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

Firstborn posted:

Blade would have to be a We Love Movies... even Blade II has things that are kind of good about it

... Wait, was Blade II the one where Wesley wouldn't close his eyes and so they had to CGI them?

Blad3 Trinity

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
The second one had wasted Donnie Yen and Racist Vampire Ron Perlman, I remember now.

And the knifegun that Del Toro drew in a margin of one of his notebooks, so thats going in there too

E: I predict Gallow Walkers is this year, and there's a comment about it being not horror enough for the Spooktacular

Firstborn fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Nov 7, 2017

Super Fan
Jul 16, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Firstborn posted:

I know people love that movie but I can’t stand it.

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

Super Fan posted:

I know people love that movie but I can’t stand it.

plz explain

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Alamo Drafthouse is showing Blade 2 later this month. I bought my ticket as soon as they listed it. It's so crazy stupid good.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Blade and Blade 2 are both fantastic

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Rising Sun was a weird movie, I had no idea how to interpret the Japanese culture stuff that just kept stopping the movie dead. I kept wanting Hunt for Red October to come on instead.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Literally the only negative I can think about in regards to Blade II is the wonk-rear end CGI doubles they use during the wall of lights and final fight scenes. Del Toro must have had a boner for the technique, because also used it in Hellboy where it had equally iffy results.

Still, both the first film and its first sequel are certifiable classics in my book.

I mean, an obese, basement-dwelling vampire named Pearl gets cooked to death with a flashlight in that first flick. Should archive that poo poo in the Smithsonian.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

MariusLecter posted:

Rising Sun was a weird movie, I had no idea how to interpret the Japanese culture stuff that just kept stopping the movie dead. I kept wanting Hunt for Red October to come on instead.

It's a well made film of an incredibly bad script. I read the novel in highschool because "from the same author as Jurassic Park and Sphere, sign me the gently caress up!" and it's wayyyyyy more racist than the movie if you can believe it

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

You gotta have the commentary track with it. I don't think it's ever failed to make me laugh.

http://snipeseyes.ytmnd.com

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

duz posted:

Alamo Drafthouse is showing Blade 2 later this month. I bought my ticket as soon as they listed it. It's so crazy stupid good.

it's Blade 3, also going to that one. Blade 2 was good! It's the third that's bad.

I rewatched Blade recently after like 15 years and it's fine. If it wasn't for Snipes it would be less fun for sure.

Violator
May 15, 2003

DLC Inc posted:

I rewatched Blade recently after like 15 years and it's fine. If it wasn't for Snipes it would be less fun for sure.

Yeah, I watched it again last weekend and it’s terrific. The first 10 minutes setup the characters, world, rules, mythos, and hero better than almost any other movie I can think of. And it’s all taking place during a terrific action scene so it really demonstrates how powerful showing rather than telling can be. The only thing that doesn’t hold up is the wonky cgi at the end.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

I finally got around to watching Spiderman:Homecoming this week, and the Tinkerer looked so much like Eric it was weird.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Hockles posted:

I finally got around to watching Spiderman:Homecoming this week, and the Tinkerer looked so much like Eric it was weird.

Now I don't know about you but I think that gizmo fella might've been Eric Szyszkundus

I mean you just don't just accidentally give yourself a villain name like Tinkundus

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Blade is great, I can see why some people might not go for that late-90s proto-Matrix costuming but aside from that the only thing that doesn't really hold up is the CGI in the finale.

Blade 2 isn't bad but like a lot if Del Toro movies it feels like he had one idea he was really in love with (the super vampires) and him twisting an entire franchise in the name of putting that on screen feels way weaker than just doing an actual Blade movie. It also makes The Strain being such a turd that much more disappointing since he blew his chance at doing that concept justice.

Blade Trinity...well, that CGI eye gif is pretty funny, I guess.

Super Fan
Jul 16, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

I think it’s miscast all around, the plot is trite, the CG has aged poorly. Soundtrack is late 90s crappola

I could go on but whatever. To each their own and all that.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

precision posted:

It's a well made film of an incredibly bad script. I read the novel in highschool because "from the same author as Jurassic Park and Sphere, sign me the gently caress up!" and it's wayyyyyy more racist than the movie if you can believe it

I was/am a stalwart Crichton defender (lessening as time goes on) and oh yeah that novel is beyond eyebrow-raising. Very glad that I read it well after his better works.

The IDEOTV ep on Timeline is a good listen if you're into bad book podcasting.

The Twinkie Czar
Dec 31, 2004
I went for super stud.

Ror posted:

You gotta have the commentary track with it. I don't think it's ever failed to make me laugh.

http://snipeseyes.ytmnd.com

I'm imagining him refusing to open his eyes for a couple takes and then the director whispers something to the cameraman. They do another take, the director calls cut, but the camera keeps rolling. Snipes rises up and takes a step out of frame without ever opening an eye.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

fyi this is a pro-Blade forum, please keep your discussions of Blade to the "overwhelmingly positive" side of things.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
All I remember about Blade: Trinity is proto-Deadpool, Bald Sexy No Charisma Dracula, and Blade being so low energy that it's just reaction shots of him going "Hnnnnggg" and arching that one eyebrow usually reserved for the racist henchman comments* WHM was talking about in Snipes movies. There's always the one.

* - Alternatively, henchman that appear to know karate and challenge Snipes to a direct karate fight sometimes get this look, too.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

And don’t forget HHH trying to follow in the steps of the Rock and failing.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
God, that's true. You want to remove that Anne Rice mystique and elegance of vampires for sure? HHH in his weird hunched muscleman pose, mouth breathing with a set of fake teeth.

The shoulders on this human being

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
On the other hand, HHH would make a magnificent werewolf.

Tornhelm
Jul 26, 2008

precision posted:

On the other hand, HHH would make a magnificent werewolf.

So what you're saying is that we should have a Blade/Underworld crossover movie?

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

My favorite stupid thing about Blade Trinity is that Dracula isn't Dracula - he's "Drake."

Like using Dracula would somehow be too absurd for Blade.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Tornhelm posted:

So what you're saying is that we should have a Blade/Underworld crossover movie?

wait, you mean we didn't? I could have sworn that actually happened.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

5 simoleon
5 simoleon footlooooooooooong

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
Are the whispers real?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008