Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Monopoly was actually another game that was designed as a critique of capitalism before someone else stole the idea from her.

What’s Culdcept like? I hear that compared to Monopoly too and the new 3DS one looks interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Except it'll almost certainly be in the new style with the shared car.

Nintendo's direction as of late seems to be: go back to what works/what people want. Nobody likes the car and they just did a Best-Of Mario Party--I'd bet they'll do it old school for the next one

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Spellman posted:

Nintendo's direction as of late seems to be: go back to what works/what people want. Nobody likes the car and they just did a Best-Of Mario Party--I'd bet they'll do it old school for the next one

10 had a mode that played like the old games. It just required an amiibo and the boards were pretty basic.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

SeANMcBAY posted:

What’s Culdcept like? I hear that compared to Monopoly too and the new 3DS one looks interesting.

Culdcept is a game about patiently waiting for twenty minutes to see which RNG system is going to gently caress you over this time.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

The timing would be perfect for an MP that brings back the costume themes for the characters on different boards 🤯

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg
My biggest issue with the new mario parties are how drat short they are. If I'm sitting down to play a game with friends I think we all have the attention span to focus on something for more than twenty minutes

DanZX
May 5, 2015

I bought Monopoly Gamer (the one with Mario characters, power ups and bosses) and I thinks it’s ok.
Played it with some friends and thanks to the power ups you play more aggressive and faster. It’s still Monopoly but you can throw shells at your friends to rob them of their coins

OptimusShr
Mar 1, 2008
:dukedog:

Help Im Alive posted:

There's a Mario Party coming out in like a week, play Monopoly instead of that.

FTFY

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

Well, Miiverse is gonna die in about an hour and I guess I'd like to say some final words.
As someone who avoids social media like twitter and facebook I enjoyed having a platform to talk about games without having to worry about real world issues creeping their way in. Plus I always enjoyed being one of the first people to upload screenshots and share thoughts when a new game was added to miiverse.
Miiverse was definitely not perfect, but I will miss it and hope for a similar & improved service on Switch one day.

final score:
94 followers
407 posts
2208 yeahs

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

make that.... 2209

:yeah:

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

.TakaM posted:

Well, Miiverse is gonna die in about an hour and I guess I'd like to say some final words.
As someone who avoids social media like twitter and facebook I enjoyed having a platform to talk about games without having to worry about real world issues creeping their way in. Plus I always enjoyed being one of the first people to upload screenshots and share thoughts when a new game was added to miiverse.
Miiverse was definitely not perfect, but I will miss it and hope for a similar & improved service on Switch one day.

final score:
94 followers
407 posts
2208 yeahs

:yeah:

I’ll miss it too. I rarely checked it directly but I liked to post and see content directly in games. I especially liked how Wind Waker HD, 3D World, Splatoon, Smash 4 and Mario Maker utilized it. It added a lot to the experience and those games will miss something now.

Splatoon 2 has its Miiverse inspired posts, I really hope Smash Switch and especially Mario Maker Switch has something similar.

Maybe homebrewers can set up a shadow Miiverse to keep things going eventually.

2554 :yeah:s

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Nov 8, 2017

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I don't like the Splatoon 2 fake miiverse because you can't draw on the pad, the Wii U and 3DS miiverse s had way better art

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

In Training posted:

I don't like the Splatoon 2 fake miiverse because you can't draw on the pad, the Wii U and 3DS miiverse s had way better art

I still see amazing art there sometimes.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/en/

It’s officially gone.:rip:

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

This week's drop (all releases Nov 9, unless otherwise stated).

Note: eShop updates at 12 noon EST/9am PST for NA, 15.00 CET/14.00 GMT for Europe.

Switch
ACA NeoGeo Street Hoop/Street Slam - $7.99 / £6.29 / €6.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
This 3-on-3 street basketball game was released in 1994. Players choose from 10 teams vying for the position of the strongest street basketball team in America. The excitement of this game comes from the players’ ability to enjoy an exhilarating game of street basketball. In addition to pulling off fancy slam dunks, players can enjoy the thrill of basketball with simple controls that allow them to make passes to players in midair to throw down a slam dunk or dunk when rebounding the ball. Additionally, if players charge up their gauges, they’ll be able to make an earth-shattering super shot that can break any defense. This game successfully combines adherence to the basics of basketball with some outrageous special moves.

Cat Quest - $12.99 / £ ? / € ? (Nov 10 NA / Nov 10 EU)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Cat Quest is an open world RPG set in the pawsome world of cats! Leap into a grand adventure in purrsuit of the evil Drakoth and your catnapped sister! Explore Felingard's huge overworld map, risk life and limb delving into dungeons for epic loot, and lend a paw to a furry cast of characters in a flurry of side quests.

DOOM - $59.99 / £49.99 / €59.99 (Nov 10)
Retail / Digital - [NA] [EU]
Relentless demons, impossibly destructive guns, and fast, fluid movement provide the foundation for intense, first-person combat – whether you’re obliterating demon hordes through the depths of Hell in the single-player campaign, or competing against your friends in numerous multiplayer modes. There is no taking cover or stopping to regenerate health as you beat back Hell’s raging demon hordes.

Farming Simulator: Nintendo Switch Edition - $49.99 / £37.99 / €44.99 (Nov 7)
Take on the challenges of the modern farmer! Explore a huge open world including a detailed North American environment, loaded with farming activities, over hundreds of acres of land. Drive over 250 authentic farming vehicles and equipment from over 75 manufacturers, including brands such as Challenger, Fendt, Massey Ferguson and Valtra.

Heroes of the Monkey Tavern - $9.99 / £8.99 / €9.99 (Nov 7)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
After countless days and nights celebrating within the infamous Monkey Tavern, our team of adventurers have spent every last penny. Their fates, however, are about to change... Like a gift from the gods, in walks a mysterious stranger who points them towards a high tower full of invaluable treasures. It doesn't take much more to rouse their thirst for adventure.

Koi DX - $5.00 / £4.99 / €5.00
Digital - [NA] [EU]
KOI reflects a tranquil and mesmerizing experience as you embark on an introspective journey through the lens of a lone koi fish separated from its owner and is the last hope for purifying waters polluted by mankind. It’s up to you to turn the tide and guide the koi through eight artfully rendered stages that will take you into the murky as well as enchanting waters, deep below the surface.Search and activate the hiding small fish, bring the small fish to open the flowers with the same color.The wandering black fish should be avoided once encountered.Once all flowers are opened, the black fish will be purified.

Maria the Witch - $4.99 / £4.49 / €4.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Zaki & Mia stole all the mails and spread them all over the worlds. Help Maria to bring them back to their owners. She is an amateur, and she still needs a lot of practice to master her broom. It will not be easy but she has to do what she has to do. A fantastic adventure and addictive game. Try and retry to control her clumsy broom and travel through many different magical worlds.

Octodad: Dadliest Catch - $14.99 / £11.99 / €13.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Octodad is a game about destruction, deception, and fatherhood. The player controls Octodad, a dapper octopus masquerading as a human. Octodad's existence is a struggle, as he must master mundane tasks with his unwieldy tentacles while keeping his cephalopodan nature a secret from his human family.

Rock 'N' Racing Off-Road DX - $7.99 / £7.19 / €7.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Rock'N Racing Off Road DX offers the most entertaining and exciting races, with loads of skids, crashes and amazing jumps. You will have several modes of play, such as Cup mode, time trial and multi-player with the option of up to 4 Players at a time. Online ranking table where you can compare your best times with friends and players from around the world.

Snipperclips Plus - Cut it Out, Together! - $29.99 / £ ? / € ? (or $9.99 / £ ? / € ? if purchased using a Nintendo Account which has also purchased the original Snipperclips game) (Nov 10)
Paper pals Snip and Clip must cut each other into the right shapes to overcome tricky obstacles in this updated version of the game. Partner up with friends or family to solve puzzles, including new comic book and toy box worlds, 3 new activities, and a new stamp mode. Plus, play the original levels in new shapes!

Sonic Forces - $39.99 / £34.99 / €39.99 (Nov 7)
Sonic Forces is the latest Sonic the Hedgehog game that lets you create a custom character with powerful gadgets, speed through rolling ruined landscapes as Modern Sonic, and catapult past perilous platforms as Classic Sonic. Experience fast-paced action with these three unique gameplay styles, explore iconic stages, plus, fight across unique added content with Shadow as a playable character!*

Spellspire - $9.99 / £8.99 / €9.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Spellspire is a thrilling mashup of word game and action role playing game. Pick letters from a grid to spell words and shoot them from your wand as spells. The longer the word, the bigger the blast! Buy more powerful wands, hats and robes with magical special effects and abilities. Power through tough encounters and bossfights with health potions, spell scrolls and other magical items. Will you reach the top of the Spellspire, and what will you find?

Super Putty Squad - $19.99 / £ ? / € ?
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Putty Is Back! A timeless classic makes the Nintendo Switch™. Jump, bounce, squidge and stretch your way to victory as you help Putty save his kidnapped friends from certain death in this classic gaming platformer with over 100 levels.

Tallowmere - $6.99 / £6.29 / €6.99
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Greetings, hero! How far through Lady Tallowmere's dungeons can you delve? Each randomly-generated room gets bigger, harder, and more rewarding the further you go. Raise your shield and hunt for the key in each room - or die trying. Be on your guard for every enemy, elite, boss, and treasure chest you'll encounter. Discover new weapons and armor ranging from Basic to Otherworldly. Brace yourself as you learn the quirks of each foe, trap, and room type so you can strive for that "one more run" high-score victory!

Uno for Nintendo Switch - $9.99 / £7.99 / €9.99 (Nov 7)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
UNO®, the beloved card game, is coming to the Nintendo Switch system with exciting new features. Players can now race against friends to see who can empty their hand first in Classic Play, or you can customize your experience with a variety of unique and exciting House Rules. For even more fun, the new Emote system allows players to share the joy of victory – or the agony of defeat. Flick the controller to play, draw, or pass cards for the physical feel of real-life UNO. Play with the Rabbids, Just Dance, Rayman, or Winter themes for four new, unique experiences! Play online or locally using up to four Switch consoles, and communicate using the new Emote system!

WiiU
Annihilation - $1.99 / £1.79 / €1.99 (Aug 31 NA / Nov 9 EU)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Annihilation is a top-down arcade shooter. Defend your base from waves of enemies that spawn in random variations for endless fun. Try to earn high scores and go for perfect scores! Grab a friend and fight off waves of enemies together in a special Co-op mode. Prepare for the onslaught in Annihilation.

3DS
Bonds of the Skies - $9.99 / £ ? / € ? (Nov 9 NA / ? EU)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
Times are changing, and the existence of the Grimoas has become less relevant in everyday life. The young Eil is in the middle of his Coming-of-Age ceremony when suddenly his town is attacked by a demon and engulfed in flames. In the midst of this confusion, Eil enters into a pact with the Air Grimoa, Nogard, in order to save everyone.

The game features classic turn-based battles, with a Synchro Gauge system which lets you unleash powerful skills when synchronized with the Grimoas. A wide range of achievements, including quests to complete and items to collect, await you during this epic adventure!

Hiding Out - $4.99 / £4.99 / €4.99 (Nov 6)
Digital - [NA] [EU]
The police think you're a bank robber! Find 100 pieces of a photo of the real robber in this single-screen game inspired by classic arcade games!

Mario Party: The Top 100 - $39.99 / £ ? / € ? (Nov 10 NA / Jan '18 EU)
Ever partied with Mario? Stuffed mouthfuls of pizza? Dodged penguins? Well, the party is back with the top 100 minigames in Mario Party™ series history! Test your memory, speed, and luck in a variety of multiplayer minigame types. With Download Play, up to 4 players can party on their own system with just 1 Game Card! This time the fun comes faster, thanks to some fresh features, including a Favorites option for quicker minigame selection and streamlined instructions. Start playing and pretty soon you'll find there's only enough room for the best at this funfest!

New 3DS
RTO - $9.99 / £ ? / € ?
Digital - [NA] [EU]
The enemy has struck. They approach rapidly. Your team is outnumbered and low on ammo. It’s only a matter of time until it’s all over. Take control of a six-man team and fight your way through multiple levels with the odds against you. RTO is a side-scrolling FPS survival horror game with permadeath.

irlZaphod fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Nov 8, 2017

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003
For those of you, like me, who already bought snipper clips, the new content will be available as a $9.99 DLC purchase.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Yeah the base game with the new content is increasing to $29.99, if you already own it you have to download a software update. You'll then be able to purchase the new content.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

How is the Doom port shaping up? It was one of my favorite games of last year, I could be tempted into double dipping.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Good probably?

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003
Does anyone have any good sources of reviews? All the big hitters (IGN, etc.) are absolute trash and I don't trust a single word they say.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Then why are you looking for reviews in the first place. Those are the places to go get reviews

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Then why are you looking for reviews in the first place. Those are the places to go get reviews

Because I'm curious about how a game is, and I don't trust companies that have been paid off by developers before.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Everyone who has played the pre-release says its good. Its 30fps, portable DOOM, its gonna be good.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Fremry posted:

Because I'm curious about how a game is, and I don't trust companies that have been paid off by developers before.

The only difference between them and YouTube is YouTube reviewers don't disclose who pays them

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Fremry posted:

Does anyone have any good sources of reviews? All the big hitters (IGN, etc.) are absolute trash and I don't trust a single word they say.

Polygon

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Nobody is paying my shiny metal rear end

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Fremry posted:

Wait for forum posts on here after it’s out. That’s usually the best metric on game performance quality.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

if you're looking for pre-release reviews for a Bethesda game....lol

They don't let people review poo poo in advance unless it's a new Fallout or something

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

irlZaphod posted:

New 3DS
RTO - $9.99 / £ ? / € ?
Digital - [NA] [EU]
The enemy has struck. They approach rapidly. Your team is outnumbered and low on ammo. It’s only a matter of time until it’s all over. Take control of a six-man team and fight your way through multiple levels with the odds against you. RTO is a side-scrolling FPS survival horror game with permadeath.
Heh. It's another remake of the C64 Aliens game from the 80s.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe
Polygon's got some good reviewers, so does usgamer. These days I look for good writing, find out who wrote it, and semi-follow those folks.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

The best place to find reviews is lowest rating Metacritic user reviews

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Spellman posted:

The best place to find reviews is lowest rating Metacritic user reviews

I liked the metacritic reviews for odyssey that thought it ripped off sonic

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

DLC Inc posted:

if you're looking for pre-release reviews for a Bethesda game....lol

They don't let people review poo poo in advance unless it's a new Fallout or something

They stopped doing it with Fallout too.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Fremry posted:

lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Follow the money dude

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

In Training posted:

Follow the money dude

the lamestream media, affluent with statues of the skyrim man and packages full of brass knuckles, is no longer trustworthy. where can an honest and moral gamer go for reviews

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

the best place to find a review is in your heart while you play a game

Spellman
May 31, 2011

I believe you can review a game after you've seen the trailer

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

The real reviews are the friends you made along the way

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

inferis posted:

The real reviews are the friends you made along the way

RIP miiverse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Spellman posted:

I believe you can review a game after you've seen the trailer
I review games based on the announcement and working title.