Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

muscles like this! posted:

Looks like Sony is hoping the Spacey stuff all blows over as there are reports that they're going to push the release date for "All the Money in the World" back to next June. They had previously announced that they were keeping the release date of late December but were dropping the Oscar campaign for Spacey's supporting role.

https://twitter.com/TheInSneider/status/928434850381553665

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Yeah, I just read a thing about it in Variety, apparently it is doable because Spacey's scenes were pretty much him by himself and only originally took two weeks to film the first time.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

This makes me think the stuff with Spacey is way, way worse than what's been reported so far.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Ever since it was first reported its just been a steady stream of people coming forward about how Spacey has harassed them too.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Most of these guys have been open secrets for years, few of the claims are [Sadly] all that surprising. I will say that Allison Mack starting a sex cult kind of caught me off guard though. Didn't see that one coming.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Mulva posted:

Most of these guys have been open secrets for years, few of the claims are [Sadly] all that surprising. I will say that Allison Mack starting a sex cult kind of caught me off guard though. Didn't see that one coming.

Just looked that up. Jesus.

Super Fan
Jul 16, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Ugh, what an awful person. She seemed so sweet in Smallville

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

What the loving gently caress

quote:

• Allison Mack, 35, is reportedly second in command of a secret sex cult at the heart of self-help group NXIVM
  • Mack is perhaps best known for playing Clark Kent's friend Chloe Sullivan on the long-running TV series Smallville
  • NXIVM, founded by Keith Raniere brands itself as a self-help group, but former members have said it's really a cult
  • Frank Parlato, a former spokesman for NXIVM, revealed on his blog that Mack has been running a secret sorority within the cult that brands women
  • The sorority, called DOS, has a master-slave hierarchy where Mack is only second to Raniere in terms of seniority, the blog states
  • She then presides over a small group of slaves, who in turn must recruit their own set of slaves or else face corporeal punishment
  • On her personal website, Mack says Raniere has been her mentor for many years
  • A spokesman for Mack said the actress is not speaking to the press currently
  • Earlier this week, former Dynasty star Catherine Oxenberg met with prosecutors in New York to detail her daughter's experiece in the group

McSpanky fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Nov 9, 2017

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

this is some hollywood babylon poo poo right here

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

What the turbo gently caress.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Okay, there's probably some portion of this that is true.

But the Daily Mail is a right wing hack rag that loses libel suits on a regular basis. So I really want some independent confirmation.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

I've seen other sources for those allegations, don't dismiss it for the daily mail.

I'm gonna try to find where I was linked to for it, I had no reason to doubt the veracity of what was being published.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

That's fair, I don't read Brit news often and don't really know follow what's a good paper and what's garbage. But looking into it, the New York Times did a piece last month before Mack's name was tossed in, confirming pretty much everything up to that point.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/17/nyregion/nxivm-women-branded-albany.html

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

I cannot emphasize enough that the Daily Mail is a bottom-tier trash rag that you shouldn't read for anything, ever. British tabloids are beyond worthless even compared to American tabloids.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
In news shocking no one Stephen Segal has also been named

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

bobkatt013 posted:

Putin will protect him.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Egbert Souse posted:

This makes me think the stuff with Spacey is way, way worse than what's been reported so far.
Yeah but a part of me remember it's also Hollywood and Sony so they can perfectly be in full executive panic mode since he was fired from house of card and are only thinking they will lose more money not digitally replacing him. But yeah clearly the netflix recent decision does not help Spacey's image.
Lol. Never change hollywood.

Toplowtech fucked around with this message at 11:58 on Nov 9, 2017

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

CelticPredator posted:

Putin will protect him.

Flaadimir Poootin.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

bobkatt013 posted:

If I remember correctly he got into trouble a couple of years back for essentially holding a housekeeper against her will until she fled in the middle of the night. Not to mention the whole sex dungeon business. Seagal has always been a scumbag and horrible monster. I once saw someone describe him as the "Brundlefly of Mac and Dennis from It's Always Sunny," and that is super on point.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Charlie Sheen is being accused of raping Corey Haim

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

CelticPredator posted:

Putin will protect him.

Isn't that literally the reason he fled the country?

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/portiaderossi/status/928393978080358404

Not surprising at all, but again: sad as hell to realize we more or less knew all this and just accepted it as saucy gossip.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Isn't that literally the reason he fled the country?

Not sure but it makes a ton of sense now that he did.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

There's also this weird poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r05u8t4fGGE

I like when it cuts to a field covered in trash

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/amp/news/louis-cks-movie-premiere-canceled-advance-ny-times-story-1056585

Aw gently caress

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games

It's happening gif.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Well maybe Christopher Plummer can replace him too.

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games
Chloe Moretz has like the worst luck in Hollywood.

viral spiral
Sep 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich
The reshoots in All The Money In The World won't be noticeable due to Scott being such a visual director, hopefully.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Jeremy Piven has now accumulated three sexual assault allegations.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

dont even fink about it posted:

Jeremy Piven has now accumulated three sexual assault allegations.

two more and he can go back to "Douchey Hairpieces R Us" and get a free one

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

You know, at this point the only rich white male celebrity I'm willing to have any faith in is Mr. Peanut.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Louis CK about to go down.

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games
The only celebrity I would be genuinely upset to learn is a pervert is Keanu. Well and Amy Adams I guess.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Louis CK about to go down.

My buddy went as him for Halloween. He's a huge fan. I told him he's next. I had a feeling and welp, here we gooooo.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Here's the CK article: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/09/arts/television/louis-ck-sexual-misconduct.html?smid=tw-nytimes&smtyp=cur

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

https://twitter.com/sopandeb/status/928712359857836032

This is the most "there is much much more to this story" paragraph in the whole thing.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Yeah, that bathroom thing... I think this one's gonna get way worse. The implications around that are... good lord.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
Crossposting from TVIV, I think someone around here mentioned Corey Feldman always claimed to have dirt on hosed up Hollywood poo poo? Looks like he finally made good on that claim.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

porfiria posted:

The only celebrity I would be genuinely upset to learn is a pervert is Keanu. Well and Amy Adams I guess.

The rumor that's always gone around Hollywood is actually the opposite, that David Geffen got very handsy with him when he was just breaking in (the period just post Bill & Ted and My Own Private Idaho).

David Geffen is a ticking time bomb of sexual miconduct, actually, based on the number of rumors about him out there.