Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nomapple
Apr 27, 2012
The hospital thing was loving excruciating. What is this show?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
It all seemed like they were doing well, until the tours actually started

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Some of those people look like they want to cry.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

This is like one of those Eastern European scam tours that's just a bus a long walk to a gift shop they own

nomapple
Apr 27, 2012

Khablam posted:

This is like one of those Eastern European scam tours that's just a bus a long walk to a gift shop they own

literally. My stream is a bit behind and I thought the thing about "old and new buildings and loads of people" was paraphrasing... but it's not.
This is so embarrassing.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Odds on sugar saying it was "more like a segue"?

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
I would demand to be compensated for my time wasted on this poo poo tbh. They are robbing these people of their holidays

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

This is the worst thing lmao

“I know a lot about beer and beer tasting”
Later
“I bet this beer would get you drunk”

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

I like how these tasks never go well. They'll either gently caress it up from the get-go or spend the first 20 minutes convincing you that they might do okay, and then they'll find a way to gently caress it up.

nomapple
Apr 27, 2012
£6 for a souvenir keyring from that tour? hahahahahahahaha

Staggy
Mar 20, 2008

Said little bitch, you can't fuck with me if you wanted to
These expensive
These is red bottoms
These is bloody shoes

These challenges are always the ones I feel worst about for the public. Every other challenge risks a few minutes of an awkward interaction with the candidates. These basically waste an entire day of some poor sod's holiday. There's a woman on the blue tour that just looks miserable.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
Is Sugar dying his hair?

nomapple
Apr 27, 2012
So when they sold the tour, did they KNOW that it was 15 minutes on a segway, not a segway tour?

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Weird to think someone is being paid to write sugars lovely rear end attempts at humour

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

Staggy posted:

These challenges are always the ones I feel worst about for the public. Every other challenge risks a few minutes of an awkward interaction with the candidates. These basically waste an entire day of some poor sod's holiday. There's a woman on the blue tour that just looks miserable.

Don't forget that one guy last week who was about to have his dinner and got convinced to travel a few miles across London to sell an Amstrad only to get stood up

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Anyone who knowingly interacts with Apprentice candidates deserves what they get. Fair enough for foreigners ignorant of the infamy.

Re: the Segway tour I think James was supposed to ring and check and then never did, the editing highlighted that conversation during the selling.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
At least two are going to go here imo

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Banter... doesn’t included joking about other people

- Alan sugar, the bants man

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
I reckon he will spare Charles but make him PM next week.

nomapple
Apr 27, 2012
underwhelming boardroom action, but incredibly embarrassing task. Pretty decent episode. Can't believe Andrew wasn't fired.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
All I took from this episode is after six tasks Elizabeth thinks Sajan's name is Sergeant.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Thinking of trying to track down some series 1 or 2 episodes to remind myself what this programme was like before it became this loving soap opera farce where half a team is told to sell something that hasn't been arranged by the other half clearly designed to create annoyed customers. gently caress off.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

eating only apples posted:

All I took from this episode is after six tasks Elizabeth thinks Sajan's name is Sergeant.

Well I'll be damned.

Not sure what the Sarah Jane girl did to deserve a firing. She seemed semi-competent and it's not exactly her fault the tour itself was such shite.

If someone sold me a beer tasting in Bruges and it was just a lad talking poo poo about how drunk Belgian beer gets you I'd walk out and demand double my money back.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Pissflaps posted:

Thinking of trying to track down some series 1 or 2 episodes to remind myself what this programme was like before it became this loving soap opera farce where half a team is told to sell something that hasn't been arranged by the other half clearly designed to create annoyed customers. gently caress off.

There's a lot on youtube!

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

Steve2911 posted:

Not sure what the Sarah Jane girl did to deserve a firing. She seemed semi-competent and it's not exactly her fault the tour itself was such shite.

As the PM she certainly shares some element of the blame for the lovely tour. But I think she was fired for not really making an impression. In last week's episode her entire role was sitting opposite the others in the taxi. Not actually really contributing anything.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Marmaduke! posted:

As the PM she certainly shares some element of the blame for the lovely tour. But I think she was fired for not really making an impression. In last week's episode her entire role was sitting opposite the others in the taxi. Not actually really contributing anything.

She was sat in a room with Charles and Andrew though who actually did poo poo to be fired over.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer
I kind of love that Elizabeth is grimly holding on, despite being openly disliked by at least half the competitors. Go Elizabeth!

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Pissflaps posted:

2-5 is golden era if you want to go looking

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Marmaduke! posted:

She doesn't do anything. Most episodes she doesn't say a word.
While I get that the idea is "fire the ones who aren't very good" in reality it's more "fire the ones who are quiet" for a while at least.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Exactly, in a way it's the opposite of Big Brother type shows where the most bombastic competitors get kicked out because they draw the most attention to themselves, but in the Apprentice if you don't get noticed one way or the other you're usually for the chop. Doesn't necessarily mean if you're quiet you'll lose, if you have enough other positive qualities you can still win, e.g. Tom.

nomapple
Apr 27, 2012
It's got to be about time for a double firing? Surely?

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Checking in

ETA- Chuck and Liz to go.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Ooo good, the advertising episode....who will get all Kubrick on the ad set?

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

nomapple posted:

It's got to be about time for a double firing? Surely?

It's gonna need two i think over the series?

So about on time.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Ahah a Spandeau!

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

EAT THE CHEESE, NICHOLSON!
Why are they renaming a Ford Fiesta ffs

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Another “read Alan sugars stupid rear end mind” task ffs

Advertising cars is difficult on low budget especially with a white goods car

This is gonna suck. Lol

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

EAT THE CHEESE, NICHOLSON!

Bape Culture posted:

This is gonna suck. Lol

good

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

In fairness to the ultimate failure of this task, that is a non-descript nothing of a car

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Why are all the ad ideas they have like something from the Eighties.

Oh my god Elizabeth, write the advert, star in the advert :cringe:

• Locked thread