Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Basebf555 posted:

I'm a bit too old to have lived on the internet during high school, I had to actually get out there and see people in person to find friends to interact with.

Same, along with grown dudes telling me to stop being a bitch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The General
Mar 4, 2007

You can still be a bitch and meet women. Just gotta go to the right parties. :whip:

nael
Sep 10, 2009
I was right here on these forums watching grown dudes make fun of these guys. That probably helped.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

This is good. We need more people taking action instead of sitting on their asses and whining.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

KingSlime posted:

Yes!! One day when I was 15 and frustrated at not being popular I decided to stop being a little bitch and now my life is really great, and has been since I turned 17 or so when I finally accepted that adversity is to be welcomed with open arms

I wonder if a lack of a proper mentor is also an issue here? They're mentoring each other and reinforcing their hugbox bullshit but I bet the advice of an older, more experienced male in the real world could do wonders for many of these folks

Their inherent sexism is one of the biggest problems in reasoning with them. They think women are shallow automatons that only care about getting hosed by the biggest dick possible. They literally think that is all that matters to women and cannot comprehend concepts like loving a person regardless of their flaws or shortcomings or body issues (within reason). You will see them wailing and gnashing their teeth over being 5'10 with a normal sized dick and how that makes them completely undateable. You see pictures of them and a bunch of the time they are perfectly normal looking people, their problem is their vile personalities and misogyny.

The concept of lesbians literally is ignored by them when the whole sex thing is brought up of course.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
that is just so goddamn sad, im a tiny not especially attractive dude and i dont have the old chaddonger, but its like holy crap kiddos, like try talking to them with the intent of legit getting to know them. this is not even a hard thing.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
My favorite piece of dating advice is "make friends with everyone, even people you are not trying to sleep with."

I wonder if they even try get past the "make friends" bit before they throw their arms up in unrelenting defeat.

You gotta talk to people to touch people, guys

kupachek
Aug 5, 2015

This man’s brain is trembling in the balance between reason and insanity, and as he stalks on with clenched fist and sword in hand, as though he still saw those murderous Russians gunners.

WoodrowSkillson posted:

their problem is their vile personalities and misogyny.

I was going to bring that up in response to Basebf555, but you beat me to it.

sneakyfrog posted:

but its like holy crap kiddos, like try talking to them with the intent of legit getting to know them. this is not even a hard thing.

I have a sneaking suspicion they give off a vibe that makes the gals uncomfortable and not want to engage in conversation.
Short of massive personal growth, I don't know what they can do to change that though. :shrug:

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

KingSlime posted:

My favorite piece of dating advice is "make friends with everyone, even people you are not trying to sleep with."

I wonder if they even try get past the "make friends" bit before they throw their arms up in unrelenting defeat.

You gotta talk to people to touch people, guys

The problem I think is so deep, so close to the roots that any way to make it about women or dating culture or society in general is preferable to the truth. They literally can't socialize and have normal interactions with people, not just women. Women of course, because they are people, understand this implicitly and stay far, far away from them. But it's not because they are too short or don't have the proper jaw shape or whatever.

I guess I get annoyed by it because I see a lot of myself in it. I've been to therapy, I've done a shitload of work on myself over the years, but that's just what almost everyone has to do. It doesn't make me special and refusing to do the work doesn't make them special either, it makes them detestable.

Basebf555 has a new favorite as of 23:35 on Nov 8, 2017

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

kupachek posted:

I have a sneaking suspicion they give off a vibe that makes the gals uncomfortable and not want to engage in conversation.
Short of massive personal growth, I don't know what they can do to change that though. :shrug:

This is something that can be usually overcome with practice and exposure, and it's surprisingly easy too.

I grew up with boys (no female siblings) and was 10x more awkward (read:creepy) around girls than a lot of my mates who were close to female relatives, but it was easily worked out via exposure during my teens. Expanding my circle to include more girls, trying my shot at dancing, actually talking to them like they're people rather than FEMALE EDITION, etc

These days people really undervalue the merit behind "practice" for overcoming seemingly impossible obstacles

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Whoops:

https://twitter.com/DrMBowen/status/928353886305386496

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Quelle surprise.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Platystemon posted:

Quelle surprise.

Quelle dommage.

Tarantula
Nov 4, 2009

No go ahead stand in the fire, the healer will love the shit out of you.
To sum up, it's a video of "oops my bad" and "what the gently caress was that" dash cam videos.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiC7OnOd9NI

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNXkQGPAM48

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I'm going to laugh if this results in universities demanding cash and/or payment clearing in advance before he can speak.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

https://twitter.com/bfoster204/status/928395494648352768

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

nerdz posted:

I hope they were using their chadmorphs on their profile pics to catfish:

Tarantula
Nov 4, 2009

No go ahead stand in the fire, the healer will love the shit out of you.
Who could possibly forget the amazing legacy of Action Park? It's entire existence is one big story of schadenfreude.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flkW-ceNvck
e; Should mention I don't find freude in the people that died at the park.

Tarantula has a new favorite as of 01:03 on Nov 9, 2017

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

KingSlime posted:

This is something that can be usually overcome with practice and exposure, and it's surprisingly easy too.

I grew up with boys (no female siblings) and was 10x more awkward (read:creepy) around girls than a lot of my mates who were close to female relatives, but it was easily worked out via exposure during my teens. Expanding my circle to include more girls, trying my shot at dancing, actually talking to them like they're people rather than FEMALE EDITION, etc

These days people really undervalue the merit behind "practice" for overcoming seemingly impossible obstacles

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

nerdz posted:

Dudes are trying to be Cowboy Henk.
Some NSFW
https://imgur.com/gallery/Q9ESf

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Randaconda posted:

Did these guys not get used to rejection during puberty, like normal men?

No, they didn't. They were probably already socially awkward kids so they either never tried for fear of inviting more ridicule, or they did manage to get a relationship and it exploded so they refused to put themselves out there to get hurt again.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Overwatch Star Posts Smug Video About Being Mature, Has His Horny DMs Leaked One Day Later

A few goons have played with this guy and apparently he was an insufferable c u next Friday then too.

Inco
Apr 3, 2009

I have been working out! My modem is broken and my phone eats half the posts I try to make, including all the posts I've tried to make here. I'll try this one more time.

Lmao, this is what my dude looked like in Saints Row 2

Edward_Tohr
Aug 11, 2012

In lieu of meaningful text, I'm just going to mention I've been exploding all day and now it hurts to breathe, so I'm sure you all understand.

"I saw a mudcrab the other day. Filthy creatures."

Tagra
Apr 7, 2006

If you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.

Tarantula posted:

To sum up, it's a video of "oops my bad" and "what the gently caress was that" dash cam videos.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiC7OnOd9NI

Ahaha, the X-files music at the end...

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
Bill Nye is (was) doing an AMA and it's going about as well as you'd expect.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Tarantula posted:

Who could possibly forget the amazing legacy of Action Park? It's entire existence is one big story of schadenfreude.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flkW-ceNvck
e; Should mention I don't find freude in the people that died at the park.

This guy makes good videos. The first few are a little obnoxious as he gets his footing but he finds it very quickly.

The comments in that Twitter thread about Richard "Lowfunds" Spencer says writing a worthless check is a felony, and writing one for services is a separate felony. I don't know how true that is but I dearly hope so.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

His answers are delightful. The responses to his answers are the irredeemable shithole you'd expect from :reddit:.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Besesoth posted:

His answers are delightful.

Ah, yes. Question: "Why don't electrons collapse toward the positively charged protons in the nucleus of an atom?"

Delightful answer: "Magic.... No wait. It's the nature of atomic forces. Start by noticing that it must somehow be more complicated than electrons in orbit. If it were that way, they'd spiral into the nucleus and be annihilated. The move in "orbitals" rather than orbits. If things were any other way, things would be different."

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

nerdz posted:

Normally people get bizarre haircuts, I never thought that someone would want to rep the Wolfenstein3d look in real life.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

KingSlime posted:

Yes!! One day when I was 15 and frustrated at not being popular I decided to stop being a little bitch and now my life is really great, and has been since I turned 17 or so when I finally accepted that adversity is to be welcomed with open arms

I wonder if a lack of a proper mentor is also an issue here? They're mentoring each other and reinforcing their hugbox bullshit but I bet the advice of an older, more experienced male in the real world could do wonders for many of these folks

That is, of course, predicated on the idea of them actually listening to a voice of reason.

So, lovely theory that!

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Basebf555 posted:

The problem I think is so deep, so close to the roots that any way to make it about women or dating culture or society in general is preferable to the truth. They literally can't socialize and have normal interactions with people, not just women. Women of course, because they are people, understand this implicitly and stay far, far away from them. But it's not because they are too short or don't have the proper jaw shape or whatever.

I guess I get annoyed by it because I see a lot of myself in it. I've been to therapy, I've done a shitload of work on myself over the years, but that's just what almost everyone has to do. It doesn't make me special and refusing to do the work doesn't make them special either, it makes them detestable.

There's no problem with them. They are perfectly fine. It is the stupid Feminazi cuck goddesses keeping them down because they are too manly, too brilliant and too rational to be dominated into the beta money/sperm providers EVERYONE knows all women want exclusively, but NO ONE talks about.

MrKatharsis
Nov 29, 2003

feel the bern

KingSlime posted:

Funny you should post that on the same day this came out.

Discount Dracula
Aug 15, 2003

Nap Ghost

MrKatharsis posted:

Funny you should post that on the same day this came out.

Mentor, rapist. Potato, potahto.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
yeah that a pretty negative generalization to assume friend.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Upvote/downvote systems are so goddamn stupid

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Kevin Spacey is getting Back To The Future'd

https://twitter.com/TheAVClub/status/928441326345039872

olaf2022
Feb 19, 2003
Fun Shoe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Posts like that are why the subreddit got banned