Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

SeANMcBAY posted:

Does anyone actually like Silver? I wish they’d stop throwing him into games since I think his design is dumb.

I like that he's "Trunks from DBZ except much less competent" because he's kindof a huge dork.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

The game itself disappoints me and I don't want to spend my money on it, but I really REALLY wanna mess around with that character creator.

SeANMcBAY posted:

Does anyone actually like Silver? I wish they’d stop throwing him into games since I think his design is dumb.

My nephew loved him despite never playing a game with him as anything other than a multiplayer character. I think his appearance and powers appeal to at least one audience. I mean, he's based on Trunks and he's got psychokinesis.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQzWtdk40T8&t=411s
It's weird how this stage (stage 26 at 6:51, if the timestamp breaks for some reason) actually has some side paths but the red rings are all placed on the obvious path of least resistance. That's kinda counter to the whole principle of optional collectibles

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Mortar Canyon is this weirdly detailed stage with many different ways to go, some cool quick step areas, and some neat platforming but you can easily just miss all of those places by boosting right over everything following the red coin path. I actually kinda like the level a lot. It's pretty easy to constantly keep up your boost and just fly through it and that's fun but if you die for whatever reason or lose your speed you've got this completely different level basically.

It's weird though because it's a level that's so easy to S rank you don't really need to replay it and the main reason you would go through all those different paths is to see what the level has in store, which isn't really the design philosophy of modern sonic stages.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

where are the Number and Moon Rings located on that stage? I dunno if they're on the "easy" path or not.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Do the numbers and moon rings do anything, other than an achievement? Also has anyone worked out how to unlock Super Sonic yet?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Super Sonic isn't in yet. All the patch did was add support for his eventual inclusion.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CyA5DyAMtI

I can't stop listening to the music from this game, I've had this on loop all day. Send help please.

TenWren
Jan 22, 2012

I read this a couple pages back, but count me as another person recommending TieTuesday's stream if you want an upbeat Sonic Forces playthrough. He has fun the whole way through, the chat goes nuts over Hoobastank and avatar unlocks, and it's just a genuinely good time.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

SeANMcBAY posted:

Especially with what the comics do with him he's probably my favorite character in the franchise.

Skeletome
Feb 4, 2011

Tell them about the tournament!

suck it cybershell i'm rank 3, i'm so good at this horrible game

Emong
May 31, 2011

perpair to be annihilated

TFRazorsaw posted:

Super Sonic isn't in yet. All the patch did was add support for his eventual inclusion.

If anyone's curious SteamDB lists 3 unreleased DLCs for Forces. One of them is probably Super Sonic, but who knows what the other two are.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Emong posted:

If anyone's curious SteamDB lists 3 unreleased DLCs for Forces. One of them is probably Super Sonic, but who knows what the other two are.
one of them is

Emong
May 31, 2011

perpair to be annihilated

Good.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Honestly Super Sonic sounds like a terrible fit for this game. The levels already only last a few seconds, why would you want to make them even shorter?

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Wow, the final boss was a miserable pile of trial and error that took me 15 minutes.

This really is the sequel to Generations! :v:

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Flytrap posted:

Honestly Super Sonic sounds like a terrible fit for this game. The levels already only last a few seconds, why would you want to make them even shorter?

Yeah, there's no real need to include him considering you have infinite lives and most of the levels shouldn't take you more than 3 minutes at the most, then again pretty much every 3D game not counting Sonic Boom has had some kind of transformed state (even stuff like Sonic Shuffle and the Riders series wound up cramming Super Sonic in there somewhere), so I guess it was inevitable.

That said, I wonder if said DLC will extend to all playable characters (meaning Shadow and your Avatar will be able to go Super as well) or just the two Sonics.

Kurieg posted:

Wow, the final boss was a miserable pile of trial and error that took me 15 minutes.

This really is the sequel to Generations! :v:

I don't know, I found it pretty easy myself:

Phase 1: This is more or less the same concept as the Egg Dragoon fight (just knock the rocks he throws back at him, you can actually keep bouncing the rocks back and forth multiple times if you're quick enough).

Phase 2: Bring the Lightning Wispon and spam it constantly (it does good damage and gives you invincibility frames), making sure not to get crushed by the fists.

Phase 3: Just keep boosting and collecting rings (you don't even really need to worry about dodging attacks all that much), spamming the Homing Attack whenever you get close.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Nov 10, 2017

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Larryb posted:

Phase 1: This is more or less the same concept as the Egg Dragoon fight (just knock the rocks he throws back at him, you can actually keep bouncing the rocks back and forth multiple times if you're quick enough).

Phase 2: Bring the Lightning Wispon and spam it constantly (it does good damage and gives you invincibility frames), making sure not to get crushed by the fists.

Phase 3: Just keep boosting and collecting rings (you don't even really need to worry about dodging attacks all that much), spamming the Homing Attack whenever you get close.

Phase 1 wasn't that hard, but phase 2 has a few instant kill attacks with no telegraphing that you wouldn't know about until you've seen them already.

Also i went into the boss fight with Cube equipped.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Kurieg posted:

Phase 1 wasn't that hard, but phase 2 has a few instant kill attacks with no telegraphing that you wouldn't know about until you've seen them already.

Also i went into the boss fight with Cube equipped.

Phase 2 is probably the worst part of that fight I'll give you that (like I said, you can pretty much cheese it with Lightning if you want, same goes for the Avatar vs Infinite fight actually), but the rest isn't that bad (the final phase is almost too easy to be honest).

Slightly more of a challenge then Lost World's final boss (which can literally be taken out in about 3 hits) but I didn't really find it as tedious/irritating as the Time Eater fight from Generations.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Nov 10, 2017

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Looks like a homing attack. Be careful!

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
Hmmph. Looks like a homing shot.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Phase 2 is bad just for the first time he smashes through the platform because there's no telegraph and if you need to get close range to hit him you're just going to die since you have no idea what's coming.

It's still better than any Super Sonic final boss in the series.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

https://youtu.be/Y5Cn9Ra1kwo

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I'm surprised you can manage the half pipes. I've definitely fallen off those before.

RearmingStrafbomber
Jan 29, 2009

1-1-2029, tonight the stars are shining bright
Seid bereit! (Immer bereit!)

Hier kommt der Panzerwulf.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Sonic must die now

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

RearmingStrafbomber posted:

Hier kommt der Panzerwulf.

ARE THOSE OMEGA'S loving LEGS

Tim Burns Effect
Apr 1, 2011

Level Up: Horror master John Carpenter on his 20-year Sonic The Hedgehog addiction

quote:

“I’d die every time. And then have to start back. It was so frustrating, but there was something so intensely addicting about that,” he says. That quality retained Carpenter’s interest throughout the Sonic series; he’s even stood by Sonic during some of the character’s most notorious low points. “I even like the one where he turns into a werewolf,” he says referencing 2008’s poorly received Sonic Unleashed.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Screaming Idiot posted:

ARE THOSE OMEGA'S loving LEGS

Yeah he is dead in Forces.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Jarogue posted:

:(

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Jarogue posted:

He gets better

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Carpenter has good taste, Unleashed Day rules.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice
Yeah, so this game is...uh...

I definitely had fun with it, overall, but hot drat it's unfinished as heck. Like, what the gently caress happened? It's like they accidentally deleted the master build of the game with only a month to go, so they had to cobble together some stuff using Generations assets and a few new things (Classic Death Egg was neat to see). I think my favorite stage was the Avatar stage where Infinite keeps loving with gravity, I wish there were more levels that felt like...stuff was happening?

The game's plot is really really weird. The writing has some really funny lines and I laughed out loud a number of times playing it, but the plot of the game will have some big terrifying obstacle come up and then immediately be dealt with like it was nothing. Not to mention the beginning of the game and an early trailer make a big deal out of Chaos, Zavok, Shadow, and Metal Sonic showing up, but Zavok just fights you on a robot, Metal Sonic is just an easier version of a later Infinite fight, Shadow beats up his own fake in a cutscene, and Chaos also gets beat up in a cutscene. Them all being fake illusions comes up ALMOST IMMEDIATELY and nothing interesting ever happens with them. It's like they had a bunch of cool ideas and then ran out of time for...all of them? Except for the create-a-character thing. That was fun and good. I made Coldsteel the Hedgeheg.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

God I love OC dressup; this is my Chao Garden.

Next game please: Chao Garden with Chao you can also dress and raise into a playable avatar.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Emong posted:

Hopefully one of them fleshes out what happened to Infinite; his story just kind of stops rather than ends, like there's meant to be another boss battle when he flies off to the tower but instead we get nothing at all.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Episode of Infinite which is just a boss battle where Shadow beats him up and calls him a loser.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

and there's never a fight with chaos either

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

It'd be cool if there was some kind of DLC that explained why nobody knew Shadow was really good and the other ones were fakes for 6 months despite there being no reason why Shadow himself couldn't just tell them. Ok maybe not cool but like seriously what the gently caress was up with that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

It'd be cool if there was some kind of DLC that explained why nobody knew Shadow was really good and the other ones were fakes for 6 months despite there being no reason why Shadow himself couldn't just tell them. Ok maybe not cool but like seriously what the gently caress was up with that?

Shadow is the exact kind of shitlord who would wait until the "coolest" possible moment to reveal that he is in fact good and the other guy is a clone.