Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Shageletic posted:

Isn't every Tory like a serial sexual abuser now?

Sure, there was that Labour guy who killed himself the other day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/Bencjacobs/status/928714394283933697

Thank god it's Friday already.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Hakkesshu posted:

The entirety of Louie is overtly about how much he sucks and how insecure he is in himself. Sometimes I wonder how someone so introspective will just randomly whip out their dick, but that's celebrities I guess.

It never made any sense to me either, but there seemed to be so many incidents that it had to be true. Like you wouldn't think the guy whose entire thing is self deprecation would be the one always whipping his dick out but yeah I guess fame can bring out the worst in people.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Maybe it was a performance art thing about how tiny his dick is.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

BTW Gawker had this story in 2012, their account is identical to the account of the lede in the NYT story, but everyone was like "pfff gossip rag"

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

zoux posted:

BTW Gawker had this story in 2012, their account is identical to the account of the lede in the NYT story, but everyone was like "pfff gossip rag"

People thought it was Doug Stanhope or something for a while and also assumed it concerned Garfunkel + Oates, it was all over the place but man that confirmation in the story about an incident from the Cox and Arquette is a really big nail in the coffin, along with all his other weepy texts and calls for forgiveness. Jesus what a creep.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
Here we go.

https://twitter.com/nytimesarts/status/928710050151124992

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
He apologized to the wrong woman about something he did to another woman. He's done this so many times, he can't keep it straight.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

This scene now takes a different tone:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apc85Cp4lQQ

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Yeah that was my favourite, he apologized (in archivable text form) for forcing her into a bathroom and she was like "uhhhh, you came up to me in a hallway / asked to masturbate in front of me and i said no and that was it..."

lmao

"""""Damage Control"""""

bring back old gbs fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Nov 9, 2017

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

T-Bag noooooo

https://www.avclub.com/prison-break-s-robert-knepper-accused-of-sexual-assault-1820308183

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

uhhhhhhhhhhhhh this article is super disturbing; even more so than usual.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

Jesus Christ.

"That's just not who I am" clinches it as a fact.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Party Plane Jones posted:

uhhhhhhhhhhhhh this article is super disturbing; even more so than usual.

I was literally mouth agape reading that account. He mutilated her.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Brooklyn Nine-Nine is reaching its 100th episode next month... Pretty crazy to realize they're already that far in!

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

welp add Matthew Weiner to the pile, also for forcing Kater Gordon out of the industry.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

In other news, Disney announced that Rian Johnson will oversee a whole new Star Wars trilogy that takes place in a different galaxy and disconnected from the current series. We're totally getting Star Wars movies until we die.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Mu Zeta posted:

In other news, Disney announced that Rian Johnson will oversee a whole new Star Wars trilogy that takes place in a different galaxy and disconnected from the current series. We're totally getting Star Wars movies until we die.
I'm 100% okay with this as long as Rian Johnson is at the wheel and not Ron Howard or Colin Trevorrow.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Shageletic posted:

welp add Matthew Weiner to the pile, also for forcing Kater Gordon out of the industry.

This is one of the least shocking for me to be honest. Always thought the dude and his kid were creepy as gently caress.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

DLC Inc posted:

People thought it was Doug Stanhope or something for a while and also assumed it concerned Garfunkel + Oates, it was all over the place but man that confirmation in the story about an incident from the Cox and Arquette is a really big nail in the coffin, along with all his other weepy texts and calls for forgiveness. Jesus what a creep.

A big part of the reason people thought it was Stanhope is that Stanhope has 100% done as much if not worse.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Mu Zeta posted:

I can get behind this because my biggest issue with TFA was shifting focus from the new characters to legacy ones for half of the movie (Yet conversely I'm most excited about TLJ for finding out what happened with Luke.)

Disney also announced the live action Star Wars TV series is a go, and it's going to be on the Disney streaming service (As well as a Monsters, Inc. series, and the next iteration of High School Musical.)

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

less laughter posted:

Brooklyn Nine-Nine is reaching its 100th episode next month... Pretty crazy to realize they're already that far in!

They've been celebrating their 99th episode over social media. Nine-Nine!

Snak posted:

That's great.

I am sorely disappointed that you, of all people, with that avatar, didn't go for :perfect:

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

JethroMcB posted:

Disney also announced the live action Star Wars TV series is a go, and it's going to be on the Disney streaming service (As well as a Monsters, Inc. series, and the next iteration of High School Musical.)

Live action Monsters, Inc? How the gently caress would that even work? Paint Billy Crystal green and give him an eyepatch?

Actually wait I want that, make that happen please.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

there's a thread over in CD where we're discussing all of the hollywood abuse stuff (esp. C.K. today, for obvious reasons), you should come join us.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

DC Murderverse posted:

there's a thread over in CD where we're discussing all of the hollywood abuse stuff (esp. C.K. today, for obvious reasons), you should come join us.

Am I allowed to be creepy about Allison Mack's sex cult there ??

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

esperterra posted:

I mean, join the club.

Wait..

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

JethroMcB posted:

I can get behind this because my biggest issue with TFA was shifting focus from the new characters to legacy ones for half of the movie (Yet conversely I'm most excited about TLJ for finding out what happened with Luke.)

George Lucas claimed they had over 100 scripts ready to go for a live action series. I hope it has nothing to do with that.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

esperterra posted:

uh, please keep that in here, or even better, on some weirdly specific reddit created explicitly for your weird fetish

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

The accursed fetish of being a homo with a sense of humour.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
i think that whether it's in good taste or not (and i have good faith in you) it gets uncomfortably close to the people saying "i'm sure plenty of the people Spacey/Singer hit on were super into it".

like... that's not the point, i think

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

esperterra posted:

If 'sense of humour' means making the same lovely posts over and over again, sure.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Mu Zeta posted:

George Lucas claimed they had over 100 scripts ready to go for a live action series. I hope it has nothing to do with that.

Why? For the most part George Lucas is a poor writer and director, but he's a wonderful producer. Getting talented people to make interesting and unique things is how he built the foundations of modern entertainment media. Young Indiana Jones and (most of) Clone Wars shows that he's highly capable of producing great, groundbreaking television.

I'd rather have an interesting TV show that has some rough, weird edges than the sort of milquetoast retread stuff that Disney is putting out. Just compare the uneven-but-great Clone Wars to the truly awful Rebels to see the difference of his guiding hand. Don't write off the man's entire career just because you feel betrayed by a few bad but boundary pushing movies at the end of it.

feedmyleg fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Nov 10, 2017

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

esperterra posted:

i mean, you can try but there's a warning right in the OP that it's a serious topic and will be moderated thusly. is your joke worth 6 hours, or a week, or :10bux:? that is up to you.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

feedmyleg posted:

Why? For the most part George Lucas is a poor writer and director, but he's a wonderful producer. Getting talented people to make interesting and unique things is how he built the foundations of modern entertainment media. Young Indiana Jones and (most of) Clone Wars shows that he's highly capable of producing great, groundbreaking television.

I'd rather have an interesting TV show that has some rough, weird edges than the sort of milquetoast retread stuff that Disney is putting out. Just compare the uneven-but-great Clone Wars to the truly awful Rebels to see the difference of his guiding hand. Don't write off the man's entire career just because you feel betrayed by a few bad but boundary pushing movies at the end of it.

I didn't like either the Clone Wars or Rebels, but in any case I would rather they follow the lead of Rian Johnson doing a whole new story in a different galaxy. I don't want anything even tangentially connected to Skywalker.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I appreciate that the goal is to make the Star Wars universe too big and untenable for me to ever feel like i have to rewatch the whole thing when I feel like watching a movie.

Because like "I guess I'll rewatch the trilogy" was fine and "I guess I'll watch both trilogies" was manageable but its already getting a bit too big for my "I guess I'll watch... nine movies? And a couple of cartoons? How many seasons?" feeling. Please finish crushing my "completist" instinct, Star Wars. Its a burden.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I don't watch Rebels but I've never heard anyone say it was "awful," what?

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Arist posted:

It's premise is a poor ANH retread of the gang on the Falcon, all the characters are unlikeable and bland, all the characters make constant illogical choices for plot purposes, its writing is dumbed down and aimed at children. Also they incorporate tons of old EU-style nonsense like

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I only saw the first few episodes but the animation quality took a noticeable dive. Lucas was funding Clone Wars with extra production values.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Arist posted:

I've tried watching is a handful of times, but the only time I enjoyed it was when I checked in for the second season finale.

It's not awful like, say, Inhumans is awful, but I found it dreadfully mediocre. That, and I don't like most of the character designs, the art style, and -- I get that this is petty -- I find the super thin lightsabers really distracting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

DC Murderverse posted:

i mean, you can try but there's a warning right in the OP that it's a serious topic and will be moderated thusly. is your joke worth 6 hours, or a week, or :10bux:? that is up to you.

The joke was me asking fwiw, I have no intention to make jokes about that kind of stuff in a serious thread about how nasty Hollywood has been and still is.

You taking it seriously was p good tho.

• Locked thread