Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

:wave:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Dehry posted:

I also just noticed Hau is running around with his Brionne out of its pokeball and he just points for it to go out in battle.

:argh:

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I'm happy my good pal Hau gets to have his pokemon follow him around.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Ohhh, early Noibat.

Oh, they evolve at Level 48 and you'll basically be waiting until the Move Reminder to give Noivern its good moves. Hmm.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Alright. I'm just past where Lusamine is introduced. She doesn't give off the obvious evil vibes from Sun and Moon. It has been mostly the same aside from the Ultra Recon Squad showing up for brief battles and some detours forcing the usage of the new features seen in the trailer. Mallow's trial is the most changed. It still involves grabbing items, but instead of having to get the right ones I guess there's a chance to not fight a Pokemon at the right collection point. Konikoni's construction site was another photo club.

At lest so far I haven't had to use Mantine surf again.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Paul.Power posted:

Ohhh, early Noibat.

Oh, they evolve at Level 48 and you'll basically be waiting until the Move Reminder to give Noivern its good moves. Hmm.

Beyond that, Noibat has base stats that can best be described as 'slightly above sunkern'
Fan games have taught me that nothing is a bigger waste of a wild pokemon encounter than really low level Noibats.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Dehry posted:

Alright. I'm just past where Lusamine is introduced. She doesn't give off the obvious evil vibes from Sun and Moon. It has been mostly the same aside from the Ultra Recon Squad showing up for brief battles and some detours forcing the usage of the new features seen in the trailer. Mallow's trial is the most changed. It still involves grabbing items, but instead of having to get the right ones I guess there's a chance to not fight a Pokemon at the right collection point. Konikoni's construction site was another photo club.

At lest so far I haven't had to use Mantine surf again.

From the script dump a while back it sounded like the water trial had Araquanid as a new totem pokemon, is that not the case? The leak was a mess though and had dialogue everywhere that was either from the original games or just plain didn't make sense so I guess I could have just read something wrong.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Man I forgot how annoying the green exclamation mark over Festival Plaza was. Please just GO AWAY!

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.

SyntheticPolygon posted:

From the script dump a while back it sounded like the water trial had Araquanid as a new totem pokemon, is that not the case? The leak was a mess though and had dialogue everywhere that was either from the original games or just plain didn't make sense so I guess I could have just read something wrong.

yeah, you chase away the remoraid to fight an araquanid. i thought it would be brutal but lil charjabug destroyed it.

i thought the new mallow trial was a lot more fun. the fire trial totem pokemon is also changed to alolan marowak instead of salazzle. hiker is still in too.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

[new yorkishly] eeeeeeey dat ub's poipole !!

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Zore posted:

Some other weirdness; Bisharp appears at level 36 and you can only get Pawniard through SOS.

Makes sense from a lore perspective since Pokedex entries mention Bisharp leading groups of Pawniard into battle.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Malie City is the location of the "Pokemon Gym" seen in screenshots. The owner made a fake gym that looks like the Vermilion City gym. Pay 1,000 pokebux and challenge a few trainers. Apparently it's once per day and Ryuki was sitting in there when I tried to enter again.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
either leakers are really bad at showing off the game or this 3rd edition is very boring

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Tired Moritz posted:

either leakers are really bad at showing off the game or this 3rd edition is very boring

It seems pretty pointless. I'm waiting for the Switch edition.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
There's just not a lot to show off during the first half.
The first hour is modified to get a Pokemon faster and skip a bunch of useless dialogue about Kukui challenging Kanto gyms. The game has progressed normally other than URS being the aliens they are investigating what a festival is and trying a Pokemon battle. Then later on the game moves a Skull event from the Berry farm to the Beach to force in the new minigame. Akala is 95% the same. Pikachu Valley is just a quick diversion.

Sophocles has a puzzle for his trial now. Better than the blackout quiz.

E: This unlocks the Battle Agency

Dehry fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Nov 9, 2017

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Zore posted:

Some other weirdness; Bisharp appears at level 36 and you can only get Pawniard through SOS. Volcarona is one of those 1% SOS pokemon like Salamence if you want one before level 59 :shepicide:
I like how they solve one 5th gen evolution level by just giving us the evolved version

and then totally ignore solving another

Come on, GF, just change them altogether :(

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Tired Moritz posted:

It was known for a while that this was pretty much a retread of the last one

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

ChrisBTY posted:

Beyond that, Noibat has base stats that can best be described as 'slightly above sunkern'
Fan games have taught me that nothing is a bigger waste of a wild pokemon encounter than really low level Noibats.

Yeah, Noibat reaches the dizzying heights of having base stats that are slightly worse than Hoppip

I tried to breed and use one for an X/Y playthrough and had to dump it pretty quick. Its like trying to carry a Caterpie through the game until it evolves and becomes decent, but not outstanding.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Tired Moritz posted:

That's basically what 3rd versions are. Small little changes to justify buying the same game again. At least this one has new Pokemon, but otherwise it's the standard third version that Pokemon really needs to move away from in this day and age.

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012
Im waiting to hear if there are improved methods of leveling and training mons in the end game. The lack of an decent way to get mons to 100 so I can use caps is what made me drop the game hard once i finished out looker quest.

Blaine the Train
Aug 18, 2006
Choo choo, pardner.

SpaceCadetBob posted:

Im waiting to hear if there are improved methods of leveling and training mons in the end game. The lack of an decent way to get mons to 100 so I can use caps is what made me drop the game hard once i finished out looker quest.

From what I heard there's a patch of grass with Chansies now and they can SOS call Blisseys, so that's SOMETHING.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

What a good dog :love:

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

that horse looks sick

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

New mythical is terrible and looks like a sonic the hedgehog character.

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

This is Canada. It snows nine months of the year, and hails the other three.

Ogmius815 posted:

Still better than the genies IMO

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Jade Mage posted:

Still better than the genies IMO

Or the lake trio

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
The elemental birds are the only good legendaries so it's no surprise the new one sucks too

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

cheetah7071 posted:

The elemental birds are the only good legendaries so it's no surprise the new one sucks too

the golems are better than the birds. also Yveltal, Silvally, Deoxys and Genesect.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
There's a few non-bird legendaries that are alright but none of them make it all the way to good and most are just trash

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

cheetah7071 posted:

birds are the only good legendaries

Indeed

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

The Gen 2 legendaries are all good. Raikou is probably my second favorite after Mewtwo.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
All Pokemon are good.

Legendaries are Pokemon.

Therefore, all legendaries are good.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
ah yes, the gen 2 legendaries - the legendary do*a bullet enters my skull from an unknown shooter*

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

pospysyl posted:

The Gen 2 legendaries are all good. Raikou is probably my second favorite after Mewtwo.

Shiny Raikou is pretty cool

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Haifisch posted:

All Pokemon are good.

nah

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Ogmius815 posted:

Just watch this lovely 10-minute video and you'll grow to love it

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Crosspeice posted:

That's basically what 3rd versions are. Small little changes to justify buying the same game again. At least this one has new Pokemon, but otherwise it's the standard third version that Pokemon really needs to move away from in this day and age.

They did that with X & Y. Was that fun?

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Other than a brief URS appearance, Ula'Ula was pretty much the same.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Rudoku posted:

They did that with X & Y. Was that fun?

Well, they could just include everything in the first time around. But hey, gotta milk that cash cow franchise somehow!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
enhanced rereleases are hardly a pokemon-only phenomenon