Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Do it ironically posted:

and make it so the champ has to fight on both shows or something idk, just get brock off tv

I mean, he already is. We're getting closer to brock having less raw appearances this year than Kane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Grey
Mar 2, 2004

exploded mummy posted:

I would like to thank Triple H for personally taking the time to save and rescue Ric Flair from all his demons

Hunter is such a good guy that he tried to rig Reid's drug test to help him pass. Unfortunately for Reid he was so hosed up he couldn't even pass it with HHH's help.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
I like how whatculture wrestling's spoiler free title from 2 hours before smackdown aired was "WWE SmackDown Has SHOCK Title Change In UK". Granted it coulda been the Uso match or a carmella cashin but once those don't happen you know what it is.

The Grey
Mar 2, 2004

Eli Wiggum posted:

This Ric Flair 30 for 30 is really good

As entertaining as Flair is, it's hard to like him when he says "Yeah, I only took my marriages seriously for a day. Hahaha."

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

exploded mummy posted:

I would like to thank Triple H for personally taking the time to save and rescue Ric Flair from all his demons

I mean, if he hadn't done that, we wouldn't have had those quality years of Flair in TNA.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Smackdown mighta shot themselves in the foot. Surely only a kallas could defeat Brock. Singh distraction optional (but encouraged)

Since AJ likes to sell like a maniac, I predict 18 suplexes. 3 of which make AJ do a full ragdoll backflip.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
I don't expect Brock to want to put on a long back and forth match, but if he wants to AJ's the guy to do it with.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
if they give aj enough to really push brock, and its not just suplex city, it'd do a lot to establish aj as the mega top guy on smackdown.

say aj hits a forearm and gets brock for a visual three and kurt pulls the ref out to save his job because blah blah brand brand w/e

its not for a real title so i think its ok to get a little dusty ith the finish

shiksa fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Nov 8, 2017

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

One F5

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
jinder status: hindered

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
AJ is going to effortlessly hit an early Clash and Brock Lesnar will die.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GjWqKHj3_o

drat this dastardly heel and all his... extremely legitimate points

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Jinder got hindered :(

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
That Flair documentary was heartbreaking. Ric is one of the greatest ever, but he’s very, very lucky to still be alive. He’s an incredibly stubborn person, but I hope he’s still able to turn his life around after all of that insanity.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Blaise330 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GjWqKHj3_o

drat this dastardly heel and all his... extremely legitimate points
Rusev Is Not A Heel

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
Was Kane's election tonight?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

AlmightyPants posted:

Was Kane's election tonight?

May 2018

(Not on the 13th, though)

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Gonz posted:

May 2018

(Not on the 13th, though)

It's 19, you loving philistine.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

SamuraiFoochs posted:

It's 19, you loving philistine.

Ah poo poo, you’re right.

It’s 1:00 AM and i’ve been up since 6:00 AM. That’s my excuse.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Blooming Brilliant posted:

Both, botches and injuries usually went hand-in-hand.

The one I always remember is him jumping to the outside against Del Rio, and calling the match off because he strained his finger, to which Del Rio just booted him in the face.

I want to say this happened a few weeks before someone else worked through a match long injury (maybe Zayn's shoulder injury against Cena?)

Ah yes, the bizarre thing where people lambast him for trying to take care of his own health. So many wrestlers gently caress themselves up trying to finish mediocre matches, I see nothing wrong with Sin Cara trying to not have to wrestle 5 more minutes with possibly a broken finger.

The macho nature of wrestling gets stupid pretty often IMO. See also Daniel Bryan being on the verge of fighting HHH because they called off a match because he got concussed.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Benne posted:

Tonight's a good reminder that WWE scripted Paige to bury Reid Flair in a promo to "get heat," and two weeks later turned her face.

While it was absolutely awful to do this, and awful to not speak to the parents beforehand, but it's also just so indicative of modern WWE's lovely storytelling.

Nobody knew what the gently caress Paige even meant, especially in storyline. Not every fan in a super smart fan, please only do things that make sense in established kayfabe.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

St Evan Echoes posted:

Rusev Is Not A Heel

Yes he is, why else would he be filled with so much team spirit to support his coworkers while being a loving husband and....

Actually if this leads to Rusev getting on the team through his sheer determination and he ends up in a 1v4 situation against raw and wins, this could be the push Ziggler didn't get but done right.

Blaise330 fucked around with this message at 10:32 on Nov 8, 2017

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
In other wrestler election news, Matt Morgan was elected commissioner in a city adjacent to me:

https://www.clickorlando.com/news/politics/incumbent-former-wwe-wrestler-vie-for-longwood-district-4-commission-seat

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Kane/Rhyno 2018

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
AS I EXCLUSIVELY REVEALED on this forum at the time Austin Aries on today's Talk Is Jericho said he did not ask for a release from WWE instead he was let go.

He didn't say by who though (it was Triple H in a rare and embarrassing for Aries move). Normally releases are pawned off to other people.

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

rovert posted:

AS I EXCLUSIVELY REVEALED on this forum at the time Austin Aries on today's Talk Is Jericho said he did not ask for a release from WWE instead he was let go.

He didn't say by who though (it was Triple H in a rare and embarrassing for Aries move). Normally releases are pawned off to other people.

Cool man great job

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Hopefully the Undertaker works there:

https://twitter.com/RoryKarpf/status/928102253399076864

Epic Tane
Jan 15, 2017

by zen death robot
I like AJ Styles and look forward to his one week title reign.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
there is a way to watch the Flair doc from Chile?

The Grey
Mar 2, 2004

Taker's voice sounded weird in the interview.i know he's not going to use his Rest In Peace voice, but I thought he would be more like Biker Taker.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

rovert posted:

AS I EXCLUSIVELY REVEALED
I enjoy your scoops but was this necessary?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Eli Wiggum posted:

I enjoy your scoops but was this necessary?

Yes. Do you think I am serious with it? If so I despair at this stage.

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

rovert posted:

Yes. Do you think I am serious with it? If so I despair at this stage.

You dream of being one of the big dogs of wrestle scoops so ya

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Tomahawk posted:

You dream of being one of the big dogs of wrestle scoops so ya

OR the all caps should be a pretty decent tell I am not being that serious.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

rovert posted:

OR the all caps should be a pretty decent tell I am not being that serious.

You didn't use italics, bold, red text, or even blink. How are we supposed to know you're being funny??

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

exploded mummy posted:

this is legitimately true though and neither of them have discussed it publicly until now for good reason

interested to see if/what meltzer says about this now as it's stuff he avoided gossiping about at the time to spare his friend

oatgan fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Nov 8, 2017

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I laughed.

Keep posting cool scoops, rovert.

DukeofCA
Aug 18, 2011

I am shocked and appalled.

The Grey posted:

Taker's voice sounded weird in the interview.i know he's not going to use his Rest In Peace voice, but I thought he would be more like Biker Taker.

He old.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

oatgan posted:

this is legitimately true though and neither of them have discussed it publicly until now for good reason

interested to see if/what meltzer says about this now as it's stuff he avoided gossiping about at the time to spare his friend

Meltzer was still saying the same things he always does on WOR this morning. The documentary didn't really open the floodgates.

Yes the Triple H story is actually true. For maybe the right reasons the rehab story was completely suppressed in the Wrestling media. I don't want to sound as combative about the subject as I usually do but there's a lot of Flair friends/fanboys in the Wrestling media. If was anyone else is likely their name would be published. Just a simple fact really.

Joe Gomez was Ric Flair's rehab "coach" in a trivia note. Ric stayed at his home. I believe Ric doing that tipped people in Wrestling off about the rehab stint.

rovert fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Nov 8, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

IcePhoenix posted:

I laughed.

Keep posting cool scoops, rovert.
:same:

• Locked thread