Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

I like the Shredder Sniper, the bolt action one is nice as well, but I'd need more action bar buttons before I'd start using it again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Did you finish Fortnitemares? The extra pinatas are killer for better heroes and weapons.

Yeah, I started the game about a week before Fortnitemares and to finish all of the event quests I've played more Hexsylvania than anything else. It got me this stable of costumed heroes which seem like a nice start:

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

I was reading up on these and apparently a couple of the costumed heroes have really good ability loadouts, which is nice.

Also I wanted to say thanks for all the good advice in this thread. There have been a couple video game threads I've been in where people are crazy assholes for no reason, and I'm glad that's not like that here.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Also if there are 2 different heroes but they have the same exact job title they're the same essentially, right

Like a Penny Constructor Controller would be the same as Hazard Constructor Controller?

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Also if there are 2 different heroes but they have the same exact job title they're the same essentially, right

Like a Penny Constructor Controller would be the same as Hazard Constructor Controller?

As far as I can tell yes, for example Headhunter and Halloween Jonesey are both Urban Assault soldiers with identical skills.

Sputnik
Jul 21, 2003

I felt like a ninja, and my kung-fu was strong.

Feel free to double check me, but the halloween Epic heroes apparently have the same stats as the Legendary versions. A purple llamurai gains stats as fast as a legendary dragon.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

I was reading up on these and apparently a couple of the costumed heroes have really good ability loadouts, which is nice.

Also I wanted to say thanks for all the good advice in this thread. There have been a couple video game threads I've been in where people are crazy assholes for no reason, and I'm glad that's not like that here.

The Hexsilvania questline is worth doing just for picking up these heroes. Apart from Constructors (poor guys) every class gets at least one of the top-end versions (Urban Assault, Shuriken Master, Ranger) so you can't really go wrong hoovering up as many as possible.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

I just levelled up Dragon Ninja Sarahotep...was that wrong?

I hope it wasn't because I got 3 legendary blades in the melee llama I purchased

Gumbel2Gumbel fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Nov 7, 2017

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)
No stream tonight due to personal commitment, will stream again thursday, thanks!

Also accidentally got 100 solo wins and didn't stream it, lol, damnit

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
It's strange how much I'm loving Battle Royale in this since any time I watch the Polygon PUBG streams I think "that looks so not fun to actually play"

Are all of y'all just playing the regular game though? If not and you're on PS4, refer to my earlier post for my PSN ID so I can maybe try out duo/squad without ending up with 3 pubbies that run away from me and die 10 seconds after we land.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

I just levelled up Dragon Ninja Sarahotep...was that wrong?

I hope it wasn't because I got 3 legendary blades in the melee llama I purchased

Dragon Ninja is really good. I personally think Dim Mak is better because of the shield regen but dragon has other defensive buffs and stronger swording.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

precision posted:

It's strange how much I'm loving Battle Royale in this since any time I watch the Polygon PUBG streams I think "that looks so not fun to actually play"

I’m in the same boat. PUBG conceptually is fun to me, but the reality of actually playing it is not fun.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Rocket riding makes this already awesome game even better lmao

https://clips-media-assets.twitch.tv/26670542000-offset-29558-854x480.mp4#t=0

https://clips-media-assets.twitch.tv/26670542000-offset-18682-854x480.mp4#t=0

https://clips-media-assets.twitch.tv/148298040-854x480.mp4#t=0

https://clips-media-assets.twitch.tv/26670630176-offset-13424-854x480.mp4#t=0

teagone fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Nov 7, 2017

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Bug Report:

Won't fix, too funny

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

They would be loving dumb to fix that. Thats loving hilarious.

Oh, they seems to embrace the shilliness!, this is loving great!!

https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite/en-US/news/v-1-8-2-patch-notes

brush consumable.

Tei fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Nov 7, 2017

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef
Tale of tragedy and caution - I was 10 kills deep in a No Fill squad game. Last two kills were a hectic barrage of rockets but left me in the middle of the smallest circle I'd ever seen. Only 1 opponent left - he fires at me from right on my rear end and I do a jumping 180 and fire a rocket that should splash him to death.

At that exact same tick he builds a wall.

I splode myself instead.

Moral of the story is always try to build a wall/ramp if you can???

Super Rad fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Nov 8, 2017

Sricero
Nov 7, 2010

I Teach Yoga you son of a bitch.
I just got this game and it’s awesome.

Add me: Sricero

Duct Tape
Sep 30, 2004

Huh?
Got my first win last night, and managed to get the win without hiding in a bush at any point.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/SaltySpiffyDartfrog-mobile.mp4
Hands were trembling when I got this shot off. So excited to play more tonight.

Duct Tape fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Nov 8, 2017

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

KILL-GORE

(and counting!)

Duct Tape posted:

Got my first win last night, and managed to get the win without hiding in a bush at any point.

Hands were trembling when I got this shot off. So excited to play more tonight.

Congrats!

sogekihei
Jul 15, 2001
That’s a badass first win. I can’t aim that drat thing for the life of me.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

This game broke my Warframe addiction, I'm surprised. Goddamn is schematic XP a pain in the rear end to get though.

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
fucking stupid, dont listen to me

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

This game broke my Warframe addiction, I'm surprised. Goddamn is schematic XP a pain in the rear end to get though.

Grind out SSD missions, transform all your loot into more loot, and recursively grind them down into xp. Turn survivors into items, then turn items into more items, etc.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
Just to confirm, there's no way to get the ingame currency via battle royale, right? You have to spend money on either the PvE game and play that, or just buy the v-coins?

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Minrad posted:

Just to confirm, there's no way to get the ingame currency via battle royale, right? You have to spend money on either the PvE game and play that, or just buy the v-coins?

So far as I can tell, yeah.
There might be daily missions or such in PVP that award coins but I've not seen them.

The PVE component is pretty fun, and if you're just playing it for coins it won't get stale and grindy on you either. It's only past the second area that you really might start to hit a wall so far as progression where it becomes a big time sink - but still, a solid PVE game buried under dumb progression/RNG decisions.

https://gfycat.com/gifs/detail/WickedEnviousHorse

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Resources are too hard to come by. Mousetrap making should be the name of the game.

Also if I need a sniper rifle and I have a blue (rare) that has good stats, should I level it up to 15 or is that a complete waste?

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Resources are too hard to come by. Mousetrap making should be the name of the game.

Also if I need a sniper rifle and I have a blue (rare) that has good stats, should I level it up to 15 or is that a complete waste?
You can get 90% of the xp invested when you recycle or transform. Sniper rifles are kind of meh imo, but if you don't otherwise have a decent long range gun then go for it.

Once you're in mid-plank resources becomes easier if you're smart about it and know what to look for to gather and don't go berserk on traps. You get more stuff per node later, except for herbs/flowers from bushes and the scaling metal/powder/rope. I'm constantly full of stuff and have about 210 pre-crafted traps just sitting in my inventory right now.

That ammo consumption.

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

KILL-GORE

(and counting!)
streaming in 10 minutes!

https://go.twitch.tv/sigmahere

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Okay so can I ditch my stacks of planks and rough ore?

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

hahaha the loving bush meta

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Okay so can I ditch my stacks of planks and rough ore?
I generally make those into wall launchers. But, if you're running out of space, they're probably the ones to toss second, after flowers.

You'll also need some rough ore to make explosive powder with coal.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

I still don't have a wall launcher schematic. How many tiles do they push enemies?

Are slug guns any good? Are they hitscan? I have an epic schematic for a Hammershot.

Are burst snipers any good? I just got an epic one.

Do you absolutely need all good perks for a weapon? I just need something to get me through Plankerton and the next that isn't as shell hungry as my Tigerjaw. I don't mind going for headshots with a slug gun or a sniper. Everyone else can thin the herd while I hit the harder targets.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

I still don't have a wall launcher schematic. How many tiles do they push enemies?

Are slug guns any good? Are they hitscan? I have an epic schematic for a Hammershot.

Are burst snipers any good? I just got an epic one.

Do you absolutely need all good perks for a weapon? I just need something to get me through Plankerton and the next that isn't as shell hungry as my Tigerjaw. I don't mind going for headshots with a slug gun or a sniper. Everyone else can thin the herd while I hit the harder targets.

Wall launchers push 1+ tiles.
Set them up 1 tile from a ledge/basement/cliff - or facing back down a ramp if there is no other option. Delays husks but good, or murders them if they fall into inescapable spots. I like pairing them with floor spikes (to slow and clump up) or floor launchers - the latter especially if enemies are -dropping- onto the tile. This has a tendency to fire both traps at once and launch husks for miles.

Slug guns are neat but in a strange place - good single shot but lower end DPS - I like them for clearing normies and fatties, but when the action gets thick I swap out. Serviceable as snipers, too.

The snipers are incredible for bursting down important monsters - especially so Blasters and Takers - and if you're far away they can unleash hurt on Chargers, too. They're somewhat wasted on regular husks for the sheer ammo vomiting, though.

DarkDobe fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Nov 10, 2017

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Yeah I'm playing in a living room with mouse and keyboard so I'm only hitting roughly 40-50% headshots with snipers I think. But it seems effective since I'm topping the combat ratings in pretty much every match? Not sure how that is calculated.

Most of the time I'd rather hit the big enemies and let everyone else mop up the trash, though. I really, really do not want to spend most of my time opening up ammo cans or hunting for nuts and bolts

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
Playing squads with randoms has been really fun. Haven't really done squads before and racked up 3 wins in 5 games or so, teammates all been pretty good and minimal communication needed it's great

sogekihei
Jul 15, 2001
That’s not bad for random squads. I already know the answer to the question (people are idiots) but why in the world would you not jump where 3/4 squad mates are jumping? Every other game it seems some jackass just peels off without the rest of the squad and dies.

Preem Palver
Jul 5, 2007

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Yeah I'm playing in a living room with mouse and keyboard so I'm only hitting roughly 40-50% headshots with snipers I think. But it seems effective since I'm topping the combat ratings in pretty much every match? Not sure how that is calculated.

Most of the time I'd rather hit the big enemies and let everyone else mop up the trash, though. I really, really do not want to spend most of my time opening up ammo cans or hunting for nuts and bolts

Just use a pathfinder every once in a while on a city or industrial parks map, you'll be swimming in ammo, nuts and bolts, and mechanical parts. Look for garages, laundromats, and construction sites for stuff to search/smash.

To diversify your ammo use, ARs like the siegebreaker or deathray are good both at a distance and at close range, especially with good bonuses. The siegebreaker uses cheap light ammo and can reliably headshot with good impact in controlled bursts or spray and pray to wipe out crowds. The deathray has very low impact, but virtually no recoil or spread, and is a decent all-purpose weapon against elementals with its energy damage. It's handy in the later parts of Plankerton when multiple types of elementals, including huskies, start showing up on the same map.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Preem Palver posted:

Just use a pathfinder every once in a while on a city or industrial parks map, you'll be swimming in ammo, nuts and bolts, and mechanical parts. Look for garages, laundromats, and construction sites for stuff to search/smash.

To diversify your ammo use, ARs like the siegebreaker or deathray are good both at a distance and at close range, especially with good bonuses. The siegebreaker uses cheap light ammo and can reliably headshot with good impact in controlled bursts or spray and pray to wipe out crowds. The deathray has very low impact, but virtually no recoil or spread, and is a decent all-purpose weapon against elementals with its energy damage. It's handy in the later parts of Plankerton when multiple types of elementals, including huskies, start showing up on the same map.

Yeah but how do I get a siegebreaker or deathray? Also the grave digger would be acceptable.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Yeah but how do I get a siegebreaker or deathray? Also the grave digger would be acceptable.

Theres no way to get a specific weapon. Gamble on a bunch of ranged llamas and hope you dont get something poo poo. Spoilers: You're going to get a bunch of garbage.

Preem Palver
Jul 5, 2007

Great Beer posted:

Theres no way to get a specific weapon. Gamble on a bunch of ranged llamas and hope you dont get something poo poo. Spoilers: You're going to get a bunch of garbage.

Yeah, I've been insanely lucky on ARs with the llamas I've gotten through events or accumulated v-bucks. I have an epic scavenger rifle with affliction damage, lower recoil, and bonus damage; a (soon to be) fire-type siegebreaker with +30% damage, +20% headshot damage, and +12% fire rate; and a deathray with +56% crit chance and +15% damage.

That said, I don't really have good weapons of any other type and all my traps are blues. It's always fun to try out new things, trade stuff, and build a community though, so if anyone wants to add me (convoy46) I can craft you my ARs for mats, will pay you mats for good non-AR stuff, or trade for weapons of around the same level. Also down for missions in general, storm shield defenses, BR, etc. I'm currently in the last bits of Plankerton, playing level 34-46 missions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Can you trade schematics or no?

• Locked thread