Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
Art coming later, unfortunately!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"
((Fuckin what?))

I propose we pop the Loud Wendigo since it rolled the highest.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Name: Bamboo
HP: 1/3??
Glory: 16 > 16
Skill: Basket Weaving [Ready]

-[Nägel]-

"Laughing! Biggest!! Threat!!! Warlord! Must!! Kill!!!”

Vote:

> Kill the LAUGHING LESSER WENDIGO

Task Manager
Sep 5, 2008

A weird time in which we are alive. We can travel anywhere we want, even to other planets. And for what? To sit day after day, declining in morale and hope.
OOC: Gabber is one of the few guy's sitting at 3 HP and with a shield to boot, so I'm feeling pretty selfless - anyone want to tally up how many and what PCs would die as a result of taking the 2 damage from their respective Wendigo? I feel like it's going to come down to people just voting for their own Wendigo, but if one group is just going to get massacred I'd rather make it a pure numbers game decision.

Man did those Wendigos roll well!

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Task Manager posted:

OOC: Gabber is one of the few guy's sitting at 3 HP and with a shield to boot, so I'm feeling pretty selfless - anyone want to tally up how many and what PCs would die as a result of taking the 2 damage from their respective Wendigo? I feel like it's going to come down to people just voting for their own Wendigo, but if one group is just going to get massacred I'd rather make it a pure numbers game decision.

Man did those Wendigos roll well!

Laughing was the only one to cause overflow, which will kill anyone it hits because everyone is taking two damage, and it doesn't cause mutation anyway so the fact that the mutations would continue is moot.

Also DK, who exactly would be rolling twice to attack two wendigos, the entire horde each? So it would be 100d100 vs Wendigo 1 and 100d100 vs Wendigo 2?

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

Mithross posted:

Laughing was the only one to cause overflow, which will kill anyone it hits because everyone is taking two damage, and it doesn't cause mutation anyway so the fact that the mutations would continue is moot.

Also DK, who exactly would be rolling twice to attack two wendigos, the entire horde each? So it would be 100d100 vs Wendigo 1 and 100d100 vs Wendigo 2?

Grimper would, so his 1d5000 + Total Horde Glory x2

Task Manager
Sep 5, 2008

A weird time in which we are alive. We can travel anywhere we want, even to other planets. And for what? To sit day after day, declining in morale and hope.

Mithross posted:

Sorry, should have clarified further - I'm moreso worried about those Horde members who entered the battle already at 2 or lower HP - those that were previously crippled, or the wounded from Fostis that never got healed. I was wondering how many of those people were in any of the Wendigo groups.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Task Manager posted:

OOC: Man did those Wendigos roll well!
OOC: Not particularly, average for 4d1000 or 40d100 is a hair over 2000.

Push Further. We stand or fall as a Horde, no-one left behind. (Incorporated into fluff post below, do not double count.)

AJ_Impy fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Nov 10, 2017

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Push Beyond (Laughing&Loud)
That should save most player characters

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Task Manager posted:

Sorry, should have clarified further - I'm moreso worried about those Horde members who entered the battle already at 2 or lower HP - those that were previously crippled, or the wounded from Fostis that never got healed. I was wondering how many of those people were in any of the Wendigo groups.

I should have shown my math. Two people at 2 hp attacked loud. One person at 2 hp attacked laughing, plus he will overflow kill 3 others. The overflow is the deciding factor if we kill just one. This doesn't include the people DK assigned however

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Noggins
Skillcores: Carpentry, Blasting (Not Consumed)
HP: 3
Glory: 17->18
Ritual Glory: 1

Noggins held on for dear life as the wendigo bucked underneath her, its already cavernous maw splitting even wider to somehow release even more noise. This wasn't going well, she knew. Her sword had gone into the thing repeatedly, and she could have sworn she managed to pierce all the way through the roof of its mouth once, but it didn't seem to matter. The silver lining that for as awful as this experience was, she was surprisingly safe from her perch, shielded from the worst of the sound by the creature's own head. Far above most of the battlefield, she was able to get a grasp of the situation.

The ugly one was... oh god, it was trying to eat people, all struggling to get free of its horrible mouth before it crunched down on them. Grag was in the clear, dangling from the creature's ruined arm, but,Cornbread, Hat, Neebs, and Klörf were not so lucky. And Flitter... Flitter had almost disappeared straight down the creature's gullet, one hand desperately gripping a tooth all that was keeping her from death.

The laughing wendigo was, thankfully, not eating people, but the wild thrashing of its tongue was almost as bad. Splut stumbled, avoiding a fatal blow only by sheer luck, although it was clear the next thrash, already in motion, would end him. Gigs, Qwäg, Bamboo, Dummy, Gelia, Spleen, Flipit weren't quite as poorly off, but they were still in dire straits indeed. What's worse, that tongue looked long enough to reach and hit someone who wasn't even engaging it.

And as for the loud one... Well, as long as Noggins stayed up here she was safe, Gabber's careful strikes from the shadows had spared him the beast's immediate attention, and Hob was, smartly, firing from beyond the wendigo's reach, but that was where the good news ended. Shiny, RIK, Mason, Doc, Grumbus, Gloff, and Gado were all clutching at their bleeding ears, and Tharbad and Biggo had fallen over completely, still unsteady on their replacement legs. The wendigo shifted beneath her, its eyes all focused on their prone forms.

"NO!" Noggins screamed, stabbing it again. "DON'T! DON'T YOU DARE!"

((Voting Push FURTHER BEYOND

The Lord of Hats fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Nov 10, 2017

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

sheep-dodger posted:

Push Beyond (Laughing&Loud)
That should save most player characters

+1 to this.

Pushing Further would obviously be the best but I don't trust 1d5000 rolls enough to go for that. Laughing needs to die because otherwise WAY too many people are going to get wrecked, and Loud has the most players attacking it (totally not selfishly voting for it because my character is in that group :v:)

Task Manager
Sep 5, 2008

AJ_Impy posted:

OOC: Not particularly, average for 4d1000 or 40d100 is a hair over 2000.

Fair enough, you're right. Guess I'm just surprised that out of 3 rolls of 4d1000 and some change, all three managed to come in at least slightly above the average. Me being surprised at that is a good indication why I don't have a mind for statistics and probability!

Mithross posted:

I should have shown my math. Two people at 2 hp attacked loud. One person at 2 hp attacked laughing, plus he will overflow kill 3 others. The overflow is the deciding factor if we kill just one. This doesn't include the people DK assigned however

Thank you! I see what you're saying now - given the overflow the Laughing is clearly the most dangerous, as if his attack goes through we'll lose 4 people on that roll alone, one of which is guaranteed to be a PC. The overflow on 3 low rollers in other groups depends on if any PCs or people that got randomly assigned rolled low enough. PCs who didn't take an action could randomly be assigned to the Ugly one, but as it stands no one at 2 HP attacked the Ugly, so a vote for Laughing or Laughing and Loud seems most prudent.

Task Manager fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Nov 9, 2017

Barbed Tongues
Mar 16, 2012

Pythag
HP: (3) of (3)
Skill: Math
Equipment: Armor (+4), Iron Shield
Glory: 2

Insanity! This whole place was insanity. The rush of battle still thrumming through him, Pythag dipped his fingers into some of the muck puddling around the fallen. Raising it to the glass cell with the prison staff inside, he begins to write...

Action: Intimidate the Staff 1d100+2 = 72

There was going to be hell to pay, and those folks inside better get the shitstorm they were in through their head real quick.

(voting for the Laughing wendigo. Highest Glory+Body loss, and want to save Grimp's health for cases that will really save the war effort)

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

e: Vote changed for actual post

super sweet best pal fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Nov 10, 2017

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

Name: Hob

HP: 3/3

Glory: 8≥9

Ritual Glory : 2

Skill: Bee keeping, Contortion

Hob advanced towards the Wendigo, but he was too far back, to far away. Things were not going well. If he could only...

A roar from behind him, Grimper. Hob dived to the wall, barely clearing the hallway before the warlord barrelled past.

It looked like he was going for the Laughing and Loud ones alone!

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Gado!!!
Skill: Digging (+20- Available next turn), Mining
Glory: 2->3

Gado stumbles back from the hideous beast, the Mad Mole left inside the Wendigo to tunnel to safety through its sound muffling guts. Gado on the other hand falls to the ground his hands clasped over his ears in a feeble attempt to block out the cacophony. The Loud and Laughing beasts had to go if there was any hope of the horde regrouping.

Successful Businessmanga fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Nov 9, 2017

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Sucy
Glory: 13
Skill: Mushrooms

Sucy was driving the shaft of her battle brüm through the skull of one of the Fröman guards, when she realised that the sounds coming from the entrance were beginning to change. It was no longer just the normal sounds of battle, but the cries of the wounded were growing in intensity, the fight was clearly not going well. The laughing wendigo in particular was overwhelming the group of Töans that were engaging it and its tongue was starting to reach further, towards the other groups that were fighting. Such a sneak attack could easily prove fatal to someone distracted by their own fight. Gripping her brüm tightly, Sucy turned away from the guards and waited for the next time the tongue tried to lash out.
"This is gonna hurt"

Sucy volunteers to take the overflow threat from the Laughing wendigo

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer

Extra Skillcore: Sitting Quietly
Glory: 15 -> 16
Ritual Glory: 2?

"Ah, The Horde. Just in time. Sounds like they are mopping up the last bits of Nägel resistance, and judging by the blood now decorating our little cell-window, they, much as me, are none to happy with how your lot have been treating My People.

Now, I can understand, if never condone, your treatment of the Neötypes - they yearn to be free, to feel the sun in their eyes and the wind and the blood on their teeth - whilst you keep them locked in a cage for your barbarous studies, of course you would have reason to fear them. But why would corral and imprison those born simply... better than you? Surely they if any should be your masters.

We see more, you know. Sense more. Feel more."

<Snödis smiles to herself briefly before continuing, a twinkle in her many eyes>

"Their names, I would have them. I'm sure you kept a list, you science types always do. Scribbling down their unique enhancements as 'abnörmalities' with your ever-so-neat-handwriting - noting what procedures you would expose them to next, what horrors to inflict on the innocent. Pfah."

<Snödis turns as best she is able to face Zapanda>

"But I'm sure you meant no harm. And you'll prove it, too, by handing me that list. Then you will unlock my chains, and then you will Sit Quietly as I showed you how. Do this, and I will vouch for you when the Warlord comes. Yes, I said Warlord. We aren't some Saturday night räbble you know. You wouldn't want to make him think you are Resisting now, would you?"

Gäther Information: 1d100+15 = 71

---
OOC: Voting Push Further! (Laughing & Loud)

Swedish Thaumocracy fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Nov 9, 2017

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

Name: Stårn
Additional skills: Butterfly Beastmaster
Glory: 16 -> 17

Hasty assaults, less than adequate preparation. Outcomes that were easy to see in advance for a True Sieger.

Nevertheless, hordemates were in danger, so Stårn wisely decided this was not a time for any 'I told you so's or other such things. There were still fights to be won, and the Laughing One seemed the most threatening at the moment.

Task Manager
Sep 5, 2008

Name: Gabber
Skill: Mimicry, Listening, Night Vision {cooldown}
Glory: 7

The next few minutes (or were they merely seconds that felt like minutes?) passed by in a blur. All around him chaos reigned as comrades were being eaten alive, slammed against nearby walls, or having their organs reduced to liquid as a result of the shrieking wendigo he now faced. His initial attempts to strike and avoid the Wendigo had found purchase, his enhanced vision helping him greatly. Lunge here, block left, strike now! Roll there, jump up, strike now! He seemed to have arrived at the perfect mix of fear, adrenaline, and focus needed to be his most effective when it counted at the absolute most.

His strikes didn't seem to be doing anything though. Noggins' efforts of stabbing into the beasts neck from behind also didn't seem to slow the thing one bit, as it suddenly jerked and widened its mouth even further beyond the already unnatural length it had previously achieved, letting out the loudest gibbering shriek yet!

Later when he was able to reflect on the battle and question why, from his close position his head hadn't simply just ~*popped*~ from the force of the blow, he had to assume his Listening Skillcore had somehow managed to involuntarily plug up his ears to protect himself from the worst of damage. In the moment, though, all he could do was let out a hopeless moan at the futility of their situation. He was exhausted, and could tell with each swing of his sword, each block with his shield, he was slowing down. He couldn't keep this up forever...

Suddenly Grimper's call split through the noises of battle. The Warlord would save them! Putting everything he had left into trying to stay active for just a few more moments, Gabber tried to brace himself as the Warlord made his move towards the Laughing and the Loud wendigos...

~~~Push Beyond: Laughing and Loud, a game by David Cage~~~

Task Manager fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Nov 9, 2017

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Dog Kisser posted:

[*]Push Beyond!
(Roll twice and attack two of them - if either roll is not enough to beat the Wendigos’ roll this round, Grimper himself will take Damage, in addition to failing!)
[*]Push Even Further!
(Roll three times and attack three of them - if any roll is not enough to beat the Wendigos’ roll this round, Grimper himself will take Damage, in addition to failing! May cause Grimper’s death!)[/list]

Can you clear this up? If all his rolls are greater than one Wendigo's roll but one or more fail to beat the second or third's, does he still kill the first?

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Name: Gawp
Skill: Perception (cooling)
Equipment: Fröman Cuirass (+1), Sikatris Scarf, Sharp Stick (+0)
Glory: 10 -> 11
Ritual Chits: 19 -> 20 (artwork bonus)

Nägel Corrections Facility (part 2) - The Vault: In face of the Horde's dire circumstances and despite his best efforts, there very little that Gawp could do to help. When life-or-death situations like these strike, many other Töans have reported that they feel as though everything becomes a wild blur. Not so for Gawp - for him, everything seemed to freeze in place. When his adrenaline surged at the sight of the Wendigos, Gawp's awareness for his surroundings suddenly spiked, and all the world seemed to slow down as if it were trapped in heavy molasses.

In slow motion, Gawp watched in horror as the carnage of the Wendigos played out through the vault's corridors. From his position behind the others, Gawp could see it all in sickening detail. He saw the ugly one, the way it rolled and thrashed and bit at the others with leg and claw and tooth. He saw the laughing one, the way it lashed and stomped through the others giggling fiendishly. He saw the loud one, the way it screeched and howled and flailed its many jaws about. Gawp saw all the other Töans he knew, all pressing ranks around the Wendigos, saw them being flung left and right like so many stacks of loose kindling. It was indescribable to watch, and yet...

Gawp kept throwing the contents of his bread sack at the monsters for all he was worth, aiming for their eyes so as to distract them. The other Töans who were with him, back behind the lines of combat, were clanging away on the walls with their terrible battering ram, pounding away at the monsters' eardrums and steadily eroding their sanity. The percussive force created a constant beat. Like wardrums, the ramming kept Gawp rooted to the flow of time in the present...

Gawp reached inside the satchel once more and realized, aghast, that it was empty - he had nothing left to throw!

At that moment, Grimper pushed past him. General Grimper - looking like a true Warlord - stepped forth among the Töan rabble, his eyes blazing with that same pink flame that danced above his head.

Grimper was stepping into the ring! Grimper was going to save us! Grimper was going to save us all!

Fight, Grimper, fight! Destroy all three Wendigos with your unopposable might! Push even further than you ever thought possible - do it for your Horde!

From behind the cover of his fine scarf, Gawp gaped at the magnificently-wrought display of raw power.

Lux Anima fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Nov 10, 2017

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

super sweet best pal posted:

Can you clear this up? If all his rolls are greater than one Wendigo's roll but one or more fail to beat the second or third's, does he still kill the first?

Yeah I was afraid I was confusing there - I'll roll two or three times, then compare all of em' to the chosen Wendigos. If any of those rolls beat the Wendigo's roll, the thing is killed and we move onto the next one.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Name: Hat
Skills: Millinery, Backflips
HP: 3/3 for now...
Equipment: Spear (+1), Leather Armour (+1), Sikatris Scarf
Glory: 15

The Unexpectables were nothing if not enthusiastic about fighting whatever was in their way. And they all gave a good account of themselves against the three horrors and their captors.

But the Wendigos were stronger.

Hat was unsure if the ringing in her her ears was the Loud one's sonic attacks, or the screams of the injured. Or her own screams. She pulled her spear out of the Ugly one, towering before her all snarl and gnash and fist, ran back a few paces - so much blood, so much red blood - juked to the left, took a step forward and thrust her spear again into the beast's hide, catching a vicious blow from its arm. Knocked back and sprawled on the floor, her eyes had a chance to take in the rest of the battle - but it didn't seem like any of the others had made a breakthrough either. Then she saw a welcome sight: Grimper, charging up some sort of weird magic poo poo. And aiming it at the other two monsters.

Hat got up. Stay to the left, avoid magic poo poo, she thought, before running back into the fray. She had a spear to reclaim.

Voting to Push Beyond - Laughing and Loud Wendigos.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

CourValant posted:

:allears:

Do Bamboo! DO BAMBOO!!!

Well, since you insist...

Half-wit
Aug 31, 2005

Half a wit more than baby Asahel, or half a wit less? You decide.

Name: Neebs
Skill(s): Sales, Drinking
Glory: 3 -> 4

The attack on the Ugly one hadn't gone well. The battlebrüm, while an adequate weapon, just couldn't pierce the beast's thick hide; though dark blue welts seemed to be forming wherever the business end of the brüm hit. Neebs caught a moment between swings to wonder if she'd chosen a good weapon, but then noticed that Hat wasn't having much luck with her spear either, barely getting much past the skin before momentum stopped. What exactly was this thing's skin MADE of?

When it decided to start eating some of them, she began to lose all hope...and it was about that point that Grimper stepped in and Killed The Laughing One!

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

The Lord of Hats posted:

Well, since you insist...

Yep. That's our little Basket Case Weaver Bamboo! Thanks!

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

HP:NAND(1,-1)
Glory:16
(Carrying the Whistling Skillcore unused)

It wasn't looking great. He ducked and dived, dodged and weaved, just about getting out of the way of that tongue, feinting and parrying with the sword cane, evasive manoeuvres and ruses de guerre becoming easier as his overworked skillcore began to recover and make itself useful. Of all of them here, he was perhaps the least capable of taking a hit from that thing in his current state, which just meant not getting hit as he tried to murder it. He kept his focus on battling the Wendigo, not even truly registering Grimper stepping in to Save them all.

Bee Bonk
Feb 19, 2011

Skill 2: Amputation
Glory 13

Qwäg hissed through clenched teeth as the bulk of the hideous laughing wendigo pressed her into the wall, knocking the breath from her lungs. Her weapon, slick with ichor but still clenched in fists long gone numb, was forced deep into the creature's ponderous bulk by the great heaving of its flesh. A hot, bitter spray of monstrous fluids splattered Qwäg, mingling with the blood flowing from her wounds as she struggled. Her feet slid on the slick floor, body held erect only by her deathgrip on her weapon, and she plaintively looked to Warlord Grimper, haunted desperation in her eyes.

Push Beyond (Laughing and Loud)!
Also jumping in front of a Mutation bullet if needed

Bee Bonk fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Nov 10, 2017

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Name: Portha
Skills: Rummaging (on cooldown), Cleaning, Imagining
HP: 2/3

"SHUT UP!'

Those stupid monsters were in her head. Portha could hear them all the way down the hall. The screaming and laughter were starting to get to her and she wished they'd hurry and kill the laughing and loud ones already.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

Added terrifying monster pictures to last update! Aiming to update again tomorrow

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Name: Gigs
Skills: Unflappability, Triangulation
HP: 1/3
Glory: 15

Gigs gazes up from the floor, his vision blurry, getting worse. He hears a sound like wine from an uncorked bottle. The sound is close, uncomfortable, and only just to loud to ignore, which was really the worst part. Couldn't get it out of his head.

"H-mph...mmm...."

Raising his sword cane, carefully, he jabs it twice in the air, indicating that however much time he might have left in this world, he would very much appreciate it if Warlord Grimper would push beyond and ensure the Loud and Laughing Wendigos had even less time.

Bad Seafood fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Nov 10, 2017

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Name: Ringo!
HP: 2/2 (Crippled)
Glory: 15 > 16
Skill: Lockpicking

Ringo can't see what's happening with the Wendigos, but that's only because he's too terrified to look. "Save us Grimper!" He screams. He starts rifling through the belongings of the guards. Surely they had something to prod these wendigos along, right? Right? They couldn't be so stupid as to let these monsters out uncontrolled...right?

Loot the prison guards, find wendigo herding gear?: 1d100+15 84

OOC: Save us all! Go beyond the beyond!. Idk if Pythag's group is eligible to earn glory from rolling this turn. If not, let me know.

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

Name: Hob

Glory: 9

Ritual Glory : 2

Skill: Bee keeping, Contortion

From his position safely behind the warlord, Hob was safe. And the rest of the horde too, protected from the worst. Treating his eyes away from the Loud one, Hob witnessed the carnage the Ugly One was causing. The bodies strewn around it already. The relentless onslaught. Flitter clinging on for dear life hanging from its tooth, being pulled down by it's horrible tongue.

Not clinging! Her hand gone! No!

Hob launched himself forward from where he fell, falling more than running towards the Wendigo, stumbling past the warlord charging up whatever weird Grimping powers he was using. Hob's hordemates were fighting the beast, trying to dodge is blows, but he had different ideas. It seem him coming, rolled round to meet him, it's hideous mouth opening in a grimace.

Hob leaped into the Wendigoes open mouth, reaching out a hand to grab Flitter. Just in time! Grasping her wrist tightly, he held on. He couldn't pull her out, no, he just needed to hold on long enough for the warlord to

CRUNCH CRUNCH

The Wendigo bit down heavily. Hob felt it's horrible teeth pierce his skin. But he held fast.

Sacrificing position of safety to take damage instead of Flitter

WereGoat fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Nov 10, 2017

Task Manager
Sep 5, 2008

Hello all! As someone who has very little artistic talent, I've been trying to think of ways that I could contribute to the awesome art that's been submitted so far for this very fun game that Dog Kisser has made. I've also been hoping that more people join us and fill out some of the available nameless mook spots we still have open. Combing the two, I reached out to DK and ran by him my idea: Put Up That Banner!

So here's what I was thinking. I'm willing to foot the bill for a banner ad for one month to try and generate some more interest and get some more people to join us. However, what I need from all of our talented artists is for someone to make us a banner ad! I was thinking we could give our artists a few days to put forth their best effort, and then put it to a thread vote with the winner being the ad selected.

The banner ad needs to meet the following specifications: 40kB max, exactly 468x60px - Allowed types: GIF, PNG, JPG. I was thinking we could allow submissions through :siren:Monday, November 13, 2017 at noon EST :siren: (or longer if needed), and then depending on if we get more than one we put it to a vote.

Thanks in advance to anyone willing to make a submission!

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

Task Manager posted:

Hello all! As someone who has very little artistic talent, I've been trying to think of ways that I could contribute to the awesome art that's been submitted so far for this very fun game that Dog Kisser has made. I've also been hoping that more people join us and fill out some of the available nameless mook spots we still have open. Combing the two, I reached out to DK and ran by him my idea: Put Up That Banner!

So here's what I was thinking. I'm willing to foot the bill for a banner ad for one month to try and generate some more interest and get some more people to join us. However, what I need from all of our talented artists is for someone to make us a banner ad! I was thinking we could give our artists a few days to put forth their best effort, and then put it to a thread vote with the winner being the ad selected.

The banner ad needs to meet the following specifications: 40kB max, exactly 468x60px - Allowed types: GIF, PNG, JPG. I was thinking we could allow submissions through :siren:Monday, November 13, 2017 at noon EST :siren: (or longer if needed), and then depending on if we get more than one we put it to a vote.

Thanks in advance to anyone willing to make a submission!

Neat! I may also contribute because it's fun but you're under no obligation to pick mine!

Also update coming today so hold onto your hats (and heads) for as long as you have both!

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Any scientist with the right background can brew his own booze.

What do you mean electrolytes aren't used for brewing booze? That's silly!

Well when all you have are chunks of TNE and an overly large water ration, all the world looks like a still!
Grimey Drawer

Skill: Sleuthing
Glory: 10 ----> 11

Humbug turned from the frantic wall-banging to see numerous Töans in mortal peril, struggling with the vicious Wendigos. He looked over at Stårn and the rest of the siege crew, shook his head and let go of the Ram. Distraction time was over - it was hardly the most reliable tactic when dealing with something as dangerously unpredictable as Wendigos anyway, it'd just been the best they'd had available.

He was about to brace himself against the wall, as commanded, when he spotted quite how badly the Töans were doing. Shocked and aggrieved, some half-remembered instinct from his Watch days awoke. Raising trembling dukes, he sighed a hum of resignation, before charging past the Ritualizing Warlord. Wendigo or not - Warlord or not! - he would not let someone die needlessly as long as he had something to say about it!

"Halt in the name of Queen Reina, you misshapen töber!" he cried reflexively as he closed in on the Wendigo, smacking it in one of its protuberances as it tried to put in a finishing blow on an unfortunate Töan.

Humbug throws himself in the path of danger to take 1x Potential Threat on behalf of 1x Töan (Named gets priority).

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

You sacrificers are so gallant! :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007

Skills: Spreading Disease

Vote: Push Beyond - Laughing and Loud

Grumbus poked his plague stick at the Loud One's myriad sores and cuts, to disappointing effect. It certainly weezed, leaked pus, and all that wonderful stuff enough to be sick, but Grumbus was pretty sure it was just humoring him. Fortunately, it seemed like that boss was about to do something cool!