Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

(the video feature was patched in a few weeks ago, just before Odyssey dropped.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Oh, thanks.

Also, I know this has been discussed because I thought I had screenshotted the post, but where is the 6-heart thing that is supposedly in the Broodal gauntlet? I'm down to one health through two of them.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

MisterBibs posted:

Oh, thanks.

Also, I know this has been discussed because I thought I had screenshotted the post, but where is the 6-heart thing that is supposedly in the Broodal gauntlet? I'm down to one health through two of them.

Facing the power line that leads to the Broodal area, it's on your right on one of the horizontal pumpkin stems. You have to spin cappy on it for a second.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

So doing post-story moon clean up in the Wooded Kingdom. Doing the note collection on the wall and I fall off the wall, figuring I just died. loving nope there is an entire new section of the kingdom called Deep Woods I had no idea even existed and would’ve missed completely if I hadn’t fallen off the edge of the wall to an apparent bottomless pit. If that hadn't happened I would’ve not known that part was there until I looked up some moons online

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

Dr. VooDoo posted:

So doing post-story moon clean up in the Wooded Kingdom. Doing the note collection on the wall and I fall off the wall, figuring I just died. loving nope there is an entire new section of the kingdom called Deep Woods I had no idea even existed and would’ve missed completely if I hadn’t fallen off the edge of the wall to an apparent bottomless pit. If that hadn't happened I would’ve not known that part was there until I looked up some moons online

That's a pretty big if, though. You're not going to get those notes on your first try, and with the way the path curves I'm pretty sure it's designed to get you make that exact discovery.

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Same thing happened to me, completely unexpected and somehow wasn't spoiled for me at all. It was straight up magical

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg

Poopy Palpy posted:

That's a pretty big if, though. You're not going to get those notes on your first try, and with the way the path curves I'm pretty sure it's designed to get you make that exact discovery.

Well they sure did a good job designing that part then

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

someone really should add the Super Heart location for the broodal fight to the OP. it comes up so often

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

alf_pogs posted:

someone really should add the Super Heart location for the broodal fight to the OP. it comes up so often

Hang on let me take a video of it.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

https://twitter.com/Alxprit/status/928486112598769664

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

g0lbez posted:

Same thing happened to me, completely unexpected and somehow wasn't spoiled for me at all. It was straight up magical

I'm kind of miffed, though not in a sincere way -- they actually showed off the Deep Woods in one of the promotional videos for the game, back when it was being shown off at press shows and the like. It was such a cool detail of the level that it basically sold me on the game, and that's a very good thing, but I'd have probably lost my poo poo if I had no idea it was there.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I was totally charmed by going to all these weird looking locations as Mario where his art style doesn't fit.

When the situation is reversed later on though and everyone is visiting the Mushroom Kingdom. Something about it is like... unnatural. Like they don't belong there. This is a sacred place real rear end looking humans

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Macaluso posted:

I was totally charmed by going to all these weird looking locations as Mario where his art style doesn't fit.

When the situation is reversed later on though and everyone is visiting the Mushroom Kingdom. Something about it is like... unnatural. Like they don't belong there. This is a sacred place real rear end looking humans

those are Donkians, not humans

Mario is a human

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Those dang DONKS. Only Paulina is welcome, and she doesn't even show up!!

I'm missing exactly SIX coins in the Sand Kingdom and I am completely stumped at where they could be

edit: Found three on a ledge. Looks like I'm gonna go do a shimmy around the whole map :v:

edit: In searching for these last remaining 3 coins, I discovered with some easy trick jumping you can COMPLETELY cheese the bullet bill poison lake section. You can go up there where the camera becomes free form instead of locked top down! There's even a coin stack up there to reward you for exploring! :buddy:

Macaluso fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Nov 9, 2017

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Finally beat Long Journey's End and figured out how to skip the harder parts of it. :peanut:

Once you get to the gliding portion, waggle in the tornados. You get more than enough altitude to soar right to the painting on the platform past the Forks.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

:doh:

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
This game overall is pretty amazing, evokes nostalgia and exploration in a way that I’m glad Nintendo is still getting better st.

The boss fights are really hit or miss though. Some are really cool and unique, but the re-use of the brood is a huge bummer as they’re mediocre boss fights and they feel pretty lack luster for what could have been really cool main plot enemies.

This is kinda interesting because they had a similar miss in BoTW - another Nintendo game where the exploration, environment and general mechanics are amazing, but the boss fights are very weak and repetitive.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

The Broodals are cool fights with a couple of tricks to each of them to skip phases or end them early which honestly makes it feel like they've got a bit more to them than some of the more cinematic fights even though they're just mid-bosses. They kinda need those though since you fight them 3 times each but it's a nice thing and gives you more to learn in the refights.

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

causticBeet posted:

The boss fights are really hit or miss though. Some are really cool and unique, but the re-use of the brood is a huge bummer as they’re mediocre boss fights and they feel pretty lack luster for what could have been really cool main plot enemies.

They might as well have just been Koopalings to be honest. I expected more from them since they were new and that kind of made their repetitive poo poo stick out a lot more

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Closest I got to being spooked in this game.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Every Mario game that isn't Yoshi's Island has mediocre and/or repetitive boss fights.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Internet Kraken posted:

Odyssey 2 better have a spooky kingdom

Luigi's Mansion

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Nice! Added to OP.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Kurtofan posted:

Odyssey 2 better have a spooky kingdom

Luigi's Mansion

People keep wanting ghosts and forgetting about Bonneton's happy little ghost folk :colbert:.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Poopy Palpy posted:

I'm pretty sure I got them on my first try :confused: Assuming it's the same one.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Those were my last 3 as well

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

gonna enjoy owning all the yanks when netflix is the first streaming service available here (because we don't have any other streaming services)

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
I finally finished the loving jumprope and all it took was for me to ride the scooter. Also I just realized that the jumprope ladies saying "Jump, man" is another DK callback! :doh:

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

:same:

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Internet Kraken posted:

Mine was the Banzai Bill in the level before the main story final boss.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Coaaab posted:

Mine was the Banzai Bill in the level before the main story final boss.

Almost every time they make sure to introduce Banzai Bill smashing through a wall of destructible blocks.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
discussion of being spooked made me realize the one thing this game is missing is an ominous underwater level. All the water levels are so cheery and there's no real deep water. where's my giant scary rear end eel nintendo??

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

The Walrus posted:

discussion of being spooked made me realize the one thing this game is missing is an ominous underwater level. All the water levels are so cheery and there's no real deep water. where's my giant scary rear end eel nintendo??

Keep playing.

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

The Walrus posted:

where's my giant scary rear end eel nintendo??

The Lord giveth..

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Thinking on it the only thing in the game that I think is kind of a bummer is (880 moon unlock) revamp of bowsers final boss fight. I was promised a harder fight but... all he does is a few more tailswipes when he's blocking your punches. It's not harder at all, and while I love playing as Bowser and the ending sequence having that totally unchanged just feels like a colossal waste. Like why was this painting even in the game when I can do the same thing right across from it and have the same experience. I mean c'mon Nintendo, I just 100% the normal moons. Let Bowser do a raging demon on me.

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Thinking on it the only thing in the game that I think is kind of a bummer is (880 moon unlock) revamp of bowsers final boss fight. I was promised a harder fight but... all he does is a few more tailswipes when he's blocking your punches. It's not harder at all, and while I love playing as Bowser and the ending sequence having that totally unchanged just feels like a colossal waste. Like why was this painting even in the game when I can do the same thing right across from it and have the same experience. I mean c'mon Nintendo, I just 100% the normal moons. Let Bowser do a raging demon on me.

It actually kind of weirds me out how much they didn't change that segment at all. There's really obvious stuff they could have done to make it harder like not giving you a +6 heart etc.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
It's a bit annoying to me that the only way to find purple coins missing from your collection is to buy a $13 toy.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
The ghost house level in odyssey 2 is gonna rule. The boo capture will let you make scary faces at things to spook them to death

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Keep playing.

It's in one of the moon levels or did I just miss it? thought the only real underwater areas were the lake and seaside kingdoms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

GreatGreen posted:

It's a bit annoying to me that the only way to find purple coins missing from your collection is to buy a $13 toy.

You could watch a YouTube video or just you know look for them

• Locked thread