Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
http://nichegamer.com/2017/11/07/massive-overwhelming-and-thick-700-bowser-statue-announced/

Why yes I want a massive, overwhelming and thick Bowser :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

DACK FAYDEN posted:

It's harder if you use the speedrun strats the first time

and by "the speedrun strats" I mean literally air jumping repeatedly as Mario to stay up top while they run around and then ground pounding the side Broodals for the one-shot

Seriously, go look at a speedrun, that fight specifically is clearly not being done even remotely as intended and it's gorgeous

I saw a speedrun of that fight. I did not know you could do that. :catstare:

Starts at 1:02:40

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

quote:

The 19 inches tall Super Mario antagonist Bowser statue is fully painted, assembled, and a whopping $700. You read that right – seven hundred United States dollary-doos. Featured above, you can view an introductory video with First4Figures staff as they fully unveil the statue.

Size isn’t everything with this statue, however, as the magnetized tongue can be swapped out for a fireball that even lights up with it’s built-in LEDs.
...I'm shamefully intrigued by the built-in LED fireball.

Yoshi Jjang
Oct 5, 2011

renard renard renarnd renrard

renard

DACK FAYDEN posted:

...I'm shamefully intrigued by the built-in LED fireball.

Of all things to be shamefully intrigued by, an LED fireball isn't one of them.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Dr. Fetus posted:

I saw a speedrun of that fight. I did not know you could do that. :catstare:

Starts at 1:02:40

I didn't even realise you could climb the legs while they were still armoured. That's really cool. What other stuff have I missed with the bosses?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I didn't even realise you could climb the legs while they were still armoured. That's really cool. What other stuff have I missed with the bosses?
Off the top of my head, you might have missed being able to hit all four Broodals at weird times (I'm horrible with their names):
-lanky dude you can just jump on while his hats are out without hitting them to turn them into spinny jump things
-Spewart? you can hit while he's spitting poison in a circle
-Topper? you can knock out of invulnerability by hitting the correct hat he's hiding under a couple times
-Harriet? you can both knock out of invulnerability by hitting a dropped bomb back at her, and also knock the early bombs back at her before she does the big ones on her hair to deal actual damage

plus you don't have to turn back into Mario to hurt the Seaside boss, just spit water at the vulnerable point on his head

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

DACK FAYDEN posted:

plus you don't have to turn back into Mario to hurt the Seaside boss, just spit water at the vulnerable point on his head

this is a fun one because it turns into a weird semi-shooter

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Off the top of my head, you might have missed being able to hit all four Broodals at weird times (I'm horrible with their names):
-lanky dude you can just jump on while his hats are out without hitting them to turn them into spinny jump things
-Spewart? you can hit while he's spitting poison in a circle
-Topper? you can knock out of invulnerability by hitting the correct hat he's hiding under a couple times
-Harriet? you can both knock out of invulnerability by hitting a dropped bomb back at her, and also knock the early bombs back at her before she does the big ones on her hair to deal actual damage

I figured out most of those except Rango's though it's kind of obvious now that I think about it (I couldn't reliably pull Topper's off though). You can also jump on him as he's hopping around in his spiked hat to end his invulnerable phase as well. Spewart's the easiest by far but I feel like there's probably a way to end his invulnerability phase as well, maybe just by jumping on his hat?

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

Nephzinho posted:

And he's first. And if you want to take your time, you can just hit each hat into the wall as your knock them off his head in the 2nd and 3rd phases so that you don't have to deal with pinball while dodging his spin. Likewise you can pretty much stay in one corner and just jump to max height over and over again during the forced pinball phase and his hat will reveal himself automatically after a time.

Even better - just wait until he does his spin attack. You can jump on his back during it no matter how many hats he has on.

I'm a big fan of the broodal fights in this game, each of them has a couple tricks you can figure out instead of it just being a fixed "dodge until the obvious opening" thing.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
https://twitter.com/Web_Kraken/status/928398198376251393

This is the best Sonic game in years!

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Haha I was wondering if it was possible to win without the bike....good to know.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Snake Maze posted:

Even better - just wait until he does his spin attack. You can jump on his back during it no matter how many hats he has on.

I'm a big fan of the broodal fights in this game, each of them has a couple tricks you can figure out instead of it just being a fixed "dodge until the obvious opening" thing.

They're really good. Figuring those fights out made the gauntlet a fun time even though I kept dying.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
The frog floatiness on the bonus moon in this level is driving me crazy.
https://twitter.com/hatersgonnahate/status/928419810714689536

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Electromax posted:

Well if you really hate the frog that much its possible to do the entire thing without it.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

follow me

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I'm pretty consistently blown away by how much you'll suddenly notice something and go "No, there's no way that'll work" AND THEN IT WORKS

This is one of those moons that just made me think "you clever mother fucker"

Electromax posted:

This level made me want to die in real life

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg
Only two moons left but holy poo poo I do not want to smack a volleyball around for an hour

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

g0lbez posted:

Only two moons left but holy poo poo I do not want to smack a volleyball around for an hour

Just buy an extra moon and live happily.

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Just buy an extra moon and live happily.

I mean I got every moon but the darker side and volleyball, it's too late to back out now

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/Bunnynaut/status/928423422593339392

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

g0lbez posted:

I need this and the jumprope ones in order to 100%. I like how Darker Side took me like 4 tries but here I am at 99% completion with these dumbass challenges sitting between me and the golden balloon

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I don't know how you're supposed to figure out the "found with wooded kingdom art" moon on your own. Like, the picture shows a koopa troopa, four up arrows, and then two bushes side by side. There's groups of bushes all around that turtle, so naturally one of those should be right, right?

These bushes are almost completely at the opposite end of the map of the turtle. They aren't anywhere NEAR the drat turtle!

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost

DACK FAYDEN posted:

These two I thought were the correct ways to actually do the fights until just now. Next time I'll have to try them the "proper" way.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

g0lbez posted:

I mean I got every moon but the darker side and volleyball, it's too late to back out now
2 player mode, my man. Park Mario in a corner and then Cappy it the hell up.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

the hatless invisible walkway piranha challenge room on dark side can eat my entire rear end. i mean i beat it but oofa doofa

Macaluso posted:

I don't know how you're supposed to figure out the "found with wooded kingdom art" moon on your own. Like, the picture shows a koopa troopa, four up arrows, and then two bushes side by side. There's groups of bushes all around that turtle, so naturally one of those should be right, right?

These bushes are almost completely at the opposite end of the map of the turtle. They aren't anywhere NEAR the drat turtle!
you go directly north as hinted by the compass in the art

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

The "FWOOMP" at the end :stwoon:.

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg

DACK FAYDEN posted:

2 player mode, my man. Park Mario in a corner and then Cappy it the hell up.

Holy poo poo this might be crazy enough to work, thanks!

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Macaluso posted:

The compass indicator was enough for me to figure it out on my own

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

Kaubocks posted:

the hatless invisible walkway piranha challenge room on dark side can eat my entire rear end. i mean i beat it but oofa doofa

I enjoyed the crazy post-game challenges like this way more than anything and kinda regret that there's not like 100 more of them. Died a ton on them though

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Kaubocks posted:

Jumping on top of the giant piranha plants is some bullshit

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I admittedly didn't even notice the compass

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

poo poo, I came to post my 450 moon deposit but gently caress me

https://twitter.com/_sockser_/status/928444137761673216

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The "FWOOMP" at the end :stwoon:.

Speedruns of this game are gonna get GONZO.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Play time is somewhere above 25 hours, and I just beat the final level. It was much easier than Champion’s Road, but it still gave me some difficulty.

Not sure if I will ever get to 100%/999 moons, but I will keep coming back to this game for a long time.

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg
And now thanks to the volleyball protip I have all the moons! Very clever of them to (880 moon spoiler) have you fight Bowser again so the game ends on a good note as opposed to ending right after you complete one of the inevitably lovely challenges you'll have left

samu3lk
Aug 25, 2008

I'm untouchable thanks to these pills.
Where the hell is the seed dispenser guy in the Mushroom Kingdom?

I found him last night and grew one vine but I was on a sleeping pill and now I can't find him again.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

samu3lk posted:

Where the hell is the seed dispenser guy in the Mushroom Kingdom?

I found him last night and grew one vine but I was on a sleeping pill and now I can't find him again.

i thought the seeds were just strewn about all over for this one

samu3lk
Aug 25, 2008

I'm untouchable thanks to these pills.

alf_pogs posted:

i thought the seeds were just strewn about all over for this one

Naw, the other seeds. The big ones the robot drops that grow big vines that you can climb.

EDIT: Wait you're right. I found the seed. I'm a idiot Thank you.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Are you guys using third-party stuff to record videos? Like, I know the system lets me take screenshots, but am I missing a small-video feature?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

MisterBibs posted:

Are you guys using third-party stuff to record videos? Like, I know the system lets me take screenshots, but am I missing a small-video feature?

Hold down the screenshot button for a second or two and it records the last 30 seconds of gameplay.

• Locked thread