Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

STAC Goat posted:

There's a lot of stuff out there about ROH from Cornette. I also remember some stuff about drama in the CZW locker room. And in fairness... CZW and Danzig. There's a million stories out of that. But also Steen was apparently just going out there with a title and shoot poo poo talking the company. So a bit more of the 50/50 stuff.

PWG seems way less booker orientated and wrestler orientated so I imagine they'd have way less problems in that environment.

edit: Zandig. Me stupid.

Yeah PWG is probably a much easier environment. Their issues usually seem to be with management which in my opinion is noble and totally fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

VJeff posted:

Whoa, something rovert posted doesn't add up under basic scrutiny? Weird.

Just how bad does your rear end hurt you little dweeb

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

VJeff posted:

I just think you're full of poo poo like usual, if that helps.

VJeff posted:

Change it up dude and offer something productive to the thread. Rather than write essentially the same post on two back to back pages.

Feel free to actually scrutinize what I said.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Like think about the list of bosses zayn and Owens have had. Zandig, Cornette, and Vinnie mac. A who's who of weird toxic people.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

PWG doesn’t have a locker room, they have like a utility closet.

You get real close with the boys when you all need to fit into a phone booth to change.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
https://twitter.com/RusevBUL/status/928811964712833025

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The_Rob posted:

Like think about the list of bosses zayn and Owens have had. Zandig, Cornette, and Vinnie mac. A who's who of weird toxic people.

Oh, for sure. Wrestling is filled with huge assholes and Owens' fallouts tend to be with more notable of them. But also there's been hundreds and thousands of wrestlers who have dealt with those same assholes so you can still kind of judge Steen vs his peers.

I've always just chalked it up to Steen being an rear end in a top hat who doesn't deal well with assholes in his way, of which there are a lot of in wrestling.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Here in Quebec we call those Quebecers.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

which one shits on his desk

or preferably, in his mouth

Gotta grab the rear end ring

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

rovert posted:

Not really looking for people to agree exactly

Oh don't get me wrong, it's just a weirdo pedantic thing with me where I automatically gotta post "now hold on, playa...." whenever anybody claims that people have a consensus opinion online :sweatdrop:

So far I haven't gained the power to book Kane as a mystery opponent, sadly

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Steen was also incredibly happy in PWG so of course he wasn't acting lovely.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Did WWE green light mild intergender stuff this week or something?

https://twitter.com/realellsworth/status/928767442339246080

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

mojo rawley, bitter tears in his eyes, stood up on the bus and demanded sami and owens sink down to his level and stop being GOAT talents. thats what happened that was the commotion

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

rovert posted:

Change it up dude and offer something productive to the thread. Rather than write essentially the same post on two back to back pages.

Feel free to actually scrutinize what I said.

Okay.

Your claim of Zayn and Owens being insufferable and the SmackDown locker room celebrating them being gone sounds like total nonsense. There's nothing to support the notion that they were doing anything to their other co-workers, there isn't even a consensus on if they messed up that segment with New Day or not or if the stuff with Owens on the bus happened or not. It sounds like another thing you just made up and then got indignant over when people didn't take your vague implications seriously. Y'know, like all those wellness violations that were definitely coming a while ago.

But even pretending it's true for a second, WWE has completely bungled Owens and Zayn and if they're pissed off, good. They pretty much bungled everybody else in that locker room too, so maybe they're getting frustrated with the wrong frickin' party, here. Maybe they should start getting pissed off at how badly they've been bungled too. Maybe if more of them were acting like Neville and Owens and Zayn, this show wouldn't be such a loving chore to watch every week.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

VJeff posted:

Okay.

Your claim of Zayn and Owens being insufferable and the SmackDown locker room celebrating them being gone sounds like total nonsense. There's nothing to support the notion that they were doing anything to their other co-workers, there isn't even a consensus on if they messed up that segment with New Day or not or if the stuff with Owens on the bus happened or not. It sounds like another thing you just made up and then got indignant over when people didn't take your vague implications seriously. Y'know, like all those wellness violations that were definitely coming a while ago.

But even pretending it's true for a second, WWE has completely bungled Owens and Zayn and if they're pissed off, good. They pretty much bungled everybody else in that locker room too, so maybe they're getting frustrated with the wrong frickin' party, here. Maybe they should start getting pissed off at how badly they've been bungled too. Maybe if more of them were acting like Neville and Owens and Zayn, this show wouldn't be such a loving chore to watch every week.

Then don't watch the shows if you feel like they are a chore to watch. It's not that hard!

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
oh rusev :swoon::allears:

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy

rovert posted:

Femdom's big business.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

VJeff posted:

Okay.

I agree with everything you said for the record! If you get attacked in the ring later I'm running out to save you

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

DarkstarIV posted:

Then don't watch the shows if you feel like they are a chore to watch. It's not that hard!

I like the wrestlers. I don't like watching them get clowned over and over again. This also is not that hard.

(And for the record, I've been watching way, way less since SummerSlam when they basically killed 205, which I really liked before!)

Alan_Shore posted:

I agree with everything you said for the record! If you get attacked in the ring later I'm running out to save you

If you turn on me and beat me up, then I'm going to be very sad and fight you and lose to you for the next six months, just so you know.

MJeff fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Nov 10, 2017

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

rovert posted:

I think they've only okayed woman-on-Ellsworth violence.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Yeah, Ellsworth getting beat up by women has been a thing since Wrestlemania.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

VJeff posted:

Okay.

If you'd pay attention to the reports that match up, we know the bus incident couldn't have happened. How does it sound like total nonsense? The locker room ends up really angry at someone basically every European trip. Guys are stuck on tour buses for the better part of two weeks. If you are miserable, people will notice.If two guys are miserable it is even worse. They should be miserable. It sucks that it makes the other guys miserable but most of them should be miserable. They shouldn't be happy when a company decides to get rid of PPVs without compensating them for the network. They shouldn't be happy when the company treats them the way it does. That is all correct, but when you are stuck traveling on a bus for two weeks you just want the whiners to shut the gently caress up because gently caress this tour.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

VJeff posted:

Rovert's been completely reasonable about the Owens and Zayn stuff and you're being weirdly antagonistic for no reason

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
On the men/women thing:

https://twitter.com/dajosc11/status/928806001289191424

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

VJeff posted:

Okay.

Your claim of Zayn and Owens being insufferable and the SmackDown locker room celebrating them being gone sounds like total nonsense. There's nothing to support the notion that they were doing anything to their other co-workers, there isn't even a consensus on if they messed up that segment with New Day or not or if the stuff with Owens on the bus happened or not. It sounds like another thing you just made up and then got indignant over when people didn't take your vague implications seriously.

It isn't my claim or something I "just made up". A number of reporters said the same thing.

I don't make things up and will never make things up here. I post too much accurate information (like Aries being fired by Triple H) to make stuff up.

VJeff posted:

Y'know, like all those wellness violations that were definitely coming a while ago.

I never actually said this. I was the one expressing caution about the rumour and that the situation seemed like circular reporting/rumour mongering.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

What's new about a mixed tag, just the specific pairings? There was a mixed tag at Mania.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

flashy_mcflash posted:

What's new about a mixed tag, just the specific pairings? There was a mixed tag at Mania.

I don't remember the last time they did them on house shows. I am not saying the World has changed just there's been a mild change.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

I think the Ellsworth stuff probably just reminded them they can mix things up that way. I think they did some with the Hardyz earlier this year?

I'd guess the actual intergender stuff would still just be comedy matches.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
PWInsider

quote:

WWE have applied to trademark 'WWE Mixed Match Challenge', an interesting choice as it could be the title of a new series or event.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Can't wait to see Asuka submit Brock Lesnar.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Gonz posted:

Can't wait to see Asuka get beaten by Brock Lesnar for an uncomfortable amount of time in a match she put together.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

This is probably more realistic.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I generally like you VJeff, sincerely, and rov often annoys me, but in this case shut the flying gently caress up. Also the shows really aren't bad, especially lately. Even SD has been picking up, and I'm not just saying that because they switched the title.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I wish Harper would get pissed

They aren't even promoting his acting career :negative:

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

They’ll probably let Cruiserweights work intergender because we need another reason to find them tiny and inferior to the heavyweights.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Chris James 2 posted:

I wish Harper would get pissed

They aren't even promoting his acting career :negative:

They just had a commercial on Smackdown about his TV appearance

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I generally like you VJeff, sincerely, and rov often annoys me, but in this case shut the flying gently caress up. Also the shows really aren't bad, especially lately. Even SD has been picking up, and I'm not just saying that because they switched the title.

Fine, I'll shut up about the rovert stuff. But there's still plenty of garbage on these shows. Owens and Zayn have been totally bungled, Survivor Series has had cool elements but it just turning into another McMahon wankfest is tired trash, they're screwing up Asuka in record time, I'm sick of all the neverending heel reigns (although it is hilarious that they came up with this Champion vs. Champion stuff and then realized almost all their loving belts are on heels so they have to change a ton of them) and this bears repeating: 205 Live was a really cool show, I don't care if nobody watched it, it was really solid every week and over the course of like the Raw before SummerSlam up to No Mercy, they fuckin' killed it and now in what's supposed to be the workrate division, we have Enzo Amore talking for-loving-ever and then going over Neville, Kalisto and Tyler Bate.

It sucks. It loving sucks. I love the wrestlers, but the writing for all of these shows is dreadful to the max and I know you mentioned it's not just because of this but it bears stating anyway - AJ beating Jinder is cathartic as hell but doesn't fix all of it.

MJeff fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Nov 10, 2017

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

What's new about this? They've always done mixed tags and called them as such, just not intergender tags.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/coupdebanks/status/928413426287763456

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

VJeff posted:

Owens and Zayn have been totally bungled

Is that really true tho? They've come off of a main event feud and still feel like a focal point of almost every show. I mean, they lose all the time but everyone who is not an absolute top guy does.

• Locked thread