Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

yo those frozen beef and cheese burritos are p good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry

Good soup! posted:

yo those frozen beef and cheese burritos are p good

They're even better when you heat em up.

Gotta stop by the 'co and pick up some more egg whites and ground turkey. It might be finally be getting cold enough to warrant a blanket, too.

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo
Got one of those $15 ultimate sherpa blankets last time I was in. It's so much better than the lovely fleece blanket I've been using for years and probably cost a lot less.

Costco rules.

naem
May 29, 2011

Accretionist posted:

Business Insider saw all that Costco had made, and it was good:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duQmsfNIGwU

PBUC

Stottie Kyek
Apr 26, 2008

fuckin egg in a bun
Last time I was in Costco they were selling some enormous TVs and showing one of the new Superman films on them, but they'd put some kind of interpolation on it so it looked like a really bad soap opera.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Stottie Kyek posted:

Last time I was in Costco they were selling some enormous TVs and showing one of the new Superman films on them, but they'd put some kind of interpolation on it so it looked like a really bad soap opera.

That's usually part of the show off demo mode.

Cry instead at the very likely possibility the splitter they're running off of is sending composite.

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

Costco dogeato ergo sum

:grin:

insulated staircase fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Nov 8, 2017

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good

Teikanmi posted:

bahahahaha owning a car in Tokyo are you nuts dude, aside from how unbelievably expensive it is and how insane the traffic is, the train and subway system in Japan is kind of one of the things they're known for

Also Tokyo is loving huge, it takes like an hour for me to go from my house (the star) to the Kawasaki Costco, you probably just don't realize how loving massive the city is

edit: see for yourself

Just rent a car like I do, it’s definitely worth it to get your Costco fix!

If you absolutely must use the trains then the Shin Misato location is the best one since it’s close to the train stations, the other ones are a pretty good hike away.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Stottie Kyek posted:

That's every new TV being sold everywhere though. Get used to it because TVs need something to set it apart from the one you already have and 3D didn't work so they are doing this. This is going to push all media in that direction :toot:

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

KakerMix posted:

That's every new TV being sold everywhere though. Get used to it because TVs need something to set it apart from the one you already have and 3D didn't work so they are doing this. This is going to push all media in that direction :toot:

New TV? The dumb interpolation and hosed up colors pre-date even flat screen tvs. All that stuff is done because it makes the tv look good when it's crammed in a best buy next to 20 other tvs. If one refuses to do it then people shopping will go "oh that one looks dimmer than the others it must be bad"

You're supposed to turn all that poo poo off after you take it home, and at this point even grandpas have figured this out

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
I guess it's time for this thread to take on the Costco cake challenge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47wjeTLOz7w

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

New TV? The dumb interpolation and hosed up colors pre-date even flat screen tvs. All that stuff is done because it makes the tv look good when it's crammed in a best buy next to 20 other tvs. If one refuses to do it then people shopping will go "oh that one looks dimmer than the others it must be bad"

You're supposed to turn all that poo poo off after you take it home, and at this point even grandpas have figured this out

TV -> color TV -> bigger TV -> flat panel TV -> HDTV -> 3D TV -> "120hz" TV/all that extra garbage poo poo

It's to have a reason to sell a TV to someone with a 55 inch flat panel that does 1080p already. If it works they don't need a new TV, they need something that does something theirs doesn't. They tried 3D and that bombed so now we're into interpolation and OLED and color saturation that makes your eyes bleed. The only thing that is supposed to be off when you get home is (like you said) the show floor brightness. All that other poo poo is meant to be on the TV so the person goes 'wow so smooth!'

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

KakerMix posted:

TV -> color TV -> bigger TV -> flat panel TV -> HDTV -> 3D TV -> "120hz" TV/all that extra garbage poo poo

It's to have a reason to sell a TV to someone with a 55 inch flat panel that does 1080p already. If it works they don't need a new TV, they need something that does something theirs doesn't. They tried 3D and that bombed so now we're into interpolation and OLED and color saturation that makes your eyes bleed. The only thing that is supposed to be off when you get home is (like you said) the show floor brightness. All that other poo poo is meant to be on the TV so the person goes 'wow so smooth!'

Again, interpolation was around since they started sell flat panels.

Even my 80 year old grandma asked me to turn that stuff off when we got her a new tv. She says all her friends have it off too. Everybody thinks it looks lovely but it's there because it pops on the sales floor.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Again, interpolation was around since they started sell flat panels.

Even my 80 year old grandma asked me to turn that stuff off when we got her a new tv. She says all her friends have it off too. Everybody thinks it looks lovely but it's there because it pops on the sales floor.

In a world where Instagram filters are a thing, where phone screens exaggerate the balls off color and blue LEDs infest all electronics I guess your grandma is a representation of the general public.

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~

C. Everett Koop posted:

I guess it's time for this thread to take on the Costco cake challenge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47wjeTLOz7w

Jesus Christ how did she not fall into a coma halfway through?

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

I was kinda sketchy about the costcomembershipoffer.com thing, but after a quick google search found a duder who shared:

https://www.ipaddress.com/websites/costcomembershipoffer.com

Looks legit to me, hopped on it! BLESSED, SHALL I FINALLY BECOME AGAIN. Gonna test it out tomorrow and finally have communion again after my old roommate moved out.

Hold onto the seat of your pants, I'll be reporting back shortly!

E: got it last night, now it's looking like they're gone? May the quarter pound plus give me strength to hold out until the morning.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

KakerMix posted:

In a world where Instagram filters are a thing, where phone screens exaggerate the balls off color and blue LEDs infest all electronics I guess your grandma is a representation of the general public.

Are you intentionally changing the subject here or what?

Interpolation affects motion not color

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

People have no taste and like garbage. Instagram filters look like garbage and motion interpolation (usually) also looks like garbage. See what I'm saying? I'm weirded out that this is seemingly difficult of a point to get across and I'm sure most people in this thread are going to be like 'woah I wish I could turn you idiots off!' and then we can start talking about dogs again.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Your stupidity truly knows no bounds

:maga:

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

BaconCopter posted:

I was kinda sketchy about the costcomembershipoffer.com thing, but after a quick google search found a duder who shared:

https://www.ipaddress.com/websites/costcomembershipoffer.com

Looks legit to me, hopped on it! BLESSED, SHALL I FINALLY BECOME AGAIN. Gonna test it out tomorrow and finally have communion again after my old roommate moved out.

Hold onto the seat of your pants, I'll be reporting back shortly!

E: got it last night, now it's looking like they're gone? May the quarter pound plus give me strength to hold out until the morning.

It’s all over slickdeals and all the deal websites, it’s fine.

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~
There is no way the food court's frozen yogurt can have the advertised <200 calories! It's so huge and tasty.

Stottie Kyek
Apr 26, 2008

fuckin egg in a bun
It made a new Superman movie look like one of those '90s fantasy series like Power Rangers or Xena: Warrior Princess except with better costumes. Zack Snyder and all his editors and CG artists spent so much time overdoing it and trying to make it look like a huge, epic film, and the interpolation undid it all and made it look cheap as poo poo.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Stottie Kyek posted:

It made a new Superman movie look like one of those '90s fantasy series like Power Rangers or Xena: Warrior Princess except with better costumes. Zack Snyder and all his editors and CG artists spent so much time overdoing it and trying to make it look like a huge, epic film, and the interpolation undid it all and made it look cheap as poo poo.

sir this is the Costco food court pls take your dog and go

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
gonna hit the 'sco this weekend to search for X-Mas presents.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

FCKGW posted:

It’s all over slickdeals and all the deal websites, it’s fine.

And PRAISE BE, it was valid, and by holy order of the dog the first thing I did was take part in bessed communion. Line has tripled since I was in it :cool:

Also this is one of two warehouses is the entire state of Colorado that has liqour. Worth the extra 5 minutes on the drive for sure.

PBUC

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM

pro av material right here

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo
Did some winter clothes shopping at Costco today because I just moved from a part of California that doesn't have seasons.

Got some bomb rear end gloves and thermals for super cheap.

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002

Tim Whatley posted:

May I post this deal for newcomers to the faith:
https://costcomembershipoffer.com/purchase/open/visasocial

Costco membership, $20 Costco card, 12 pack of Kirkland towels, some Kirkland vitamin water and a goddamn food court pizza for $60

Thank you, Brother Tim, blessings be upon you.

Not sure what I’m going to do with a case of vitamin water of dubious nutritional value, but I won’t look a Costco gift horse in the mouth for eating a bulk box of crackers, which brings me to:

Costco product trip report:

These (local?) crackers are extremely my poo poo. They taste like the crispy crust of a nice San Francisco sourdough baguette, with the welcome addition of sea salt. Pair them with the variety pack of presliced cheeses from the deli section for maximum enjoyment.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Went to Costco this morning, got dat sherpa yall been gabbin about.

Daaaaaaaaamn,

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

The thread is a cabal of sherpa-wearing card-carrying thrifty eaters religiously worshipping a dog

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Dely Apple posted:

The thread is a cabal of sherpa-wearing card-carrying thrifty eaters religiously worshipping a dog

:worship::worship::worship::worship::worship:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Dely Apple posted:

PBUC

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe
I have dogs in mind

Soon one will be in my gut

A good Wednesday

-Costco Haikus

Dr. Capco
May 21, 2007

Pillbug